Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Stellar performances here. Still being outplayed by Seville. Just missing the gaping hole in defence is all to top off the first half

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rashford is just excellent when he gets going

jayo26 wrote: »
    Rashford should be left with Jesse right and Sanchez in middle. Rashford can't do same damage as he can cutting inside on his right.

He is absolutely pointless on the right

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Christ I hate souness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Better direction from Fellaini there and that was a big chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We're like the away team here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fellaini getting a rough time tumbled over more than once now

Fellini playing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why are they just doing ****ing close ups of people rather than replaying ****?

Ridiculous ref and linesman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Why are they just doing ****ing close ups of people rather than replaying ****?

Because nothing is happening.

Theatre of dreams full of theatricals tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just remembered one of my main gripes with Sevilla is they are really bad playactors

astradave wrote: »
    Just remembered one of my main gripes with Sevilla is they are really bad playactors

One of my mine gripes us how they outfight us. Makes me feel bad about my team. Why do they want it more like?

The lack of pressure us unbelievable

Been better the last ten mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Playing way too deep.

Awful first half from us.

• bangkok wrote: »
    Playing way too deep.

Awful my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Pure and utter tripe that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Awful my hole

In fairness it's been poor enough.

• secman wrote: »
    In fairness it's been poor enough.

Good > Poor > Decent

bangkok wrote: »
    Playing way too deep.

I don’t think we have been awful, we have been ok, created one or two openings but just lacking in intensity.. I think that’s just a bit of hyperbole really.. it’s not like we are losing the game or anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Very poor from united improved in last few minutes.

Thankfully sevilla are terrible in the final 3rd

Awful my hole

Extremely poor.

Champions league ko game and we play like that. No excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

sanchez giving the ball away as usual,said it sat we need pace both wings

• Advertisement

Extremely poor.

Champions league ko game and we play like that. No excuses
    You said awful
    Hyperbolic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thats poor stuff from both sides

Lucky that the passing ion the final third by Sevilla has being brutal

Everything is being done too slow by Utd,need to up the pace in a big way in the second half.

how would you say it, we grew into that game hopefully we continue the trend 2nd half.

loved rashfords run on the wing seems like such a long time since ive seen that at OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Getting worried here. That first half was underwhelming and I've a feeling well need 2 goals by the end of the game if were to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Disappointing first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Apart from fits and starts Utd have been poor. Back to passive Utd. Too deep. Too timid. Paying them way too much respect.

They look very tidy without any cutting edge and anytime we do decide to actually use the ball intelligently(rare) they don’t look great at the back.

Bailly has been brutal at the back.

Keeping them at bay at the moment just need the final touch on our end their defence has Lukaku in their pocket most times, Rashford has been a one man band just not getting through them yet, Lingard and Alexis way too deep so far maybe switch things up Fellaini has gotten a bit of trouble so far but when he's gotten to them he is showing signs of scoring a cracker, young doing well on the wing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Unimaginative. Sums that up pretty well I think.

Hopefully will see Mata before too long, take your pick of anyone to come off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    I don’t think we have been awful, we have been ok, created one or two openings but just lacking in intensity.. I think that’s just a bit of hyperbole really.. it’s not like we are losing the game or anything..

Yeah, too restrained. Not taking control of the game enough and failed early to deal with Seville pushing up and pressing a little. Got better when they decided to go over it and Seville ended up dropping off scared of Fellaini and Lukaku up there.

Reminds me of the Palace game so far only Seville could not find any real chances.

United need to do a lot more in attack obviously but also better as a unit decending, to win the ball back and get forward. These games are often about winning the ball and hitting the opposition when some players are caught up field. Every time they get a shot away, even one not dangerous allows them to reset for goal kicks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Unimaginative. Sums that up pretty well I think.

Hopefully will see Mata before too long, take your pick of anyone to come off.

I honestly think it’s an attitude problem as a whole rather than selection problem.

You said awful
    Hyperbolic

Actually i stand by it. It was awful. Very little good in it. Cant even pass the ball through midfield and we will prob need 2 goals

adox wrote: »
    I honestly think it’s an attitude problem as a whole rather than selection problem.

Rashford on the right after a motm display v liverpool from the left is strange

Actually i stand by it. It was awful. Very little good in it. Cant even pass the ball through midfield and we will prob need 2 goals

That's not true. Multiple times the ball was passed through midfield.

There can be some adjustments made. Notably put Rashford on the left.

Mata on for Sanchez IMO and Pogba on for Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Disappointing first half.

Disapointing??? That was 45 mins of utter ****e. Long ball up hoping for a knock on. As Souness said the kind if football you'd expect from a Championship team

Rashford is no use on the right there. With Mata and Pogba out of the team there is no one to create or link up play once Sanchez is off the boil.

As I said before the game when the line-up was announced, the lack of consistency with a confident, winning line-up from the weekend was a bit of a concern.

Thankfully Seville aren't looking too potent in front of goal, but outside of a moment of magic I'm not sure where our own required goal is going to come from.

Hopefully that was the 'bad' half and there's far better to come now. Jose can be quite effective with his half-time talks and his use of the bench.

• Advertisement

Watching the game on tv3 but not the half time coverage, when Kilbane starts calling crosses long balls into the box your know there is an agenda set on the discussion, not saying we are playing great but a cross is a fecking cross

Robson99 wrote: »
    Disapointing??? That was 45 mins of utter ****e. Long ball up hoping for a knock on. As Souness said the kind if football you'd expect from a Championship team

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

adox wrote: »

Don't think it's an attitude thing. Likes of Sanchez are out of form yes but that's not the same as attitude.

Plenty of players that like to pop the ball off to each other in the box but can't get it that far up the pitch constructively. Alternative seems to be switch the play and pump the ball to Fellaini at the far post. Unimaginative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Utd to win 3-0.

Now someone pass me a beer and strawberry bonbons

Has Shanchez lost pace I also thought he was faster maybe I imagined it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Souness well known for his impartial unbiased opinion when it comes to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Someone else using souness as a source of truth.

Threads going into the muck

I think Sanchez is thrying to be the creator too much, a few times during the first half he could have tried have a go but instead tried a chip cross into the middle

That's not true. Multiple times the ball was passed through midfield.

There can be some adjustments made. Notably put Rashford on the left.

Mata on for Sanchez IMO and Pogba on for Lingard

They just said there fellainis shot was our first shot on target in 3 halfs of football v sevilla.

• Advertisement

• Amazing tackle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement