Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Thought Sanchez was relatively Poor the other night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Could you imagine the chaos if Jose lost to the bottom team in the league and then got bundled out of the FA Cup in the forth round (for the third year running) while playing his shines new 75m central defender up front? We drew a few games over Xmas p, stayed second, and the press had him off to PSG....

Will be interesting to listen to off the ball and see if Klopp gets a tiny bit of the criticism that Jose has gotten the last month.

theballz wrote: »

Am assist and was integral to another goal. On his debut. Whilst being kicked up and down the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

4 pages in the old thread, 5 in the new, i thought we signed a new player and then realised liverpool got knocked out of the cup... classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Thought he did well. Ran with ball often and passing was good at times after a hectic week for him.

Thought Rashford wasn't great. Overran ball quite a bit and had chances to pull trigger in box a couple of times it took second touch and lost opportunity. His progress has stagnated a bit, maybe needs a bit of a rest as younger players often do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's grand,cos he played last night. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Don't forget future Guy/girl
    The superhero we all deserve

Bet you all say thank funk there's only one Brinty

BTW,surely time for a Klopp's a busted flush thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Take a draw at Spurs?

Mourinho wud get killed for it but using Sanchez pace on break wouldn't be a bad move.

Draw keeps us 8 pts ahead of 5th with 13 to play.

Nope.

It's fcuking Spurs.

bangkok wrote:
    4 pages in the old thread, 5 in the new, i thought we signed a new player and then realised liverpool got knocked out of the cup... classic

Classic Bangkok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bangkok wrote: »

Get yourself on 40 posts per page.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We battered Spurs when they came to OT; they barely had a sniff on goal in the second half, bar the one shot. I'd be hoping we go and take the game to them again.

If we win and move 11 points clear of them in 5th, I'd say thats top 4 wrapped up, and the sooner we can get that done, the better. I know that the CL is an absolute pipe dream, but given the league is gone and top 4 is nearly solidified, we're putting ourselves in a good position to put most of our focus on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Comment underneath “the only thing he’s improved is his teeth”

And you can't even give him credit for it, well done firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Relative to him not playing or training for a week or two and involved in a new team with a lot of players who are not actually first team regulars against a lower league team having their cup final on a **** pitch?

Can't see how you could come to any other conclusion other than relatively speaking he did quite well.

He looked off the pace and out of sync at times, misplaced simple passes for sure. He did play relatively well though imho

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We battered Spurs when they came to OT; they barely had a sniff on goal in the second half, bar the one shot. I'd be hoping we go and take the game to them again.

If we win and move 11 points clear of them in 5th, I'd say thats top 4 wrapped up, and the sooner we can get that done, the better. I know that the CL is an absolute pipe dream, but given the league is gone and top 4 is nearly solidified, we're putting ourselves in a good position to put most of our focus on that.

A lot worse teams than us have won the European Cup. It's a long shot but largely down to the draw and playing well in the three big stand out games. With Jose I wouldn't be surprised to win the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

SelfassuredEqualFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Dont understand how people are saying sanchez had a bad game last night.
    *2 assist's
    *Spread the play between left and right with some great passes
    *Tracked back when needed
    *Was available as an outlet the whole time he was on
    *Kept taking players on
    *MotM

Lost possesion maybe a bit but Rashford, Mata and Shaw did as well. He got motm on a absolute ****e pitch with a brand new team and style around him. Thought he accounted himself well on his debut. Were people expecting him to bag 3/4 goals?
    If he keeps going the way he's going he'll be a fine player for us. Not much more he could have done imo.
    Just for debates sake why do people think he played bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What the actual fûck is that abomination of a thread title! It’s no longer 2017 ffs

astradave wrote: »
    What the actual fûck is that abomination of a thread title! It’s no longer 2017 ffs

Reposts....pffft. Even the thread titles suffer (kind of)

Maybe it should be called "Next year".

Thread Title should read "Manchester United Superthread 20-18" ;)

astradave wrote: »

It's awkard, doesnt look right, makes no sense and is just a mess, reminds me of liverpools defence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's a great idea how come we didn't think of that?????? :)

Super zerked it there mate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And ye all thought my last one was silly!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's a great idea how come we didn't think of that?????? :)
    Super zerked it there mate. :)
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    And ye all thought my last one was silly!!

5hnL1mM.gif

Next thread will have a good title..

#daredtodream

Next thread will have a good title..

#daredtodream

Somebody should write a book about that.......

Honestly I think lingard should be picked over Alexis, much more promise. His stats are outstanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Honestly I think lingard should be picked over Alexis, much more promise. His stats are outstanding

I think this post is suitable for the "mind blown gif"

I'm fan of the home grown talent doing their stuff in the jersey but but but wtf..

I think lingard should be picked over rashford..

Lingard, martial and Sanchez leave Jose to sort positions for them.

You might be on to something here I think that would be a masterstroke great idea.

• Advertisement

Be good if people gave explanations to their reasonings instead of just posting mindless ****e to be honest. It might not be ****e, but who knows as nothing is expanded upon.

The morning papers.

United to rival City this week for Fred.

Jose to turn down bids from Italy for Darmian.

The morning papers.

Has he lost his mind???

Has he lost his mind???

He'll be shipped in the summer no doubt, i suppose jose just wants the security of having a player to call in to the squad if he's needed

Just spotted the ammended thread title.:)

Now it feels like home.

tenor.gif?itemid=5541443

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The hyphen would make all the difference....

I was late getting to watch the game. Good performance on the whole considering the tragic state of the pitch and the much changed starting 11.

I thought that Alexis' assist for Herrera's goal was sweet. He received the ball from Mata in midfield and ran towards the box at an angle which strongly suggested that he was going to bring in those few attacking United players on the right.

In the meantime, Herrera was bursting a gut running up the left. Alexis' movement completely took the Yeovil defenders' attention away from Herrera and at the right moment just before Herrera went offside, Alexis no-looked the pass out to the left.

It was only Yeovil (Mata probably wouldn't have won that important ball in midfield against a PL team), but Alexis' vision and execution in the build-up was a snapshot at what he can offer to this team. And this is when he had a 'poor' performance, according to too many observers.

Either way, I wouldn't be getting too excited or too downtrodden about his performance. How long has Alexis been playing with his new team-mates? Would they have even had three training days together before the Yeovil game? He himself hasn't played a match in about 2 weeks.

'Job done' as far as I'm concerned. Sanchez came through his first 70 minutes unscathed despite receiving a few hard challenges, and bagged a well-worked assist.

He could have been wrapped in cotton wool until the Spurs game, but now Alexis has that important first game out of the way, with a win and an assist. I can only imagine that these are positives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just spotted the ammended thread title.:)

:cool:

The morning papers.

United to rival City this week for Fred.

I think we need just do our own thing, Sanchez fine but let's not go for Fred lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think we need just do our own thing, Sanchez fine but let's not go for Fred lol

Lets go for all the players

Headshot wrote: »
    Lets go for all the players

Gaitan, Sneijder, Ronaldo first though

AidoEirE wrote:
    Gaitan, Sneijder, Ronaldo first though

Don't forget gaitan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Hahaha klopp.

Jose is doing a great job. The amount of liverpool supporters in work givin it the jose wrecks clubs **** is unreal.

Facts is something they obviously avoid.

Another season another barren pool season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

kona wrote: »
    Hahaha klopp.

Jose is doing a great job. The amount of liverpool supporters in work givin it the jose wrecks clubs **** is unreal.

Facts is something they obviously avoid.

Another season another barren pool season.

Still in the CL and they tend to actually try against big teams.

Don't tempt fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lads there was a recent thread that ranked managers and the first couple of posts I read had Klopp higher than Jose :pac:

Going past delusion and ending up at batshít crazyville, I would put good money on the guy never winning a major trophy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I feel of some use now anyways :D

Fully expect the Liverpool thread to follow suit with 5 times la la la after it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lads there was a recent thread that ranked managers and the first couple of posts I read had Klopp higher than Jose :pac:

Going past delusion and ending up at batshít crazyville, I would put good money on the guy never winning a major trophy again.

Klopp has plenty of United fans going by the worship he got after City result. He'd still be above Jose I'd imagine. Results dont matter for Klopp. Hes cuddly not like mean Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement