Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Let Liverpool "dominate" midfield ta fúck.

We dominated the scoreboard 2-0.

Do you get the 3pts for possession or scoreboard?

Same problem when people go on about LVG days. Efficiency is what matters. We were more efficient when we had the ball and got the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sevilla (H)
    Brighton (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Swansea (H)

4 games we should be winning. Going to have some momemntum going into the City game then, even if its at the Etihad.

Has the West Ham away game been given a date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im over the ****ing moon

go wan Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pjohnson wrote: »
    Let Liverpool "dominate" midfield ta fúck.

We dominated the scoreboard 2-0.

Do you get the 3pts for possession or scoreboard?

Exactly.

And this ties in with what Jamie Carrager and shermingham are saying. Jose has won everything with his pragmatic tactics and united are now looking good for 2nd in league. Why should united fans be upset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The bitterness with Souness is pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I think Souness is about to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha souness is really losing it in studio now haha some bitter man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jamie Carragher fighting our corner against Souness

Jaysus Souness is miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Headshot wrote: »

He is trying his best not to hop out of his chair in rage.

It's glorious.

Headshot wrote: »

Souness be like

MzimssU.gif

• Advertisement

Carragher has normally been good enough. If hes with Gary he can be a bit arséy but generally seems ok.

They dominated posession. They dominated corners.

That's about all they dominated today.

They won everything except a game.

Mou the ultimate football pragmatist. Lose everything but win the game. Admirable.

Jose in flying form great to see

I know some of ye said about Scott and how good he was today but I think he was just fantastic.

I defended him Here couple weeks ago when people complained about him not showing any sorth of class or anythimg but today was what he does best.

He is like a young Carrick in the making and I don't mean that lightly he doesn't do anything fancy or try steal the limelight he plays simple balls and protects the back four breaking up play around him.

Some of his passing today was like a player of 27 years of age he just has a fantastic football brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I have a bit of a soft spot for souness, it was him who as a manager started liverpools decline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They won everything except a game.

Mou the ultimate football pragmatist. Lose everything but win the game. Admirable.

The score United won that's what matters.

United played well today and they could of had 3 or 4. Yes we didn't batter them in an attacking master class but even trying to do that today would of played perfectly into there hands.

That's why it was great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Sourness :D:D:D:D:D

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know some.of ye said about Scott and how good he was today but I think he was just fantastic.

I defended hi. Here couple weeks ago when people complained about him not showing any sorth of class or anythimg but today was what he does best.

He is like a young Carrick in the making and I don't mean that lightly he doesn't do anything fancy or try steal the limelight he plays simple balls and protects the back four breaking up play around him.

Some of his passing today was like a player of 27 years of age he just has a fantastic football brain.

I've stood by him aswell. He's easy to miss during games but he has a very mature head on his shoulders

Anybody else get an extra shot of buzz when they realize:

1. Can look forward to MOTD highlights
    2. That we can sit back and enjoy whatever else happens for the rest of the weekend without a care
    3. Besting Liverpool is #sweetasf*ck

Jose in flying form great to see

“3 points, I don’t care what anyone says”
    :pac:

• Advertisement

I loved Rashford’s first. The power of it. Boooooom!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read that as "fist" and did a double take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Delighted with the WIN over pool, Rashers can deliver when given the chance, 2 well taken goals and he's still a nipper :) Was watching it in Carroll's in lucan after the grandsons footy training. The barman only went and switched to the Egg chasing yoke of a game with 23 min to go, actually missed the pool goal. All the Egg chaser fans were fapping about with their phones, so i got the barman to ditch the Egg chasing till the 88th min of the footy.

• Absolutely buzzing

Super win

The cockiness of all the Liverpool fans makes this even sweeter

More beer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pjohnson wrote: »
    Carragher has normally been good enough. If hes with Gary he can be a bit arséy but generally seems ok.

Its because he knows that a good debate should have some balance. When Gary is there, he has the awareness to fight the opposite side of him so that there's actual debates happening. And he's doing it with Souness as well. He's actually a very good personality, even if he argues against our side from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just for you.

https://streamable.com/m5rlh

Drumpot wrote: »
    2. That we can sit back and enjoy whatever else happens for the rest of the weekend without a care

Not used to 12:30 Saturday games, but it's amazing being able to kick back and watch games now, happy in the knowledge that whatever happens, we got ours anyway.

ive-had-my-fun-and-thats-all-that-matters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Absolutely buzzing

Super win

The cockiness of all the Liverpool fans makes this even sweeter

More beer!

Where it comes from,I don't quite know. There team ****s the bed,when it comes too facing Utd at OT. They've a long history of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

And feckin Ireland just made it a bleedin double!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

“3 points, I don’t care what anyone says”
    :pac:

I never understand why people get so worked up about playing football the 'right way'.

The right way is the one that wins the match.

Sure United make too many mistakes with easy passes and the like but results are clearly going the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Where it comes from,I don't quite know. There team ****s the bed,when it comes too facing Utd at OT. They've a long history of it.

It's called delusion.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I never understand why people get so worked up about playing football the 'right way'.

The right way is the one that wins the match.

Sure United make too many mistakes with easy passes and the like but results are clearly going the right way.

I can see why it frustrates people. Especially when the method doesn't work. Its why you see a barrage from certain posters the first game we lose. Let's not pretend there's not still issues to address with the style of play.

But it is working in terms of league position, despite a few poor performances and games. And this and the Chelsea win have got me convinced that we've got second wrapped up this season now. We 100% have top 4 wrapped up. And given that I do believe we've seen a massive improvement this year compared to last, I'm excited to see what comes next season too.

Still major issues with the team but I'm happy we are moving in the right direction.

Plenty of deadwood still needs swapping out for players Jose wants.

Second place, a good run into CL semi finals and FA Cup would be a good end to season now imo.

Very surprised how today went on the SF actually, don’t think it could have gone better and the three threads haven’t had much trolling at all in them. A bit of bragging rights on the matchthread that’s about it but was always expected

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Very surprised how today went on the SF actually, don’t think it could have gone better and the three threads haven’t had much trolling at all in them. A bit of bragging rights on the matchthread that’s about it but was always expected

Same here there was no influx into the pool thread which is the way it should be we are a classy bunch when we want to be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

jayo26 wrote: »
    Same here there was no influx into the pool thread which is the way it should be we are a classy bunch when we want to be ;)

02ojvRY.gif

Yeah not the animals some mods must think we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

edgecutter wrote: »
    Sourness :D:D:D:D:D

Whats he saying, im in the pub so cant hear him. No doubt somehow criticising us

• Advertisement

Salah just looking at him going “ I just witnessed the GOAT”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Thought every single 11 of the team were excellent today. Can't fault one of them.

Mctominey: This kid looks a diamomd, nothing fancy, doing the right things all the time with such a cool head. Part in the game we were on the break, didnt see a pass and passed it back and the crowd didnt like it. I thought he was right to keep possesion. Maturity beyond his age for the game. Matic must be a brilliant partner for him.

Rashford: What can we say about this manchester youngster. Delighted that we have someone from the city, thats a local lad and plays for the badge everytime. He's only going to get better and delighted for him for him today.

Lukaku: I love this guy, he's a had a dip with bot scoring but he has tried tried and tried in every game he's played. Can never fault him for commitment. For a new club and team he's taken the frontman role brilliantly and seems to know what it is about to be a man utd player. When we were supposedly in for morata, lukaku has silenced his critics imo.

Sanchez: Was up and down today, but i think after the summer we'll see the sanchez of old and he'll be a new player next season. His always going forward is great even though it doesnt always pay off.

Bailly: Apart from the OG he was phenomanal today, big, strong, quick and defends brilliantly. His reading of the game when were being pressed is fantastic. Big big fan of his

Mata: The special Juan :D

Young: Had salah in his pocket all day, did some job today. He was very good and the performance speaks for itself so not much to say except good fkin job.

Well done lads

Had a few pints, buzzing about the win!

If anyone wants a laugh West Ham are fúcking melting.

I hold my hands up, I was absolutely wrong in the summer by saying we should go for Morata over Lukaku, I’m a big Morata fan and do think he will come good when he gets a bit of confidence going, just maybe not at Chelsea. Lukaku on the other hand has been immense and even when he is not scoring he runs endlessly and creates openings for others..

Absolutely delighted I got it so so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Get caught in possession immediately after it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Get caught in possession immediately after it though.

You ruin _everything_

https://twitter.com/TheThrill1513/status/972483154677149697

This kid knew what was about to happen.

• Get caught in possession immediately after it though.

Ah lad, would ya cheer up ffs

Be happy at that win Jesus

I'd buy ya a whiskey if I could, have a laugh and a smile

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement