Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Embarrassing performance

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

bangkok wrote: »
    martial starting on the right was a crazy decision also. Luke shaw should have started as well

Mourinho will end up selling Martial and it will be an absolute travesty, believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

martial starting on the right was a crazy decision also. Luke shaw should have started as well

Not really with Martial. Maybe with Luke Shaw. Neither position was the problem tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Time for Gomorrah! This game is over, was a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We've managed to outdo the Liverpool performance. It's almost impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

said it before, i'll say it again, after next summer we will be in the transfer market for a top striker. Lukaku is a good squad player, but has been very poor in all our big games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hopefully Spurs turn up like this against Liverpool now at weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Alli is scum but is protected due to his nationality

Spot on,horrible player

We've managed to outdo the Liverpool performance. It's almost impressive.

We will get plenty of posts from you again so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It was very clear he was trying to tackle but was limping.

I rewound it again and didn’t see it. I hope you are right cause the alternative is that he wasn’t following instructions.

I tried to watch his play and couldn’t work out if he was meant to be marking anybody. He was floating around a lot and sort of picking up Ali but I couldnt tell you his role.

Instinct in this game would be to blame player character but I remember plenty of games under SAF that united teams had odd days. Newcastle 5-0 and Southampton 6-3 are obvious games where a team that definitely had character played well below their standard!

My point is that most top teams have these kinds of games. United obviously aren’t quite there yet. We are playing for 2nd , sadly, but I’d hope by next season these issues will be ironed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kane to Barca diving like that woeful night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Tonnes of diving tonight sickening to watch

adox wrote: »
    Not really with Martial. Maybe with Luke Shaw. Neither position was the problem tonight.

martial has been excellent playing from the left, should have left him there, sanchez through the middle

said it before, i'll say it again, after next summer we will be in the transfer market for a top striker. Lukaku is a good squad player, but has been very poor in all our big games

Pure deflection from you.
    You watch that game and that’s your conclusssion? Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

De Geas distribution this season has been ****ing cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

What has he done wrong or not done in this game?

Not sure I disagree with you about long term but he has been given one half chance, the ball in from pogba and he did well to get a good shot on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dele Alli is just a dirtbag. Countless tackles have shown this.

But he's English so it's described as "slightly petulant."

here, we have a few English lads, get them to do the same, no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

martial has been excellent playing from the left, should have left him there, sanchez through the middle

He's played the second half from the left and was anonymous....

There a huge leap from holding that opinion to it being a “crazy” decision, which is what I was addrsssing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Martial and Lukaku have been complete passengers.

How can we get the ball out of our half when both keep losing it

Lord TSC wrote: »

Everyone has been!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll brush this off as an annoying night and hope it's a once off match

Its not though, this is exactly the sort of gutless crap we have seen quite a few times before, usually its against the Huddersfields and Burnleys but its all the same stuff. You can spot it a mile away, we let the opposition look like world beating supermen who run all day and chase in packs, while United try that stupid ball over the top and 10 men wait for somebody to come along and take charge.

I said repeatedly that we would have more of those performances plenty of times before the end of the season but I must admit, I am annoyed that this was one of them.

Pure deflection from you.
    You watch that game and that’s your conclusssion? Baffling.

ive said it all season. too many games he does nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Men v. Boys tonight.

Been said many times but parts of Utd team still well off what's required.

You could change the entire back 4 anyway if we're ever hoping to rejoin Europe's elite.

We will get plenty of posts from you again so.

I'll speak my mind, if you've a problem with that then report me. Or else just grow up and get over it.

• Advertisement

ive said it all season. too many games he does nothing

In fairness though he can't do a thing if he doesnt get the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I've been told by a moderator on here to f off recently but I don't care.....ANOTHER DIABOLICAL PERFORMANCE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The lack of intelligent movement or dynamics in attack is such a problem! I've said it before but we have no player that plays intelligent runs from deep apart from Lingard but nobody else seems to spot him or we're too afraid to play it.

We just don't cause too many issues unless it's a clear counter attack.

As opposed to what united player that played well tonight? They were all Sh*t , I wouldn’t pick out Lukaku for any special criticism. If you don’t make chances for a striker you can’t complain when they don’t affect the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

To lose is one thing but I don't think anyone would have predicted a performance as sh*tty as that. Worrying stuff that was . Let's hope it's a once off

• Advertisement

game was long over, didnt even make a sub at half time, midfield was the very same, so made no difference where he played at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'll speak my mind, if you've a problem with that then report me. Or else just grow up and get over it.

The problem is you only ever speak it when things are going wrong, when we are doing positive things you are no where to be seen.. you thrive on negativity

Offside Offside Offside Offside etc etc

Can’t help but shake that feeling that the team that needed to win won because They just wanted it more and it showed in the way they played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Men v. Boys tonight.

Been said many times but parts of Utd team still well off what's required.

You could change the entire back 4 anyway if we're ever hoping to rejoin Europe's elite.

We've conceded the least goals of any team in the league. Yes De Gea has played a huge part in that too, but the defence over the season has performed very well. Its the attack that has failed to function fluidly, in large part down to the unbalanced midfield

• Not even a whimper to get back into it

Awful stuff

Night folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

That was tough to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

game was long over, didnt even make a sub at half time, midfield was the very same, so made no difference where he played at that stage

Deflection deflection deflection

Ouch that hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I hope this is a one off match. Completely inept and pathetic performance.

Spurs made us look like a pub team. Playing the ball around us like we are a pub team.

Martial, lukaku and Pogba need a massive kick up the hole. Passengers all game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just awful overall, don't know what else can be said

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The less said about that game the better. Not one positive thing to take from it. Shambles of a performance and completely outplayed by Spurs. We looked fragile while defending and inept while in possession. Jose looked furious and will be looking for a reaction on Saturday.

But saying that, it was one of those games. After we got sucker-punched within 10 seconds it always had that feel to me that it wouldn't be our day. But that's football sometime. Still doesn't take away from the good performances we've had, just is important now we see a response.

The only worrying thing for me is our record against the top teams continues to be a problem.
    Night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Depressing. Jose and his 4231 just annoys me most times. The Pogba problem persists.

Ugh. Not letting the players off the hook for this one though as it was horribly lethargic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

In fairness though he can't do a thing if he doesnt get the ball!

Hey what's going on in this post.

There's zero nonsense in it.

Somethings gone wrong

astradave wrote: »
    The problem is you only ever speak it when things are going wrong, when we are doing positive things you are no where to be seen.. you thrive on negativity

Why is that a problem exactly?

Nothing to report. You just seem to appear when the team aren’t doing well and disappear when they are winning. No idea why but it obviously floats your boat.

Lol at the grow up.

limnam wrote: »
    Hey what's going on in this post.

There's zero nonsense in it.

Somethings gone wrong

?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2-0 down at half time is not "long over". It's just excuses. Martial played half the game in the left and did nothing. Everything else is, as usual with you, goalpost moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I hope this is a one off match.

Its at least the third this season. Liverpool, City, now Spurs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement