Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did you mean to post that in the arsenal thread????

Nah was for here for a few of our fellow united fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Not that it was in doubt but I think it’s safe to say that swapping Sanchez for Mickey was very good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With any luck, these hackers will be back in the Chamionship next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really good second half performance. Some great attacking play and interlinks between the lads at points today. Huddersfield utterly toothless though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pogba plays well with no defensive responsibility. Further forward is nothing to do with it he has played in the left of q midfield 3 and played very well. It's no mystery as to how to get the best out of him.

Before creaming your pants you also need to remember the opposition and the situation.

Everyone knows this and it's nothing new again the biggest alarm against spurs was his attitude not his poor performance.

• Can't believe we lost to this shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Everyone knows this.

Youd be surprised

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't believe we lost to this shower

They were playing alot different back then they played lively football at start of season they are just nasty now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

TBH Huddersfield were not this filthy last time iirc. They had some nice play earlier in the season but recently they have melted down.

• Advertisement

They were playing alot different back then they played lively football at start of season they are just nasty now.

Guess I'm todays zerks then

Decent performance overall will take that after the last outing I'm really happy with matic and mctominay in midfield I hope Jose keeps that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sanchez is class apart, what a player. He was kicked all game, still never stopped running till 90th min.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Sanchez is class apart, what a player. He was kicked all game, still never stopped running till 90th min.

You wouldn't think it by reading the arsenal thread they really are sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The FA should be ashamed at the level of officiating in that game.

Calling it horrendous would be kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There all massively depressed in there you can feel the dark cloud come over you when you enter the thread sure.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »

Jose cant say anything about it naturally.

Its only United sure who cares!

Sure weren't we paying off refs for years back in the day!!

Oh dear just saw the posts, not sure whether they were watching this game or some Arsenal game replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thought it improved in the 2nd half, quicker out with the cards which allowed United to play a bit more. First half was terrible though, and not just for United.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Oh dear just saw the posts, not sure whether they were watching this game or some Arsenal game replay.

Don't know but the contrast of reaction of each player leaving by both sets of fans is unreal.

• Advertisement

Don't know but the contrast of reaction of each player leaving by both sets of fans is unreal.

They almost make Liverpool fans look normal.........

Fwiw I wasn't very impressed with Sanchez today. Thought he gave the ball away too much and was a bit all over the place with his positioning. Then again getting clattered time after time can't be helpful.

They almost make Liverpool fans look normal.........

Pool fans are grand they give it as good as they get it I've no problem with that.

The others just seem bitter for no reason and we aren't even competing with them for anything.

Anyway who cares we can sit back and enjoy the game tomorrow knowing we will be minimum six points off fifth place.

]Pool fans are grand they give it as good as they get it I've no problem with that.

The others just seem bitter for no reason and we aren't even competing with them for anything.

Anyway who cares we can sit back and enjoy the game tomorrow knowing we will be minimum six points off fifth place.[/QUOTE]

Oh i dunno if you lived near Tallaght you wouldnt be saying that now :pac:

Liam O wrote: »
    Thought it improved in the 2nd half, quicker out with the cards which allowed United to play a bit more. First half was terrible though, and not just for United.

A card or two early in the game would of stopped it all akit earlier he allowed too much to go.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Fwiw I wasn't very impressed with Sanchez today. Thought he gave the ball away too much and was a bit all over the place with his positioning. Then again getting clattered time after time can't be helpful.

I love his attitude to keep running until the last minute and demanding more from the players around him. Yes he gives the ball away but that's type of player he is he is always looking to get the ball forward and creat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pool fans are grand they give it as good as they get it I've no problem with that.

Anyway who cares we can sit back and enjoy the game tomorrow knowing we will be minimum six points off fifth place.

selling your best players every year, with no title challenge for years and always getting knocked out in champions league last 16 cant help.

Come on man, Sanchez was their best or second best player, we want Mkhitaryan out to make way for Sanchez :D

Still they are clutching at straws though with how they analysed his game. He was class apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sanchez was my motm. Don’t see how people thought he was poor

adox wrote: »
    Sanchez was my motm. Don’t see how people thought he was poor

He worked his bollox off some of the movement and passing with Mata in first half was amazing.

I missed most the second half but caught the last 15 minutes and even then things looked quite tasty with all those attacking players on the pitch.

A card or two early in the game would of stopped it all akit earlier he allowed too much to go.

I love his attitude to keep running until the last minute and demanding more from the players around him. Yes he gives the ball away but that's type of player he is he is always looking to get the ball forward and creat.

I'd somewhat agree but not if he is picking the ball up in deeper positions and losing it given how susceptible United are to counter attacks. He should be playing right up the pitch on the right side with Martial doing the same on the left.

With Pogba I think Mata or Lingard could play a deeper central role beside him rather than in front of him and it would solve a lot of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/959832958915022852

No player has been fouled more often in a Premier League game this season than Alexis Sanchez was vs Huddersfield today. Targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/959832958915022852

No player has been fouled more often in a Premier League game this season than Alexis Sanchez was vs Huddersfield today. Targeted.

Wouldnt mind a enforcer in the team, a few words and a borderline challenge on some of their offenders would help.

kona wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind a enforcer in the team, a few words and a borderline challenge on some of their offenders would help.

no it would probably make it worse

bangkok wrote: »

No it would probably make it better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Didnt watch today's game. But Sanchez will be a huge player for United. Much as I hate to say it.
    Great player and exactly the sort of something from nothing that Mourinho likes.
    He's a big plus for yee guys. (Liverpool fan myself)

He'd walk into any side in the Prem.

How? Shouldn't be letting teams kick our best player around.

kona wrote: »
    How? Shouldn't be letting teams kick our best player around.

happens messi every game, happens ronaldo, hazard, neymar etc

sanchez has got kicked all his career, even at arsenal, just because he plays for united now you probably notice it more.

also you cannot stop a team kicking one of our players, only the ref can do that by carding the other team

mkhitarayan with his first assist for arsenal

• Advertisement

happens messi every game, happens ronaldo, hazard, neymar etc

sanchez has got kicked all his career, even at arsenal, just because he plays for united now you probably notice it more.

also you cannot stop a team kicking one of our players, only the ref can do that by carding the other team

Ref did a outstanding job today alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

selling your best players every year, with no title challenge for years and always getting knocked out in champions league last 16 cant help.

And being sold Wele and Silvestre aswell.

I'd be as sour as they are too tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Didnt watch today's game. But Sanchez will be a huge player for United. Much as I hate to say it.
    Great player and exactly the sort of something from nothing that Mourinho likes.
    He's a big plus for yee guys. (Liverpool fan myself)

He'd walk into any side in the Prem.

Hopefully he will be a monster for us though ive had my heart broken by DiMaria, Falcao and Mikhi in the not too distant pass so I will try and temper my expectations somewhat.

I think it's from next season when we will really see the best of him so if he chips in with enough for us to get top 4 this year I'll be happy enough.

Two assists for Miki. Typical :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Second was a mile offside, not even close, really need a thorough review of all officials

For once I agree with Pep who called for more protection for players.I thought the days of players of lesser quality kicking lumps out of better teams were nearly gone but something has changed this season and is getting worse.
    Refs should be quicker with cards for thuggish tackles. Something must have been said at half time today as the ref was woeful in the first half but changed his approach in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

He started off ok for us too.

For once I agree with Pep who called for more protection for players.I thought the days of players of lesser quality kicking lumps out of better teams were nearly gone but something has changed this season and is getting worse.
    Refs should be quicker with cards for thuggish tackles. Something must have been said at half time today as the ref was woeful in the first half but changed his approach in the 2nd half.

it has actually improve a lot, remember the days of gary and phil neville taking turns to take reyes out of the game. maybe its just the fact we played huddersfield today and yeovil the other week and they kicked lumps out of our players and its expected to be honest and if it was the other way around we would do the very same

https://twitter.com/Pogba6FC/status/959809682448814080

another view of the mctominay challenge. def wasnt violent conduct or an elbow but was 100% a clear peno

https://twitter.com/Pogba6FC/status/959809682448814080

another view of the mctominay challenge. def wasnt violent conduct or an elbow but was 100% a clear peno

Thugersfield.

Thugersfield.

2 lads making an honest challenge for the ball

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement