Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia

Options
1235»

Comments

What a main event!! Unbelievable match.

Rest of the show was ok. Extreme rules match was enjoyable but nothing special and I thought the tag title match was grand as well.

That main event though! Wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

What a main event. I’ve not got emotionally into a match in manys the year but that had me totally locked in.

It’s funny - had a match like that happened in the indies it would be dismissed out of hand by certain posters here but because it’s NXT it’s a MOTY.

Anyway - incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

It's almost as if context matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I thought the main event would struggle to follow the gore p0rn of the ER match, but wrong I most assuredly was.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loved the bit at the start of the show with Paul Heyman.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/957678745317359616

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again the main roster has a lot to follow.

I was just wondering during this match when would Zelena get in the ring as a competitor then Candice happened. As soon as she came around to that side of the ring, I expected it.
    I was also expecting Ciampa out to cost Gargano the match but I think they mad the right choice by having the attack be post match. You heard the crowd any time the medics came down. They were booing and calling "Bulls***".

I think Percy really benefitted from Nigel's absence. Meant he could contribute more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Almas/Gargano is up there with the best singles matches in recent WWE history. The gold standard for me is Styles/Cena at the RR and Dunne/Bate at Takeover:Chicago. It sits there with those two as the best thing I've seen from that company in the last 4 or 5 years. Incredible match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Once again the main roster has a lot to follow.

I was just wondering during this match when would Zelena get in the ring as a competitor then Candice happened. As soon as she came around to that side of the ring, I expected it.
    I was also expecting Ciampa out to cost Gargano the match but I think they mad the right choice by having the attack be post match. You heard the crowd any time the medics came down. They were booing and calling "Bulls***".

I think Percy really benefitted from Nigel's absence. Meant he could contribute more.

Agreed, i was waiting for Ciampa to come down but it was great to see Selina get some comeuppance after all the interference . I knew when the logo came up Ciampa was gonna return and it was brilliantly done

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Post show with Cathy and Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I had extremely high expectations for Almas vs Gargano and it exceeded them. It's going to be difficult for any match in any promotion to better that this year. Great call backs, great counters, great pacing, great moment when Candice jumped the barricade to attack Vega, work was smooth all the way through, and a finish that had me feeling genuine emotions.

Delighted for Almas, it looked like less than a year ago that he was going to be a flop and out of the company, what a turnaround. I think that was the best WWE match in years.

I missed some of the Black vs Cole match, including the chair spot as my network feed was freezing on me. I though Black looked excellent.

I popped for the finish in the Moon vs Baszler match. Enjoyed the cross arm breaker spot as Moon was constantly trying to block it and fight out of it.

Dream vs Ohno started out well but got very sloppy. I think they might have just got too ambitious with some stuff.

Tag title match was probably my favourite straight two vs two tag the AOP have had. Fish and O'Reilly were brilliant.

Really enjoyed the show. The two man booth was a nice change from having three people talking over one another and bickering about stupid stuff instead of just focusing on the action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Percy stepped up his game, still not great but better than nearly everyone else in the company.

Advertisement