Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Verratti is the dream signing. Be so worth it to see how United ruin him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bmcc10 wrote: »
    He's in no way a cb he has played in every position his best position is rb

Wtf? He is a centre back and defensive midfielder that was played out of position in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

Just a quick one to say, stay safe out there folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Got a text this morning from the boss, 'don't even chance it lads - office closed for the day and probably tomorrow too'.

Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Got a text this morning from the boss, 'don't even chance it lads - office closed for the day and probably tomorrow too'.

Happy days.

Same as that though I have remote access and what I do for a living cannot be ignored so it's not all peaches and cream.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

adox wrote: »
    Since the City came at the start of December Rashford has started 2 Prem games, the other 3 games he started where bristol. Derby , Yevoil, 
    Clearly he's fallen down the pecking order and he could do with more starts ,

He was injured. Up until that I think he was the only Utd player to make an appearance in every game Utd had played this season up until then.

Himself and Martial have gotten loads of game time, especially Rashford.

It’s incorrect to say he has fallen down the pecking order.
    I don't think so he has played 52 of a possible 630 minutes of Premier League football in 2018, He most certainly has fallen down the pecking order, He has still played FA cups games, so that would say not first choice to me,

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    According to don balon De Gea has named three players utd must sign in order for him to stay. Umtiti, Dybala and pjanic.  Id like if this were true if for no other reason than woodward being demoted in the transfer stakes. Maybe he could run a few suggestions by De Gea.
    United are a club that will never allow a player to say who they sign , on top of that do you think Jose would let his goal keeper pick who the club sign's ,
    Its mental because you get grow men who would believe such rumours ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Fosu Mensah has played all his best games in the senior team for both United and Palace at right back.

He also won man of the match against man city when he never gave sane a kick all game, that itself is a serious achievement

United are a club that will never allow a player to say who they sign , on top of that do you think Jose would let his goal keeper pick who the club sign's ,

no but i wouldnt be surprised if Jose or Woodward asked de Gea his opinion on a player seeing as he is one of the senior players in the team

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

no but i wouldnt be surprised if Jose or Woodward asked de Gea his opinion on a player seeing as he is one of the senior players in the team
    Not buying it at all, mite be different if he had played with any of the three , or was club captain,
    Its just the usual rubbish written to sell papers .

Fosu Mensah has played all his best games in the senior team for both United and Palace at right back.

He also won man of the match against man city when he never gave sane a kick all game, that itself is a serious achievement
    Mensah is a serious talent,
    Was easy there best player against Spurs to .

and under van gaal played right back v spurs away and was our best player as well

Where he played in his most natural position...

Centre Back

astradave wrote: »

Where he played in his most natural position...

Centre Back
    He's good player regardless, who cares what his natural position as long as he turns out to be good,
    G Nev would have said his natural position was CB having being an ever present there for the youth teams., Sometimes your "most natural " position isn't the one you end up in ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Of all he players at United I would have De Gaa as someone who gets on with it and ultimate Pro.

In my opinion one best players this club has ever produced and has been nothing but Professional and so important to us.

He been great servant to the club, I hope it continues for while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I disagree, and even if I didn't his managers who have played him at cb also disagree, along with the player himself.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

and under van gaal played right back v spurs away and was our best player as well

So Jones and Smalling are right back because they were played there to give them game time/out if necessity?

Course not.

He looks a very good talent regardless

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Of all he players at United I would have De Gaa as someone who gets on with it and ultimate Pro.

In my opinion one best players this club has ever produced and has been nothing but Professional and so important to us.

He been great servant to the club, I hope it continues for while yet.

Great player, great pro, but we didn't produce him( Atletico)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Great player, great pro, but we didn't produce him( Atletico)

I think the poster probably chose the wrong words. Definitely a product of Atletico but the development he underwent at United was brilliant.

One of the best players we've developed may clear up confusion. Was already a regular with Atletico but such a different style of football, we all knew he was a terrific shot stopper but I'm sure we all remember the shaky moments when he first arrived and the improvements to his game that followed.

• Advertisement

At this rate I can see a lot of games getting called off on Saturday,

So Jones and Smalling are right back because they were played there to give them game time/out if necessity?

Course not.

He looks a very good talent regardless

no but when the majority of his senior career has been played at right back and he has excelled there, i would consider that to be his best position now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I don't think so he has played 52 of a possible 630 minutes of Premier League football in 2018, He most certainly has fallen down the pecking order, He has still played FA cups games, so that would say not first choice to me,

You are ignoring the point I made that up until his injury(which was around the turn of the year) he was the only Utd player that had made an appearance in every game up until then(or pretty much near it. Going from memory I haven't googled it). That’s going back to August.

He then got injured, missed some games, made two or three dodgy come back games, picked up a slight niggle again and then was back on the bench again.

I completely disagree that he has dropped down the pecking order. Players are rotated at Utd. If he doesn’t get much game time for the rest of the season then he has dropped down the pecking order.

Anyway had to drive to work this morning, one and a half hours instead of forty minutes. :(

Good news though. Sent home at 12! :)

Anyway had to drive to work this morning, one and a half hours instead of forty minutes. :(

Good news though. Sent home at 12! :)

I’ve been lucky enough that I am off for a few weeks due to having surgery so didn’t even risk the drive, the office was opened but they were sent home at two and told not to go in tomorrow or Friday.. gonna be a mad one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I live a 3 minute walk from work. No time off for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Whoever Don Balon is, you should remember this as the day you had conclusive proof he was full of ****.

I think they are a Spanish version of The S*n. That explains a lot of their reports.

I’ve been lucky enough that I am off for a few weeks due to having surgery so didn’t even risk the drive, the office was opened but they were sent home at two and told not to go in tomorrow or Friday.. gonna be a mad one tomorrow

Yeah we are due back in the morning unless told otherwise.

I think they are a Spanish version of The S*n. That explains a lot of their reports.

Even the S*n gets a few things right, Don Balon is like the Metro..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah we are due back in the morning unless told otherwise.

not public transport in the Dublin area tomorrow anyway - from 14:00 until midday Friday. Based on that my office won't be open cause people won't have a chance of getting home tomorrow night, or into the office on Friday morning.

not public transport in the Dublin area tomorrow anyway - from 14:00 until midday Friday. Based on that my office won't be open cause people won't have a chance of getting home tomorrow night, or into the office on Friday morning.

We are a small company near Ballycoolin in Blanchatdstown and everyone drives to work.

Not looking good for tomorrow at all. Just hope I don’t get caught having to go in and then be in trouble coming home.

I remember back in 2010 on one of the evenings drive home it took me four and a half hours to get from Blanchatdstown to Rush(usually 40 minutes). Was an absolute nightmare.

Anywho... I can't see a world where United ask players for who they want brought in.

I can see players having chats, maybe even Mourinho just chatting some speculation with them for a laugh, but to actually request their input on who we should sign in the summer... nah. Don't believe it for one second.

Why would the club ask it? Why would they create leverage on the players side where none is needed to be given?

I could understand DDG asking who/type of player United are targetting in the summer - because that directly feeds in to whether United will be competitive in the PL and CL (hopefully) next season. If he wants compete for big trophies, and United want to assure him he can do that at United, I can understand that conversation. But, again, I don't believe the club would ask him, or allow him to demand, the players we need to sign to keep him happy.

Anywho... I can't see a world where United ask players for who they want brought in.

I can see players having chats, maybe even Mourinho just chatting some speculation with them for a laugh, but to actually request their input on who we should sign in the summer... nah. Don't believe it for one second.

Why would the club ask it? Why would they create leverage on the players side where none is needed to be given?

I could understand DDG asking who/type of player United are targetting in the summer - because that directly feeds in to whether United will be competitive in the PL and CL (hopefully) next season. If he wants compete for big trophies, and United want to assure him he can do that at United, I can understand that conversation. But, again, I don't believe the club would ask him, or allow him to demand, the players we need to sign to keep him happy.

wouldnt be the club as such, would be the manager asking a player his opinion out on the training field or in his office.

Fergie used to do it a lot, i presume a lot of managers do, the more info you have on a player the better.

Didnt jose ask Ibra his opinion on Lindelof before he signed??

We are a small company near Ballycoolin in Blanchatdstown and everyone drives to work.

Not looking good for tomorrow at all. Just hope I don’t get caught having to go in and then be in trouble coming home.

I remember back in 2010 on one of the evenings drive home it took me four and a half hours to get from Blanchatdstown to Rush(usually 40 minutes). Was an absolute nightmare.

any manager asking an employee to go into work tomorrow needs to take a long hard look at themselves. This is a once in a 30 year event, status red from tomorrow, blizzard conditions with a potential 40-50cm of snow in places, thats not even considering after the freeze tonight how the roads will be tomorrow

any manager asking an employee to go into work tomorrow needs to take a long hard look at themselves. This is a once in a 30 year event, status red from tomorrow, blizzard conditions with a potential 40-50cm of snow in places, thats not even considering after the freeze tonight how the roads will be tomorrow

For once your talking sense :pac:

• Advertisement

wouldnt be the club as such, would be the manager asking a player his opinion out on the training field or in his office.

Fergie used to do it a lot, i presume a lot of managers do, the more info you have on a player the better.

asking for opinion on a player you are already targetting and whom the player you are talking to knows is very different from asking any player who they think the club should sign.

Zlatan had played and trained with Lindelof,

Has DDG played with Dybala, Umtitti or Pjanic? Does he have a good basis for an opinion on these players beyond what he sees of them on TV? where would his opinion on their personality come from?

It is a completely different scenario

A car overturned up that way early this morning.. I play golf in Hollystown, I wonder how the course is holding up underneath all that snow :(

Yes but they played together so its an obvious thing to do to ask about his personality and character , De Gea never played with any of the 3 mentioned

We found your forte Bangkok you should concentrate your energy in the weather forum :)

Yes but they played together so its an obvious thing to do to ask about his personality and character , De Gea never played with any of the 3 mentioned

he played with all 3 in Fifa :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Learn to read you stupid kxnt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I work from home, so no excuses for me :(

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Learn to read you stupid kxnt.

U ok hunzo? X

We are a small company near Ballycoolin in Blanchatdstown and everyone drives to work

So is the company I work for.

And my boss is a United fan.

You, you aren't my Boss, are you??

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-angry-as-martial-considers-man-united-future

Jose unhappy that the club are taking so long in sorting out contracts.

I doubt Adox would do something as uninteresting as selling insurance :p

Unless his name is actually Howard :eek:

I doubt Adox would do something as uninteresting as selling insurance :p

Unless his name is actually Howard :eek:

I dont just sell insurance, I sell piece of mind.

But only to white folks.

:pac:

I dont just sell insurance, I sell piece of mind.

But only to white folks.

:pac:

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement