Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

I genuinely don’t know what’s wrong with the team. They’re all playing terribly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really cannot understand the shítness of the passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wonder will Jose do what he did at HT against Chelsea and somehow sort this poor performance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Second to every ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

With the amount of energy Palace have poured into this half we have to come out all guns blazing in the second.

• That looked sore, hope all ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

astradave wrote: »
    At least he is ****in trying something

Who isn’t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lukaku waiting for the ball again. Needs to waken up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KH25 wrote: »
    I genuinely don’t know what’s wrong with the team. They’re all playing terribly.

Tbh, I feel since they realised the league was gone, they've all turned down a gear or two. There's no fight, no desire in them, like they aren't all that bothered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

For all the going on about Chelsea before the game by sky what can be said about united in the first half!!

Defence has been awful but expected that when seen smalling and Lindelof. No one else has been much better really but Pogba is driving me insane!!

He should be bossing this game driving us on but jesus he has ducked everything. If he honestly thinks this is good enough he can **** off cause its not worth having him when he's this way.

• Advertisement

• KH25 wrote: »

Scapegoat Pogba tho
    Seems to be the thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Would like to see Martial and Rashford playing. Lingard and Sanchez have been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

Our work rate and movement is absolutely pathetic when compared to the top 2 sides in the PL... WTF did they work on during the week on the training ground ? ? ? Looks like they just watched Mary Berry for the fcking week :(

Keep wondering if there is an Asprilla effect with the arrival of Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

We have some very good players but we are a sh*t team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What a pile of ****e.

Shocking to get that with such a good amount of time to prepare for the game, one of the few games in this run where they had time to get ready for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Whatever about the Newcastle game, we had ample chances to put then to the sword and just didn't take them. This game is absolutely dog**** though. No urgency. Awful passing. No leaders, no width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

BenK wrote: »
    Would like to see Martial and Rashford playing. Lingard and Sanchez have been poor.

Martial is injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

With the amount of energy Palace have poured into this half we have to come out all guns blazing in the second.

This is the problem though, palace haven't had to kill the,selves to contain us. They've just been organised and aggressive.

We are so slow in our build up play that it's almost a dream to defend against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Palace look like they have an extra man out there. That tells you all you need to know about the effort both sets of players are putting in.

Palace for all their limitations are committed to what they are doing in both def nice and attack. Utd are tentative.

I’d expect subs on the 60 minute mark from Jose.

• Whatever about the Newcastle game, we had ample chances to put then to the sword and just didn't take them. This game is absolutely dog**** though. No urgency. Awful passing. No leaders, no width.

There is width tho

Lingard and Sanchez keep playing it centrally

Young was completely free multiple times on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

One of the worst 45 mins ever. Players not up to it tonight. Will take a massive change in attitude to get back in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    KH25 wrote: »

Scapegoat Pogba tho

He’s having a very poor game too though. I’d expect far more from him in a 4-3-3. That said they’re all playing dreadfully. I don’t know what Young has done to be in the team. Alexis’ passing is all over the place. Matic looks shattered. Smalling looks lost. Lindelof the same. Even Valencia is off tonight.

adox wrote: »
    Palace look like they have an extra man out there. That tells you all you need to know about the effort both sets of players are putting in.

Palace for all their limitations are committed to what they are doing in both def nice and attack. Utd are tentative.

I’d expect subs on the 60 minute mark from Jose.

Id expect 3 subs at half time that has been pure rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thanks to those who pm'd/

Not sure how much more of this dog**** I can stomach though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

BenK wrote: »

And then Martial and Rashford would be **** and we'd be saying Lingard and Sanchez should start. It's a weird situation.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Martial is injured

Was wondering why he wasn't in the squad. Rashford deserves a go at least. Think his pace, movement and directness could cause problems and create space for others too.

Scapegoat Pogba tho

He’s probably been the worst of a bad bunch imo.

Don’t think he’s been scapegoated at all. No one has said it’s all down to him but he has been utter drivel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scapegoat Pogba tho

Mick, in all fairness, the team is built around him. He's held to a higher standard because he's meant to be our elite player. And yet he's messing up very simple passes. He's our playmaker and isn't making any plays. He's lost the ball repeatedly, and has gone down at gusts of wind.

Yes, other players are having very poor games too, but don't act as if Pogba isn't the one who dictates our formation and has presented himself as the supposed heartbeat of the team. He's had plenty of time to settle, and yet is sauntering round like he doesn't give a **** tonight.

• Advertisement

Jose wont last long at the club if our performances continue going like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

The whole team has been utter **** and all ya see on here is people blaming pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

1,000 hours wouldn't be enough this time, Lindeloff should Lindle off

There is width tho

Lingard and Sanchez keep playing it centrally

Young was completely free multiple times on the left

One player isn't width against a team dug in and defending with two banks of four inside the width of their 18 yard box. They need to be drawing players out to create space. We are getting suffocated in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I actually don't wanna see the Liverpool match at weekend if this is what where gonna get.

And then Martial and Rashford would be **** and we'd be saying Lingard and Sanchez should start. It's a weird situation.

I more mean I'd like to see them come on (know Martial isn't available). Didn't really have any issue with Sanchez and Lingard starting but they've been poor up to now.

It is a strange situation though, seems to be a real malaise with the team at the moment. When's the last time they've genuinely played well against any kind of decent team, never mind against relegation fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did Pogba himself not bítch about wanting to be in a 3 man midfield? Dreams come true and this is what he produces? The whole teams been changed to accomodate him and he is poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

McTominay has been crap too, just remember that if we win and someone wants to claim he was excellent! :)

We will limp to a 4th place finish this year and it’ll be seen as a step in the right direction but we will be further from winning the league as City have gone so far ahead of where Chelsea were last year.

I do wonder if top players can struggle challanging for second. Look at real Madrid in Spain.

It’s not an excuse, but an effort to understand how these kind of performances can be put in. I don’t care what tactics the team plays, passing 10 yards and putting in some hard work for the team cannot be blamed on the coach. No tactics would matter with the way they are playing.

In the last week since the Chelsea match I haven't thought about football a whole lot, I was preoccupied by other things.

Clearly this is also true for most of that team out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So slow to move the ball and when we do speed things up we trip over the ball, leave the ball behind or over play it.

Good thing is we can only play better. Maybe we need to move from Diamond to 4-3-3? Or when do we roll the dice and go with a 4-2-3-1.

Think every single player (apart from DDG) has been equally poor which is rarely the case.

Nolars wrote: »
    The whole team has been utter **** and all ya see on here is people blaming pogba.

You need to re read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose wont last long at the club if our performances continue going like this

Agree completely.

Pogba will be gone too if he continues to perform at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shame Souness isn't in the studio. Would love to see him savage this Pogba performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

GSPfan wrote: »
    McTominay has been crap too, just remember that if we win and someone wants to claim he was excellent! :)

We will limp to a 4th place finish this year and it’ll be seen as a step in the right direction but we will be further from winning the league as City have gone so far ahead of where Chelsea were last year.

I doubt anyone will risk praising McTominay again don't worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

In all fairness it's not just Pogba. There's nobody offering anything so far tonight.

• One player isn't width against a team dug in and defending with two banks of four inside the width of their 18 yard box. They need to be drawing players out to create space. We are getting suffocated in the middle.

A left winger playing miles out wide in tonnes of space
    That's adding width to the attack
    Sanchez twice and lingard twice completely ignored him

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did Pogba himself not bítch about wanting to be in a 3 man midfield? Dreams come true and this is what he produces? The whole teams been changed to accomodate him and he is poison.

We have been poison for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

One player isn't width against a team dug in and defending with two banks of four inside the width of their 18 yard box. They need to be drawing players out to create space. We are getting suffocated in the middle.

Young and Valencia have been free multiple times and ignored, the amount of times they have then attempted to find Valencia with a ball only to belt it out of play is unforgivable from players the standard of Sanchez and Pogba.

They are trying to play everything centrally, Lingard coming in, Sanchez going all over the ****ing place. It does leave space out wide for the full backs but they are either ignored or not given a ball they can get on to.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Not looking forward to the Pool match on Sat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement