Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just channelling the great Roy Keane..

Only problem is the Pool match isn’t the next game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

astradave wrote: »
    Focusing on the match this weekend.. palace seem to be a hell of a lot more resolute, and while they gave Spurs a few chances yesterday, they probably came out of it with a lot more confidence.. is Zaha back for them?

We should be confident in beating them anyways, just don’t think it will be as easy as some people think. Hopefully Jose goes with the 442 diamond again and Mata/Jesse coming in to the tip with Sanchez and Lukaku up top..
    I think the spurs can will have killed any confidence from them , As you said spurs missed a host of sitters and still beat them ,
    I think its an easy win,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I think the spurs can will have killed any confidence from them , As you said spurs missed a host of sitters and still beat them ,
    I think its an easy win,

no win is an easy win for us these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Only problem is the Pool match isn’t the next game :pac:

keane11.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    Savic with another two goals from midfield today we should be all over him offering all his family houses and brown envelopes and tapping him up for the summer.

What type of midfield player is he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beno619 wrote: »
    What type of midfield player is he ?

Ok purely my opinion and I could be totally wrong but from what I have seen of him over past few months he is literally an old fashioned box to box midfielder on steroids.

He is tall and strong and really good defensive awareness but can pick out forward passes in the blink of an eye and he chips in with goals too.

He is still only 21 but already has 100 games with 20 goals and 10 assists from midfield all while having good defensive attributes too.

Ok purely my opinion and I could be totally wrong but from what I have seen of him over past few months he is literally an old fashioned box to box midfielder on steroids.

He is tall and strong and really good defensive awareness but can pick out forward passes in the blink of an eye and he chips in with goals too.

He is still only 21 but already has 100 games with 20 goals and 10 assists from midfield all while having good defensive attributes too.

Young Roy Keane/Viera type player.. really has it all.. comparing him to a modern player would be like Vidal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

reports today that we have an agreement in place for Jean Michele Seri to sign in the summer,signing him and Savic could do wonders for our midfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who’s Savic Play for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who’s Savic Play for?

Lazio

Cotts72 wrote: »
    reports today that we have an agreement in place for Jean Michele Seri to sign in the summer,signing him and Savic could do wonders for our midfield

Hope not hes basically came out and said he cant acclimatise to cold weather he will probably end up in spain :pac:

Cotts72 wrote: »

I don't think we get both of them but if we did our midfield would be set for years I don't know anything about Seri apart from he is ivory coast I think??

Saying that if fellaini and Carrick are both gone we will need two midfielders but I'd say it will be one y9unger player and and experienced player.

markc91 wrote: »
    Hope not hes basically came out and said he cant acclimatise to cold weather he will probably end up in spain :pac:

Oh yeah forgot that.

Not a hope anyone in the north of England is signing Seri unfortunately

• Advertisement

Challenge City for Fred, he has it all!

markc91 wrote: »
    Challenge City for Fred, he has it all!

Would much prefer Savic tbh, think he is better allround

That didnt take long!!

'Utd, Chelsea to battle for Lewandowski'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11268916

bangkok wrote: »
    That didnt take long!!

'Utd, Chelsea to battle for Lewandowski'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11268916

He is Madrid’s back up if they don’t get Kane too apparently..always disliked him as a player, one of the biggest cheaters in the game.. cracking striker mind you.

He is Madrid’s back up if they don’t get Kane too apparently..always disliked him as a player, one of the biggest cheaters in the game.. cracking striker mind you.

great player but i dont know if i would be too keen on him to be honest, will be 30 at the start of next season and is similar enough to lukaku, would much rather a young pacey striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

great player but i dont know if i would be too keen on him to be honest, will be 30 at the start of next season and is similar enough to lukaku, would much rather a young pacey striker

Think you're giving Lukaku a bit more credit than he deserves there, Lewandowskis touch/technical ability on another level completely to Lukaku. Best striker in the world and will be very good for another 4 or 5 years, Madrid likely get him though :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just get Seri some thermals from penney's, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lukaku is on to something here...

Would be a fun thing to see pre season or at the end of the season. Not sure about the north vs south idea though. Imagine Utd, City and Liverpool fans all together vs the London clubs :P

https://twitter.com/RomeluLukaku9/status/968220624354234368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fan vote? So the Liverpool starting eleven then....

I think it’s a good idea tbh, if they did it the way they do in the states, use stats to create a shortlist of the best players and then a fan vote to decide who is in and who’s out. Fans decide the starting 11 but the manager would use all the players during the match really..

They were fiercely contested in the states, definitely in baseball anyways mainly due to the winner getting home advantage in the World Series, this has stopped though from last year. The All Star game is a huge attraction, I was over in NY a couple of years ago for the one in City field (mets stadium)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And Martial gives the ball away straight away?

He breezed past Kante when he got his yellow card. Made it look effortless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I think we might have played better with 10 men in the first half than with Martial. He was absolutely toxic.

• S.M.B. wrote: »
    And Martial gives the ball away straight away?

He breezed past Kante when he got his yellow card. Made it look effortless.

Martial the biggest disappointment for me yesterday but tbf that's a typical performance from him.
    He's way too inconsistent.
    And tbf to Jose he's given him so many oppurtunities.
    I wonder will he start v Liverpool. Jose can do what he wants as long as he doesn't **** around with the spine of this team. Leave the defence and midfield as it is. Then play around with the attacking options.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Martial the biggest disappointment for me yesterday but tbf that's a typical performance from him.
    He's way too inconsistent.
    And tbf to Jose he's given him so many oppurtunities.
    I wonder will he start v Liverpool. Jose can do what he wants as long as he doesn't **** around with the spine of this team. Leave the defence and midfield as it is. Then play around with the attacking options.

And he was given a shot up top too alongside Lukaku.. he failed to do anything of note, he is much better out wide where he has a run at the defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well I'm in flying form this evening anyway, got to take in my first Waterford game of the season with our own Pogba lookalike playing very well and the Blues picking up a good, comfortable win.

Nothing like live ball.

Anyway, to United news. I hear Spanish prosecutors are getting stuck in looking for a four year jail sentence for Herrera? I haven't seen any new evidence since the case against him was deemed not enough last year, what exactly has happened? Can't be great for his state of mind.

Saw some footage of Lindelof showing some leadership at the back at the end of the game v Chelsea too, lovely to see and apparently the deal for Savic in the summer is looking more interesting with his read into me comments though you really shouldn't :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well I'm in flying form this evening anyway, got to take in my first Waterford game of the season with our own Pogba lookalike playing very well and the Blues picking up a good, comfortable win.

Akinade? Can’t believe he left us for your shower! :p

I think we might have played better with 10 men in the first half than with Martial. He was absolutely toxic.

Made a run and played a great ball to Sanchez who ****ed up his chance and he had the assist for the goal with a bit of quick thinking/footwork. Not very good alright but toxic is a tad harsh.

He and Sanchez were well below the level they can reach, Lukaku didn't start great but ended the game in full on beast mode.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As shocking as Martial was, his assist was absolutely pivotal and was nicely executed. Others would have taken an extra touch and gone for goal themselves. Not quite on the same level as his assist for Lingard vs Arsenal but not a million miles away either.

The difference in energy and intensity was so apparent when Jessie came on though.

I'm assuming Martial hasn't done enough to play himself back into the French squad which would be a big disappointment for him.

Not too sure what his future holds unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes, we'd have been better off without the player who assisted our first goal in the first half?

Calling his effort toxic has just a touch of irony, no?

I mean, I love Martial but he was poor overall yesterday (even leaving the pitch he looked fairly lifeless). To say we'd be better off without him is just ridiculous.

Akinade? Can’t believe he left us for your shower! :p

Yeah, full of direct running, pace and power. MOTM tonight, caused them plenty of trouble. It was Bastien Hery stole the show though with an absolute worldie of a goal from outside the box

Oh, and why he left? Money bai :D For the first time in my many, many fruitless years supporting the club we are actually moving consistently in the right direction I feel, the insistence on playing out from the back would give ya heart attacks at times but great to see at the same time.

He is very similar to Pogba in the flesh, like from the stands, in body and movement. He had a goal incorrectly (from where I was sitting) ruled out, we had two disallowed goals on the night in fact.

Jealous of ye fekers been able to support your local clubs :( i refuse to go near the youths just cant bring myself to it.

Yeah, full of direct running, pace and power. MOTM tonight, caused them plenty of trouble. It was Bastien Hery stole the show though with an absolute worldie of a goal from outside the box

Oh, and why he left? Money bai :D For the first time in my many, many fruitless years supporting the club we are actually moving consistently in the right direction I feel, the insistence on playing out from the back would give ya heart attacks at times but great to see at the same time.

He is very similar to Pogba in the flesh, like from the stands, in body and movement. He had a goal incorrectly (from where I was sitting) ruled out, we had two disallowed goals on the night in fact.

Yeah, very very good player, very down to earth lad too, was chatting to him during last season when he was sitting in the stands beside me.

Great to get out and watch some matches, I’ve practically missed the first 3 matches this season as there is no way I can go tomorrow. Thankfully the Rovers game was on TV but it’s in no way the same.

Cork already looking heads and shoulders above the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Made a run and played a great ball to Sanchez who ****ed up his chance and he had the assist for the goal with a bit of quick thinking/footwork. Not very good alright but toxic is a tad harsh.

He and Sanchez were well below the level they can reach, Lukaku didn't start great but ended the game in full on beast mode.

Just being a bit hyperbolic. Was disgusted with his performance overall.

• Advertisement

Jealous of ye fekers been able to support your local clubs :( i refuse to go near the youths just cant bring myself to it.

In fairness who would want to support something that Mick fookin Wallace founded :pac:

In fairness who would want to support something that Mick fookin Wallace founded :pac:

Exactly my thinking on it and many people's thinking around here.

Exactly my thinking on it and many people's thinking around here.

I don't blame any of ye for feeling that way. He's an absolute live wire.

amRnnjs.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well at least ye have a club....here in Kilkenny and we dont have a club! Which is a shame, we produced some decent players in Sean Maguire, Mikey Drennan, Gavan Holohan, Michael Reddy.....can we claim John O'Shea, ferrybank is practically Kilkenny sure :p

Sirsok wrote: »
    Well at least ye have a club....here in Kilkenny and we dont have a club! Which is a shame, we produced some decent players in Sean Maguire,Mikey Drennan, Gavan Holohan, Michael Reddy.....can we claim John O'Shea, ferrybank is practically Kilkenny sure :p

Cracking player he is, hopefully he comes back strong from his injury, he’s exactly what ireland need up top, though with MON you never know :(

Sirsok wrote: »
    Well at least ye have a club....here in Kilkenny and we dont have a club! Which is a shame, we produced some decent players in Sean Maguire, Mikey Drennan, Gavan Holohan, Michael Reddy.....can we claim John O'Shea, ferrybank is practically Kilkenny sure :p

Ye may as well claim him sure ye have been claiming all the hurlers that played for good council in new Ross for years :):):)

• Advertisement

JOSH is Waterford through and through, hands off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have seen Pub arguments about Sean Kelly being a Waterford or Tipp Man.

Anyway still on high from Sunday. palace a tricky one coming up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An avalanche of players linked to us in today's papers.
    David,Kessie,Gelsin Martins,Isco.

Guti tipped to take over from Zidane and end any interest in De Gea.

United have reservations about dealing with Levy over Alderweireld.

The gaitan dream is over, he has moved to china

The gaitan dream is over, he has moved to china

We said that after when he moved to Atleti but he was still linked :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement