Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Lord TSC wrote: »

Not savoury but carragher seems like he'd have to be pushed to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Could get sacked. Whether he appears tomorrow night on Monday night football will reveal what Sky feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads that's scummy from carragher unless something happened before the recording started which It doesn't look like it he will get some going over for that ha.

• Not savoury but carragher seems like he'd have to be pushed to that.

Yer man was goading him like **** tbf
    And shouldn't have been using his bloody phone with his child in the back.

But still Carragher should no better in particular with the position he's in. Spitting at someone is scummy behaviour no matter what

I'd suspect he's in big trouble. I'd be raging,I think he's a fairly decent pundit. Not the worst and him and Gary knock good craic out of each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads that's scummy from carragher unless something happened before the recording started which It doesn't look like it he will get some going over for that ha.

Apparently he was followed up the motorway while been recorded and some 'banter' was thrown about. I'd guess the banter was quite bad and I don't think anyone would appreciate been followed and recorded either.

Still doesn't excuse what he did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Anyone else looking forward to work tomorrow? Both my manager and the national director are Scouse lovers.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/19-august-1995/

I remember when we were relegated from Premier League.

Tough Times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish that was Jamie or Souness because they wouldn't be on TV again

I don't mind carra but reckon he'll be taking a break from Sky

The FA have given Jose Mourinho 48 hours to respond to the charge of Jamie carragher spitting at a man United fan.

• Advertisement

I can imagine the craic between Nev and Carra...

Nev: 2-1!! How are you taking the defeat Jamie??

Carra: Well Gary, I spat on a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to work tomorrow? Both my manager and the national director are Scouse lovers.

giphy.gif

Is that your uniform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Unearthly wrote: »
    I think they are joint top with Man city from the 10th of January to the 5th of March, and to be fair to them, that's what people will remember in years from now

Nice guy

• I can imagine the craic between Nev and Carra...

Nev: 2-1!! How are you taking the defeat Jamie??

Carra: Well Gary, I spat on a child.

Fair point. I really didn't mean it like that though!
    As I said absolutely scummy behaviour from him to be spitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Scummy enough from carragher but the guy filming it comes across as a complete knob. Even his daughter seemed embarressed for his behaviour. There's piss taking and then there's pushing it too far and i'd say yer man did the latter

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fair point. I really didn't mean it like that though!
    As I said absolutely scummy behaviour from him to be spitting.

Very unsavoury behaviour indeed, and Carragher should be well able for that shíte by now and have his (non-spitting) methods for dealing with it.

No excuse for Carragher, but that fella chasing him in the car 'for the bantz' is a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pretty vile behaviour from Carragher.

One would have to think that's going to have an impact on his career.

It's gas, I'm sure some of the stuff he has had directed at him while playing pales in comparison to what ever that bellpipe with the camera was saying, equally stupid and nasty feom him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Loves dishing it out on Twitter, gets it back in real life and acts like a scumbag :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pinch of salt, but Kicker in Germany saying we've put in a bid for Lewandowski, while Real are interested but "dithering".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The FA have given Jose Mourinho 48 hours to respond to the charge of Jamie carragher spitting at a man United fan.

Klopp was also seen charging down the hard shoulder of the motorway and reported to be acting with passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads!!! Let’s not forget he’s really a toffee he’s only a mock scouser!!!

“I’d rather be bitten spat at than get a leg breaking tackle put my kids life in danger by driving while using a phone”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yer man is clearly being a knob, but that is no excuse. Rotten from carra. Old traits coming back out.

Very foolish when he must have seen the camera, why even open your window like ffs

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads!!! Let’s not forget he’s really a toffee he’s only a mock scouser!!!

Like Stevie G. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Scummy from carragher. Never liked him, hope he gets sacked from sky

bangkok wrote: »
    Scummy from carragher. Never liked him, hope he gets sacked from sky

I think he's great I hope he gets a pay rise

I think he's great I hope he gets a pay rise

P45 more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What a ****ing weekend!!

On a personal note every potential box ticked.

Jesus the Carragher thing icing on the cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Carragher thing.... Meh. But then I don't have the same apparently huge hang up over spitting that people seem to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Wonder how much he made for running to the daily mirror with his prize? I guess there will be a follow up story to follow with how the kid is affected and how its an awful thing and that he only pointed out the score to him etc.

Carragher made a mistake and was wrong obv.

Carragher thing.... Meh. But then I don't have the same apparently huge hang up over spitting that people seem to have.

A morally reprehensible act. There’s an old saying “I’d rather be punched than spat on” It absolutely disgusts me.

A morally reprehensible act. There’s an old saying “I’d rather be punched than spat on” It absolutely disgusts me.

As I said, meh. I don't find it the world ending act others do. Meh.

As I said, meh. I don't find it the world ending act others do. Meh.

Of course everyone is different. If it doesn’t bother you then you won’t understand the extent to which it bothers others.

I don't mind spitting but that's not just spitting and it don't matter of it landed or not he tried to spit in someone's car it really is a terrible thing to do.

Saying that I don't think the man should be sacked over it I'm far from his number one fan I think he is a useless pundit but there is enough over the top reactions by companies trying to save face by sacking people for making mistakes.

One of the girls reading the news was caught drink driving slightly over the limit with her kids in the back of the car I haven't heard anything about that but I'm nearly sure she is back to work.

Punish him and move on that's all it needs.

Of course everyone is different. If it doesn’t bother you then you won’t understand the extent to which it bothers others.

Yep. I honestly have no understanding why people react to it like they do. Feels like a conditioned response.

As to the old saying.... I'd rather take 2 seconds to wipe away some phlegm than deal with a broken nose, or eye socket, or teeth.

I'd consider things that do actual bodily harm far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

I’ll be surprised if Carragher isn’t fired for that, especially in the current environment. Reprehensible behaviour; the man spat in a young girl’s face FFS. This isn’t a case of “boys will be boys”; it’s appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

6 match suspension from presenting, same punishment as if he was still playing would be enough.
    Probably would have him off air until next Season

Yep. I honestly have no understanding why people react to it like they do. Feels like a conditioned response.

As to the old saying.... I'd rather take 2 seconds to wipe away some phlegm than deal with a broken nose, or eye socket, or teeth.

It’s not that black and white for me. Do you draw the line at phlegm? Would you rather take a few seconds to wipe sh*t or semen off your face than be punched?

I realise these are extreme examples but that argument always bugs me. It’s not always about the physical damage.

It’s not that black and white for me. Do you draw the line at phlegm? Would you rather take a few seconds to wipe sh*t or semen off your face than be punched?

I realise these are extreme examples but that argument always bugs me. It’s not always about the physical damage.

Yeah I'd rather have some poo chucked at me than have all my limbs chopped off, if we want to continue going to extremes.

Also, I do think something i can clean off is better than something that does lasting damage.

If Carragher had tried to run them off the road would that not have been far worse?

I'm not saying what carragher didn't isn't wrong. I just don't think he should become public enemy number 1.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd rather have some poo chucked at me than have all my limbs chopped off, if we want to continue going to extremes.

Also, I do think something i can clean off is better than something that does lasting damage.

If Carragher had tried to run them off the road would that not have been far worse?

I'm not saying what carragher didn't isn't wrong. I just don't think he should become public enemy number 1.

I wouldn’t be calling for his job either.
    I said in the other thread that he’s apologised and he will feel like a bit of a tit for a while and that should be enough.
    He has only himself to blame for any stick he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

I wouldn’t be calling for his job either.
    I said in the other thread that he’s apologised and he will feel like a bit of a tit for a while and that should be enough.
    He has only himself to blame for any stick he gets.

He should be fired.

The man spat in a 14 year old girl’s face.

FFS.

Guys were fired for slagging off a female linesman and joking about a colleague’s exploits with a woman.

Carragher absolutely should be sacked for this.

• I think he's great I hope he gets a pay rise

I see what you did there.....
    I spat out my coffee!! :)

whats your views on racism, there is no bodily harm done there either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I spat out my coffee!! :)

I hope there wasn't a child around ;)

bangkok wrote: »
    whats your views on racism, there is no bodily harm done there either?

Grow up why should anyone have to explain their views to you about something that's totally off-topic. You constantly looking for bull**** to nitpick at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Can we keep this thread even remotely on topic please? Not trying to back seat mod, but would be good to talk about our decent win at the w/e, how to play Pogba and Sanchez in the same team and the two very important fixtures we have coming up this week.

Grow up why should anyone have to explain their views to you about something that's totally off-topic. You constantly looking for bull**** to nitpick at.

Spitting is one of the most scummy things you can do. Spitting at a 14 year girl is unforgiveable.

I hope he gets sacked this morning

• Advertisement

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Can we keep this thread even remotely on topic please? Not trying to back seat mod, but would be good to talk about our decent win at the w/e, how to play Pogba and Sanchez in the same team and the two very important fixtures we have coming up this week.

Coming from behind to beat Chelsea, coming from behind to beat Palace away and beating Liverpool. It’s been a couple of weeks that you would expect to kick you into gear and strengthen a team spirit.
    Limping out of the cups isn’t an option or acceptable now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement