Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged exit fee incorrectly

• 27-01-2018 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi. I was charged an early leaving exit fee incorrectly. Thus happened even though I left after the 12 month contract expired. When I questioned this EI said it was a systematic error. If this is true then many customers will surely be affected too. EI admitted their mistake and refunded me the €50 exit fee they originally charged me. I still feel aggrieved and know that if I wasn't so diligent in checking and questioning my bill the €50 exit fee would most likely have gone into EIs profits. I sent an official formal complaint and await a full detailed response.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi horsebox7,

We're sorry to read this.

If you would like us to check your account for you, please send us a private message with your details:

• Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,

Aoife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Hi horsebox7,

We're sorry to read this.

If you would like us to check your account for you, please send us a private message with your details:

• Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

[*]We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,

Aoife

Advertisement