Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know its Liverpool, but I do enjoy seeing Spurs have their hearts broken too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know its Liverpool, but I do enjoy seeing Spurs have their hearts broken too.

Spoke too soon.... better if pool have their hearts ripped out in last minute. This could be a very satisfying end to the weekend!

Haha, this has been a brilliant 10 minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Best result we could ask for

And it was Van Dijk as well.

Lovely jubbly. Perfect result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cant wait for klopp to have a meltdown post match interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sour Klopp.

Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Soft soft pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What’s the phrase lads??? “Delighted” wasn’t it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bangkok wrote: »
    I hope it a 3-3 draw, lots of mistakes, 4 red cards, deli alli attacks a supporter gets a 9 month ban, gerrard slips in the studio and van dijk scores an og

Close enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Softest pen I have ever seen but who cares!! Brilliant result that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Cant wait for klopp to have a meltdown post match interview :)

Hes one of the ladz. Its fine just bantz

Don't see how it was soft? The most expensive defender in history belted a player across the back of the legs.

Penalty all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Klopp making one more CB poor? :D

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Soft soft pen

Don't think it was. Lamela oversold it, but Van Dijk still kicked him in the leg, and missed the ball by a mile. As clear a penalty as you'll see imo.

Just need Watford to do a job now, and we'll have had a perfect weekend.

Over the last 5 years Liverpool games and results have been the most satisfying.... The gift that keeps on giving and giving and g........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Has that man ever managed to lose a game graciously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hes one of the ladz. Its fine just bantz

Jose will get a ban on the back of it.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Soft soft pen

The first yes... second no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

tee-hee.gif

That was most delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

All I'll say is after that performance they can never talk about United sitting back against a top team. They had less then 20 percent possession up to the time spurs scored and only woke up then.

Souness :D.

tears-gif-16.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Wow... some sense of entitlement there.

Maybe people love Pep because he is f*cking AMAZING at his job and his teams play amazing football and win sh*tloads. When United were playing amazing football and winning infinite under Fergie they were the media darlings and rightly so.

The concept that "they should love us because we're man united and look at our history" is pretty much what United fans have laughed at Liverpool fans for saying for the last 30 years. Laughable.

he has spent half a billion and so far has won **** all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Rub salt in the wound Kane is on tv as well, they're raging in the other thread id say :)

Very good result for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This is why I'm interested to see how it goes when the cl is back. Klopp teams fatigue badly due to the effort they put in. Two big games a week for them will be welcome.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is why I'm interested to see how it goes when the cl is back. Klopp teams fatigue badly due to the effort they put in. Two big games a week for them will be welcome.

They were incredibly leggy with a half hour to go. I thought though this season they were supposedly rotating a lot more? It doesn't bode well for them. They're not covering the spaces and still playing with a system that needs them to be covered perfectly. They are by and large woeful at closing out a game.

• Advertisement

Ran around like lunatics pressing everything in the first half. Spurs settled and owned them in the second half as Liverpool tired. It's all well and good scoring 3 or 4 after pressing and charging around but not doing that gives them problems,no difference from Rodgers time there.

Klopp accuses ref of bad decisions against pool and doesn’t get pulled up on it. It’s “understandable” as Souness puts it. Amazing the way this understandable reaction to disappointment is not afforded to Jose.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Rub salt in the wound Kane is on tv as well, they're raging in the other thread id say :)

They're too busy trying to convince themselves that Karius played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Don't ever change guys. Don't ever change.

niallo27 wrote: »

Don’t ye change either champ!!#laughingstockallthetime

From the official LFC forum.

'I hope Moss’ family get cancer and die. And hope his seeds get cancer too.'

Stay classy lads.Stay classy.

Pochetino is a class act. Pity he will end up at real madrid next summer

Sure, as long as the clown show continues :D

Theres always clowns on the internet, on every forum, social media etc. Wouldnt take any notice of it

• niallo27 wrote: »

Tbf, Liverpool always bring the comedy

Their 75 million defender gives away a penalty in the last minute of the game

It's hilarious

• Advertisement

Pochetino is a class act. Pity he will end up at real madrid next summer

Tbh, I hate how Spurs act when they start struggling. There's a group who get very physically aggressive, needlessly, led by Alli.

Nice lads the scousers!

• From the official LFC forum.

Disgraceful

I actually find it funny that some are taking the piss conceding a last min goal to spurs when we only played them 4 days ago and got hammered all over the pitch by them!!

Amusing :)

I actually find it funny that some are taking the piss conceding a last min goal to spurs when we only played them 4 days ago and got hammered all over the pitch by them!!

Who is taking the piss for conceding the goal? I think most are taking the piss with the reactions and hatred of all things the go against them no one is really laughing over the actual result. But hey that's football and we love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Do you remember the hard time Jaap Stam was given when he had a dodgy World Cup in 1998 and a relatively inauspicious start at United?

If Virgil Van Dijk was playing for United, the media would be tearing him apart! The guy has been shambolic; only £14m cheaper than Paul Pogba!

The Irish government should have sent Southampton to negotiate with the Troika.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf, Liverpool always bring the comedy

Their 75 million defender gives away a penalty in the last minute of the game

It's hilarious

Well Klopp did say he was trying to get VVD to defend "the Liverpool way". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

If Virgil Van Dijk was playing for United, the media would be tearing him apart! The guy has been shambolic; only £14m cheaper than Paul Pogba!

Gotta have a reply to this. Van Dijk played well today. It's clear from the replays behind the goal that Lamela wasn't touched - Van Dijk saw him coming and pulled out. Lamela dived, simple as. I thought it was a penalty at first too but the replays from behind the goal are conclusive. Wrong call.

In regards his overall performance since joining, it's been fine. He had no real pre-season with Southampton and didn't really feature much for them before January. He's also now joined a new club playing a different system and with new team-mates.

Very easy to say he's been shambolic (especially here) but it's just not true. His only blunder has been the Swansea goal and for that reason I rate his overall performance as fine. Otherwise I would say he's been very good, while getting better as he gains full fitness.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Gotta have a reply to this. Van Dijk played well today. It's clear from the replays behind the goal that Lamela wasn't touched - Van Dijk saw him coming and pulled out. Lamela dived, simple as. I thought it was a penalty at first too but the replays from behind the goal are conclusive. Wrong call.

In regards his overall performance since joining, it's been fine. He had no real pre-season with Southampton and didn't really feature much for them before January. He's also now joined a new club playing a different system and with new team-mates.

Very easy to say he's been shambolic (especially here) but it's just not true. His only blunder has been the Swansea goal and for that reason I rate his overall performance as fine. Otherwise I would say he's been very good, while getting better as he gains full fitness.

5 Games
    9 goals against
    No clean sheets!

Thanks for popping in tho
    #laughingstockallthetime

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement