Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jayop wrote: »
    We are essentially the opposite of Liverpool. Flat track bullies to their game raising cnutyness.

This isn't true this season. It was last year that they had a great record against the better teams and got undone against the rest.In general Liverpool have been much better this season against teams that defend deep compared to last season. Liverpool are on 2 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats against the top 6, that's 9 pts from 7 games, Liverpool have 41 pts from 18 games against the other 14 teams . Utd have 2 wins 1 draw 3 defeats against the top 6, 7 pts from 6 games, against the rest 46 pts from 19 games. Not much of a difference at all with the results both with 1 defeat to bottom 14 teams and both have had a few poor draws Liverpool a couple more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Apologies for the shîtstorm on thread last night folks.

Match day is upon us, hoping for a big win to get over the midweek crap. Have the wee lad kitted out in his first kit.. thankfully the aul lad got it, mad money for something that’s gonna last a couple of months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »

Match day is upon us, hoping for a big win to get over the midweek crap. Have the wee lad kitted out in his first kit.. thankfully the aul lad got it, mad money for something that’s gonna last a couple of months!

Did you not say your missus was a pool fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did you not say your missus was a pool fan?

Yep so it’s a huge win ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thailand, Ontario or the USA for today's game? Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Well lads is Phil Jones going to start today he was not seen at the Lowry earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought Thailand was better for pingpong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

States mos likely what’s Bein 11’s game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bein sport 11 will be on the ball today pal better analysis too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

**** it, Just bring in Shaw, Rojo and Lindelof, cant be any worse than the ****e show the other night

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    **** it, Just bring in Shaw, Rojo and Lindelof, cant be any worse than the ****e show the other night

The other night was bad it was really low but it could also spell as a kick in the arse for most of them players you don't always have to fix a sh1t show by dropping players sometimes a good kick in the arse and the shame of the reports ect can do more then dropping.

Edit I do agree with Shaw tho i think he would rip up the left with Sanchez and Sanchez would live playing with him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    The other night was bad it was really low but it could also spell as a kick in the arse for most of them players you don't always have to fix a sh1t show by dropping players sometimes a good kick in the arse and the shame of the reports ect can do more then dropping.

Edit I do agree with Shaw tho i think he would rip up the left with Sanchez and Sanchez would live playing with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rojo and Jones reunite. I know Jones was much worse than Smalling the last night but he had a brilliant partnership with Rojo that was very solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Christ lads move on from the mid week result. Expecting a good 2/3-0 win here

Give Matic a rest and Carrick a start, Hererra with a run out as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rojo and Jones reunite. I know Jones was much worse than Smalling the last night but he had a brilliant partnership with Rojo that was very solid.

Do you not remember how bad rojo has been this year since his injury he has been shadow of the player last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Smalling shows much less composure than Jones and is generally the subject of more pressing from the opposition when on the ball. Yes, Jones scored the OG but there were a few times when Smalling just kicked the ball away and invited pressure, which is suicide in those type of games. He's become a real problem imo and being on the same side as Valencia means there is very little defensive stability on that side.

Do you not remember how bad rojo has been this year since his injury he has been shadow of the player last year.

True but maybe that was just a fitness issue? Rojo was nearly always a bit kamikaze for us but himself and Jones somehow paired remarkably well.

Pep is complaining now that he didn't have enough players to put on the bench for the love of God hahaha. Donno what sky are responding to it but keys and grey called him pathetic and it's true.

Liam O wrote: »
    Smalling shows much less composure than Jones and is generally the subject of more pressing from the opposition when on the ball. Yes, Jones scored the OG but there were a few times when Smalling just kicked the ball away and invited pressure, which is suicide in those type of games. He's become a real problem imo and being on the same side as Valencia means there is very little defensive stability on that side.

Jones goes right with Rojo left which could be one of the reasons they paired well. It was an unexpected fruitful pairing.

Pep is complaining now that he didn't have enough players to put on the bench for the love of God hahaha. Donno what sky are responding to it but keys and grey called him pathetic and it's true.

Going by Twitter I think G. Nev called it pathetic and asked whats the point of the academy. Cue Nev getting abuse all sides for speaking against his majesty :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »

We'll chalk it down to baby brain!

:pac:

Hoping for a big response today after Wednesday's unpleasantness.

Im on the way to my own match so missed it! Can imagine Sky lapping it up about greedy Sanchez and slav driving Leicester

MrMac84 wrote: »
    States mos likely what’s Bein 11’s game?

It's United. Posted it on the screenshot last night.

Im on the way to my own match so missed it! Can imagine Sky lapping it up about greedy Sanchez and slav driving Leicester

The sky interviews that bein sports used said pep was making a quiet a statement leaving an empty seat on the bench and Richard keys said I'm going to make a statement that's pathetic haha.

What does it say to all the academy players that are fighting for a place on bench even with an empty seat your not good enough to risk.

So Jones is out today with a bug.. who’ll come in? Rojo?

So Jones is out today with a bug.. who’ll come in? Rojo?

I'd much prefer Victor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd much prefer Victor.

Normally yeah but after his awful performance against these in the last game it might be on his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The real "Monster who kills the kids."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wonder what the deal is with Lindelof, I thought that after a poor start he had started to play well, then for no reason he seems to have disappeared again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Don't count on it.

Normally yeah but after his awful performance against these in the last game it might be on his mind

He put in a decent string if performances before he was dropped again he has done more to earn a place then rojo has .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Don't count on it.

Indeed. The Liverpool game was followed by the crap at Huddersfield. The Bristol and Leicester ****ups were followed by the Burnley and Southampton results. These crap performances are not generally followed by an immediate "reaction".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hopefully Rojo comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He put in a decent string if performances before he was dropped again he has done more to earn a place then rojo has .

Yeah don't get me wrong I rate the guy, I'd just worry about his mentality for this specific game.

Yeah don't get me wrong I rate the guy, I'd just worry about his mentality for this specific game.

Can't be any worse then the mentality of the team against spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Indeed. The Liverpool game was followed by the crap at Huddersfield. The Bristol and Leicester ****ups were followed by the Burnley and Southampton results. These crap performances are not generally followed by an immediate "reaction".

Even the City defeat was followed by a less than convincing home win over Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cotts72 wrote: »

None are midfielders. Jones had a nightmare the other night and while I have serious reservations about him, he’s had a good season. The defence is left exposed over and over again when Pogba is part of a midfield two.

This bs about him not being a DM is just that. He’s not being asked to play as a DM. He’s being asked to play as part of a midfield two. Jaysus you know your responsibilities for that position from playing in school. It’s not rocket science.

Anyway the point I’m trying to make is that the defence will always struggle and look worse than it actually is with the two man midfield with Pogba. I would be rushing to make judgements on the centre backs pairing and in my mind at his present moment Jones and Smalling are much better centre backs than either Rojo or Lindelof.

Shaw is nearly a 50/50 call with Young, exasperated by Young’s poor performance the other night. But let’s remember Shaw has had maybe half a dozen games so far while Toung has been very reliable overall this season.
    I was sure Shaw was out the door and still may be, but I would like to see him as our LB long term if he stays as he is left footed, very pacey and a real threat.
    We have had false dawns with him before tough so I’ve no problem with Young being given the nod over him. Sure it was only a couple of weeks back that people on here were praising Young to the hilt for his performances.

Also all this talk of thumping Huddersfield 4 or 5 nil, yeah it would be great but all I want is a win. Points is all it’s about now at this stage of the season. Get enough to finish second by whatever means. I’d take 1-0 now and move on.

adox wrote: »
    Also all this talk of thumping Huddersfield 4 or 5 nil, yeah it would be great but all I want is a win. Points is all it’s about now at this stage of the season. Get enough to finish second by whatever means. I’d take 1-0 now and move on.

Don't think many are talking of thumping Huddersfield haha I'd take a decent performance and a goal victory.

Don't think many are talking of thumping Huddersfield haha I'd take a decent performance and a goal victory.

Read a few in the last couple of pages talking of 2 and 3 nil wins and one a 5-0 win. 😀

Thumping them would be great an all, especially after the poor showing in the corresponding fixture but the three points is what it’s about today, especially with things tightening up in the race for the top four positions. It would be a disappointment to finish below second this season having held the position for so long. It could easily happen.

adox wrote: »
    Read a few in the last couple of pages talking of 2 and 3 nil wins and one a 5-0 win. 😀

Thumping them would be great an all, especially after the poor showing in the corresponding fixture but the three points is what it’s about today, especially with things tightening up in the race for the top four positions. It would be a disappointment to finish below second this season having held the position for so long. It could easily happen.

Ah yeah but did anyone we take serious say 5 nil haha (I actually don't know who posted 5 nil) 2 goal win is not unreasonable to ask for but i just want a decent performance out of the team and a victory.

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BevJ7X4Fwhx/

Fans paying tribute before the game.

#TheFlowersOfManchester

Rob Dawson speculating that Jose will make a few changes today in reaction to the performances midweek. We will find out shortly!

Pogba dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/959788633707483137
    Young, Jones, Pogba& Martial dropped

https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/status/959788663990300672

No Martial either. Shaw in for Young and Rojo for Jones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That team says Jose was seriously pissed. Glad it annoyed him as much as the fans.

I'm delighted with that team giving mctominay the nod over pogba and his attitude could be excellent for both players.

Personally I’m delighted to see him give some players the chop or “rest them”.
    Whatever about the formation etc it was such a **** show that players shouldn’t be allowed get away with it.

Ballsy to take Pogba off during the week and drop him today. ( not picking on Pogba particularly but he is our “star”player” and will always grab the most attention if not picked)

Jose is the boss for better or worse. Work for him or face the consequences. How a club should be run by a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No harm to shake things up though I'm sure we will have many that decode it's Jose throwing people under the bus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement