Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Scott is playing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lukaku real team player he's on 99 goals and rather than glory hunting he is keying up the ball, Mata gonna get a slap on the head for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mata!!!!!!!

What the fûck were the pool cb’s doing? Under 5’s stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jose's reaction to that is so giffable. Genuinely hilarious, what a goal that would have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Nearly another Juan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »
    Scott is playing well

You meant Scotty T ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll concede before half-time, I know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hope that moment doesn't come back to haunt us. A third one will settle my nerves

Rashford needs to calm down.

McTominay looks the most composed of him and Matic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

GSPfan wrote: »
    McTominay looks the most composed of him and Matic.

Sarcasm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Young has been fantastic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I could do with Young taking a knock. Don’t think he’s adding anything in defence or attack.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Young has been fantastic

He really has done well I'd said much earlier to go with Shaw but damn it Young has been 10/10

Sanchez aside, great all round performance so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

GSPfan wrote: »
    I could do with Young taking a knock. Don’t think he’s adding anything in defence or attack.

Been excellent today imo

I'm just delighted for us to be winning a game 2-0 at half-time, never mind that it's against a rival.

By no means home and dry, but there was some very encouraging stuff from United in that half.

McTom and Mata playing well, Rashford having a dream out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

MrMac84 wrote: »

Scotty 2 Hottie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Julez wrote: »
    Scotty 2 Hottie?

Scotty McHottie?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sarcasm?

Not at all. I’ve never criticised him before so why would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MrMac84 wrote: »

Scotty T be like

6602689_white_rapper_mc_serch.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

pjohnson wrote: »
    Scotty McHottie?

Scotty McScottface?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What a half!! Brilliant from Rashford and apart from 1 VVD chance we look fairly solid at the back especially Young on that left.

Wonder what Jose will say and do in this second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We have only let in 6 PL goals at home this season.. three less than City, that’s an amazing stat even if we do concede today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He really has done well I'd said much earlier to go with Shaw but damn it Young has been 10/10

Ashley lives for these big games. Shaw should still be getting run outs in games like the Palace game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Glad I went to the pub now. Thank you virgin for blocking my iptv 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Sanchez not in the game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Great first half!

Have to say apart from some sloppy passing they have played as a team and really dug in on Liverpool not allowed them to play.

I think Pogba being out as being a blessing in the sense he would of tried to do it all himself.

Bailly has bossed it in defence but De Gea needs to find his voice ffs!

Lukaku has done a lot great work holding up ball and making most of constant long balls in. Really happy with Rashford to his finishing has been top class.

We have them at this stage but I'd imagine where in for few nervy moments yet.

No parking of the bus here DeGea bit sloppy in communication with defence but he started both moves for both goals, Rashford has been fantastic, team is showing confidence for the first time in ages, more of the same now in 2nd half please.

Ya Lukakua has been very good great to see a goal for him in the 2nd would top it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Ashley lives for these big games. Shaw should still be getting run outs in games like the Palace game.

I remember Young giving Dele Alli bangers when we beat Spurs. "Talk to me when you've won the Prem."

He loves a competitive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm just delighted for us to be winning a game 2-0 at half-time, never mind that it's against a rival.

By no means home and dry, but there was some very encouraging stuff from United in that half.

McTom and Mata playing well, Rashford having a dream out there.

To be honest, it is. I don't remember the last time Pool came back from 2 down. We blow leads, not recover them. Besides, Utd are playing very well and your defence is well on top. Also, we have Lovren who has been shambolic.

That first goal, Rashford ripped Trent AA's soul out.

Say what you like about direct, 'route one' football, but that was some beautiful skill and composure from Rashford.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Young in first half was great. Shaw would get caught ball watching.

In fact that is the big issue in second half now, tired minds don't start ball watching. Liverpool are great at ball movement and running into space. In first half United did a great job of pressing player in possession while others covered off runs to leave them little options.

All it will take is one player to have a second thought about the press or one player to not cover a run. It is the big risk with this style of football.

United took advantage of the weakness in Liverpools style (exposed defence) though which was vital in the first half. Might need another one.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    To be honest, it is. I don't remember the last time Pool came back from 2 down. We blow leads, not recover them. Besides, Utd are playing very well and your defence is well on top. Also, we have Lovren who has been shambolic.

They get one goal and whole game changes.

Don’t want to jinx it but we can’t lose it from here. Most important thing about us so far is a really good performance coupled with a great scoreline. That’s rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Same again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Liverpool midfield is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Very happy with that. I thought we would struggle to create chances but in truth we should be further ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

:eek:

Wonder what Jose will say and do in this second half

ActualGranularHerculesbeetle.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lukaku's celebration for the second goal was gas.

fyfe79 wrote: »

We should have it won, but I'm not getting too carried away yet.

It would be just United's luck to have a 2-0 lead turned into a defeat, in the game after we turned a 2-0 losing position into a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sanchez not in the game at all.
    He's still working his socks off though. I think he's the perfect fit to sit ahead of the Matic and McTominay.

We're playing with much more intensity than we did in our first halves against Chelsea and Palace.

It's been a really good performance. Very similar approach to when we visited anfield. Difference being that we've looked a lot better when we do go forward.

I think if mata scores there where home an dry but it's not over yet unfortunately.

If there's one thing there good at its putting pressure on teams and pushing for goal. So far we have stopped most of there play so hopefully we can keep that up.

Bailly and Young have been massive part of that. Smalling in there with Lindelof and Liverpool would of had at least one by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

First half couldn't have went much better. Scouse will try and not us hard and fast early doors so we cannot fall asleep. Should be the ideal set up for us, they have to push forward leaving space behind for Rom and Rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

S.M.B. wrote: »
    He's still working his socks off though. I think he's the perfect fit to sit ahead of the Matic and McTominay.

We're playing with much more intensity than we did in our first halves against Chelsea and Palace.

It's been a really good performance. Very similar approach to when we visited anfield. Difference being that we've looked a lot better when we do go forward.

He's definitely working hard, never much doubt about that. Just seems like nothing is breaking for him today. Should have had an assist for Mata's chance though.

Jaysus I'd ate the fúck out of a Wendy's double-stack right now.

Makes you think though is Pogba suited to the team long term?

Everything has to be about him and be built around him and today it's been all about the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jaysus I'd ate the fúck out of a Wendy's double-stack right now.

Girlfriend saw the ad and was like "where is that? :eek:", should have seen the disappointment when I said America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I mentioned RAWK yesterday in the thread lock fiasco. They've locked their match thread already. The Klopp tactics thread followed soon after. :):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement