Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I thought he did brilliantly today. Grew into the game and played like an experienced midfielder. Really hope we see him and Matic start next week with Pogba in front of them.

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/959836786670342144

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Offtopic but what a bloody finish to the rugby.

I thought he did brilliantly today. Grew into the game and played like an experienced midfielder. Really hope we see him and Matic start next week with Pogba in front of them.

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/959836786670342144

Same he was head and shoulders above anything Herrera has done this season so composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What a kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pjohnson wrote: »
    What a kick

Jose tactic, hoofball. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    Offtopic but what a bloody finish to the rugby.

Led by 6, trailed by 1, won by 2, bloody hell, it was a nail biter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Rugby is one sport I've never gotten into.

Players have a week off now so the likes of Matic will get some badly needed down time.

Best result for us tomorrow a LFC win?

bangkok wrote: »
    2 lads making an honest challenge for the ball

Yer man has no intention of getting the ball. He is lost, with his back to the incoming ball, and his reaction is to leap into McTominay with a leading knee and elbow.

I just can't take you seriously about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yer man has no intention of getting the ball. He is lost, with his back to the incoming ball, and his reaction is to leap into McTominay with a leading knee and elbow.

he will get a 3 match ban then by the fa if thats the case...

Anyways, Fellaini under went a successful operation this morning.
    UNITED CONFIRM FELLAINI OPERATION
    Marouane Fellaini faces a spell on the sidelines after undergoing a knee operation on Saturday morning to cure a knee problem.

The Belgian was withdrawn at Wembley against Tottenham after only seven minutes on the pitch as a substitute and missed the 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town.

The surgery took place on the 30-year-old's left knee to remove a displaced fragment of lateral meniscus. The procedure was straightforward and he can start rehabilitation immediately. The club expects him to return within six weeks.

Speaking earlier at his post-match press conference, manager Jose Mourinho confirmed he must plan without the midfielder, and suggested there is no threat to his hopes of playing at the World Cup finals.

He had surgery this morning, I don't want to be very specific. I prefer the doctor give you some information officially that we can put on our website. But it is not the end of the season. Not at all.

It's a small intervention in his external meniscus and I want to believe that, by the end of the March, he can be back. If he is back by the end of March, I hope we have a big April and a big May and we are still to play in more than one competition.

Fellaini joins Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the list of absentees although both are making progress in terms of their fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Players have a week off now so the likes of Matic will get some badly needed down time.

Fook Liverpool. Hope they get smashed. We just have to take care of our business.
    But Spurs being Spurs will probably bottle it again in a big away game anyway.

I wouldn't be a massive rugby fan but k live watchinģ the Irish team such a contrast in passion and emotions compared to the soccer team.

In regards tomorrow I'd prefer a draw and if not that a spurs win. I know matematiacally a spurs loss is best but I don't care.

You say knowing full well they wont so you can therefore claim "I'm right". Well played.

Right, just like they dealt with Jan Vertonghen retrospectively for his off-the-ball headlock on Herrera?

When's Bailly back and what's the story with ur man who sounds like a bottle of wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Love the rugby myself. Used to watch the five nations with my late father for years every year. Since then have lost my mother at the end of 2016 and my sister last August, both who lived in the family home. Am sitting here in the family house after watching a Utd win and watching the rugby thinking of my Dad with a “for sale” sign outside the house. :(

Sorry for going OT but seeing that kick from Sexton go over just brought it all home.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You say knowing full well they wont so you can therefore claim "I'm right". Well played.

of course they wont, do you think it was a red card challenge as well??!

Right, just like they dealt with Jan Vertonghen retrospectively for his off-the-ball headlock on Herrera?

headlock, lol, was that after herrera ran into him? handbags from both of them

When's Bailly back and what's the story with ur man who sounds like a bottle of wine

The end of the month I read earlier.

• Advertisement

Any grown man who uses "LOL" should be shot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hoping for a Liverpool win tomorrow. Open a big gap to 5th and aim to close the gap to 1st as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any grown man who uses "LOL" should be shot :pac:

U OK hun?

Glazers Out!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyways, Fellaini under went a successful operation this morning.

God damn Jose.

DiMarzio tweeted a link earlier which has since been deleted and it outlined the true events of last Wednesday night...

- Fellaini made a mistake and Jose hooked him.

- When Fellaini came off, Jose told him "It is okay, you are injured, we will tell them that is what happened. Go to the dressing room now."

- Fellaini responded with "But boss, I am not injured and will not tell a lie. Fúck this, I should have went to Besiktas. Maybe there is still time."

- After the match while the players were awaiting Jose in the locker room, Fellaini was on his phone checking the price of Bitcoin.

- Jose entered the room and saw Fellaini with the phone in hand. He made a beeline for the unaware Fellaini, ignoring Lingard who asked him to pose for a selfie, and produced an extendable metal rod and struck Fellaini in the side of the knee. Having watched and enjoyed 'I, Tonya' recently, the idea was fresh in Jose's mind.

- Looking down at the fallen Belgian, Jose just said "Now you are injured. Would you like to tell them, or I, Jose?"

I'll try to dig out the link.

clear as day

mc3-e1517672648658.png?w=620&h=323&crop=1

mc2-e1517672659499.png?w=620&h=334&crop=1

mc1-e1517672673832.png?w=620&h=330&crop=1

clear as day

mc3-e1517672648658.png?w=620&h=323&crop=1

mc2-e1517672659499.png?w=620&h=334&crop=1

mc1-e1517672673832.png?w=620&h=330&crop=1

nintchdbpict000382528799-e1517672646884.jpg?strip=all&w=960

You missed a pic.

• Advertisement

clear as day

I was responding to the footage that you were using to justify "two honest lads". Now you are moving on to freeze-frame footage. I have absolutely no interest in going down the 'Where did those goalposts go?' rabbit-hole with you.

I was responding to the footage that you were using to justify "two honest lads". Now you are moving on to freeze-frame footage. I have absolutely no interest in going down the 'Where did those goalposts go?' rabbit-hole with you.

Its like water polo, they just kinda float about in constant motion.

• Rugby is one sport I've never gotten into.

I hope Spurs hammer the **** out of them

watching the footage live as well it was never a red...

FFS everyone here cant think its a red and im the only one that doesnt think it was a red??

id say if i said it was a red everyone would be saying it def was a red. pathetic

FFS everyone here cant think its a red and im the only one that doesnt think it was a red??

id say if i said it was a red everyone would be saying it def was a red. pathetic

Where did I say it was a red?

• Advertisement

• bangkok wrote: »
    its a pen and yellow at most, both went 100% for the ball, mctominay just got there before him

This is what I don't agree with at all

Nothing got to do with a red card

Where did I say it was a red?

was said earlier by someone it was violent conduct and a red, i said it wasnt a red all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I hope Spurs hammer the **** out of them

Surely a draw is the best result for us?

Are ya ok hun? :)

mkhitarayan with a hat trick of assists tonight :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    Are ya ok hun? :)

pm you hun xx

mkhitarayan with a hat trick of assists tonight :(

Ah jaysus, we aren't going to have you lamenting every time Mikhi has a decent game are we???

• Surely a draw is the best result for us?

I don't care I hate Liverpool

Ah jaysus, we aren't going to have you lamenting every time Mikhi has a decent game are we???

no, just a very impressive home debut from him

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't care I hate Liverpool

Good man Mick. Post of the day! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Christ lads there's pages and pages about ye arguing over whether it was a red or not and now half of ye have decided ye weren't even disagreeing in the first place? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Christ lads there's pages and pages about ye arguing over whether it was a red or not and now half of ye have decided ye weren't even disagreeing in the first place? :D

Resolving a disagreement is a good thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Turtwig wrote: »
    Resolving a disagreement is a good thing. :)

Think they just forgot what they were arguing about tbh

Jayop wrote: »
    That's a pen and a red for violent conduct. Disgusting challenge.
    **** off. Cleaned him with a with an elbow in the face for good measure.
    Clattering someone with an additional elbow is violent conduct. But you love being a contrary poster so whatever.
    Have to be careful what I say so not to offend anyone.

I strenuously disagree.
    Adamcp898 wrote: »

looks like it was only jayop who thought it was a red card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

it has actually improve a lot, remember the days of gary and phil neville taking turns to take reyes out of the game. maybe its just the fact we played huddersfield today and yeovil the other week and they kicked lumps out of our players and its expected to be honest and if it was the other way around we would do the very same

Are you serious in the United thread trying to say Reyes was a superior player to Gary Neville? Have a word with yourself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surely a draw is the best result for us?

Draw, followed by a Pool win.

I hate Pool but I'd rather put as much space between us and Spurs if possible, to keep top four more solid.

Are you serious in the United thread trying to say Reyes was a superior player to Gary Neville? Have a word with yourself

??

reyes was a skillful attacking player and one of arsenals best players at that time.

neville was all heart, little skill

they took turns doing bad challenges on him

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Draw, followed by a Pool win.

I hate Pool but I'd rather put as much space between us and Spurs if possible, to keep top four more solid.

That's my thoughts on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I don't ever ever ever envisage a scenario where I would hope for a Liverpool victory. Too many years of "this year is our year ye are mck" has ruined that for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/btsportscore/status/959823114870943744

4 goals and 2 assists for Lukaku in his last six games.

The thing that really struck me today was the first decent ball that got played into him, he buried.

We've got some great technical players; Mata, Lingard and Sanchez' interplay was awesome to watch. But there was a lack of actually playing a killer pass. We don't have anyone who tries to whip in deadly crosses. We try the odd aimless hoof, but I mean a proper fizzing ball. Hopefully as they gel, and as Pogba recovers from the bad game, Lukaku will get more chances...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement