Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

bangkok wrote: »
    Ref didnt give it but on looking at a replay fellaini took him out of it. Kicked mane and didnt win the ball

Lampard would be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ref didnt give it but on looking at a replay fellaini took him out of it. Kicked mane and didnt win the ball

You do get a lot of stick here, and i used to think why, but clearly you thrive on it. Absolute nonsense

Didnt have to think to hard though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lampard would be proud.

Lampard? What are you on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lampard? What are you on about

He is on MOTD doing what you are doing. Talking shoite.

GSPfan wrote: »
    He is on MOTD doing what you are doing. Talking shoite.

Oh ok

• Advertisement

• Love Mctominey
    Love Rashford
    Love Utd
    Hate Liverpool

Night folks

Mctominay has been brilliant for a while now. Great to see another come through the system

Mctominay has been brilliant for a while now. Great to see another come through the system

But...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Love this

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Watched Rashfords first goal a few more times since the match jesus it was something special.

Hes been a bit off the boil at times this season and has found it hard to get into the team but the lad is a serious serious talent. If we look after him and Martial theres potential there for both of them to become amazing top level players for the club.

During commentary on sky at some point either before or after his second goal Neville was speaking about people doubting his future at the club. I really wanted him to throw a further few digs in especially towards the likes of Jamie Redknapp whos been doing nothing but spouting ****e saying his place was gone with Sanchez in and he needs to move on for Englands sake.

Bet they where bitter as **** to see him win the game for a team id imagine most of them hate deep down.

Rashers and Martial both becoming world class, thank the gods rashers is a local lad as i see Martial being tempted by the spaniards

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rashers and Martial both becoming world class, thank the gods rashers is a local lad as i see Martial being tempted by the spaniards

Being a local lad and playing for your boyhood club infront of 60 plus thousand must be a dream, which was taken
    Lingard needs to be in that bracket.
    They make a serious impact as well
    Delighted for the two lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It’s the same oul story if Plan A doesn’t work then instead of reverting to Plan B they blame the opposition for not coming out and attacking them. The real problem is the lack of a Plan B from the gaffer

Ah, the Guardiola playbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

After seeing the replay its 100% a peno. Makes the win all the better

Oh Jesus you disagree with everyone here I’m soooooo shocked

Oh Jesus you disagree with everyone here I’m soooooo shocked

'Unique'

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Love Mctominey
    Love Rashford
    Love Utd
    Hate Liverpool

Night folks

That’s a big 13 hour shift you put in Mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Being a local lad and playing for your boyhood club infront of 60 plus thousand must be a dream, which was taken
    Lingard needs to be in that bracket.
    They make a serious impact as well
    Delighted for the two lads

this is cool

spiralism wrote: »
    Ah, the Guardiola playbook.

Mmm WHAT?

scudzilla wrote: »

Had a kick about +1 straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

astradave wrote: »
    Best LB in the world after Marcelo imo..

Nowhere near as good going forward though. Marcelo is leagues ahead of nearly every left back offensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I've taken my time and slept on it and looked at the challenges again. None are stonewall pens and tbh the only one I have sympathy for is the Young challenge on Salah. Any such challenges penalised in such a big game would be a very brave decision imo.

On second viewing I'm incensed at the Lovren foul and if they don't investigate it further I have no respect at all for the process. Its nasty and deliberate and he knew what he was doing. Ffs if Fellaini did that I can imagine the headlines today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Looking at the fellaini one, not a peno, mane sticks his leg out no where near the ball, I've watched different angles and it just looks like a tangling of legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Marcus Rashford is a Red.
    He's a Manc born and bred.
    He hates scousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ya I've no idea why mane tripping Fellaini should be a peno for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Always someone else fault sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Kirby wrote: »
    Nowhere near as good going forward though. Marcelo is leagues ahead of nearly every left back offensively.

Yep that’s why I put Marcelo there.. Love Marcelo, unbelievable player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The league is done and has been for 2 months imo

But what a fantastic way to lift the mood by stuffing that lot 🤣

Gotta love it as it’s like a soap opera “we are gonna win the league 🤣🤣🤣🤣”

#agentstevieg

• Totally worth the hangover

• Advertisement

Lads seriously this is what I think of the penalty claims and rashford should of been off claims!!!!

1484423401188.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

You can see on his face as he fell to the ground that he knew he fouled Fellaini :D

MOTD rushed through the highlights last night,if Pool had won the programme would have probably been extended an hour

Bad week for the media,Spurs getting knocked out of the CL and Jose doing a job on Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Haven’t been this excited about sitting down and watching MOTD highlights in a long long time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hugely negative evaluation of United yesterday on Sunday supplement.

Yesterday hurt a few people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just watching highlights again:

- young was superb
    - Mctominey was bee good and very clever with possession, winning a few clever frees
    - Lukaku is really settling into a leading role
    - Fellani on for rashford was a hugely important tactical decision that should be lauded
    - DDG had nothing to do for the whole game
    -Jose looks extremely comfortable as manager. This makes me happy. I think the backing Woodward is giving him is allowing him to flourish. I wouldn’t be a big fan of Woodward but if he is supporting Jose like it looks, then he’s doing a good job for his manager.
    - Pogba being injured actually helped the team and yet Pogba showed he’s happy for the team. Now we just need to figure out how to fit Pogba into it!
    - BBC can f**k off with their trimmed down highlights

Kills media to give united any credit...

Repost

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/972499647834083328

Excellent from Robbie Savage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You can see on his face as he fell to the ground that he knew he fouled Fellaini :D

MOTD rushed through the highlights last night,if Pool had won the programme would have probably been extended an hour

Bad week for the media,Spurs getting knocked out of the CL and Jose doing a job on Klopp

I think BBC are limited in the highlights they can show for games that were on live TV in UK.

Thought Lampard was fair and good in his view of the game. I did not agree with his view on peno but thought he was giving a real opinion and not bitter like others are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Repost

The one counter argument to that is that we spend a lot more than Spurs. Pochettino is getting more than the sum of his parts. Mourinho probably isn't.

That being said, the criticism of Jose and United has been Twilight Zone **** this season. And Pochettino has shown no indication that he can operate with the budget and egos at a club like Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Repost

Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Paul Ince, John Hartson, Chris Sutton and Michael Owen... All were great players but awful pundits. They make Robbie Savage the sensible one on bt sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Repost

Excellent and Robbie Savage in the same sentence is something I never thought I'd see, let alone agree with. Good stuff

• Advertisement

Ive no idea what Savage is saying, he’s very hard to lipread :D but can anyone give me the rundown?

Also can’t wait till united do the all the angles video of that first Rashford goal! Gets better every time I see it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Best LB in the world after Marcelo imo..

Its funny, i dont disagree with you at all. Well alongside Alaba
    its just funny as there is a massive gap between Marcelo and Sandro

On a separate note, who is the best RB around
    I know Alves is still highly rated but i dont know if id say the best
    I'd have Carvajal/Walker probably ahead of him with Valencia not far behind, which i find funny as i thought a few years ago Valencia was finished at United :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ive no idea what Savage is saying, he’s very hard to lipread :D but can anyone give me the rundown?

That everyone says Poch > Jose, but United are way above Spurs in the league, with more goals scored, less goals conceded, still in the FA Cup and likely about to hit the Quarters of the CL too.

Rashfords first goal was very Ronaldo like, chop and then powerful strike to corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Nice to see Savage highlight the media bias. When klopp lost the plot yesterday and went down the touchline roaring and playing up to the cameras, i was sure the ref was going to send him to the stands. But just a talking to and no mention of it after. Mourinho got banned for kicking a water bottle and made headlines all over. Klopp and guardiola are the media darlings and can do no wrong

irishman86 wrote: »
    Its funny, i dont disagree with you at all. Well alongside Alaba
    its just funny as there is a massive gap between Marcelo and Sandro

On a separate note, who is the best RB around
    I know Alves is still highly rated but i dont know if id say the best
    I'd have Carvajal/Walker probably ahead of him with Valencia not far behind, which i find funny as i thought a few years ago Valencia was finished at United :o

Mendy is up there too though i wonder if he will come back the same from that injury

For RB Azpilicueta. Though he doesn’t play there much anymore.. :D
    I dunno in fairness, Carvajal and Walker are great offensively but I think their defending let’s them down as being the best..

Though FB’s in general have been a let down these days.. there is no real stand out anymore apart from Marcelo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Nice to see Savage highlight the media bias. When klopp lost the plot yesterday and went down the touchline roaring and playing up to the cameras, i was sure the ref was going to send him to the stands. But just a talking to and no mention of it after. Mourinho got banned for kicking a water bottle and made headlines all over. Klopp and guardiola are the media darlings and can do no wrong

When the linesman called the ref over I thought he was surely going to take action. But no, just a quick chat and nothing else.

Even if it isn't intentional it does look like some managers are treated differently to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Owryan wrote: »
    When the linesman called the ref over I thought he was surely going to take action. But no, just a quick chat and nothing else.

Even if it isn't intentional it does look like some managers are treated differently to others.

Personally I thought the linesman looked disgusted at the ref's stance as it made him look petty for calling him over. No doubt in my mind he wanted action against Klopp.

• Nice to see Savage highlight the media bias. When klopp lost the plot yesterday and went down the touchline roaring and playing up to the cameras, i was sure the ref was going to send him to the stands. But just a talking to and no mention of it after. Mourinho got banned for kicking a water bottle and made headlines all over. Klopp and guardiola are the media darlings and can do no wrong

I would add Pochettino to that list

Speaking of media darlings;

The 'pundits' are paid to try and give some form of honest assessment and you should at least expect some sort of professionalism.

Souness was an absolute embarrassment to Sky yesterday

The agenda was simply upset, but what better way to block the eyes and ears by downplaying the tactical masterclass on show yesterday from Jose

It made me giggle :D

Owryan wrote: »

Even the commentators dismissed it as a passionate period of the game. Jose got done for putting one foot outside of his technical area by stepping on pitch next week pep goes and runs onto the pitch.

Why always us hahaha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement