Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Fergie would have relished this City challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Next year is our big opportunity to get back to PL winning ways. Back to back titles is an incredibly difficult task with Fergie and Jose being the only managers to achieve this feat.

Combine City's motivational challenges with the fact that Jose will have had 3 summers and a lot cash to build his own team means we should get a strong title push from United.

This season my expectations were low. I certainly didn't expect us to win either the league or the CL. Next year I'd be bitterly disappointed if we are out of the title race by March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Next year is our big opportunity to get back to PL winning ways. Back to back titles .

Nearly forgetting what that feels like now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Nearly forgetting what that feels like now

Just challenging would be nice. Squaring up to big teams and beating them, and demolishing smaller teams now and again. I have more apprehension than excitement for big games these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Must admit I watched City last night for the first half hour and was absolutely jealous of the football they are playing.
    One thing I noticed about City which I actually fully admire is that Sane plays on the left and is left footed and Sterling normally plays on the right and is right footed. This seems to have gone completely out of fashion with most coaches opting for this inverted wide forward nonsense.

It's hard to admit but you have to admire the way City have gone about their revamp since the Garry Cook/Kaka/Robinho days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What's to admire they have spent plenty of money at it and got the best manager for fuk sake.

Come back in ten years time when they have achieved something!!!

It's great the way money spent is a stick to beat United with but its to be admired by a club that's bankrolled by a oil rich country.

I am not bitter about city they have done a good job but stop the fuking **** over them before they have even achieved anything of note!!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    What's to admire they have spent plenty of money at it and got the best manager for fuk sake.

It's great the way money spent is a stick to beat United with but its to be admired by a club that's bankrolled by a oil rich country.

I am not bitter about city they have done a good job but stop the fuking **** over them before they have even achieved anything of note!!!

My point was they shed their classless, noisey neighbour side and showed very astute vision, ambition and organisation - 3 things missing from Utd since Fergie and Gill left.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's kinda funny how City are being called the run away league leaders, but when United won it at a canter in Sir Alex's last season I do believe, not a word was said.

My point was they shed their classless, noisey neighbour side and showed very astute vision, ambition and organisation - 3 things missing from Utd since Fergie and Gill left.

It's easy to show class when winning all around you there was nothing class when Wigan knocked them out of cup.

There wasn't much class last season when they lost a few games and pep was been a prick to the press.

There was nothing class when the fans were throwing coins at Ferdinand In the derby game.

Again it's amazing how stuff is ignored when it comes to other clubs in comparison to the standards our own fans judge our own club and manager too.

Do you think any city fan or pool fan were sitt8ng back and admiring United for winning the proper treble? They were in their sh1t they were using ever excuse in the world to belittle the achievement and still do.

City have a nice side with lots of potential and an excellent manager but they haven't achieved anything and even when they go on to win the league by record points total the challenge is to build a sustained period of success over a decade then come back and talk about how well they have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Do you think any city fan or pool fan were sitt8ng back and admiring United for winning the proper treble? They were in their sh1t they were using ever excuse in the world to belittle the achievement and still do

I have never heard a City or Liverpool fan belittle the Treble; it’s impossible to do.

I have never heard a City or Liverpool fan belittle the Treble; it’s impossible to do.

Heard one the other night while debating var that we wouldn't of won the European cup if var was enforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

City are fantastic to watch no doubt and ultra attacking as per Peps style. It’s a high risk style though and leaves them very vulnerable at the back, both with Peps style of play and the players he chooses at the back to suit his style. You need a near perfect team for it to work for any sustained period and he had that with Barcelona but hasn’t(and is unlikely to again) since.

I don’t think we will win the CL and will be found out over two legs over one of the better European teams.

They have been exceptional in the league no doubt and are a joy to watch but their status has been exaggerated by the pure ineptness of the teams below them.

Spurs had a chance to build in the summer off the back of a brilliant season and chose not to.

Utd were never going to win it this season(imo) and let’s be honest have had some awful results and displays and putting aside some the managers flaws still look 3-4 players short.

Liverpool have improved but are kind of like “City light” and are being found out at the backwith their style of play at crucial times.

Chelsea have been the biggest disappointment from a neutral point of view. They should have been City’s biggest challengers this season and seem to have imploded on themselves again.

Arsenal. Arsenal have been Arsenal.

Heard one the other night while debating var that we wouldn't of won the European cup if var was enforce.

Which goal were they disputing?

Which goal were they disputing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bayern wouldn't have made it out of the group - Elber was offside for one of the goals int eh 2-2 draw IIRC. Boom, they are out.

Seriously though, what VAR correction would have stopped us winning the CL?

Bayern wouldn't have made it out of the group - Elber was offside for one of the goals int eh 2-2 draw IIRC. Boom, they are out.

Solksjaar was seemingly offside for Intefering with play or something i didnt listen to the bulsh1t

Solksjaar was seemingly offside for Intefering with play or something i didnt listen to the bulsh1t

There were Bayern guys on the line.

There is no question of offside for either goal.

Munich had men on either post for the corner so no way he was offside.

Edit. Beaten to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    Must admit I watched City last night for the first half hour and was absolutely jealous of the football they are playing.
    One thing I noticed about City which I actually fully admire is that Sane plays on the left and is left footed and Sterling normally plays on the right and is right footed. This seems to have gone completely out of fashion with most coaches opting for this inverted wide forward nonsense.

you must be a city supporter..

It's hard to admit but you have to admire the way City have gone about their revamp since the Garry Cook/Kaka/Robinho days.

another city supporter :)

so many city supporters in this thread... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jesus get over it

astradave wrote: »
    Jesus get over it

It's Bangkok and context what do you expect haha.

Edit: think I'll report him for spamming 3 needless posts in a row :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus get over it

tenor.gif?itemid=3475197

• Advertisement

Jesus get over it

call me xx

Manchester-City-v-SSC-Napoli-UEFA-Champions-League-Group-F-Etihad-Stadium.jpg

bangkok wrote: »
    you must be a city supporter..

The P in GSPfan stands for Pep. Gorgeous Sexy Pep fan.

The P in GSPfan stands for Pep. Gorgeous Sexy Pep fan.

Gabriel Sergio Pep fan........ Busted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Another City love in on the UNITED, TEAM TALK/GOSSIP/RUMORS thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Do you think any city fan or pool fan were sitt8ng back and admiring United for winning the proper treble? They were in their sh1t they were using ever excuse in the world to belittle the achievement and still do.

City were too busy in league division 2 at the time to be worrying about the treble

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Another City love in on the UNITED, TEAM TALK/GOSSIP/RUMORS thread

It’s relevant to United as they are currently a far better team than us playing some amazing football and are the level we have to now beat so unfortunately they will be mentioned from time to time.

they will be mentioned from time to time. every 5 fckn minutes

FYP :pac:

It’s relevant to United as they are currently a far better team than us playing some amazing football and are the level we have to now beat so unfortunately they will be mentioned from time to time.

Course they will be mentioned but the love in for them after achieving the bare minimum that is expected it's uncalled for and there is a thread for that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What has this thread become
    Citeh love
    Titanic gifs
    The snow has made y’all crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

brinty wrote: »
    What has that s thread become
    Citeh love
    Titanic gifs
    The snow has made y’all crazy

giphy.gif

Also not playing until Monday evening, doesn't help..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

City are miles better than any other team in England at the moment but I would never congratulate them on winning something or even acknowledge them as rivals. They used to love having a go at United because OT is not technically in Manchester, yet the only local thing about their club now is the address. No Manchester born players near their starting XI, their stadium is called after an Arab airline, a stadium which they were given for free. Everything they have ‘achieved’ has been inorganic and basically handouts. There is nothing the club that was there before 2007 can be proud of.

I can acknowledge that Pep is doing a great job, that the players there are great players, but I wouldn’t give the real Manchester City FC any credit whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

giphy.gif

MrMac84 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Between snow reports and lidl looting.

This has fallen off the radar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No news is good news!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm out to shovel some snow,gives me a free pass to sit and watch football from 3pm. I just know I'm gonna miss the United game on Monday.:(

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Fellaini injured again?

The best Tumbleweed, reminds me a bit of Danny Welbeck against City

I'm out to shovel some snow,gives me a free pass to sit and watch football from 3pm. I just know I'm gonna miss the United game on Monday.:(

Haha us wexford guys are all the same I did 5 elderly neighbours driveways and my own this morning just so I could sit in peace for rest of day. Even did milk runs.

Haha us wexford guys are all the same I did 5 elderly neighbours driveways and my own this morning just so I could sit in peace for rest of day. Even did milk runs.

You may keep shovelling.

https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU/status/969951309389496322

Wow that's ****ing mental.

And that poor lad who was out hurling was frozen solid

So annoying watching Huddersfield defend like school kids again yet played like supermen against us.

Not readers paradise!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5350006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So annoying watching Huddersfield defend like school kids again yet played like supermen against us.

They aren't half as dirty either

City are miles better than any other team in England at the moment but I would never congratulate them on winning something or even acknowledge them as rivals. They used to love having a go at United because OT is not technically in Manchester, yet the only local thing about their club now is the address. No Manchester born players near their starting XI, their stadium is called after an Arab airline, a stadium which they were given for free. Everything they have ‘achieved’ has been inorganic and basically handouts. There is nothing the club that was there before 2007 can be proud of.

I can acknowledge that Pep is doing a great job, that the players there are great players, but I wouldn’t give the real Manchester City FC any credit whatsoever.

so because they have lots of money, you wouldnt consider them a rival??

they are our biggest rivals to win the league for probably at least the next 5 seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What a man he was to take the piss out of Arsenal

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/969910564079226880

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement