Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Pochetinno is the stand out candidate imo.

Not being smart, but if he says no, then who? Give me a short list Bangkok. Not just one name, give me five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

There is probably 6 managers who have managed a big club potentially available this summer outside Pochettino who might be available

Emery
    Zidane
    Enrique
    Conte
    Allegri
    Simeone

The last 3 will give you a similar style to what we've got. Emery hasn't kicked PSG on to the next level despite Mbappe and Neymar transfers.

Zidane I'd like but if Emery leaves AND Zidane gets the sack I see him at PSG.

Enrique is just a bit meh, he managed that Barca team but his transfers were fairly poor for the most part.

Who else is out there and achievable that will guarantee better or similar results and an improved style of play?

• Morning....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Probably that Pogba was a giant waste of money.

Sanchez and Pogba didn’t help last night.

The team looked lethargic all night but fairly comfortable for 0-0 until Pogba came on. I would not put the defeat down to him by any stretch as the team already looked leggy but he had no positive impact in the game. A player of his quality should at least be able to do something to lift the team.

I wonder if Sanchez has a starting clause in his contract because if there was a game he could of been brought off it was that. You can get away with a Sanchez when the team is playing well or in a game you can sort of afford to lose without major ramifications. He was the obvious player giving the ball away and at one stage he totally misplaced an easy 20 yard pass under little presssure.

I am disappointed but don’t feel any different regarding Jose. I remember very dissapinting euro nights under SAF, some worse then this. Knockout games, 60 mins into the 2nd leg where a goal can decide the entire tie are very nervy affairs. The quality of opposition United lost to just means that we saw what we knew which is that this team isn’t ready to mount a proper challange.

Don’t get me wrong, I was sick losing and couldn’t look at anything football related until now. But on reflection how would I feel united playing Barca or Madrid even city in the quarters? That could be 3 games in a row versus city, do I fancy that? Would that be a good learning curve for this team? Maybe but i could see it being a nasty 2 weeks!

Jose’s comments are as much to protect players from the media backlash as anything else. If the media and fans anger is on Jose for what he says then the team can get back to basics without added pressure. I applaud this managerial tactic that Fergie regularly used whipping up a storm so everybody would
    Be focused on him.

I have an issue with the fans chanting “attack attack attack” in such a nervy game. It puts players under pressure to go against tactics that everybody should be aware of at this stage. Last night was about qualifying , not attacking so there was added pressure needlessly put on the team.

Should we expect better football ? Yes. But it doesn’t mean we start adding pressure in such a big game, it was downright idiotic, but That’s the nature of the game. It’s clear that united fans are torn between winning trophies and playing good football. I do think most fans don’t rememeber United’s league wining team in his last year because that wasn’t swashbuckling. It was effectivel. This city team would make that team look awful.

Jose most certainly has responsibility to take for last nights exit. But I think there’s a couple of big names who should be asked if they think they did enough in that game. I see no better alternative , just random managers names and no cohesive plan on how they might work and no critical analysis setting out why they might not work. Grass is always looking greener somewhere else lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not being smart, but if he says no, then who? Give me a short list Bangkok. Not just one name, give me five.

For such a top high pressure job you're never going to have a large roster of potential candidates who meet the clubs criteria e.g. experienced manager of a top (or close to the top) club who consistently gets his teams playing at their full potential and has the character and guile to handle the Utd job.

On paper three candidates immediately spring to mind:

1. Poch - Building a great career and has the Spurs team playing to their potential without needing to invest huge amounts of money. Came up short against Juve recently but that's inexperience for all concerned. A confident, calm, ambitious and respected manager on an upward trajectory who will move on to a bigger challenge if/when Kane leaves or before if the right opportunity arises.

2. Louis Enrique - Proven top level manager with Barcelona for 3 years who cut his teeth managing Roma and Celta Vigo for 4 years before that. Currently taking a sabbatical but will be back in the game sooner rather than later and likely in the PL with Chelsea or France with PSG unless Utd can turn his head.

3. Ancellotti - We all know his pedigree. If the requirement is for someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and over a 2-4 year period put it on a sound footing playing effective winning football with a balanced united squad there is no one available who would fill that role better and would ensure a seamless transition to his eventual successor.

For me the stand out candidate would be Enrique. Poch has a lot of good qualities and a lot of potential but the big criticism is he hasn't won anything so it might be a couple of years too early for him. Ancellotti is a more conservative option but could be what the club needs for a few years.

That's my tuppence worth.

Personally I hope Mourinho stays at least another 5 years :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jose with his nothing new comment really irks. 400 odd million pound in a few years and we lose with that gutless performance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Probably that Pogba was a giant waste of money.

And he'd be right!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

To think we could have bought 3 Kante's for that amount of money... I'd rather the 3 Kante's in midfield than Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think it's always difficult to play two huge games within three days of each other. That's what's makes the great sides that win trebles and such so great. I agree Utd should have been on a high (and it's been a good run of results generally), but ye did spend a lot of Saturday penned deep without the ball. Now that was the plan and it was brilliantly executed, but there may well have been a mental expenditure there that wasn't ideal leading into last night.

Liverpool beat Utd and RM 4-1 and 4-0 back to back. With Andre Dossena playing

The money we've squandered since Fergie left would make you sick.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I don't recall one single poster saying it was his fault, cut your bull

Have a browse through the match thread.

It’s funny reading over the top reactions to last nights game. If you can stand back from disappointment the club is prob going to finish in its best league position since SAF retired. Going out in the knockouts to such a poor team is a major disappointment but it happens sometimes. Monaco knocked out city last season and there was no panic there.

I think people need to accept that the club had much more ground to make up when Jose took over. People need to also accept that top FIFA 2018 ranking players like Sanchez and Pogba are not playing like 88+ ranking players for the team.

Also, what exactly is Jose doing or not doing that people expect? Free flowing football? He’s at the club 20 months and historically as a manager , what led people to believe things would be any different?

He’s a stats man. Statistically speaking the team is in a vastly superior position it was when he took over. Even if they only finish second this season it’s the best the club has done in 5 seasons under multiple managers.

On paper three candidates immediately spring to mind:

1. Poch - Building a great career and has the Spurs team playing to their potential without needing to invest huge amounts of money. Came up short against Juve recently but that's inexperience for all concerned. A confident, calm, ambitious and respected manager on an upward trajectory who will move on to a bigger challenge if/when Kane leaves or before if the right opportunity arises.

2. Louis Enrique - Proven top level manager with Barcelona for 3 years who cut his teeth managing Roma and Celta Vigo for 4 years before that. Currently taking a sabbatical but will be back in the game sooner rather than later and likely in the PL with Chelsea or France with PSG unless Utd can turn his head.

3. Ancellotti - We all know his pedigree. If the requirement is for someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and over a 2-4 year period put it on a sound footing playing effective winning football with a balanced united squad there is no one available who would fill that role better and would ensure a seamless transition to his eventual successor.

As I said, I can't say much to the style of Carlo. I went through Reddit looking for threads about him, cause I know I had read stuff about how the Bayern players didnt seem massively thrilled with his coaching. Robben seemed to criticse it heavily after Carlo left (saying his kid had better coaching that the Bayern team did).

Can't comment on Enrique at all either, unfortunately, other than to say I worry about any "proven at the top level" comments about a manager who had a team of Neymar, Messi and Saurez up front. His CV certainly looks good. Must read up on his style of football though.

Duffman's bringing up of Conte though :pac:

I genuinely don't believe Poch is an option at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Is it safe to come back to the thread yet?

latest?cb=20120725191345

As I said, I can't say much to the style of Carlo. I went through Reddit looking for threads about him, cause I know I had read stuff about how the Bayern players didnt seem massively thrilled with his coaching. Robben seemed to criticse it heavily after Carlo left (saying his kid had better coaching that the Bayern team did).

Can't comment on Enrique at all either, unfortunately, other than to say I worry about any "proven at the top level" comments about a manager who had a team of Neymar, Messi and Saurez up front. His CV certainly looks good. Must read up on his style of football though.

Duffman's bringing up of Conte though :pac:

I genuinely don't believe Poch is an option at all.

Poch is a ridiclous manager to throw up for obvious reasons that anybody suggesting him either ignore or just don’t care to address.

Zidane and Enrique inherited league and champions league winning squads. What did Jose inherit at United or Porto or inter? Not teams renowned or favorites for the champions league that’s for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

duffman13 wrote: »
    There is probably 6 managers who have managed a big club potentially available this summer outside Pochettino who might be available

Emery
    Zidane
    Enrique
    Conte
    Allegri
    Simeone

The last 3 will give you a similar style to what we've got. Emery hasn't kicked PSG on to the next level despite Mbappe and Neymar transfers.

Zidane I'd like but if Emery leaves AND Zidane gets the sack I see him at PSG.

Enrique is just a bit meh, he managed that Barca team but his transfers were fairly poor for the most part.

Who else is out there and achievable that will guarantee better or similar results and an improved style of play?

Didier Deschamps after the world Cup?

Drumpot wrote: »
    It’s funny reading over the top reactions to last nights game. If you can stand back from disappointment the club is prob going to finish in its best league position since SAF retired. Going out in the knockouts to such a poor team is a major disappointment but it happens sometimes. Monaco knocked out city last season and there was no panic there.

I think people need to accept that the club had much more ground to make up when Jose took over. People need to also accept that top FIFA 2018 ranking players like Sanchez and Pogba are not playing like 88+ ranking players for the team.

Also, what exactly is Jose doing or not doing that people expect? Free flowing football? He’s at the club 20 months and historically as a manager , what led people to believe things would be any different?

He’s a stats man. Statistically speaking the team is in a vastly superior position it was when he took over. Even if they only finish second this season it’s the best the club has done in 5 seasons under multiple managers.

I've been a super solid supporter of Jose.

I just hate how miserable we looked bowing out last night, and how once again we didn't really look that bothered until we conceeded two goals. It was basically the Palace game again, only this time we didn't pull it back, and the stakes were way higher.

I've never felt this pessimistic about things since he took over. I feel if we had bombed out to a top tier team, so be it. But we really couldn't have gotten a better drawing in the CL. There's a massive character issue, and while its only been 20 months, he's still had 3 transfer windows without any signs that funds were an issue, nor signs we tried to strengthen certain positions and failed. The full back situation has been a glaring issue for all three windows, as has midfield to an extent.

Don't get me wrong, I feel there's still players who don't look bothered, and that's not trotting out the "he's lost the dressing room" cliche. It just feels as if there's a motivation issue there at the moment, and Jose seems to be struggling a bit to address that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Still don't know what to be more annoyed about, the performance or Mourinho's comments after the match.

Both baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Pull out all the stops and get Wenger, Just Imagine Mourinho handing over the keys to Old Trafford to the voyeur ha.

• Advertisement

Didnt the bayern players organise extra training sessions under Ancellotti , or am I just believing too much stuff from the internet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Said it last week here, the sitting back and waiting for something to happen aspect of Utd's tactics has to stop. You can see what they can do when they're forced to go for it, like against Palace and last night after they went two goals down. Why they can't do that from the start, or at least try (obviously it's not going to work against every team), it's absolutely dumbfounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Well i would go all out for Pochettino. A couple of signings and we would be back challenging again. The same signings under jose and i think we still play the same.

After that we should look at:

Joachim Low after the world cup with Germany
    Carlo Anchelotti
    Allegri although i dont know if he would leave italy
    Emery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Well i would go all out for Pochettino. A couple of signings and we would be back challenging again. The same signings under jose and i think we still play the same.

After that we should look at:

Joachim Low after the world cup with Germany
    Carlo Anchelotti
    Allegri although i dont know if he would leave italy
    Emery

Why does everyone always forget Deschamps? Far better manager than Low for example. He'd be perfect for the United job, excellent manager and plays a great brand of football

I've been a super solid supporter of Jose.

I just hate how miserable we looked bowing out last night, and how once again we didn't really look that bothered until we conceeded two goals. It was basically the Palace game again, only this time we didn't pull it back, and the stakes were way higher.

I've never felt this pessimistic about things since he took over. I feel if we had bombed out to a top tier team, so be it. But we really couldn't have gotten a better drawing in the CL. There's a massive character issue, and while its only been 20 months, he's still had 3 transfer windows without any signs that funds were an issue, nor signs we tried to strengthen certain positions and failed. The full back situation has been a glaring issue for all three windows, as has midfield to an extent.

Don't get me wrong, I feel there's still players who don't look bothered, and that's not trotting out the "he's lost the dressing room" cliche. It just feels as if there's a motivation issue there at the moment, and Jose seems to be struggling a bit to address that.

I’m very disappointed aswell but I just feel the problem is our expectations and that the teething problems will be ironed out. City running away with things isn’t helping but I think the club chose to prioritize trophies and champions league qualification when choosing Jose. Remember it looks like they had a chance to make him manager several times before their Moyes and LVG experiment didn’t work.

But ask yourself this. When Jose took over did you think this squad was stronger then citys? I don’t. City have consistently spent more then united and while there is no sign that Jose hasn’t been mostly supported (didn’t he want a winger from inter?) the squad has needed bigger renovations with less resources then Pep has gotten at city. It’s not “poor Jose” it’s just in response to people making a broad statement that he’s spent a lot. Well he hasn’t spent a lot in comparison to the teams that we want united to compete with for top honors. And as mentioned united have fallen so far since SAF he has a bigger job the taking over any other top club in Europe.

And then there is the fact that he’s one of the most successful coaches of the generation. At his last club he won the league. You would swear it’s Wengeress timeframe since he had top honors success and supporting him is madness!

Logic dictates that the club is more likely to win by sticking with him the by sacking him and starting again. I do wonder if players like Pogba were on Jose’s wish list or a club marquee signing but since we don’t know it’s difficult to say. What we do know is that Pogba got unsettled under SAF and he looks unsettled under Jose. I would sooner we let him move on (if this is the case) and get another Jose preferential player. I think supporting Jose will potentially yield more success in the longer term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its crazy from the outside looking in, it looks like United are 2nd in the table in spite of Jose,
    The football they are playing is awful they don't look like a team in attack, but the fact they do have a number of very talented players they seem to be getting away with it by sneaking wins,
    They have improved on last season no doubt but god its tuff to watch,
    Jose comments after the game are just bizarre

• Advertisement

What i found interesting in regards to last night and chatting to someone that was at the game was the crowd turned on jose last night, lots of dissatisfaction, the stretford end really let their feelings known to him as he walked down the tunnel after the game.

On top of that, when pogba came on (yes he was crap last night) but it was easily the biggest cheer last night from the crowd. Its fairly clear which side of the fence the fans sit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think it's always difficult to play two huge games within three days of each other. That's what's makes the great sides that win trebles and such so great. I agree Utd should have been on a high (and it's been a good run of results generally), but ye did spend a lot of Saturday penned deep without the ball. Now that was the plan and it was brilliantly executed, but there may well have been a mental expenditure there that wasn't ideal leading into last night.

The most disappointing thing for me though is we had the exact same performance in the first leg. Went out with a whimper to a functional but limited side.

Ive slept on it and havent changed my mind much from last night(although am thinking clearer).

i think it was a pivotal evening and the beginning of the end for Jose at Utd.

Didnt the bayern players organise extra training sessions under Ancellotti , or am I just believing too much stuff from the internet again

Right, quick reddit searches.

Kicker did report that.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/707486/artikel_bayern-profis-trainierten-geheim-ohne-ancelotti.html

Stealing the tl;dr from Reddit.

Robben, Neuer, Müller and Boateng as well as Lahm and Alonso last season complained to the Bayern board about Carlo's training methods. They felt he didn't improve the team or the players. Robben specifically said his son received better training with his youth team than Bayern did with Ancelotti. When the players organized individual training sessions on their own, Ancelotti forbade them. Players then moved to a different location for those training sessions.

His fitness coach was smoking in the locker room and didn't do sufficient warm-up training (according to Kicker: Sometimes only 3 minutes).

Ahead of the game against PSG, for the first time (!!) during his tenure in Munich, video analysis were made, but their results didn't enter the preparation for the game.

There was no in-game coaching. All Ancelotti told them during the draw against Wolfsburg at HT was "you have to watch out better".

Kimmich, Coman and Boateng were thinking about leaving the club.

The team atmosphere was toxic because Ancelotti seemed to favour the Spanish players without an apparent reason.

Muller did say this though: "Carlo Ancelotti should not be a scapegoat, A big part of recent struggles is caused by the team that stands on the pitch and does not perform like people expect it to."

Reading posts on Reddit from when he got sacked, the gist seemed to be that Ancelotti's results were fine but the style of football wasn't great; that he wasn't dominating teams like people feel Bayern should be (and indeed how they have since he left).

Don't care who we get after Jose as long as they play attacking football. Don't mind if we lose to the likes of seville and Newcastle aslong as we try to win the game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

adox wrote: »
    Ive slept on it and havent changed my mind much from last night(although am thinking clearer).

Usually after bad games, I'll sleep on them, waking up the next day and be optamistic again. Struggling to do that this morning though. :(
    Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m very disappointed aswell but I just feel the problem is our expectations and that the teething problems will be ironed out. City running away with things isn’t helping but I think the club chose to prioritize trophies and champions league qualification when choosing Jose. Remember it looks like they had a chance to make him manager several times before their Moyes and LVG experiment didn’t work.

But ask yourself this. When Jose took over did you think this squad was stronger then citys? I don’t. City have consistently spent more then united and while there is no sign that Jose hasn’t been mostly supported (didn’t he want a winger from inter?) the squad has needed bigger renovations with less resources then Pep has gotten at city. It’s not “poor Jose” it’s just in response to people making a broad statement that he’s spent a lot. Well he hasn’t spent a lot in comparison to the teams that we want united to compete with for top honors. And as mentioned united have fallen so far since SAF he has a bigger job the taking over any other top club in Europe.

And then there is the fact that he’s one of the most successful coaches of the generation. At his last club he won the league. You would swear it’s Wengeress timeframe since he had top honors success and supporting him is madness!

Logic dictates that the club is more likely to win by sticking with him the by sacking him and starting again. I do wonder if players like Pogba were on Jose’s wish list or a club marquee signing but since we don’t know it’s difficult to say. What we do know is that Pogba got unsettled under SAF and he looks unsettled under Jose. I would sooner we let him move on (if this is the case) and get another Jose preferential player. I think supporting Jose will potentially yield more success in the longer term.

I agree overall. As I've said before, it's a spectrum, and all of your arguments are the same as the ones that are just keeping me on the end that says he deserves to stay. Just, as I said as well....I'm low on the energy to fight that corner this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Don't care who we get after Jose as long as they play attacking football. Don't mind if we lose to the likes of seville and Newcastle aslong as we try to win the game.

Woah just got trapatoni flashbacks ugghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not one of the names that people are suggesting inspire any in confidence in me.

Even Poch, who has done really well with Spurs and who I like, hasn't won a trophy and has shown that he can deal with young players with little ego, not necessarily that he can deal with what we currently have.

Or, we could just continue to let Mournho build, rather than change another manager the minute we reach a bit of adversity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Last night was just a continuation of what many have been giving out about a lot lately.

No cohesion in attack, no intensity to the play, no invention or spark. Defensively a constant scramble.

There is no identity to what I am seeing, I don't see what Jose is trying to get from the players. Do I think United are weak in a number of positions? Yep. Do I think Jose should be getting A LOT more from the players he currently has? Absolutely yes.

It goes back to the conversation I was having on here last week - getting results while playing poorly will catch up with you, as it did last night, as it has done before. United don't attack or defend well and we rely way too much on DDG to bail out our bad defending.

If Jose was sacked this morning I wouldn't be able to argue against it to be honest. 3 transfer windows and I don't see any significant improvement in the football team United are.

Not one of the names that people are suggesting inspire any in confidence in me.

Even Poch, who has done really well with Spurs and who I like, hasn't won a trophy and has shown that he can deal with young players with little ego, not necessarily that he can deal with what we currently have.

Or, we could just continue to let Mournho build, rather than change another manager the miute we reach a bit of adversity.

Trophies are very limited. Only 1 club can win the big ones. The fact he is 3rd behind both city and utd considering the money we both have spent is an achievment in itself. Added to that the style of football he is playing is excellent to watch.

Pochettino along with alderweireld next summer and someone like kroos/dembele would be excellent business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Toothless. Leaderless. So slow in play. How we all laugh at Arsenal with no leaders on the pitch. Who's laughing now. We are the same. We need a new Keane but i don't think they exist any more with modern footballer's.

The brand of football he has us playing is turgid. Watch any of the other games in this round of the Champions league. They all play a high tempo passing game. They are all entertaining to watch. It's just depressing. We also need an entirely new centre midfield bar Matic.

Oh but we're second in the league. Oh great. It's no good being second if you hate watching your own team that you've supported for 35 years. And yes i hate watching Man Utd these days. I wouldn't blame Ed Woodward for the players they have got in, it's not his fault most of them turned out to be numpty's but in 4 years you think he'd be able to find a manager who could play the Manchester United brand of football.

Or, we could just continue to let Mournho build, rather than change another manager the minute we reach a bit of adversity.

Indeed we could, but my issue here is that I have no idea what Jose is looking to build. I don't see anything in the football we are playing now vs the football we were playing 12 months ago that shows a clear progression in the ideals of Jose being applied to make us a better football team.

I don't think United are significantly better than March last year, just significantly more expensive.

In 12 months time if Jose is still in charge we will be significantly more expensive again (as we would be with any manager) but I don't see where anyone could find the confidence to say we will be significantly better. Will we be dominating teams most match days like City do?

Its the same as I said with regards to LVG - i'd be happy to see him continue to build if there was any evidence he was trying to build something different to the rubbish that wasn't working. With LVG there wasn't, and I'm not seeing it with Jose either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The tie was lost in the first leg going to Seville and parking the bus. I mean instructing DeGea not to play the ball out of defence but kick it long is shocking in my opinion. Not the United way. Horrible to watch. #joseout

The tie was lost in the first leg going to Seville and parking the bus.

I disagree so, so much.

The 0-0 draw set it up that all we had to do was win at home to Sevilla. That really should not have been a hard task. The first leg might not have helped, but there should not have been an issue bombarding a team of their level at home. Its not that we went out on away goals, or a lack of them, last night. We basically made it all come down to the one game, and then got beat.

Was mentioned a few weeks ago that the united board had regrets about the sanchez signing, there must be some serious regrets now. Another woeful performance last night and hopefully he is dropped for the next game

I disagree so, so much.

The 0-0 draw set it up that all we had to do was win at home to Sevilla. That really should not have been a hard task. The first leg might not have helped, but there should not have been an issue bombarding a team of their level at home. Its not that we went out on away goals, or a lack of them, last night. We basically made it all come down to the one game, and then got beat.

The 0-0 draw was lucky in the first leg. We were lucky to come back to OT with a 0-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The tie was lost in the first leg going to Seville and parking the bus. I mean instructing DeGea not to play the ball out of defence but kick it long is shocking in my opinion. Not the United way. Horrible to watch. #joseout
    No one complained on Saturday when his kicks set up two goals.,

Was mentioned a few weeks ago that the united board had regrets about the sanchez signing, there must be some serious regrets now. Another woeful performance last night and hopefully he is dropped for the next game

Good Job that we got him on a free transfer because he's not worth much more than that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Good Job that we got him on a free transfer bjecause he's not worth much more than that.

Getting mega wages though.

Id stick with martial and rashford for next few games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The tie was lost in the first leg going to Seville and parking the bus.

I disagree so, so much.

But it’s bonkers to give up the chance of an away goal by parking the bus in the hope you will get a home win. Your writing off 50 % of the tie as a non event and putting all your eggs in one basket. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I dont think citing full backs will help us. We need players to control midfield and give us some kind of solid base.

Rather than another big name who might end up going the way of Pogba (and currently Sanchez) I'd prefer we look at say Ndidi. Wouldn't have an ego at least and still wanting to get silverware in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

limnam wrote: »
    It goes like this.

You post some nonsensical rubbish.
    You get called out on it.
    You whine about strawmen and people changing your "point" whatever it was suppose to be in the first place I've no idea. "united are rubbish" or similar.

Then get upset and throw a strop.

Stick me on ignore.

Nope it goes like this

I post stuff factually correct and that I'm prepared to back up if someone wants to have a reasoned debate on it, we were poor against palace and large parts against liverpool, those are facts.

You reply to my post twisting what I said and essentially arguing against your own lies that you have created, see this latest example, I said we were poor against Pool for large parts of the game and had some luck to win which will brush the bad display under the carpet, you turn that into, "Woah long balls are illegal now and yeah right mate Pool were unlucky for 90mins!!!!!".

Neither of those things were said by me, you literally create hypothetical villains and posts to argue against.

I didn't throw a strop, i just point out your dishonest style.

Try read what was said and argue the actual post for once , then you have a chance as not being such a tiresome poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Brendan Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good Job that we got him on a free transfer because he's not worth much more than that.

You didn't get him on a free though because his contract wasn't up until the summer :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Strong words from Lukaku last night "Some players were hiding.."

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You didn't get him on a free though because his contract wasn't up until the summer :confused:

some people think that because we didn't pay a transfer fee, he was free. He cost us Mkhitaryan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement