Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

We don't look like a team. Certainly a few players who don't belong in the first team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sanchez lost the ball 19 times!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

GSPfan wrote: »
    McTominay has been crap too, just remember that if we win and someone wants to claim he was excellent! :)

We will limp to a 4th place finish this year and it’ll be seen as a step in the right direction but we will be further from winning the league as City have gone so far ahead of where Chelsea were last year.

bar the mistimed tackle, i don't think he's played badly.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to the Pool match on Sat

Pool match and the city game for the title will be hard viewing

• bar the mistimed tackle, i don't think he's played badly.

Another 45 minute to go
    I think we will win this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

astradave wrote: »
    Townsend came from the right.. Young’s fault

Still agree with that? Gary Neville just highlighted Pogbas casual tracking back as a major contribution to the goal.

He's very poor but we've no other options at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

xtal191 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to the Pool match on Sat
    On this form pool will destroy united. Their front 3 against our defence will run riot. I’d only be a bit more hopeful if Bailly played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think I poxed Sanchez at the start of the game. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hope Jose batters into them. So much quality but such little efficiency!! That was very hard to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

bangkok wrote: »
    Pool match and the city game for the title will be hard viewing

As they should be when the players serve up this level of ****

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This is McTominays 4th start he is a great prospect but not having a great game tonight isn't just his fault Alexis missing those key passes Matic seems all over the place and Pogba might be a Barca player in disguise tonight he's diving like his life depends on it, we are (insert vulgarity) here's hoping they get a boot up their backsides now and come out fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Still agree with that? Gary Neville just highlighted Pogbas casual tracking back as a major contribution to the goal.

He also said Young should have come with him. I agree with both assessments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

We play like this at weekend Liverpool beat us simple.
    They won't sit back they will attack us and we will be all over the place.

Or we do what we did in game earlier this season and we end up with an awful awful match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

It's been obvious for most of the season that our attacking play is poor. They either aren't coached very well or aren't coached at all in terms of attacking moves. We bring a genuinely world class attacker into our side in January and it makes no noticeable difference to how we play whatsoever. Just a different name struggling to perform in our disjointed attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose wont last long at the club if our performances continue going like this

Amazing that once again Woodward gets a pass. That clown will sign another hyped player with tweet records and fans will be fawning over his genius!!!

The problem isn’t Jose, he’s proven at every club he has been at. Even If you think he is past his best (which I don’t) it doesn’t explain the performances we are seeing from these players.

Why would you need Gary Neville to point out Pogbas lack of awareness and interest in tracking back?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We are currently playing a 4321 it seems. Hate Sanchez on the left in this team as he is doing what Mata does and plays within the width of the box for the most part. Lingard isn’t doing much better but at least he has proven he is dangerous around the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The only thing about it is that we are playing Barcelona. Oh no wait...

• Why would you need Gary Neville to point out Pogbas lack of awareness and interest in tracking back?

Take a guess and he thinks all Utd fans fall on Garys every word

• Advertisement

Very similar kind of abuse that fletcher used to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shame Souness isn't in the studio. Would love to see him savage this Pogba performance.

Don't worry. Nev is tearing into him

Drumpot wrote: »
    Amazing that once again Woodward gets a pass. That clown will sign another hyped player with tweet records and fans will be fawning over his genius!!!

The problem isn’t Jose, he’s proven at every club he has been at. Even If you think he is past his best (which I don’t) it doesn’t explain the performances we are seeing from these players.

I actually applaud the level of bull**** mental gymnastics you must do to somehow blame this on Ed ****ing Woodward.

Well done sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe if we take the game to Liverpool next weekend the football gods will undo the kybosh that Jose put on us earlier in the season when he set up defensively?

Young and Valencia have been free multiple times and ignored, the amount of times they have then attempted to find Valencia with a ball only to belt it out of play is unforgivable from players the standard of Sanchez and Pogba.

They are trying to play everything centrally, Lingard coming in, Sanchez going all over the ****ing place. It does leave space out wide for the full backs but they are either ignored or not given a ball they can get on to.

With those two particular instances, it's inexcusable, but I honestly thought Pogba and Sanchez were anticipating a bit more of a forward advance from Valencia and played those passes accordingly.

Valencia wanted the ball there where he stood though and seemed quite hesitant to make a forward movement to anticipate that sort of pass.

As I said though, no excuses. The general ineffectiveness of quality players like Sanchez and Pogba is driving me mad here.

Have we even had a decent chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It’s Ed Woodward’s fault these players can’t make a 10 yard pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Funniest thing so far is sky claiming Palace have never beaten United

A Keane, Bruce, Schmeichel figure in the changing room at half time would be ideal....on the pitch even better

• With those two particular instances, it's inexcusable, but I honestly thought Pogba and Sanchez were anticipating a bit more of a forward advance from Valencia and played those passes accordingly.

Valencia wanted the ball there where he stood though and seemed quite hesitant to make a forward movement to anticipate that sort of pass.

As I said though, no excuses. The general ineffectiveness of quality players like Sanchez and Pogba is driving me mad here.

Have we even had a decent chance?

Sanchez should have scored a header
    Sanchez also played in Lukaku who nearly got on the end of a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Seems to be a lot more toxicity in this thread than there usually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fortunately I can’t hear the commentary and and there is no subtitles on IPTV ;) I use my own eyes to judge and while Pogba was slow getting back, young should have sticking with his man, he was closer and could would have been in front of him

Woodward? Wtf

I actually applaud the level of bull**** mental gymnastics you must do to somehow blame this on Ed ****ing Woodward.

Well done sir.

Not as much delusion you have to have to not spot he’s the one thing at the top
    Of the club the entire time since SAF retired. But never mind... Blaming and sacking coaches is working great.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sanchez should have scored a header

Cheers Mick. My fully paid for and above board American sports channel dropped out a few times and I missed that.

I used to really enjoy Neville's analysis. Came across as fresh and against the grain. Has slowly but surely resorted to cliches and laughable analysis, exemplified by his awful Pogba and Instagram waffle at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That substitution makes me very nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

When was the last time we dominated a game from the get go?

I genuinely cannot remember.

The ref can **** off there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And the players switch off again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Massive half!! We can easily turn this around if the players wake the fcuk up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

**** sake

• Advertisement

Wtf referee? Wasn't even close to the right spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I used to really enjoy Neville's analysis. Came across as fresh and against the grain. Has slowly but surely resorted to cliches and laughable analysis, exemplified by his awful Pogba and Instagram waffle at HT.

Pogba deserved it on that first half display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Why would you need Gary Neville to point out Pogbas lack of awareness and interest in tracking back?

I don't. I did point it out for the goal but AstraDave disagreed and placed the blame four the goal solely on Young.

No biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Valencia walking back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Terrible from de Gea

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Smalling is a joke. Stands there with his hand in the ****ing air instead of running back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can go and **** off now seriously.

Sanchez has been nothing short of a disgrace today

First it wasn't a free, second he looked off dunno if he was or not and thirdly we are ****ing pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Are we arsenal in disguise

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement