Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Next 4 games are crucial for the season. Win them all and we are in the FA cup SF, CL QF, and in prime position for 2nd place.
    Apart from Palace all at home so should be looking to win all four.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Where’s all the lads that were in here around 5 o clock yesterday “discussing” United? You’d think they would be here after we actually played a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Where’s all the lads that were in here around 5 o clock yesterday “discussing” United? You’d think they would be here after we actually played a match.

Who cares? The United fan base always gets smaller in this thread when we win a game.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who cares?

Me. I like integrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pogba played really well today. Some of his touches, composure and passing were excellent. Here's hoping Jose sticks with that midfield combo for a few more games to see if it can really gel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

pjohnson wrote: »
    Has McTominay not said he wants to play for Scotland but wants to focus on United first? Dont get the conspiracy theory but yeah not gunna ruin thread

Irish granny by any chance? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Turtwig wrote: »
    Pogba played really well today. Some of his touches, composure and passing were excellent. Here's hoping Jose sticks with that midfield combo for a few more games to see if it can really gel.

Welcome aboard Turtwig :p

It was the midfield he said he was wanting to play few weeks ago but to be honest it means nothing if they stroll around the park like they did for the first 20 minutes.

The players have to have a desire they showed it in the second half and they have to show it in the next game.

It was the midfield he said he was wanting to play few weeks ago but to be honest it means nothing if they stroll around the park like they did for the first 20 minutes.

The players have to have a desire they showed it in the second half and they have to show it in the next game.

I thought Pogba was solid for the 90. Even when we weren’t playing well he looked like the only one trying.

• Advertisement

I thought Pogba was solid for the 90. Even when we weren’t playing well he looked like the only one trying.

Yeah he was to be fair its just when we ain't controlling midfield pogba isn't the best player to have to be pressing the opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I didn’t think he was great first half and his part in not jumping for the ball just before Chelsea’s goal wasn’t great. However , I was very encouraged by how he improved and some of his touches and passes were top notch. It’s like the confidence was flowzing back into him as the game progressed.

I know some people think he shouldn’t play a defensive role but he certainly has the strength. Some of his holding off players was great. I feel this could be a red letter day for the team, Pogba and Lukaku because they worked really hard to get that win.

I think most the team was poor in first half even DDG was a bit Ropey and it’s nice to not be chatting about he saved us again. United won a tough,
    Tight game because the team pulled back a 1-0 loss and they didn’t need their DE Geas brilliance. I’m not sure it could of happened better cause these are the kind of wins that I think galvanizes and units teams.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I didn’t think he was great first half and his part in not jumping for the ball just before Chelsea’s goal wasn’t great. However , I was very encouraged by how he improved and some of his touches and passes were top notch. It’s like the confidence was flowzing back into him as the game progressed.

I know some people think he shouldn’t play a defensive role but he certainly has the strength. Some of his holding off players was great. I feel this could be a red letter day for the team, Pogba and Lukaku because they worked really hard to get that win.

I think most the team was poor in first half even DDG was a bit Ropey and it’s nice to not be chatting about he saved us again. United won a tough,
    Tight game because the team pulled back a 1-0 loss and they didn’t need their DE Geas brilliance. I’m not sure it could of happened better cause these are the kind of wins that I think galvanizes and units teams.

I’ll reserve judgement on the not jumping part until I’m sure he wasn’t stood on or something. He did end up on the ground with his boot off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

I’ll reserve judgement on the not jumping part until I’m sure he wasn’t stood on or something. He did end up on the ground with his boot off.

I originally thought he was fouled. Haven't seen it properly again

He played well. Nothing to put on his highlight reel, but then nothing to really frustrate in his performance. He just had a good game. After a couple of weeks of controversy around he and the manager, and some very poor performances from him, today was welcome.

There's not a whisper about he and Jose in the media, the headlines will be about something else (Rom) and that's what Pogba could do with at the moment.

Of course, we want those stand-out performances from him, but in the meantime I'd accept today as the bare minimum of what he can do for the team.

• Turtwig wrote: »

Well Jose surely must let it flourish now

He's got to trust a midfield 3

It's visible to anyone when Pogba can play further forward how more likely we are to create chances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yep i thought he was excellent today. Long may it continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There’s a lot of “excellent” being thrown around today. :)

I must be the only one who remembers the whole 90 minutes. I think the closest player I’d put to excellent was Lukaku and even he had some hairy moments in the first half where he couldn’t control or pass it a few yards.

I’m not complaining as it’s much more desirable to argue about whether someone was good, very good, or excellent.

GSPfan wrote: »
    There’s a lot of “excellent” being thrown around today. :)

I must be the only one who remembers the whole 90 minutes. I think the closest player I’d put to excellent was Lukaku and even he had some hairy moments in the first half where he couldn’t control or pass it a few yards.

I’m not complaining as it’s much more desirable to argue about whether someone was good, very good, or excellent.

Sanchez wasnt excellent :)

My only mark against Pogba today was not challenging in the air for the ball in the lead up to the goal, the “foul” on him came after the initial header with Moses coming down from the air onto his heel. I can guarantee that if He challenged, Moses would not have got as much into the ball and the counter would have been diverted somewhere else. I’m not blaming him for the goal now but as there was still plenty to do after that. Other than that I thought he had a very good game and thought he was very mature in his play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah I thought Pogba was really poor in the first half but so were the whole team. He was really poor for that challenge with Moses. Didn’t even j7mo for the header.

Better in the second half as the team were. You just wish there was someone there that would lead by example and set a tone. Again bar you a tackle out in on Chelsea in the first half up t9 the edge of our box. Standing off continuously. Also the speed at which the ball is passed, the amount of players standing still drives me nuts.

I loved in the second half when Matic got involved when Lingard? was fouled. Small thing but showing a bit of fire in the belly sticking up for his team mate. Seems to be lacking at the club at the moment. “Prozac” performances I call them and that’s what we got in the first half.

I didn’t think anyone was excellent today. Lukaku maybe the nearest because he won the game for Utd really and had another couple of very impressive moments but even then he was poor overall in the first half.

The result was everything though and we actually managed to come from behind and win a game.

I just hope the Prozac leaves soon, the ball is passed at pace, players move to receive the ball and those in possession run into space when available with aggression and intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Matic was excellent...he played really well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Matic was excellent...he played really well

Excellent is a stretch. His passing was awful in the first half but he did improve greatly in the second half and held everything together. I honestly think we would have been in great danger of losing that game only for him.

I thought the first half was absolute muck from Utd to be honest despite the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »

I thought the first half was absolute muck from Utd to be honest despite the goal.

It took us over 20 minutes to actually get a solid foothold in the game and apply some pressure on Chelsea.
    Still, happy with the result which we needed considering Liverpool won yesterday to overtake us.We still need to beat Palace away or this good work will be undone before the visit of the scousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Footage of Lingard's winner from the Stretford End..

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/967812103414403072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Half the team were at fault for that goal. I had defended Valencia during the week but his sh*te cross instantly took 3 of our players out of the game if I remember correctly. Pogba tried to out muscle Moses rather than contest the ball which backfired. McTominay should have kept with Willian as opposed to running towards Hazard with the ball. DDG may have been worried about Willian centering the ball to Morata but either way he could have done better. Lindelof and Young could have made better decisions too.

Happy to see the players up the intensity levels in the second half. Chelsea stopped winning all the second balls and we moved the ball a little quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Can mctominey going to hazard for the goal be excused for the role he was asigned what looks like to me stay close to Hazard?

Did that over come him?

I'd be happy to excuse him of the mistake even if the result wasn't in our favour. He put in a good shift today. 21!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As errors go it's not the worst. If anything he was too eager. I'd be a lot more concerned if he let Willian run beyond him out of pure laziness.

user2011 wrote: »
    Can mctominey going to hazard for the goal be excused for the role he was asigned what looks like to me stay close to Hazard?

Did that over come him?

I'd be happy to excuse him of the mistake even if the result wasn't in our favour. He put in a good shift today. 21!!!

You can put it partly down to that but should have smelt the danger. Bit of inexperience. He'll be grand shur

Savic with another two goals from midfield today we should be all over him offering all his family houses and brown envelopes and tapping him up for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

adox wrote: »
    Excellent is a stretch. His passing was awful in the first half but he did improve greatly in the second half and held everything together. I honestly think we would have been in great danger of losing that game only for him.

Thoroughly enjoyed when he got stuck into rudiger for the challenge on lingard, bee along time since a united player as done something like that since the Keane days

limnam wrote: »
    You can put it partly down to that but should have smelt the danger. Bit of inexperience. He'll be grand shur

There's talk of what has happened before this, for me it's null and void mctominey is ahead of of willian until he decides to go to hazard.

On the match thread there blame being put on de Gea.

Mctominey is the X in move and he failed I'm happy to excuse this mistake for his overall performance and his roll he was asked to do in the game, his age ties into that as well.

There's talk of what has happened before this, for me it's null and void mctominey is ahead of of willian until he decides to go to hazard.

On the match thread there blame being put on de Gea.

Mctominey is the X in move and he failed I'm happy to excuse this mistake for his overall performance and his roll he was asked to do in the game, his age ties into that as well.

If you go back far enough I'm sure we can blame a number of players.

Would people be blaming Dave if pogba won the header, if valencia's cross found a united shirt yada yada

Either way McT will be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone else puzzled of what was here?

Some words of wisdom that is beyond the capability of the average man to understand? lol

Savic with another two goals from midfield today we should be all over him offering all his family houses and brown envelopes and tapping him up for the summer.

No problem with getting him a work permit either!

Headshot wrote: »

Some words of wisdom that is beyond the capability of the average man to understand? lol

To move the touch page on so you can see the last post.. it’s a bitch

Would people be blaming Dave if pogba won the header, if valencia's cross found a united shirt yada yada

He bounced back from that mistake and showed maturity beyond his years to step up

It’s easy to see why Jose trusts him

No need to be hopping on your Bangkok deaddonkey responses.

I'm not holding it against mctominey it's a learning curve for him, 21 years old. We all accept probably the biggest game of our season and did really well.

It was a near perfect weekend but had to rely on arsenal to make it a perfect one.. never gonna happen LOL..

astradave wrote: »
    He bounced back from that mistake and showed maturity beyond his years to step up

It’s easy to see why Jose trusts him

Yep shrugged it off and didn't effect the rest of his game.

He has an attitude that some senior players should take a leaf from.

• Advertisement

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh lol

Im a classic man at heart even on my mobile.

I'm not holding it against mctominey it's a learning curve for him, 21 years old. We all accept probably the biggest game of our season and did really well.

It was a near perfect weekend but had to rely on arsenal to make it a perfect one.. never gonna happen LOL..

What are you on about?

bangkok wrote: »
    What are you on about?

He insulted your ma I wouldn't take that.

?

That's in response of the blaze ye response you've given to my points like you do to the other two posters..

For clarification, I'm not in their camp :)

That's in response of the blaze ye response you've given to my points like you do to the other two posters..

For clarification, I'm not in their camp :)

You might not have noticed but I was agreeing with you :pac:

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

שמח עם המשחק היום ..... אני חושב בנגקוק הוא מגניב :)

You had to ruin the suspense ha.

Can’t believe you only have to turn your screen upside down to read this..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

בֶּאֱמֶת? עִברִית?
    :pac:

Edit: hmm, there's some translation issues there I think :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement