Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Really hope that team can put in a decent performance. Can't really ask for much more given who's available at the moment. If they can't do a job against Chelsea then a 4th place finish could be a bit of a slog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How out of form does Young have to get to keep his his place?

Also Hazard is going to fill his boots if Chelsea get as many chances as Sevilla the other day, Willian too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Liam O wrote: »
    How out of form does Young have to get to keep his his place?

Mourinho obviously feels he's more solid. Shaw needs to be playing these games what's the point in setting him back everytime he gets some momentum going.

Warm up your hands lads. It’s head patting time!!!

I dont remember him making any mistakes defensively recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

It's only one of the strongest in the prem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

The Smalling hate here at times still astounds me.
    Aren't we something like 9 clean sheets in 11 for 2018 so far?
    And haven't fact checked at all but I'd guess Smalling has started basically all those.

My bigger concern is the seeming lack of faith in Shaw for big games

Jesus for all the Lukaku haters Kane just missed an absolute sitter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

limnam wrote: »
    It's only one of the strongest in the prem :)

Not when those 4 play.

Liam O wrote: »
    Not when those 4 play.

How many goals have those four let in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Smalling hate here at times still astounds me.
    Aren't we something like 9 clean sheets in 11 for 2018 so far?
    And haven't fact checked at all but I'd guess Smalling has started basically all those.

My bigger concern is the seeming lack of faith in Shaw for big games

Actually someone (Lord TSC??) Posted an infographic earlier this week of all our CB's and games played. The only constant CB present for all the defeats was Smalling :/

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Actually someone (Lord TSC??) Posted an infographic earlier this of all our CB's and games played. The only constant CB present for all the defeats was Smalling :/

As "funny" as the statistic was. Twas a bit harsh :D

• Jesus for all the Lukaku haters Kane just missed an absolute sitter!!

Nobody will say boo about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

need a big win and performance today, anything less and i fear for the rest of our season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Really hope that team can put in a decent performance. Can't really ask for much more given who's available at the moment. If they can't do a job against Chelsea then a 4th place finish could be a bit of a slog.

Ah come on now. That should be a seriously strong team and there is no one in that team that Jose hasn't picked before.

Bailly maybe, but other than that this is pretty much the team he would have picked regardless.

The pressure is on for Jose, Pogba and the rest of the team. They need to get out of whatever funk they have got themselves into and start doing some performances.

Chelsea have been poor all season. He played a weakened team mid-week to prepare for this game, and we all had to sit through that dirge.

No excuses. Utd to win, Utd have to win

As "funny" as the statistic was. Twas a bit harsh :D

Oh I'm not really saying it means anything just was a weird quirk. Like he's played plenty in games we haven't lost so hes not a curse or anything :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Kane hasn't been great today they all have there off days sure.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I mean in terms of the conversation that happened do you think Kane missing a big chance makes Lukuku better or makes them closer as talents. As a united fan it pleases me greatly he has tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was something weird like we had lost five games, and Smalling was in four of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It was something weird like we had lost five games, and Smalling was in four of them.

Its not weird if you watched Smalling play.

For whatever reason, be in his natural level, he lost confidence, lack of support, IDK, but there is nothing of quality in his game.

• Advertisement

Earlier in the season we looked a lot more cohesive as a defensive unit for whatever reason we seem to have lost that as the season has gone on and are seemingly more reliant on DeGea again.

Like big dave hardly got a mention at the start of the season and while we are blessed to have him I would much prefer him to be less busy.

I wonder what how many of his saves have been in the 2/3 of the season as opposed the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't care what's wrong with Bailly if he only had one leg he would be more solid then smalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Oh my..... Serge Aureir how did you do that? Stood on the ball 3 yards out instead of tapping it in.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Oh my..... Serge Aureir how did you do that? Stood on the ball 3 yards out instead of tapping it in.

No more than Renato Sanches we dodged a bullet with him. Some players are very overated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's why no one will say anything haha.

Spurs are great to watch. The way they play is so enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Spurs are great to watch. The way they play is so enjoyable.

You're no united fan :pac:

Kane hasn't been great today they all have there off days sure.

And he scores the winner haha.

Anyone watch this whole game? Looks like Fosu-Mensah is centre half, did he start there and how is he doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Happy enough with the team, obviously not exactly who id have picked but happy enough.

Hopefully Sanchez Martial and Lukaku gel and perform. Pogbs should be free to get involved also with two sitting midfielders there.

Come on united!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Anyone watch this whole game? Looks like Fosu-Mensah is centre half, did he start there and how is he doing?

Palace where doing well but dunno how spurs didn't score sooner. They missed few very good chances. I was surprised Palace kept it at no score for this long. Didn't notice Fosu-Mensah do anything out the ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Right lads,how many times will we see Young check onto his right foot and lash the ball down the field. Fed up of seeing this from our defenders.

You're no united fan :pac:

I freely admit I have a horn for Spurs. I think if I hadn’t of watched the 1990 cup final 3-3 game with Palace then I may not have been a Utd fan so early and may have ended up a Spurs fan. The period of success after that 1990 final helped too but that game made me properly like football as an 8 year old kid and United were the team I fell for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Right lads,how many times will we see Young check onto his right foot and lash the ball down the field. Fed up of seeing this from our defenders.

Most frustrating name on the team sheet for me today. Lindelof needs to perform aswell today

I freely admit I have a horn for Spurs. I think if I hadn’t of watched the 1990 cup final 3-3 game with Palace then I may not have been a Utd fan so early and may have ended up a Spurs fan. The period of success after that 1990 final helped too but that game made me properly like football as an 8 year old kid and United were the team I fell for.

Only natural long term United fans are gonna enjoy the attacking football other teams are playing with. Its how we played for so long and can't see why with players we have now we still can't!!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Most frustrating name on the team sheet for me today. Lindelof needs to perform aswell today

People keep saying this.

He's been consistently "grand" every time he's played after his "slip"

It was Lee Martin's goal in the replay that got you. Admit it :D

Lampard getting plenty of media work. On motd last night and he's on LeSports today doing punditry with Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Conte will be unbearable if they score/win today.

Here we fúcking go. First lumped ball up to Lukaku.

• Martial sloppy there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

J. Marston wrote: »
    Here we fúcking go. First lumped ball up to Lukaku.

Did you moan when spurs lumped the first ball up to Kane? Remember, when they scored against us after a few seconds

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lordy, we are going to be mauled here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Oh god this is gonna be a long game

• Martial on the break again

****ing poor

United need to wake the **** up here. At home and playing this deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Caught napping there thankfully they didn't score Pogba up for this lets get it on.

A terrified start.

Very imbalanced, Sanchez very central and as a result nobody really covering the right hand side.

• Matic fs

Pass the ball accurately

• Advertisement

That summed up United perfectly there.

Won the ball midfield but instead of launching a counter. Matic holds it, waits for Chelsea players to get back into position and passes it straight back to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement