Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jose is not a happy man clearly. Good on him for that. Still a very strong line up. Happy Mctominay gets a start. Big day for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I want to see plenty of energy today and fight. Nothing but 3 points acceptable and hopefully a trouncing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Happy to see him take action/reaction from the Spurs game.

BUT there'll be people who'll use "not playing your best players" as a stick to beat him with after the game unless it's a 3 or 4 nil win....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We could win the league yet lads :):)

jayo26 wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt0QaVQV7Ine8wXjVEq9Qqqg6HYhCKGymsRshwiEcv2e0BSJLn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Would have had pogba in for lingard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If City draw or lose then we won't win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is the type of game we need Pogba to break down a defence

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Today is also De Gea's 300th game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least we should have a disciplined midfield two today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Didn't take long for Martial to be completely ousted with Sanchez taking his place on the left.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt0QaVQV7Ine8wXjVEq9Qqqg6HYhCKGymsRshwiEcv2e0BSJLn

Haha to be fair reason why I said it was because we not gonna win it eitherway so the shut the fuk up rule don't apply here ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Happy to see him take action/reaction from the Spurs game.

BUT there'll be people who'll use "not playing your best players" as a stick to beat him with after the game unless it's a 3 or 4 nil win....

And you know what? Even if the result doesn’t go our way today I still think Jose is doing the right thing dropping players. There has to be consequences for poor performances and the players have to know they can’t try and cruise through games no matter how important they think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

adox wrote: »
    And you know what? Even if the result doesn’t go our way today I still think Jose is doing the right thing dropping players. There has to be consequences for poor performances and the players have to know they can’t try and cruise through games no matter how important they think they are.

Couldn't agree more. The players gave up during the week and that can't be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Big game needed from Mata today. If we struggle to break them down then we may end up relying on whether he's able to pick a pass or not.

I would think Sanchez will do slot of creating without pogba there will be more room for him to drift infield and for Jesse to get out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You can guarantee it. You could almost guess who they'll be as well. But **** them, he is completely right to gut that gutless team and I am happy to say that whether we win today or not.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Didn't take long for Martial to be completely ousted with Sanchez taking his place on the left.

This the same Martial that was given the starting spot on Wednesday and did **** all with it?

Sean dyche doing some job with Burnley seems like a really nice guy too.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Big game needed from Mata today. If we struggle to break them down then we may end up relying on whether he's able to pick a pass or not.

Sanchez is very creative.

Yep he is one of the highest chance creaters in the league. Looking forward to seen how him and Shaw link up.

• Advertisement

Oh hey, don't get me wrong. I 100% agree with you.

Sean dyche doing some job with Burnley seems like a really nice guy too.

Other than the whole "worm eating" thing.

boogeyman6ww1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This the same Martial that was given the starting spot on Wednesday and did **** all with it?
    Well he started on the right. I'm not saying he is 100% entitled to that position on the left either.

It just looks more and more like jose has bought Sanchez with intensions of using him on the left.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Well he started on the right. I'm not saying he is 100% entitled to that position on the left either.

It just looks more and more like jose has bought Sanchez with intensions of using him on the left.

Sanchez has played two games.

Martial played one of them, played half of it on the left, and was dire.

Can we wait a handful of games before we start making logic leaps like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think Sanchez was brought because he can play all 4 attacking positions. We can probably expect him to have played in all of them before the season is out.

Yep, but still isn't immune from any teething issues that may come with playing in a new team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Horrible that every time City slip up it seems to be just after we shoot ourselves in the foot. Can't even enjoy them taking a draw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I couldn't care less about the result, Jose did the right thing by dropping few players. If possible should have dropped Matic too but then again we don't have anyone to play in his position (think Herrera is injured).

Result is not a problem against Spurs, lack of effort was pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the result, Jose did the right thing by dropping few players. If possible should have dropped Matic too but then again we don't have anyone to play in his position (think Herrera is injured).

Result is not a problem against Spurs, lack of effort was pathetic.

Surely Carrick could slot in for Matic for a game, he looks asolutely knackered after the 60th odd min, could do with a rest

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yep, but still isn't immune from any teething issues that may come with playing in a new team.

True but I think Sanchez will find himself in that “final ball” position today as much as if not more than Mata and is as capable of delivering.

• What channel lads?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel lads?

Bien 1 is perfect

• Jayop wrote: »
    Bien 1 is perfect

Don't have that :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel lads?

I'm watching on NBCSN.

• I'm watching on NBCSN.

Cheers got it

• Advertisement

True but I think Sanchez will find himself in that “final ball” position today as much as if not more than Mata and is as capable of delivering.

Capable yes, I was just saying that he could easily end up having a bit part performance where he's in and out of the game and it'd be understandable with a new group of players etc. We're relying on Mata for the creativity then in that scenario.

Huddersfield have left out a few of their better players though so here's hoping for a comfortable 2-0 home win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just sitting down to watch it now, that line up! Lads dropped all over the place!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Playing some nice stuff there.

Great start here

• Advertisement

Aye some of the nicest passing I've seen for a long time. Very slick and quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

For what it’s worth I think the performance against Spurs was as much down to management mistakes as it was down to the players.

I agree with Shaw in. I think he’s earned it. Jones has arguably been our best player this year so I think he deserves better than being dropped after one bad game.

As someone else said, this is the sort of game Pogba shines in. It is a poor decision to drop him on the basis of the manager making selection mistakes on Wednesday.

Martial was our biggest threat on Wednesday.

I think Jose has got it wrong and is probably attempting to absolve himself of the blame for the Spurs game. We should have enough anyway to beat this lot.

How the **** is that not a booking? Mental.

• Hahahahah ref is blind

Clear penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

McTominay got clattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Jayop wrote: »
    How the **** is that not a booking? Mental.

And the peno shout now too, Mctominay taking a beating.

How is that not a pen???

This is crazy.

Thats a ****ing penalty!

Them pitches are hard ouch strong chap he is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement