Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No Jayo, normal channels :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »

It will be on either, EPL1, EPL2, EPL3, EPL4, EPL5, EPL6 or EPL7 on my tv :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Rare picture of Bangkok moving the goalposts

Goalposts.jpg

someone had said he needs more goals and assists, i posted that. hardly moving goalposts but sure you will get your few "thanks"

I’ll just leave this here, a reply to Bangkok that got ignored as usual and he’s now back spouting the same stuff

"he was asked to be box to box"

how exactly do you know that, were you there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Anyone got a brief synopsis of the pre match press conference?

bangkok wrote: »

Yeah I was sitting next to Mata’s Dad

Yeah I was sitting next to Mata’s Dad

mature answer

mature answer

Can you disprove my post

Can you disprove my post

you have never been to wembley in your life

• Advertisement

you have never been to wembley in your life

You have never been to Old Trafford in your life.

This is fun..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jaysus, this is like watching a scrap between Forrest Gump and Rainman

You have never been to Old Trafford in your life.

This is fun..

ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cup of tea lads, take a break from the keyboard, it's good for the blood pressure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

someone had said he needs more goals and assists, i posted that.

What you posted was a non sequitur. You must know what that means, you post so many of them you must be on commission.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Cup of tea lads, take a break from the keyboard, it's good for the blood pressure :)

trying to have a proper debate with clubberlang about pogba, silly goalpost picture comes from nowhere, just throws the thread off, whats the point??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ninthlife wrote: »

I know you said synopsis, but here ya go anyways.
    Jose on Fellaini:

"I don’t have good news, I don’t have news because I don’t want to give news based on an initial approach but I don’t think the news is very good, he has a problem in his knee, is the same knee but not the same local, was internal, now external, so let’s wait a couple of more days but out of the game tomorrow."

"Is not an ACL, a complete rupture of any structure of the knee, we are not going so far as that but we need him, CL is arriving and lots of tough matches to play and probably we are going to lose for a few weeks. Two, three four or five, I cannot say at the moment."

Jose on Ibra:

"He has never mentioned anything to me. I presume there is nothing true. I suppose if there was any truth I would be the first to know."

Jose on title :

"We need points to be the first of the last. We are trying to finish second."

"I don't remember us being fourth or fifth this season, we're better than last season in every single aspect."

Mourinho on the Munich memorial :

"I was telling before to MUTV that this is something that is part of my life, or part of my football culture before I become Manchester United manager and why because was such a tragedy that stayed in these last 60 years."

"So as Manchester United manager, obviously means much more but I think it belongs to every sportsman as one of the biggest tragedies and at the same time is a crucial point in Manchester United history, the reaction, the strength, the union after that situation and I think tomorrow is an amazing day to show the respect, to show the passion for the club, respect for them, the families and I think is a day to play well, is a day to bring happiness, to bring joy for people to be together, enjoying their colours and at the same time with showing all the respect for the people and the families."

Jose on importance of the game & general form:

"It’s not because of this Munich disaster that the game becomes important for us, the game is important because we need points to be the first of the last, we have to try to finish second, we are in this positions all season, we were first for a few weeks and then we were always second, I don’t remember us being fourth, fifth or sixth, we have been there since the beginning of the season, better than last season in every aspect, points, position, number of goals scored, conceded, better in everything so we have to try to stay there and is not easy because very good teams."

"Chelsea is champions again, fantastic market, Liverpool is a great team, Arsenal improved a lot in the market, Tottenham is a fantastic team and they are five points behind us, so we are doing quite well, with some negative moments, Wednesday was one. Is very important to do better than last season and try to win something, and if not do better."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

I was grand up until someone labelled me ****in autistic.. and to think people are thanking the post.. jaysus..

Adios!

I thanked that post as I just took it as a joke and thought it funny, not factual,

I have removed my thanks now and apologise if you took it any other way.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I thanked that post as I just took it as a joke and thought it funny, not factual,

I have removed my thanks now and apologise if you took it any other way.

yea i didnt really care, its the internet and im not a millennial child :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know you said synopsis, but here ya go anyways.

That was much better than a synopsis

Looking forward to tomorrow hopefully a reaction to the poor performance sees us bag a few goals

I was grand up until someone labelled me ****in autistic.. and to think people are thanking the post.. jaysus..

Adios!

It was meant to be a joke, don't be so precious.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    It was meant to be a joke, don't be so precious.

my-precious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Sir Alex knew what he was at when he let Pogba go, yo.....NAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dunno if it was mentioned earlier but Klopp said fans needed to be patient with VVD as he "got used to the Liverpool way of defending which was different from Southampton".

Lol.

That should take people's minds off bickering as we laugh at them instead.

Dunno if it was mentioned earlier but Klopp said fans needed to be patient with VVD as he "got used to the Liverpool way of defending which was different from Southampton".

Lol.

Lol.

he also said carragher should lose some weight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Holy Christ the worst part about the other night was the plop that got posted on here after the game. We were terrible and got beaten by a team that played a perfect game. Dosnt mean we are doomed to mid table misery, 3 points tomorrow and it’s looking forward to the next game in a better frame of mind for us all. Come on United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

If it was on a normal channel it would of been listed on that list also ya ungrateful little sh1t ;)

Ninthlife wrote: »

Everybody else's fault!!!!!!

:)

a 5-0 win tomorrow, then sit back and watch Liverpool and tottenham hammer the crap out of each other sunday

a 5-0 win tomorrow, then sit back and watch Liverpool and tottenham hammer the crap out of each other sunday

If we win I couldn't give a **** what happens that game on Sunday but I'll defining enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I was gunna say did you not see Spurs doing the formation properly with attacking mid, box to box and defensive mid then remembered you called Dembele a defensive midfielder. Its just not a formation for you to understand.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I was gunna say did you not see Spurs doing the formation properly with attacking mid, box to box and defensive mid then remembered you called Dembele a defensive midfielder. Its just not a formation for you to understand.

tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

Always knew ya were a dummy :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If we win, I hope Liverpool batter them and kick lumps out of them.

Martial, lingard and shaw all up for utd player of the month for Jan

J. Marston wrote: »
    If we win, I hope Liverpool batter them and kick lumps out of them.

Nope, no matter what i could never want them to win

Nope, no matter what i could never want them to win

if utd were 2 behind city on final day of the season and we were at home to watford and liverpool were at home to city, i think we would all be liverpool supporters for 90mins

if utd were 2 behind city on final day of the season and we were at home to watford and liverpool were at home to city, i think we would all be liverpool supporters for 90mins

but i'd feel dirty, REALLY dirty

16Jvx.gif

Let's hope, that such a scenario NEVER, and I mean EVER occurs in this lifetime.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    16Jvx.gif

Let's hope, that such a scenario NEVER, and I mean EVER occurs in this lifetime.

I hope it does, imagine the scenes when liverpool help utd win a title. Would be epic!!!!

I hope it does, imagine the scenes when liverpool help utd win a title. Would be epic!!!!

Nearly happened, we had to beat West Ham and they had to beat Blackburn and we'd win title, we couldn't keep up our end, West Hams keeper played a blinder, that must have been early/mid 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Showing my age here, but that could've happened the year Blackburn Rovers won it. Liverpool beat Blackburn on the final day but Utd had a horror show at West Ham.

edit: beaten to it!

Yep we did everything and just couldnt win that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Nearly happened, we had to beat West Ham and they had to beat Blackburn and we'd win title, we couldn't keep up our end, West Hams keeper played a blinder, that must have been early/mid 90's

I remember listening to it on 5 live whilst lifting stones out of a field on a very warm summer's day and feeling heartbroken. Even watching MOTD that I still had hope the radio was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

I’ve had a rake of beers, but I’m strongly of the view that we’re one midfielder away from sucking diesel and challenging for the title.

And, don’t laugh, I wouldn’t fall off my bar stool if United won the European Cup this year.

In Jose we trust.

• Advertisement

I’ve had a rake of beers, but I’m strongly of the view that we’re one midfielder away from sucking diesel and challenging for the title.

And, don’t laugh, I wouldn’t fall off my bar stool if United won the European Cup this year.

In Jose we trust.

Sorry to disappoint but that's impossible, They already won that when they beat Maribor 7-0 away from home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I used to be of that opinion, on paper you could make the case for it.

But not any more, for two reasons. One, this team periodically ****s the bed and produces a horrible performance out of nowhere, chances are pretty high that we will see one of "those" games in the CL and it will be goodnight Irene.

And two, this team is now consistent in failing to perform in big games against rivals and big teams. Last season was bad, this season has been worse, we have been useless against Liverpool, City and Spurs, lost to Chelsea and were blessed to beat Arsenal.

Prone to randomly bad games and very poor against the better teams? Thats not good in a knockout competition against big teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We are essentially the opposite of Liverpool. Flat track bullies to their game raising cnutyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BS rumour of the day courtesy of the Star..

"Jose is willing to let De Gea join Madrid if he gets Bale in return."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

I’m gonna throw a fiver on Huddersfield today just in case, if we lose the blow will be softened by being €100 richer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement