Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If we dont go three at the back I'd be very worried against that attack. Need someone to track Firmino and it can't be a CB if we only have two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pjohnson wrote: »
    If we dont go three at the back I'd be very worried against that attack. Need someone to track Firmino and it can't be a CB if we only have two.

I think carrick should start, have him play as extra defender, deep lying play maker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    I think carrick should start, have him play as extra defender, deep lying play maker

On what basis have you judged that Carrick is up to speed enough to start a game like this? What performance in the past year has convinced you of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

is martial still injured ?
    i'd rather he start on the left if fit over sanchez.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    On what basis have you judged that Carrick is up to speed enough to start a game like this? What performance in the past year has convinced you of this?

Against the high Liverpool press... Its baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A Carrick of three or four years ago would struggle against Liverpool’s press.

2018 Carrick who has barely played and is retir8ng at the end of the season would be overwhelmed and a weak point.

As much as I love Carrick you'd be sending him to the slaughterhouse putting him in for this game.

Although in general I think we should be using him more to try and preserve poor Matic!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jambofc wrote: »
    is martial still injured ?
    i'd rather he start on the left if fit over sanchez.......

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/972144252296859648
    Anthony Martial will not be available for selection against Liverpool. He is still suffering with a slight thigh injury but could be back for Tuesday’s game against Sevilla. #mufc [SFR]

He wouldnt be near the bench if he wasnt up to speed. Has been on bench last few games and we need someone who can pass the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He wouldnt be near the bench if he wasnt up to speed. Has been on bench last few games and we need someone who can pass the ball

Carrick has consistently been a solid performer for united. A great servant, underrated in some sections for sure and a great calling influence to the team when a game needs seeing out.

He has however, consistently shat the bed entirely anytime he has faced a team that press at the level Liverpool do.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Of course he would be near the bench we have fellaini and herrera out i jured the only senior midfielders we have is Carrick matic and herrera and two of them are playing.

He has played a handful if minutes over the past year and you want to throw him in against a team that will press our players in midfield.

Even when Carrick was playing regularly last couple years he was caught in possession by teams that pressed him!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If people are interested in chatting elsewhere during matchs there's an app named telegram that can be used to set up private group messages via invite by whoever creates it.

I've used it all time for support issues with software etc. Can also post pictures files etc no stopping of video links being posted like on here.

https://telegram.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

If people are interested in chatting elsewhere during matchs there's an app named telegram that can be used to set up private group messages via invite by whoever creates it.

I've used it all time for support issues with software etc. Can also post pictures files etc no stopping of video links being posted like on here.

https://telegram.org

Can you imagine letting Brinty loose on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Carrick was taken off at HT in the game at OT last year as he was getting targeted and was really struggling.

paulbok wrote: »
    Can you imagine letting Brinty loose on that?

Lmao first comment to make me actually laugh on here in long time.!!

Carrick was taking off at HT in the game at OT last year as he was getting targeted and was really struggling.

Yes but he is on the bench now must be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/972184593574125573?s=19

This is where they got it from top class word twisting at its best.

xtal191 wrote: »

As off as hes been of late still much rather have him for such a big game.

Meh, if he's a risk then keep him for the Sevilla game.

I suspect from that article he is fine though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

If ye think carrick is poor when pressed, wait til we see smalling and lindelof who are poor when there is no one even near them

If ye think carrick is poor when pressed, wait til we see smalling and lindelof who are poor when there is no one even near them

Typical comment from you total side step of your original point.

Everyone knows they are bad that's why most would love to see Bailly play they are that bad but your solution is to throw in Carrick.

Wait do you think Carrick is an actual CB?

Everyone knows they are bad that's why most would love to see Bailly play they are that bad but your solution is to throw in Carrick.

Because i think ye are over playing the poor when pressed argument. He wouldnt have last 10 years at united playing midfield if it were remotely true

Wait do you think Carrick is an actual CB?

Did i say that? I said we could play a back 3 with carrick being the 3rd to drop in

Did i say that? I said we could play a back 3 with carrick being the 3rd to drop in

Oh right. Thats a worse suggestion than I thought you meant. Start a 36 year old midfielder in defence against an extremely quick attacking trio.......

Oh right. Thats a worse suggestion than I thought you meant. Start a 36 year old midfielder in defence against an extremely quick attacking trio.......

Again no, start at the base of midfield when we have the ball, drop into defence when we dont have the ball. Not that hard to understand

Ashley young left back against salah is a scary thought

Valencia----bailly
    smalling
    shaw

carrick

matic
    pogba

Rashford
    lukaku
    sanchez

Just couldn't be arsed it's not worth it.

• Advertisement

Valencia----bailly
    smalling
    shaw

carrick

matic
    pogba

Rashford
    lukaku
    sanchez

Id rather Fellaini in there instead of Carrick which says an awful lot about things! Also Lingard starts everyday ahead of Rashford in this kinda game and in most games based on current form.

Id rather see Rashford coming on and basing them in the second half.

Valencia----bailly
    smalling
    shaw

carrick

matic
    pogba

Rashford
    lukaku
    sanchez

Not a back three. If Carrick plays at the base he'll be picking up Firmino leaving Chamberlain/Lallana free. If Firmino is left to 2 CB's he'll pull one of them out so Salah/Mane has space to run into.

Not a back three. If Carrick plays at the base he'll be picking up Firmino leaving Chamberlain/Lallana free. If Firmino is left to 2 CB's he'll pull one of them out so Salah/Mane has space to run into.

How will ox/lallana be free? Matic and pogba are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Update on Pogba.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/972205551970127872

Not seen at The Lowry with the rest of the squad.

Update on Pogba.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/972205551970127872

Not seen at The Lowry with the rest of the squad.

Ahh ffs

Actually saying its a gash to his leg so at least its not a muscular injury. Id say he will be ok to play

'Neville: Bore draw unacceptable'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11282774

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Ahh ffs

Actually saying its a gash to his leg so at least its not a muscular injury. Id say he will be ok to play

Bet it was Phil Jones who caused the gash too 😂

So im hearing where back open for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Proper order it was one of the strangest ideas I've seen in a long while. Whatever mods thought that up shows they really didn't give a toss about the boards users.

Some United related breaking news at 1pm and you wouldn't be able to post it here until the game was over :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ahh ffs

Ate and probably off getting stitches or something so that’s why he wasn’t on the bus

Where gonna get a boring 0-0 now and there will be nothing worth talking about anyway :pac:.

Part of me was curious to see how the **** was gonna hit the fan if match thread was only one open but id imagine if things go a certain way it will happen anyway! You seen how certain people reacted today.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bender-im-back-baby-gif-9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hard to see this game being a 0-0 or low scoring draw. Expect a different United to turn up and the dangers of liverpools front 3 will meet the wall of DDG in his own domain.
    Big games needed from the backline and the whole team to be fair. Lukkaku to play a blinder with a goal and assist. The fortress of old trafford that Mourinho is trying to build hopefully comes to life.
    Never mind your london derby's, it's these two old industrilised cities up north which defiend derby's in english football.

Hope it's a cracker and i'll be buzzing for it matchday.

It's really not hard to see it as a nil all or low scoring draw. That's been the last few results, who knows....the first 20 minutes will tell a lot. If we start the way we have been starting it will not be a low scoring draw I am certain of that

astradave wrote: »
    Ate and probably off getting stitches or something so that’s why he wasn’t on the bus

I said you would be back by sunday.... sooner than expected :)

I said you would be back by sunday.... sooner than expected :)

Well it was a good outcome over the shït that went on earlier so ;)

Oh and.. you were wrong

*nelson.gif*

I'd love a really good game think we deserve one after how bad first game was!

Really don't expect us to go all out and hit them early. If we do have a go I'd imagine if game is tight we go for it in the second half.

I just don't want to see negative ****e. Where ahead of them in the league for a reason better manager better players better club we don't need to run scared from ****ing Liverpool. We didn't do it in thr past and we don't need to start now!

Tommorrw perfect chance for likes of Pogba and Sanchez to show there meant to be taken seriously at united. There's no better way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where ahead of them in the league for a reason better manager better players better club.

Jesus I wouldn't like to see what you had to say if United were more than 2 points a head :confused:

Lucky you have all those things that are better or both clubs could be neck and neck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

It's really not hard to see it as a nil all or low scoring draw. That's been the last few results, who knows....the first 20 minutes will tell a lot. If we start the way we have been starting it will not be a low scoring draw I am certain of that

Well if the players are not up for this match regardless of where the two teams are in the table they never will be for the bigger games to come. This was always 'THE' game of the season for both our clubs histories, just for the sheer excitement alone and what both set of fans looked forward to. Granted they've been piss poor the last few but im dying for the games of old where it would one of the best games of footie as a fan to watch.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Well if the players are not up for this match regardless of where the two teams are in the table they never will be for the bigger games to come. This was always 'THE' game of the season for both our clubs histories, just for the sheer excitement alone and what both set of fans looked forward to. Granted they've been piss poor the last few but im dying for the games of old where it would one of the best games of footie as a fan to watch.

The problem is that none of the players really understand the match as “The game of the season”. Nowadays it’s a lot different and I don’t think a lot of the players buy into that rivalry that was there, sure it’s a big one for the fans n that but most of the players were not even born when Liverpool last won the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Omg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement