Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I hope it a 3-3 draw, lots of mistakes, 4 red cards, deli alli attacks a supporter gets a 9 month ban, gerrard slips in the studio and van dijk scores an og

bangkok wrote: »
    I hope it a 3-3 draw, lots of mistakes, 4 red cards, deli alli attacks a supporter gets a 9 month ban, gerrard slips in the studio and van dijk scores an og

The Gerrard slip got me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone on Redcafe made a thread asking people how many points will we finish on. 12 games left, here's my guess...

Newcastle A - 3
    Chelsea H - 1
    Palace A - 3
    Liverpool H - 1
    West Ham A - 1
    Swansea H - 3
    City A - 0
    WBA H - 3
    Bournemouth A - 3
    Arsenal H - 1
    Brighton A - 3
    Watford H - 3

25 points from 36 putting us on 81 points.

For anyone who wants a prediction...
    Newcastle A -
    Chelsea H -
    Palace A -
    Liverpool H -
    West Ham A -
    Swansea H -
    City A -
    WBA H -
    Bournemouth A -
    Arsenal H -
    Brighton A -
    Watford H -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Newcastle A - 3
    Chelsea H - 1
    Palace A - 3
    Liverpool H - 20
    West Ham A - 1
    Swansea H - 3
    City A - 0
    WBA H - 3
    Bournemouth A - 3
    Arsenal H - 3
    Brighton A - 3
    Watford H - 3

46 points from 36 putting us on 102 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Newcastle A - 3
    Chelsea H - 3
    Palace A - 3
    Liverpool H - 3
    West Ham A - 3
    Swansea H - 3
    City A - 0
    WBA H - 3
    Bournemouth A - 3
    Arsenal H - 3
    Brighton A - 3
    Watford H - 3

Hmm. I think City will beat us. I'd be confident of beating two of Arsenal, Pool or Chelsea given we're at home for all of them.

After that, I think we SHOULD be winning every other game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Not the worst of run ins. We’ve played all the bigger teams away from home bar City and are still second

Realistically were looking at plus 75 points minimum and if we really have a good run in we should do low 80s that has to be seen as an improvement on last year the killer thing is we were never in a position to put pressure on city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/btsportscore/status/959823114870943744

4 goals and 2 assists for Lukaku in his last six games.

The thing that really struck me today was the first decent ball that got played into him, he buried.

We've got some great technical players; Mata, Lingard and Sanchez' interplay was awesome to watch. But there was a lack of actually playing a killer pass. We don't have anyone who tries to whip in deadly crosses. We try the odd aimless hoof, but I mean a proper fizzing ball. Hopefully as they gel, and as Pogba recovers from the bad game, Lukaku will get more chances...

The amount of times we try a chip over a defender to Lukaku and it doesn't work is very frustrating. He clearly wants the ball to his feet and the one chance he did get to his feet he scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Enjoying a pint after the game, never seen a player kicked so much in my life, Huddersfield had only one tactic today. Kick players and disrupt our play any way possible. Mata was my MOTM. He was everywhere. Mixed bag from bug Rom, got eased off a lot of balls. Sanchez was class even though he was kicked every time he touched the ball. Comfortable win in the end. Happy days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done to Mata for the pass. Lukaku has work to do, make the right run, get ahead of the defender, make the finish. Good goal.

Interesting that Mata ended up back in the team again. He is a 7 plus player every week and always ends up back in the side. Glad his deal extension was taken up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Watching match on SKY now. Huddersfield put in some tasty tackles today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/totallymufc/status/959815433632313344

Not trying to re-ignite the earlier debate but that’s a red card for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What makes it worse is about a minute later, the ref gave a free to Huddersfield when Smalling and Depoitre both went for a header and Depoitre stumbled over with minimal contact.

It was absurd considering what he had just left off.

adox wrote: »

How is that not a red and pen. Probably will not be a more blatant pen for a few years. Could have seriously injured his neck with that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »

It one of those that was anywhere else on the pitch the ref wouldn’t think twice about giving a free kick.. I do think it could be given as a red due to the sheer recklessness of the chanllenge, coming across the kids neck like that at full force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't care I hate Liverpool

You're an honest man, Mick, which I like, but you're f**ked if you think I'm liking 2 of your posts in one day! As a Pool fan I'm sure there's an internet law against that somewhere. :D

• fyfe79 wrote: »
    You're an honest man, Mick, which I like, but you're f**ked if you think I'm liking 2 of your posts in one day! As a Pool fan I'm sure there's an internet law against that somewhere. :D

Sure il give you a thanks instead :)

• ElChe32 wrote: »
    Enjoying a pint after the game, never seen a player kicked so much in my life, Huddersfield had only one tactic today. Kick players and disrupt our play any way possible. Mata was my MOTM. He was everywhere. Mixed bag from bug Rom, got eased off a lot of balls. Sanchez was class even though he was kicked every time he touched the ball. Comfortable win in the end. Happy days.
    Nice1, where ya boozing?
    It really was awful archaic tactics, I'm still so surprised both mctominey and Sanchez have gotten away without serious injury

'Jose slams Old Trafford atmosphere'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11234520

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

26 games on the bounce won,whenever we score first. Not bad.

• Advertisement

• bangkok wrote: »
    'Jose slams Old Trafford atmosphere'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11234520

I agree it was ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nice1, where ya boozing?
    It really was awful archaic tactics, I'm still so surprised both mctominey and Sanchez have gotten away without serious injury

Spurs seem to get away with it by times so it's no surprise.

Is there any good apps that people use for football news, aside from Reddit and Twitter.

Sky Sports are going downhill pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is there any good apps that people use for football news, aside from Reddit and Twitter.

Sky Sports are going downhill pretty fast.

I downloaded an app called All Football last night,seems to be good enough

Il probably get sick of it soon though :D

I thought mata was excellent again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sure il give you a thanks instead :)

Nice try. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Haven't followed him as closely as I wanted to this season, but how is Ruben Neves getting on? He could make a shrewd investment for midfield if he has adapted well to English football. Anything I have checked out seems to be decent, just wondering has anyone had a close look at him. A fan of his at underage level and obviously a very interesting stepping stone he made out of Wolves

Edit: I mean besides today which obviously brought him back to my mind!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haven't followed him as closely as I wanted to this season, but how is Ruben Neves getting on?

He’s been brilliant, far too good for the Championship and probably the best player in the league this season. Hope he stays at Wolves for one more season in the Premier League, he won’t be there much longer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

bangkok wrote: »
    ??

reyes was a skillful attacking player and one of arsenals best players at that time.

neville was all heart, little skill

they took turns doing bad challenges on him

You know defending is a skill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Haven't followed him as closely as I wanted to this season, but how is Ruben Neves getting on? He could make a shrewd investment for midfield if he has adapted well to English football. Anything I have checked out seems to be decent, just wondering has anyone had a close look at him. A fan of his at underage level and obviously a very interesting stepping stone he made out of Wolves

Edit: I mean besides today which obviously brought him back to my mind!

Code for I always bought him on Football Manager :D:D:D

Used to do so myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I wonder would Jose agree to a much reduced transfer budget in order to improve the atmosphere at OT. We could reduce the prices of tickets, sell them locally and do away with all the corporate stuff. Anyone ask him for a solution or is he just talking bollocks again without any insight to the real issue. Wouldn’t even meet the fans he can f**k off.

Looking at that run in has me worried that there’s a good chance of City winning the title in the home game against us.

Rags have us linked with Kluivert and Vidal in the summer...Pickford if DeGea goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Rags have us linked with Kluivert and Vidal in the summer...Pickford if DeGea goes

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-advanced-talks-sign-11965364

Kluivert talk.

I for one can totally understand why a left sided winger is the type of kid we need. Painfully short over there.

As for Pickford... No thanks. Don't rate him. Don't think he is even the best English keeper, would have butland ahead of him easily. Would honestly prefer to see pereira given the spot than sign pickford.

I wonder would Jose agree to a much reduced transfer budget in order to improve the atmosphere at OT. We could reduce the prices of tickets, sell them locally and do away with all the corporate stuff. Anyone ask him for a solution or is he just talking bollocks again without any insight to the real issue. Wouldn’t even meet the fans he can f**k off.

Looking at that run in has me worried that there’s a good chance of City winning the title in the home game against us.

The united match day revenue would be a smaller component, especially of you removed exec stuff from the equation.

Season tickets are, comparatively, well priced.

I don't think a reduction in price would solve any issues. The same people going now would still be going, just for less money.

I don't know what the solution is either tbh. The issue is the amount of fans that aren't arsed trying to build an atmosphere and just want to enjoy the game.

And the thing about oh if Jose played better football it would be better don't cut it either this is an old Trafford problem since the mid 90s I don't think it can be fixed in all my years going over the Stratford end was the only place I felt real atmosphere.

Jose isn't the first to have the balls to call out or fans over it and I've no problem that he is done it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The united match day revenue would be a smaller component, especially of you removed exec stuff from the equation.

Season tickets are, comparatively, well priced.

I don't think a reduction in price would solve any issues. The same people going now would still be going, just for less money.

I don't know what the solution is either tbh. The issue is the amount of fans that aren't arsed trying to build an atmosphere and just want to enjoy the game.

Stop selling prawn sandwich’s?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-advanced-talks-sign-11965364

Kluivert talk.

I for one can totally understand why a left sided winger is the type of kid we need. Painfully short over there.

As for Pickford... No thanks. Don't rate him. Don't think he is even the best English keeper, would have butland ahead of him easily. Would honestly prefer to see pereira given the spot than sign pickford.

Agreed,not sold on Pickford at all! Id expect Romero to be moving on and Pereira to be 2nd choice next season at least. Would love Kluivert but only due to the fact Im still hurting from when his dad rejected us years back :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Any love for Sam Johnstone? I know it's a league lower but having a tremendous stint with Villa. I suspect if they get promotion (currently 1 point of automatic) he will be sold to Villa though, the club really want a permanent deal.

I know he may not be considered good enough to start for us but would be interested in seeing how he would do battling for it if/when DeGea goes.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Any love for Sam Johnstone? I know it's a league lower but having a tremendous stint with Villa. I suspect if they get promotion (currently 1 point of automatic) he will be sold to Villa though, the club really want a permanent deal.

I know he may not be considered good enough to start for us but would be interested in seeing how he would do battling for it if/when DeGea goes.
    Lots 0f love from me but I reckon his chance has already gone.

He was rated higher than but land in the youth sides but butland went and and a hood early loan and then moved for proper first team football. Staying at United has possibly hurt Johnstone so far.

As far as I remember he was looking to leave a few seasons ago but ddg persuaded him to stay. (might have been when ddg was looking to leave)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

As far as I remember he was looking to leave a few seasons ago but ddg persuaded him to stay. (might have been when ddg was looking to leave)

I actually do remember that.

I kind of think there's already a deal or agreement in place with Villa, with an option to buy after the loan.

Hoping he goes on to have a good career.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »

I actually don't think his chance is gone if villa get promoted and they want him on loan again next year I'd do that and see how he gets on. Sam really wants to play first team football he is looking around at all the young keepers in the world now but he also is a United boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I just think Sam was unlucky. Goalkeeper is a real bítch of a postion. I mean I dunno if Pereira will get a look in. As good as he is and can become I think we can all agree we want to keep DDG as long as possible so he like Johnstone might not get a look in!

I've a had been included in the champions league squad, clearest indication of his future really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I've a had been included in the champions league squad, clearest indication of his future really.

Congratulations on your inclusion! :P

Feckin autocorrect!

Ibrahimovic obviously, though I made the B list

Feckin autocorrect!

Wouldn't read to much into that tho would we? Plenty of free spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Feckin autocorrect!

You could see if you could make the City squad? They’re very short of players apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

jayo26 wrote: »
    And the thing about oh if Jose played better football it would be better don't cut it either this is an old Trafford problem since the mid 90s I don't think it can be fixed in all my years going over the Stratford end was the only place I felt real atmosphere.

Jose isn't the first to have the balls to call out or fans over it and I've no problem that he is done it again.

Has he actively tried to do something about it though? He rejected the opportunity to talk to fans. Where were his balls then?

Very little coverage of Pep not bring a 7th sub.

If Mourinho did that, there would be absolute outrage.

Has he actively tried to do something about it though? He rejected the opportunity to talk to fans. Where were his balls then?

Why should he talk to the fans? I donno if fergie would of done it either but why should he? Fans these days are different then fans of 20 years ago they are all full of small groups of people forming a bunch of opinions on forums and assuming the entire place is the same.

It's not Jose job to be a go between with the fans he is there to look after the team it's the club that should be doing something about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement