Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Based Dividends - Tax Liability on Reinvested Dividends

Options
  • 27-01-2018 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Apologies if this has come up before but I couldn't find anything specific:

I have a bunch of vested shares acquired via an Employee Share Scheme in work sitting in a US Brokerage Account for the past number of years.

Being completely ignorant of investments and tax concerns in general until very recently I naively assumed all my tax liabilities were "taken care of" since nobody had actually approached me and stated otherwise.

So my question:
    1. Am I liable for income tax on these automatically reinvested dividends even though the moneys never left the brokerage?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know of an Accountant that deals with US taxation and investments if you want me to pass on their details.

Advertisement