Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Even the commentators dismissed it as a passionate period of the game. Jose got done for putting one foot outside of his technical area by stepping on pitch next week pep goes and runs onto the pitch.

Why always us hahaha

Jose got his dig in with his "media darlings" comments post match. :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Souness did a Mike Summerbee on it yesterday :D

Sooner Sky and the rest of the TV stations let him off out to grass the better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »
    Rashfords first goal was very Ronaldo like, chop and then powerful strike to corner.

I call it a FIFA goal haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Repost

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/972499647834083328

Excellent from Robbie Savage!

Jose OUT!

Potch IN!

Oh wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It's a pity mata didn't score from the overhead yeasterday, that would have been a thing of beauty. Possibly the best pass/cross valencia has ever played to land it at sanchez's toe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's a pity mata didn't score from the overhead yeasterday, that would have been a thing of beauty. Possibly the best pass/cross valencia has ever played to land it at sanchez's toe

The build up to that goal warranted a goal by itself.. brilliant play it was and great vision by Sanchez, that’s what he is there to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mata was brilliant yesterday. Did some amount of off the ball running

zve3SO5.jpg

Liverpool who "are better than us" haven't beaten us in the league since 2014 and only won twice in the last dozen games.

Btw,I now know why I don't watch motd anymore,I watched the pitiful highlights they had last night,even Klopps impersonation of Davy Fitzgerald charging down the line was shown out of context and they spoke about it as if they hadn't seen the game at all. Nothing about Lovren lunging twice at Fellaini or his elbow into the back of McTominay's neck.

• Advertisement

Blind for Kluivert is the story doing the rounds this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think kluivert is nailed on to move it was obvious last summer after UEFA cup final. The only thing that confused me is he mostly plays on the left aswel where do we fit them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Patrick Kluivert in exchange for Danny Blind? Good call I say!:pac:

236full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

City should resign Boyata :)

Kluivert will end up at Barca if he’s as good as they say he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

City should resign Boyata :)

Having a ‘Mare

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Having a ‘Mare

One of the worst individual defensive performances I’ve seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Patrick Kluivert in exchange for Danny Blind? Good call I say!:pac:

236full.jpg

Now that I think, we've a bit of a tradition of signing sons of Dutch legends who are not quite as good as their dads. Maybe Kluivert will buck this...

Now that I think, we've a bit of a tradition of signing sons of Dutch legends who are not quite as good as their dads. Maybe Kluivert will buck this...

If he was even as good itd be amazing thats if we sign him :) always had a soft spot for jordi mind you

Mkhi’s shackles are off again I see

astradave wrote: »
    Mkhi’s shackles are off again I see

Helping Wenger get a new contract, good man agent Mkhi.

• Advertisement

Lukaku after Rashford's second goal.

Manchester-United-fans-loved-what-Romelu-Lukaku-did-when-Marcus-Rashford-scored-second-against-Liver.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lukaku WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

He seriously was such a team player yesterday very responsible role bossing more than one player to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He is celebrating goals scored by his team mates with 10 times the passion he was celebrating his own a few months ago.

That was such a weird little period and I'm glad it's in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

S.M.B. wrote: »
    He is celebrating goals scored by his team mates with 10 times the passion he was celebrating his own a few months ago.

That was such a weird little period and I'm glad it's in the past.

He said he gets more joy setting up goals for his team then scoring himself near thing he is going to tell us he does charity work.

• Just when I thought I had ran out of laughter Spurs take the lead

Brilliant

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just when I thought I had ran out of laughter Spurs take the lead

Brilliant

On the weekend Liverpool wanted to go second, they actually drop to forth. Brilliant.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On the weekend Liverpool wanted to go second, they actually drop to forth. Brilliant.

But but I thought we were collapsing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

limnam wrote: »
    But but I thought we were collapsing ?

Rumours of our collapse were greatly exaggerated.

• Advertisement

So happy I'm a United fan. You fukers be some unbearable if I wasn't haha.

I thought that was McTominay's best performance for the senior team yet.

In games before yesterday's, I thought he was solid and did what was asked of him at a time when we were scarce on CMs. Yesterday though, rather than being a 'sure he'll do until others return' option, I saw him laying down a claim for his own place in the team.

Apart from the result and McTominay's performance, I'm happy that...

- Bailly is back available for selection. I really can't fault him too much for the OG and it was great to see him get back on his feet and see out the game uninjured.

- Fellaini is back available for selection. I thought he did well when he came on yesterday. If he had been penalised for that clash with Mane in the box, both he and United would have been very unfortunate there.

I didn't think Fellaini would be back from knee surgery until at least the end of March, and it seems that's when most were expecting to see him again. Including Jose, just listen to what Jose has to say here at 6:43...

Jose: "Before the game I ask Marouane, how many minutes can you give me? 10, 15, 20 max? He told me 'The minutes you want'."

That doesn't sound like a player who is just looking to protect himself and have an easy ride until the World Cup and a possible transfer out of United in the Summer. That sounds like a player who wanted to participate in one our most heated games of the season, and was willing to put his recovery on the line to help the team.

OG aside, I thought Bailly was class for someone starting their first game after a long lay off.

I hope he can keep himself fit now, one of the first names on the team sheet for me. And he’s a gas f*cker too, has that bit of craziness about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

OG aside, I thought Bailly was class for someone starting their first game after a long lay off.

I hope he can keep himself fit now, one of the first names on the team sheet for me. And he’s a gas f*cker too, has that bit of craziness about him.

If jones could keep fit they'd make some CB duo. Vidic and rio ilk.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Are they still top in the alternative league?

Using a formula that Steven Hawking would have trouble with, they won each of the last five leagues in the could have, should have, would have alternative universe.
    I hear there's a book coming out again to celebrate the fleeting moment they went second. They dared to dream, again.

Any sign of Mitch after he said we'd lose 3-1?

I was going to check, but I've idea what formula to use

Possession + corners + :confused::confused::confused:

:pac:

Duckworth Lewis method seemingly comes into play if they not top.

You forgot xg multiplied by xpenalties + woodwork hit. This gives you the goal difference. You divide the total by 2 and then multiply it by the amount we bribe refs with to get a points total.

• Advertisement

From the mind of a RAWKite, Scouse logic at it's finest.

"3 stonewall penalties turned down. We would of scored all 3, so INTELLIGENT fans know the true result was 4-2 and we are now 2nd. The PL is rigged against us".

Can we talk about champions league? Yesterday is history now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Lads any advice on the flight coming home after the Brighton game I see only a10pm flight ! How are people planning on getting home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is there any animated gif of Bailly's ridiculously strong shoulder to shoulder challenge that put a Liverpool player flying right in front of the linesman? Didn't even get the luxury of a replay during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

From the mind of a RAWKite, Scouse logic at it's finest.

"3 stonewall penalties turned down. We would of scored all 3, so INTELLIGENT fans know the true result was 4-2 and we are now 2nd. The PL is rigged against us".

So Donald Trump supports Liverpool

• Lads any advice on the flight coming home after the Brighton game I see only a10pm flight ! How are people planning on getting home

TBH Saturday evening game, you had best stay in the Preimer Inn or something and fly home in the morning

Check flights from Liverpool either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads any advice on the flight coming home after the Brighton game I see only a10pm flight ! How are people planning on getting home

Fly outta pool or Birmingham on the Sat is best bet! If the flights early go straight from club to airport and sleep there

*great to have you posting again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Any sign of Mitch after he said we'd lose 3-1?

Waiting for the next defeat so I can say told you so, late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think they are joint top with Man city from the 10th of January to the 5th of March, and to be fair to them, that's what people will remember in years from now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement