Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Young was fantastic.

Mata is just so silky.

McT was super.

Bailly other than the og was excellent.

Just a fantastic team performance from the get go.

The "best attacking team in the league" didn't trouble our keeper once.

Says it all.

They can shove Klopp up their respective holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What a game **** it heavy on the heart though!!

Have to say great team performance very unlucky to of even let one in.

You have to say only for Baiilys mistake we get the clean sheet.

Some very very hard work by the team there. No ones had a bad game really even Sanchez its not coming off for him going forward mostly but he worked very hard and broke up the ball in our favour plenty.

Oh im ****ing delighted with that because they can say absolutely nothing to that we didnt play negatively we beat them fair and square!!!

I was worried we might let it slip in that second half, but delighted to get out with the win. Bailly was very unfortunate for the own goal, but both he and the team are lucky that he finished the game. I really thought he was gone, and potentially crocked, when he went down after the goal.

That's two good home wins against Chelsea and Liverpool, will take two more please against Seville and Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sounds like the United players are enjoying the win ha ha

All gloating aside, That win pretty much solidifies top 4 which was most important.

Allows full focus on trying to get past Sevilla and go hard for the FA cup.

Now is almost the best part because we get to watch the melt down of pure bitterness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bret Hart wrote: »
    The run continues. 27 games on the bounce now we've won whenever we score first. We've also not thrown the lead away once on this run.

Another stat I came across. We've not lost a game under Jose when we score first.

If only we could just be able too win more from losing positions,we'd be close too putting in a good challenge for the two top prizes.

Make that 28 now.

Where was Salah?
    Have you seen mane mane
    Cant find firminio
    They should have kept Couthinoooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pats beat Bohs - Check
    United beat Scouers - Check
    Ireland beat Scotland - In play

This hangover is actually lovely.

giphy.gif

I was worried we might let it slip in that second half, but delighted to get out with the win. Bailly was very unfortunate for the own goal, but both he and the team are lucky that he finished the game. I really thought he was gone, and potentially crocked, when he went down after the goal.

That's two good home wins against Chelsea and Liverpool, will take two more please against Seville and Brighton.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5528365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Bar a couple of long range efforts from Firminio did DeGea have a save to make?
    Utterly brilliant defensive performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now is almost the best part because we get to watch the melt down of pure bitterness!!

We even had to score for them too.

Tactically, while stats like 36% posession don't look great, we had answers for nearly everything they did. I like Klopp but he's so hilariously one dimensional. Jose changed the game with the Fellaini sub when we were struggling. Klopp ended exactly as he started.

Bailly mistake was only thing that made that defense look bad all day.

The corners are what had us under constant pressure.

Sit back now and wallow in Sourness and his misery.

:D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We even had to score for them too.

Tactically, while stats like 36% posession don't look great, we had answers for nearly everything they did. I like Klopp but he's so hilariously one dimensional. Jose changed the game with the Fellaini sub when we were struggling. Klopp ended exactly as he started.

He got away with what I'd imagine Jose would of been sent to the stands for as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The few saves DDG made would be made by any kid on an U16 team. Not one proper chance to test him.

He got away with what I'd imagine Jose would of been sent to the stands for as well.

Ah here, he didn't kick a bottle though, then he might have gotten into trouble.

Ah here, he didn't kick a bottle though, then he might have gotten into trouble.

Could of killed someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sit back now and wallow in Sourness and his misery.

:D

He’s at it already.

Carragher the voice of reason. I have to say I have a lot of time for his opinions.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/btsportscore/status/972478573121560579

Manchester United are officially the only top-six side Mohamed Salah cannot score against in the Premier League this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Mourinho and Pogba getting on well anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I come in peace......

I know it will be totally different when we are up against one of the top clubs but fuk it I'm happy with that performance again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Boys against men today and the boys won great game to watch very confident football for the most part, Rashford, Young and Smalling all did fantastic job, McTominay back on track, Lukaku showed lots of responsibility and care today for the team and result, future captain hope Fellaini sticks around for another year he is like a brick wall when he gets a game like this you have to climb over him or knock him down to stop him. Mata subbed again he did great today,good fun as always round here regardless of the result but that was great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It sort of feels like the last 3 games have been all about the team showing great character and grinding out wins. It’s a great foundation on which to build success.

I’ve said it several times over the last few weeks but I see a clear upward trend. I really think Jose is starting to stamp his thing and most importantly the team are beginning to buy into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Boys against men today and the boys won great game to watch very confident football for the most part, Rashford, Young and Smalling all did fantastic job, McTominay back on track, Lukaku showed lots of responsibility and care today for the team and result, future captain hope Fellaini sticks around for another year he is like a brick wall when he gets a game like this you have to climb over him or knock him down to stop him. Mata subbed again he did great today,good fun as always round here regardless of the result but that was great too.

Boys against men and the boys won????

• Advertisement

Sevilla (H)
    Brighton (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Swansea (H)

4 games we should be winning. Going to have some momemntum going into the City game then, even if its at the Etihad.

Drumpot wrote: »
    It sort of feels like the last 3 games have been all about the team showing great character and grinding out wins. It’s a great foundation on which to build success.

I’ve said it several times over the last few weeks but I see a clear upward trend. I really think Jose is starting to stamp his thing and most importantly the team are beginning to buy into it.

They need to find Pogba and Sanchez s beat places in the team. If two them play to there full abilities where good enough to win the league.

They had fun playing and won, Alan Hansen you can't win with kids, sure you can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

At work so missed the game, gonna enjoy motd tonight, please tell me souness was on the panel and tell me he is bitter as **** hahahah

Mourinho and Pogba getting on well anyway :)

What’s that about?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    At work so missed the game, gonna enjoy motd tonight, please tell me souness was on the panel and tell me he is bitter as **** hahahah

Switched off soon as game was finished. Couldn't give a toss what all there ex players have to say. Sure can just watch Ireland match instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They need to find Pogba and Sanchez s beat places in the team. If two them play to there full abilities where good enough to win the league.

I still think we need a Bale/Griezman/Hazard type to go toe to toe with City. Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think Sanchez is that player...

Anyone know why klopp didn't play salah today?????

Hococop wrote: »

He is seething.

Proper seething.

Nothing but VERY back handed compliments for United.

That would be a dream.

My concern is that Pogba is struggling to fit into whatever role he is being asked to do and maybe he isn’t disciplined to do what Jose wants. I’m not slagging Pogba but Jose has quoted Matic as the professional example of the team. Then there is some sort of Insinuation from Woodward from somewhere that Jose will be backed over any player. If he didn’t say it the extension of Jose’s contract certainly implied it.

I hope Pogba and Jose can sort out whatever is going on but I’m not convinced it’s all roses in the garden.

Pogba just gatecrashed Jose post match interview to shake his hand wtf anyone see this yet?

He is seething.

Proper seething.

Nothing but VERY back handed compliments for United.

Haha he said Liverpool dominated midfield.

They had a good 20 minute spell in the second half and did **** all.

Pogba just gatecrashed Jose post match interview to shake his hand wtf anyone see this yet?

Really? Where was that ?

Looks like my post on Pogba and Jose not getting on was spot on so! :)

I still think we need a Bale/Griezman/Hazard type to go toe to toe with City. Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think Sanchez is that player...

I dunno its hard to see where he's playing right now. He's chopping and changing and doesn't seem to have confidence in doing what he's best at yet.

He works very very hard but he's meant to be an attacking force not someone who chases people down and wins us back the ball.

I really think Martial or even Rashford is going to be our Bale/Griezmann type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

They dominated posession. They dominated corners.

That's about all they dominated today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/btsportscore/status/972478573121560579

Manchester United are officially the only top-six side Mohamed Salah cannot score against in the Premier League this season.

23nwzp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

They dominated posession. They dominated corners.

That's about all they dominated today.

2648dl.jpg

Delighted with that footage. That puts my concerns about Pogba and Jose To bed....
    until the next time and I will panic... again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lads do ye know if the match thread is open, want to go in and have a chat?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jayo26 wrote: »

I blame Sky for or putting him on. He's an embarrassment when it comes to United. I have no problem with pundits slating United as they have deserved it plenty over the last few seasons but he is blinded by the hate.

When's it's others teams he can be alright to listen to.

Was great to be able to chat during the match in here without any stupid conflict.

Glad we where given that chance!!

yabadabado wrote: »
    I blame Sky for or putting him on. He's an embarrassment when it comes to United. I have no problem with pundits slating United as they have deserved it plenty over the last few seasons but he is blinded by the hate.

They have enough ex Liverpool lads on the Sky team to put a team together at this stage.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »

Watching Carragher and him are chalk and cheese.

Jamie is much more balanced in everything. He gets alot of stick from sections of fans because he doesn't tow the company line.

Loved Joses interview.

I don't care, I don't care!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement