Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lads there was a recent thread that ranked managers and the first couple of posts I read had Klopp higher than Jose :pac:

Going past delusion and ending up at batshít crazyville, I would put good money on the guy never winning a major trophy again.

In 17 years of management,all he's won are 2 leagues back to back and the German Cup and after the second one things went into meltdown at Dortmund.
    Compare that to Jose and see how deep the delusion is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

In 17 years of management,all he's won are 2 leagues back to back and the German Cup and after the second one things went into meltdown at Dortmund.

But

But

But

The press?

The heavy metal football?

THE PRESS?????!!!!!!??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I mean, you arent comparing apples with apples here. Jose has spent the last 17 years at pretty dominant clubs in their respective leagues so the comparison isn't entirely fair.

Where klopp really needs to sort his **** out is in defensive transitions and he needs to hold his midfield far more accountable for this imo.

But

But

But

The press?

It's Gegendepressing over there right now.

I mean, you arent comparing apples with apples here. Jose has spent the last 17 years at pretty dominant clubs in their respective leagues so the comparison isn't entirely fair.

Where klopp really needs to sort his **** out is in defensive transitions and he needs to hold his midfield far more accountable for this imo.

Went to a team that nearly won the league and hasn't pushed them on.
    Anyhow fook feeling sorry for him,I hope he continues with his naive "we'll outscore everyone" approach and keeps getting fellated by the media who are too busy kneeling before him to see his lack of success while we continue to win things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Klopp is a likeable lad but he'd melt my head if he was manager of my team. He's easily the most naive of all the managers at the bigger clubs. You can't set up to win every game 4-3 you cant continue to blame the midfield cos he sets the team up that way. Buck stops with bim and no oneelse. it's easy on the eye football sure but it's not going to win leagues

That being said his teams play well in the big games so he could still go on a run in the CL

Jaysus, just having a look at some of the league tables around Europe and noticed that Atletico are in second with only 29 goals scored in 20 games. They have somehow onky conceded 9. Imagine the scenes if Simeone replaced Mourinho when he eventually leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Spurs not in great form. Go for the win mid week and get top 4 wrapped up

Klopp is an absolute wenger by the way. The similarities are crazy

Unearthly wrote: »
    Spurs not in great form. Go for the win mid week and get top 4 wrapped up

Yeah, a win midweek guarantees top 4 I would say. 11 points clear of 5th would be a tough ask for any team. If Harry Kane could just stand on a Lego and miss the game, I'd be very confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Unearthly wrote: »
    A manager who revolutionised premier league management but who's stock has dropped because what once was a USP has now become the norm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wenger has been a far more successful manager and his best Arsenal teams would wipe the floor with any of Klopps teams.

Jayop wrote: »
    Wenger has been a far more successful manager and his best Arsenal teams would wipe the floor with any of Klopps teams.

In fairness to Wenger,back when he had Adams,Keown,Dixon,Winterburn at the back and Seaman in goal they were a formidable defensive unit. That's not even mentioning that midfield who could play and fight with the best.
    There's lads posting here who are too young to remember that team and the legendary battles with United.
    The modern incarnation of that is a pale imitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

But

But

But

The press?

It's Gegendepressing over there right now.

Love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m always torn between wanting our rivals to get knocked out of competitions or stay in them to increase the amount of games they have to play.

It’s a win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11224013/pep-guardiola-says-he-has-been-restrained-by-manchester-citys-budget

City spend more then every English team and have been for years, WTF is he talking about?. If Jose says anything remotely “poor us” he gets savaged...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Drumpot wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11224013/pep-guardiola-says-he-has-been-restrained-by-manchester-citys-budget

City spend more then every English team and have been for years, WTF is he talking about?. If Jose says anything remotely “poor us” he gets savaged...

Does he honestly believe this crap when it comes out of his mouth? City will end up paying as much and more than United have had to recently once the likes of silva and aguero need to be replaced, they paid a lot for de bruyne to replace toure and the silly money hadn't begun at that time. Managers really need to keep their mouths shut on this stuff because like klopp saying he'd leave the game for good if he had to spend huge money on players they all eat their words eventually.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/d_degea/status/957601191634063362

Hard to believe he’s been at the club for seven years already. I still think of him as our new keeper in a way, one we always trying to nail down for the long term!!

adox wrote: »

Hard to believe he’s been at the club for seven years already. I still think of him as our new keeper in a way, one we always trying to nail down for the long term!!

Was just looking at his medal collection and it's pathetic for a player of his quality. Had he been at the club any other time in the past 25 years he'd be so decorated. Desperately need to hold onto him and win the league quickly to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Was just looking at his medal collection and it's pathetic for a player of his quality. Had he been at the club any other time in the past 25 years he'd be so decorated. Desperately need to hold onto him and win the league quickly to keep him.

Counterpoint: Even in a bad run for United he still has a trophy collection most players would kill for! League, FA cup, league cup and Europa league medals, not too shabby!

• Advertisement

Counterpoint: Even in a bad run for United he still has a trophy collection most players would kill for! League, FA cup, league cup and Europa league medals, not too shabby!

Yeah I hear you, but he's not most players. He's the best player in the world in his position and given that he's entitled to think he'd have more than one league title in 7 years and more success in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wenger still wins trophies, and I would be happy as a United fan for Arsenal to win the Europa League.
    Wenger has been quite nice towards United lately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Poor Saint Pep says he doesn't have enough money to spend

When Jose said in December that we hadn't spent enough to compete with him he was absolutely slaughtered. Pep makes a more ridiculous statement and there's not a peep. In fact, Sky Sports shared this article above with the caption: "Can Manchester City compete financially for the best players in Europe?"

I mean, did you ever hear such ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

New retro jersey

adidas-manchester-united-2018-retro-jersey%2B%25282%2529.jpg

RobertKK wrote: »
    Wenger still wins trophies, and I would be happy as a United fan for Arsenal to win the Europa League.

Agreed and I've generally found arsenal fans to be far easier to listen to than Pool fans despite the fact that in the last 20 years arsenal have a lot more to crow about. Wouldn't mind them winning the Europa at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

xtal191 wrote: »
    New retro jersey

adidas-manchester-united-2018-retro-jersey%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Looks off with the new crest might have looked nicer with the old one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Hococop wrote: »

Still a tasty effort though, ill be getting my hands on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

adox wrote: »

Agree.

DDG is an exceptional player who deserves credit for being at the club for so long during a relatively poor period in comparison to the last 25 years!

It’s easy to forget he actually has a league title (still more then Liverpool squad!).

Also a ridiculous professional, his form has never wavered , even during transfer rumors. When his move to Madrid broke down , while it’s unclear exactly what happened, he kept his mouth shut and played brilliantly. Shame most footballers can’t match his class and professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He's been at United 7 years, wonder where that particular poster who said De Gea wouldn't be any good is? :pac:

Also first pictures of Alexis in training.

DUoTAgoX4AIRQAC.jpg

DUoTAgjWsAAdEhy.jpg

What a week it's been...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ha it’s mad that he is saying this when he is about to spend 60m on ANOTHER defender..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »

That's the general feeling from most United fans lately but the Arsenal fans are like fuk you and you and you and you over there too fuk you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I wonder how much de Gea appreciates Uniteds patience in his early days at the club?

It was clear before he arrived at United that he was a special player but things could have turned out very differently during his first two seasons at the club.

Delighted to have witnessed his competitive debut when we came back to beat City in the community shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Hococop wrote: »

And the old Adidas three leaf with three stripes logo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Agreed and I've generally found arsenal fans to be far easier to listen to than Pool fans despite the fact that in the last 20 years arsenal have a lot more to crow about. Wouldn't mind them winning the Europa at all.

Was this even up for debate
    Liverpool fans are the Barcelona of annoying fans, they start training them young in how they want them to be annoying
    Arsenal fans are usually relaxed

irishman86 wrote: »
    Was this even up for debate
    Liverpool fans are the Barcelona of annoying fans, they start training them young in how they want them to be annoying

Just bask in the knowledge that within 2 seasons there'll be a whole generation of them starting secondary school that won't have seen them win a trophy.

Bet he feels like a sixth year student having to go back repeat sixth class with all the handshakes going on :)

Just bask in the knowledge that within 2 seasons there'll be a whole generation of them starting secondary school that won't have seen them win a trophy.

They won the lc in 2012
    Why does everyone hate the LC :pac:

They won the lc in 2012

Obviously cantonas collar hasn't heard about them winning that yet. He is still in shock at the club rehiring Kenny daglish.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Obviously cantonas collar hasn't heard about them winning that yet. He is still in shock at the club rehiring Kenny daglish.

But he signed Big Andy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I wonder how much de Gea appreciates Uniteds patience in his early days at the club

The patience was partly forced by having Lindegaard and Cusack as back up. And partly cos there was faith in his ability. It wasn't some philanthropic gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kuszczak.

They won the lc in 2012

Guess which team thought they were too good for it and that's where the term "Mickey Mouse Cup" came from.;)

They won the lc in 2012

Number of days since last trophy win (as of Jan. 28th, 2018):

Arsenal - 246
    Man U - 249
    Chelsea - 252
    Man City - 700
    Liverpool - 2,163
    Spurs - 3,626

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Kuszczak.

I was vaguely aware that it wasn't actually Cusack.

Think we need to worry about our own team now lads.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Think we need to worry about our own team now lads.

Nah we're allowed to knock till Monday out of Liverpool losing.

Nah we're allowed to knock till Monday out of Liverpool losing.

Yep,makes a change from the bickering that's been going on here lately.

Guess which team thought they were too good for it and that's where the term "Mickey Mouse Cup" came from.;)

Aston Villa against Bradford :pac::pac:
    I dont get the Mickey Mouse cup nonsense a trophy is a trophy

• Advertisement

Aston Villa against Bradford :pac::pac:
    I dont get the Mickey Mouse cup nonsense a trophy is a trophy

I've had some of them trying to tell me the Europa League was a Mickey mouse trophy. I suppose it was seeing as they didn't win it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement