Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I was about to post how Jose needs to replace at least 6 first team players asap if we are to challenge City but now I'm thinking what a tenacious bunch of lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Credit to Jose there, threw the kitchen sink at it and it came off. Just.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We play we played in the first half against LFC at the weekend we will be dead and buried by half time.

The other side of it is that a stunning comeback like that could light a fire under them.

Most important thing is that we are 9 points ahead of 5th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was about to post how Jose needs to replace at least 6 first team players asap if we are to challenge City but now I'm thinking what a tenacious bunch of lads!

We need to fix the fullback problem desperately tbh. But it's great to see a proper fight back today even if we shouldn't have been in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can we all agree that McTominay was excellent?

Oh yeah, that felt like a United comeback of old, hopefully Lukaku is ok.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

We were absolutely shocking and Jose still needs to address it. The balance of the team doesn't look right to me.

Delighted/relieved to still get three points though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

If we could start games like we finished that, we'd be some team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He still does infairness but great to see a bit of fight and pride.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Huge result from 2 down to win. Great for morale.

One of those horrible and brilliant matches to watch as a fan.

Football was horrible though, and I mean horrible in the sense of wasteful passes, lack of good choices. Really poor play at times.

Mata has to play more games, he knits things together so much better than the rest, including the major investment (Pogba).

Not sure how Lukaku got that second goal with so many players on front of him. Matic looking for that goal since his debut. Well done Val and Smalling on the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It felt like 1999 all over

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That sound you hear is the sound of the Pool fans frantically clicking backspace on their keyboards....

The dessert will be having a little read of what I can only imagine will now be a very entertaining match thread.

Hopefully there was loads blown all over the place

Poor Pool fans, its the hope that kills ye lads.

Whatever way that win came about, and make no mistake we were dog**** it has got to do good for the morale to dig it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Schwanz wrote: »
    That will give us such a boost going into Saturday.

Massive shot to the arm.

We shouldn't have to do that against a team in thr bottom half.

It's worrying to be going into one our biggest games the season and the likes of Pogba and Sanchez can't even play simple passes..

We won I'm delighted but jesus some of our so called stars will have to cop **** on and get there **** together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    How long has it been since we had a good comeback

Too long

8 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Bit of desperation and we scored 3. Food for thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ah man that was the first time I truly felt genuine painful nervousness over a football game. I was nearly sick with the tension.

Remember how bitter the game was and how nasty the northern folk were? I remember when they scored I was so upset that I ran into the next room and put on the PC to play sensible soccer. As it loaded up I said “I’m not giving up yet”. Went back in and that McLoughlin goal justified his existence! (Rememeber big jack saying that in the interview after the game!).. out on the streets celebrating! Oh those were the good old days!

That was the season united did their first double!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

For all the negatives that can be discussed about the performance the fightback overshadows them all for me at the moment. A comeback like that will surely have the players on top form before Pool game, while also highlighting worrying areas more to focus on.

It's been a while since I've seen us show that, even if it was against a relegation threatened side. Was great to watch and for the first time in a long while when we got back to 2-1 felt like the writing was on the wall, even with that shaky part after the equaliser.

Also Matic gets the screamer we've all be crying out for. We all know he can strike the ball and was brilliant to see. It was a game that could be looked back at as hugely important in terms of where we finish.

Not perfect, but I'll be going to bed happy tonight.

Make no mistake, that win shouldn't paper over the cracks of the first half and large spells of the second. Still, great to get the win in the end.

I haven't looked at the match thread or elsewhere, but I imagine at 2-0 many were getting very safe, even smug, in the knowledge that Liverpool wouldn't even need to beat United to stay in second.

Ah Nemanja Matic, you beautiful bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

2 wins in a row coming from behind. Not bad.

That first half was incredibly worrying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Great mentality shown by Lukaku tonight I thought. Was a leader when the team were looking lost and not afraid to give anyone a dressing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was at 5 a side till 9 arrived home to no electricity, shot to the local, no power, care back out battery’s into 3 torch’s and brought in 2 emergency lights from the van, set them up and the power cams back! Then Matic hits that beauty, to say it was an eventful evening wouldn’t even begin to cover it

GET IN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

That goal should hopefully be massive for the team in terms of confidence going into the final stretch of the season. For whatever reason Jose seemed incapable of inspiring the players lately but now they should go into the pool game with a bit of belief. Hope they can build on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've got a splitting headache but am also buzzing.

Final thought and then I've having an early night.

When they scored the second goal, the players started roaring at each other angrily, and I was so happy to see it. There was an anger but that meant there was a passion. In the first half, they didn't look bothered by the scoreline. They came out in the second half and conceeded again, and finally, they looked angry. Players screaming angrily at each other, getting passionate. And in that moment, it felt like they would actually properly fight back.

We need to see more of that passion.

Last two games team has shown great character ....

Have to give Jose some credit aswell cause people are quick to blame him when it’s not going well!

Let’s face it we were all utter sh1te for an hour at least. Really awful.

We have seen it before and it’s still a huge problem and things aren’t right but.....

That’s 2 weeks in a row we have come from behind to grab the win, something that was elusive for most of the season.

So much still wrong. It fûck me I’m in great mood!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That sound you hear is the sound of the Pool fans frantically clicking backspace on their keyboards....

I text that to someone just after the winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Drumpot wrote: »

Yep, it's been a long time since I've seen that but win,lose or draw that's exactly what we all love to see from United.

Passion and flair tonight, brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Liam O wrote: »
    Great mentality shown by Lukaku tonight I thought. Was a leader when the team were looking lost and not afraid to give anyone a dressing down.

This. 100%. He showed leadership and balls when needed

Drumpot wrote: »

Have to give Jose some credit aswell cause people are quick to blame him when it’s not going well!

All down to one man and one man only, we all now his name.

Ed "Big Balls" Woodward.

• Liam O wrote: »

Brilliant again

• Advertisement

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Can we all agree that McTominay was excellent?

He got a yellow and was taken off early
    Jaysus lad you love to stick it to posters

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

On a separate note, Shaw looks good on the ball but no way in hell he’d last a 90 minute match! Bit of a shock!

• Fat-Bloke-Running1520286693.gif

Great three points in all fairness.

Fair play! Roll on Saturday Jean ;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Brilliant again

Delighted when I saw him tear into Pogba and Matic, we desperately need that kind of fire on the field. Someone to drag people with him. Heres hoping Lukaku can provide that. He is still the best crosser in the team too which needs to be addressed!

Hopefully he is ok after the game, got a sick feeling in my stomach when he was at his balls toward the end, a groin injury would be a real kick in the balls.

• Lord TSC wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

Youd have to feel sorry for Palace and Hodgson.

He's a likeable fella and not nearly deserving of some of the abuse he gets.

Team is 2-0 down - sack Jose
    Team wins 3-2 - well played team

Manager very composed and did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

We need a big performance against Liverpool. Ya **** it I'd take a horrible one nil win but more then anything I'd love to see us beat them well.

Most important thing is we don't lose though because we're ahead of them and it's in our hands to stay there.

MurDawg wrote: »
    On a separate note, Shaw looks good on the ball but no way in hell he’d last a 90 minute match! Bit of a shock!

He's fair beefy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Massive 3 points that was and hopefully the dressing room is buzzing now after that late winner but we will need to play much better on saturday or we will be hammered.

Sanchez also needs a huge kick up the hole couldnt believe how bad he was

• Advertisement

Delighted when I saw him tear into Pogba and Matic, we desperately need that kind of fire on the field. Someone to drag people with him. Heres hoping Lukaku can provide that. He is still the best crosser in the team too which needs to be addressed!

Hopefully he is ok after the game, got a sick feeling in my stomach when he was at his balls toward the end, a groin injury would be a real kick in the balls.

The fact that he had his hand over his package gives me hope funnily enough that it’s not a groin strain, that he got a knock or something.

If it was a strain I’d have expected him to hold one side or the other or above or below of that makes sense.

Anyway here’s hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

MurDawg wrote: »

Yeah? lost the ball a couple of times and didn't really do much going forward

I wonder how close Bailly is to playing no minutes since he has been back but given the how the games panned out hardly a surprise,

Also whooooooooooooooooooooop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Another roller coaster of a game

Pogba was annoying to watch in the first half,he just seems to take too many touches on the ball,

Dave saves again

Give him 450k a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He's fair beefy alright.

Its the jersey. Wouldnt be near the bench if he was over weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

We need a big performance against Liverpool. Ya **** it I'd take a horrible one nil win but more then anything I'd love to see us beat them well.

Most important thing is we don't lose though because we're ahead of them and it's in our hands to stay there.

I'd take a draw. All day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Sanchez looks injured to me.

• Drumpot wrote: »
    Team is 2-0 down - sack Jose
    Team wins 3-2 - well played team

Manager very composed and did well.

As I said already, a complete overreaction in here

Wonderful result to win that after going 2-0 down

The spirit is in this team

And credit to Jose he made the right changes at the right time in the game

I literally screamed my head off with that winner, the wife is actually not talking to me lol, told me to **** off and calm down :pac:

bangkok wrote: »
    Massive 3 points that was and hopefully the dressing room is buzzing now after that late winner but we will need to play much better on saturday or we will be hammered.

Sanchez also needs a huge kick up the hole couldnt believe how bad he was

Not trying to have a go at you but surely Pogba does too? I thought the two of them were Utds worst players over the 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Woeful first half but the response after going 2 nil down was very encouraging. I'd say it's been a while since we won a game after going 2 down. Seems like a long time since we had a late winner too, nice to have that feeling back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement