Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delighted with that performance that was best we played against top team since Chelsea last year hopefully it will be a turning point for the team and manager.

Lukaku, pogba and mctominay were really good second half as was Jessie when he came on.

Lads enjoy it and don't go getting involved in petty crap ;);)

We badly needed that. Hopefully Lukaku keeps up those kinds of performances.

Im proud of you today donkey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Couldn’t have gone much better. Big performances from Pogba and Lukaku who “never turn up” in these games.
    Coming back from a goal down which we never seem to do. Not relying on De Gea in a big game, he was actually poor today.

Oh and pissing all over the “2nd in February because we played a day early” party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Conceding first and watching that first 60 mins I was certain we were resigned to a draw a best. That last 30 mins was hard fought and deserving of the goal from us.

Aside from his part in conceding the first goal, I thought Mctominay was well worth his place. Great maturity and work rate form him.

Lukaku had a great game, that run at the end really showing his power and pace. Again, great work rate from him. Superb cross and nice finish from him too.

Lingard, he really seems to relish these big games. Delighted for him.

Absolutely delighted with that result. Our performance in large parts of that game was very pedestrian but we finished strong.

Souness must be delighted cup final is on he doesn't have to give any analysis on a positive display from United and pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

jayo26 wrote: »

Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't actually hammering him after every game prior to this or think he was rubbish, useless or a nothing player.

Having said that, it's one game. Plenty more big games coming that he will have to step up again for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just rewound the game there, it was 72nd minute Chelsea take off Hazzard for Pedro. Less then 2 mins later Lingaard scores.

McTomminey gave a lovely ball to Lukaku for the assist. He might not be the finished article but he looks comfortable in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Souness must be delighted cup final is on he doesn't have to give any analysis on a positive display from United and pogba.

He called us the biggest club in GB earlier

he's warming to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lukaku
    McTominay
    Pogba
    Deaddonkey

Its a great day for United performances!

Drumpot wrote: »

McTomminey gave a lovely ball to Lukaku for the assist. He might not be the finished article but he looks comfortable in the team.

He was great.

We won't mention his issue on the chelsea goal not the day for it :D:D

• Advertisement

Tenner bets he blames Chelsea for lowering tempo! Can’t give united credit for grinding out a win!

limnam wrote: »
    He called us the biggest club in GB earlier

he's warming to us

He is suffering from Stockholm syndrome I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Would love to know what Jose said at half time because that was a HUGE second half display

Shreeves getting a c*Nty dig in at Lukaku. Do interviewers have to be dicks even when somebody does well?

astradave wrote: »
    Would love to know what Jose said at half time because that was a HUGE second half display

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Very happy with that performance. I am sure a certain section will say it was against a poor Chelsea team but I thought we were much the better team today. Thought Matic, McTomminay and Lukaku were all superb. Pogba was fine but still below what I expect from him. Sanchez also only ok. Martial was poor IMO. Big 3 points all told and we move on to the next round of games where hopefully we can extend the gap to 5th to 9 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quandary wrote: »
    Aside from his part in conceding the first goal, I thought Mctominay was well worth his place. Great maturity and work rate form him.

Considering Jose doesn't play and doesn't develop youth, McT has been really fun to see develop these last few weeks.

• Great result, great performance form certain individuals

Martial very poor however

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Martial very poor however

Shocking.

• Advertisement

Have to say lads im proud of every one of ye great performance on the pitch and on the stands and in the boards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Much much better performance in 2nd half would love for us to start a game like that. The midfield did well today.

Martial and sanchez were terrible tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I love you all!

Huge win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Needed that. Massive win

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To quote Ice Cube, today was a good day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Love everyone
    Even Bangkok.....
    He's a good son some times

Think some lady gifs are in order..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

adox wrote: »
    I love you all!

Huge win.

seeing-family-memebers-you-haven-amp-039-t-seen-in-years_o_2717689.jpg

brinty wrote: »
    Love everyone
    Even Bangkok.....
    He's a good son some times

Think some lady gifs are in order..

Even Rachel is delighted..

6MFXt2Sp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stupid Shreeves asking about VAR.
    The linesman's flag went up against Morata and he was deemed offside and looked offside.
    No wiggly lines needed.

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Most important game for Jose and this team for some time.
    I'd be worried if the performance level cannot be raised for a game such as this.
    He's got to get them motivated and he's got to get his tactics / team right.
    Its a must win game for moral as it is for position in the table.

tenor.gif

Win next week for us and a win for city will put us nine points ahead of fifth with nine games left it would be a nice little cushion to have with big cup games coming up.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Even Rachel is delighted..

Rachel is a red

What about the lukaku kid..
    Doesn't do it v top six my eye
    Take a bow kid,way to shut the doubters up ... even Bangkok can't be unhappy after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Souness really is miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That 2nd half performance is what we need to see a lot more often. It wasn't glamorous by any means but the players stood up like men and took control of the game. A lot of frustrating decision making by Martial and Sanchez but our patience was key. We didn't have a lot of chances either but we were clinical which is all that matters at the end of the day.

Great to see us overtake Liverpool and Chelsea drop out of the top 4 :D

brinty wrote: »
    Rachel is a red

What about the lukaku kid..
    Doesn't do it v top six my eye
    Take a bow kid,way to shut the doubters up ... even Bangkok can't be unhappy after that

Let's not tempt fate... I'm joking btw :pac:

It's onwards and upwards..

He's a parody of dunphy ever since his days at RTE
    not even worth listening too
    Never a good word to say about United so could care less about his opinions

Thought the first half was awful. No tempo, no urgency, second to everything, sitting too deep. I could go on. Woeful stuff altogether.

Better in the second half but still not right imo. Lingard made a huge difference when he came on. Automatically added aggressive running, something that was missing despite plenty of pace players on the pitch.

Sanchez and Martial were both awful but Martial was ina league of his own in awfulness. Sanchez his worst game in a Utd shirt, seemed hurried, misplaced passes, really poor stuff. He did work his socks off though which Martial didn’t. Ran into players when he had space, slowed things down, didn’t seem to put much of an effort it. I was especially pissed off at his exit from the pitch. What the **** was he at strolling off the pitch? That attitude stinks. Hope Jose gives him an earful.

Matic despite his distribution being really poor in the first half held things together and was pushing for my motm. Without him I think we would have lost the game.

When the Chelsea goal went in I thought that was that. Delighted that we were a bit better in the second half and managed to turn it around but between the manager and the players there’s still a lot not right.

Hopefully that’s a huge shot of adrenaline for everybody and we can kick on from here and secure top four asap. Once that’s done get that second place that we should be in more control of.

A huge win whatever way it came. Delighted. Really delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I definitely think Shaw should have played today and the Martial or Sanchez dilemma still bugs me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Listened on radio but second half it was clear United improved a lot. These games are often more thrilling because of the nerves than the football. Spurs, City and Chelsea at OT all close games.

Jose post match did a good job of describing what the idea was. How they are very strong wide, obvious ability of Hazard and Willian. United looking to do it central so delighted for him how the first goal arrived. Next development though is still vital, where teams are worried about United's strengths.

Have seen goals now. Delighted for Lukaku, his work in build up and touch to set up his finish, his work out wide for second were game winning. Big day for him.

Fantastic experience for McTominay, will have learned a lot from Willians goal where he got confused by stopping for Hazard. Jose talking him up and what he can give in other areas is a good sign.

Well done to Lindelof as well for coming in in the last two games from nowhere.

Edit: Jose also spoke about Sanchez role, very unselfish of Sanchez, Jose needs to kick on this season and especially next so Sanchez is causing worry for other sides.

Oh and Lukaku. Thought he was poor enough in ththe first half but a lovely goal from him.

Was much better in the second and probably deserved motm.

That run from him at the end got as nearly a loud cheer from me as the two goals.

Did anybody else this Jose was having a pop at the application of the Chelsea players?

I mean, that squad looks so strong. Is league champions. Can play great against Barcelona. But is 5th in the league and will struggle to get in the top 4.

I almost get the impression he feels a bit sorry for Conte who might end up getting the sack because of the same sh*t the players pulled against him!

Willian is my favorite Chelsea player, always works hard no matter what’s happening around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Thought the first half was awful. No tempo, no urgency, second to everything, sitting too deep. I could go on. Woeful stuff altogether.

Better in the second half but still not right imo. Lingard made a huge difference when he came on. Automatically added aggressive running, something that was missing despite plenty of pace players on the pitch.

Sanchez and Martial were both awful but Martial was ina league of his own in awfulness. Sanchez his worst game in a Utd shirt, seemed hurried, misplaced passes, really poor stuff. He did work his socks off though which Martial didn’t. Ran into players when he had space, slowed things down, didn’t seem to put much of an effort it. I was especially pissed off at his exit from the pitch. What the **** was he at strolling off the pitch? That attitude stinks. Hope Jose gives him an earful.

Matic despite his distribution being really poor in the first half held things together and was pushing for my motm. Without him I think we would have lost the game.

When the Chelsea goal went in I thought that was that. Delighted that we were a bit better in the second half and managed to turn it around but between the manager and the players there’s still a lot not right.

Hopefully that’s a huge shot of adrenaline for everybody and we can kick on from here and secure top four asap. Once that’s done get that second place that we should be in more control of.

A huge win whatever way it came. Delighted. Really delighted.

Welcome back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I must admit I am a massive Arsenal fan for the next 2 hours. Seeing a potential Quadruple reduced to a potential Double in a week would be brilliant.

astradave wrote:
    Welcome back

Indeed
    Welcome back adox

Drumpot wrote: »
    Did anybody else this Jose was having a pop at the application of the Chelsea players?

I mean, that squad looks so strong. Is league champions. Can play great against Barcelona. But is 5th in the league and will struggle to get in the top 4.

I almost get the impression he feels a bit sorry for Conte who might end up getting the sack because of the same sh*t the players pulled against him!

Willian is my favorite Chelsea player, always works hard no matter what’s happening around him.

Couldn't give a toss for the players or conte to be honest they deserve each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I hope they kick lumps out of each other for the next 90 minutes. I hope Arsenal win and Wenger gets another contract extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

LUKAKU LOVE IN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That was bad from mustafi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Love this from Jose :) What a massive win!!

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/967797326298451969

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

But today he couldn't hide his admiration for Lukaku. He really praised him, I honestly thought he was possessed as it is alien for him to talk like that.

• Advertisement

• Special shout out for mctominey

As I said

3 in midfield and use what we have

I thought he was excellent

Remember this lad is only 21

He kept hazard quite too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement