Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That last gif is my favourite it can usually be used four times a season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting the excuses on early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Sure they were whinging about the ref in our game against Chelsea. It was a fix that Morata was called offside. The same linesman that made a bad call against them before :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting the excuses on early?

Excuses? Nothing will stop them putting 4 or 5 past us apparently.

I've never noticed Craig Pawson before so he's probably one of the guys on the payroll. Anyone but Michael Oliver and Stuart Attwell is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

http://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/craig-pawson/manchester-united/4/

I knew he booked Smalling for his dive and then let him off his stupid challenge on Gayle, but that game aside he actually seems a good luck omen for us?

I see Henrik is free from Mourinho’s shackles again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A whole new player.

You do have to wonder why he seems to thrive in European games, and struggles in league ones. Is it simply European teams don't defend as deeply and "park the bus"-ly?

You do have to wonder why he seems to thrive in European games, and struggles in league ones. Is it simply European teams don't defend as deeply and "park the bus"-ly?

Well there’s that and the fact that there’s an awful lot of sh*te defenders in the Europa League.

Looking at that Milan lineup tonight and bar Bonucci you’d be hard pressed to find another player that would get into the match day squad of the 2000s.

It’s a shame to see great clubs end up like that and nothing clubs winning the football lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh Danny :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Oh Danny :pac:

I only just saw it lol what the fuk.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I only just saw it lol what the fuk.

For those that haven’t...

https://twitter.com/urbanfootie/status/971838577184329728?s=21

Should never have.............

Gotten money for him

It was never as bad as this...

arturo-vidal-dive-against-real-madrid-a.gif

• Advertisement

I love how both of them appealed for a free/Peno :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/928513/Man-Utd-news-David-de-Gea-contract-Real-Madrid

Anybody know what the story is with this contract stuff? It looks like the club can extend it by a year but Is there any truth to this rumour that the club is actually upsetting their best player for no obvious reason?

Dude, it's an Express link. May as well link to a random blog post by a guy from your local pub tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Well there’s that and the fact that there’s an awful lot of sh*te defenders in the Europa League.

Looking at that Milan lineup tonight and bar Bonucci you’d be hard pressed to find another player that would get into the match day squad of the 2000s.

It’s a shame to see great clubs end up like that and nothing clubs winning the football lottery.

You could say the same.about the current united team and with all the money spent. How many of our current team would get in 99 starting team or 2008.....

I would actually say no one!!

Dude, it's an Express link. May as well link to a random blog post by a guy from your local pub tbh.

That is true. I did struggle to find a more credible source on this.

I would of thought that they should just make him on par with highest paid player and make it another 5 years! Madrid would defo not pay a keeepr that much and it puts this nonsense talk to bed for another few years.

I suppose That’s why I am here posting it on a forum rather wheeling at dealing multi million pound contracts!

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    You could say the same.about the current united team and with all the money spent. How many of our current team would get in 99 starting team or 2008.....

Yeah I said match day squad but whatever.

Ooooh. Sneaky Beasty... :pac:

Drumpot wrote: »
    That is true. I did struggle to find a more credible source on this.

I would of thought that they should just make him on par with highest paid player and make it another 5 years! Madrid would defo not pay a keeepr that much and it puts this nonsense talk to bed for another few years.

I suppose That’s why I am here posting it on a forum rather wheeling at dealing multi million pound contracts!

Mendes his agent isn’t it.. it will be a long long process with him on the other side anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Any sane person would be avoiding this place on Saturday regardless. I do look forward to the next feedback thread though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Do not discuss it, do not say a word :mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

bangkok wrote: »

De Gea would; he is better than either Schmeichel or Van der Saar in my humble opinion. Beyond that, Sanchez (the Arsenal version) or Lukaku might usurp Cole or Yorke.

What did I miss?

It's easy to miss, so just in case there's anyone else like myself and Jayo who weren't in the loop...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057849547

TL:DR - The United/Liverpool Superthreads are being locked for the match on Saturday, with all match discussion to take place in the designated match thread.

We're not allowed to talk about this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

It's easy to miss, so just in case there's anyone else like myself and Jayo who weren't in the loop...

TL:DR - The United/Liverpool Superthreads are being locked for the match on Saturday, with all match discussion to take place in the designated match thread.

Working so gonna miss the match, kinda glad I'm missing it, wouldn't be able to enjoy that game

Edit: saw I'm not meant to talk about that thread at all so Ill get rod of that

Ah right I don't have a problem with it if it's just for the game the weekend it would be a slaughterhouse all over the place.

I'm going to avoid boards when game is on anyway so don't care much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

There doing all they can too ruin the mini run, I'm on. Tut tut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/971888538382929921

"(Catalan) SPORT:
    Mourinho wants Umtiti.
    The coach wants the center back and United offer 9 million euros per season.
    Samuel's will is to renew with Barça, but he asks for a figure based on his performance."

The S*n saying that we'll go for both Rose and Alderweireld in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It was never as bad as this...

arturo-vidal-dive-against-real-madrid-a.gif

This will always be king.

tenor.gif

Ah right I don't have a problem with it if it's just for the game the weekend it would be a slaughterhouse all over the place.

I'm going to avoid boards when game is on anyway so don't care much.

I'd imagine the vast majority will avoid boards during the game now....

I'd imagine the vast majority will avoid boards during the game now....

and watch the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

*robbed from the General thread

pudzey101 wrote: »
    IF man utd make it past Sevilla next week and draw man city , there will be 3 Manchester derbies in a row in April :D

3/4 april : First leg
    7th April : premier league
    10/11 April second leg

So city could win the league against them and put them out of the CL in the space of a few days :D

Stuff of nightmares especially if we lose Saturday aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

This isn’t to be debated lads it’s a trial nothing more and superthreads will be open after the match. Let’s not keep bringing it up

Right Mac, I'll keep my criticisms to myself about the decisions, but could I ask will we be allowed to give any sort of feedback about it? Not much point of a trial run in my eyes if the users aren't allowed to talk about it.

Back to more of a match related conversation, the Pool friend who organised the group of us to go to the pub for the game has strangely backed out from going. Can't see him missing the game but said he forgot about visiting family, of course we are poking fun at this, and saying he's just worried.

Speaking of worried, I can't see any other CB combination than Smalling and Lindelof. Don't know how they will cope with the Pool attack.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43339067

Id have little time normally for players who don’t look like they give a f**k and it’s been hard to tell how much of Pogbas poor form is bad attitude or just a player struggling a bit with the role they have been asked to play. I’d have even less time for players like Pogba who court publicity so perhaps I have been happy to believe he is taking the piss sauntering around the pitch showing little interest in fighting for the team.

But I think this is a good piece from Murphy. In Defense of Pogba, there hasn’t been any direct complaining publicly and if he is taking one for the team (being used as a scapegoat but willing to take it for the team) then he’s a stronger character then I gave him credit for. I hope Murphy is right and Pogba proves me and others so wrong about his attitude/character , nothing would make me happier cause his potential is frightening.

Maybe I am an optimist but I feel like this team is on the brink of stepping up a level. Might be too soon this season but a good week could signal that the team is ready to come out of the shadows.

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    *robbed from the General thread

Stuff of nightmares especially if we lose Saturday aswell

It’s a bit of a long shot. What are the odds of drawing City and them being mathematically able to win the league in our game? Added to the most unlikely event of all... us beating Sevilla :pac:

It’s a bit of a long shot. What are the odds of drawing City and them being mathematically able to win the league in our game? Added to the most unlikely event of all... us beating Sevilla :pac:

Roughly 14% chance of drawing them. 42% chance of drawing an English team if Chelsea somehow overcome Barca.

City play united and spurs around those ties and need to win both to retain league.

I don’t think the league element really matters to be honest.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Roughly 14% chance of drawing them. 42% chance of drawing an English team if Chelsea somehow overcome Barca.

City play united and spurs around those ties and need to win both to retain league.

I don’t think the league element really matters to be honest.

ahh here look there is praising pep and praising pep but **** sake we not giving them two league titles for one seasons work?

ahh here look there is praising pep and praising pep but **** sake we not giving them two league titles for one seasons work?

huge-tiny-.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Such a complete load of bollocks. Keep hitting those home runs Boards.ie.

J4hPxE1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Enjoy the match lads... ye can all go on boards after and discuss to your hearts content

I see us winning 2-1 lukaku and sanchez with the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United 1 - 3 Liverpool.

Early go for Liverpool, and then they will pick us off on the counter while we push. Goal in the 67th minute to pull one back then an 83rd minute winner from Liverpool - Ox scoring on the counter after Pogba fails to track his run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2-1 to United, Pogba to smash in the winner in the last minute, Martin Tyler to orgasm and spontaneously combust. Merseyside to drown in a sea of tears and those that remain to write open letters to the FA,FIFA,UEFA,Crime watch over them being robbed and corruption in the game favouring the Manc scum and it's still Ferguson in the background controlling everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Adamocovic wrote: »
    This isn’t to be debated lads it’s a trial nothing more and superthreads will be open after the match. Let’s not keep bringing it up

Look i don't post here often but i do enjoy going into the Man Utd superthread during games as i don't like the match threads. Closing the superthread during the game is the biggest load of bull**** i've seen on this forum in a long time. Way to loose more traffic to your site btw.

So ban me away, couldn't care less, it's a ridiculous idea. Keep draining the fun out of everything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement