Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I've had some of them trying to tell me the Europa League was a Mickey mouse trophy. I suppose it was seeing as they didn't win it.

Villa fans :pac:
    Liverpool did win it back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I was vaguely aware that it wasn't actually Cusack.

Tbf even the club couldn't spell his féckin name :pac:

article-2191328-14A4411A000005DC-383_468x645.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf even the club couldn't spell his name :pac:

Twice auto-correct turned it into 'Musical' so Cusack it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

irishman86 wrote: »
    Villa fans :pac:
    Liverpool did win it back in the day

Liverpool are still living back in the day yet at the same time dream of next year.

Dunno if it was mentioned but after our win the other night,Jose has a 62% win rate after 100 games as United manager. Higher than any other manager we had at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dunno if it was mentioned but after our win the other night,Jose has a 62% win rate after 100 games as United manager. Higher than any other manager we had at this stage.

Yep said that other night it's mighty impressive for a a spoofer.

I know fergie was here so long and he rebuilt teams so his record will always be a bit lower but 62 percent win rate would stack up well in most top clubs. Think he only lost 15 games in that 100 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/957615429534584832
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to return to full training next week. He was out running with the physio on Friday afternoon after spending the previous few weeks working on his core fitness at Carrington. #mufc [mail]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Completely forgot about him.

Another option for rotation at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

ENTER DRAMATIC REVEAL HERE

:mad:

It would seem so! I thought it was fairly obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9GA9g.gif

RE: Cantona's Collars being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

:pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    To borrow a Stone Cold Steve Austin catchphrase, WHAT?! :eek:

Delete the quote dude don't want anyone getting in trouble.

Unearthly wrote: »

The greatest reveal in the history of Man United threads on Boards :pac::pac:

jayo26 wrote: »
    Delete the quote dude don't want anyone getting in trouble.

Is there something I'm missing here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lads & lasses (sorry)can ye all delete those posts, save the Cmod/mods doing it..

How dya’s think we will line up against Spurs?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Is there something I'm missing here? :confused:

Yeah your not allowed do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yeah your not allowed do that

Incorrect I believe, that only applies if a user re-regs under a brand new account however I've deleted my post at the users request.

Incorrect I believe, that only applies if a user re-regs under a brand new account however I've deleted my post at the users request.

Oh really I got a card for doing it couple years ago unintentionally.

astradave wrote: »
    Lads & lasses (sorry)can ye all delete those posts, save the Cmod/mods doing it..

How dya’s think we will line up against Spurs?

11v11 I'd guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Oh really I got a card for doing it couple years ago unintentionally.

You get cards for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

DM_7 wrote: »
    You get cards for everything.

If you feel bad I can give you some. I'm behind on this weeks quotas.

MOD
    Regarding the rule:
    It's in the terms of use of the site. You cannot speculate on the identity of a posters. Obviously there's varying degrees to this rule with some breaches resulting in a site wide ban.

Here endith the discussion on this topic but if anyone has any questions feel to pm or refer to helpdesk. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ah I even missed a reveal this time :( I miss everything.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Ehh did something happen?
    Posts are all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ehh did something happen?

Jayop and jayo26 are getting married. We're all invited to the wedding.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ehh did something happen?

Yep and you missed it

nelson-ha-ha-gif-4.gif

Nothing makes sense. Must be too sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Jayop and jayo26 are getting married. We're all invited to the wedding.

Can I be the priest that does the marrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ffs I've been here all day, switched off for a few minutes and missed the good stuff.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Ffs I've been here all day, switched off for a few minutes and missed the good stuff.

You may consult VAR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

We’ve signed Veratti I assume based on the level of bro-citement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Is spurs v utd on telly lads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is spurs v utd on telly lads ?

Bt sport.

astradave wrote: »

Last year was incredible. That injury comined with his age seemed to much to overcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

New thread smell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zlatan moving on would certainly add another reason as to why United having splashed out for Sanchez - moved on two high earners (Miki and more so Zlatan) who weren't contributing what we needed and brought in Sanchez. In terms of wage finances I would guess United are about even if not up (assuming Zlatan does indeed go)

The potential Zlatan move away was pretty much expected. He had his time at United and unfortunately injury ruined it. Now Lukaku is the number one CF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Zlatan moving on would certainly add another reason as to why United having splashed out for Sanchez - moved on two high earners (Miki and more so Zlatan) who weren't contributing what we needed and brought in Sanchez. In terms of wage finances I would guess United are about even if not up (assuming Zlatan does indeed go)

but but but.... you're making too much sense...

i mean we're paying Alexis 7 $5 billion a minute....

Surely Zlatan's flights to LA will have to be added on to his weekly wages....

Getting Zlatan off the wage bill makes perfect sense. Sanchez in, Zlatan and Miki out for no net loss is incredible business. I liked Miki a lot but just didn't work out.

• Advertisement

Getting Zlatan off the wage bill makes perfect sense. Sanchez in, Zlatan and Miki out for no net loss is incredible business. I liked Miki a lot but just didn't work out.

We are well stacked attacking wise,next is the move to add to the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah, there is no point in keeping player on such big wages who adds almost nothing.

Also with Sanchez signing, we have 3 players who are capable of playing as striker if Lukaku needs rest or injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭crank_1975

Anyone get tickets to "An Evening with Eric Cantona" in the Olympia? Should be some good stories about his time at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

I disagree with the need to move Zlatan on at the minute. We have a young, impressionable squad who are very much still developing not only as players but as characters. Having someone like Zlatan, who is a winner, commands respect, obviously trains extremely hard before, during and after his injury, around these young players each day could be massive in their development. You are a product of your surroundings, and as i said before, surround these young players with players with the right mentality and they will improve greater than being among themselves. United are a rich club and I'm sure Zlatans wage, even if he doesn't play another minute this season won't be an issue. The summer is time enough, in my opinion, to move Zlatan on.

I disagree with the need to move Zlatan on at the minute. We have a young, impressionable squad who are very much still developing not only as players but as characters. Having someone like Zlatan, who is a winner, commands respect, obviously trains extremely hard before, during and after his injury, around these young players each day could be massive in their development. You are a product of your surroundings, and as i said before, surround these young players with players with the right mentality and they will improve greater than being among themselves. United are a rich club and I'm sure Zlatans wage, even if he doesn't play another minute this season won't be an issue. The summer is time enough, in my opinion, to move Zlatan on.

Well Zlatan himself has a say in this. I'd imagine he still views himself as a player so therefore he would prefer to actually play than be essentially a coach in training sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well Zlatan himself has a say in this. I'd imagine he still views himself as a player so therefore he would prefer to actually play than be essentially a coach in training sessions.

I think it's quite obvious he will have the final say, i presumed that wouldn't have needed to be said. My post is in relation to the context of prior posts saying he's not our No.9 anymore, Sanchez is here now, we have enough attacking options, his wages are high, etc. If Zlatan wants to move for footballing reasons, i doubt Jose will stand in his way. But i can imagine Jose loves having him around this young squad day in, day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If Zlatan is happy to stay I'd be thrilled with that. If he wants to move on he should be allowed go of course and will.

He would be great to have around the squad as he is clearly a leader and very popular, someone the young guys look up to also and who better for our strikers to learn from? I can't see him being happy with a bench role but I also can't see him being happy going to MLS.

When does their window close? No need to make a decision on his future anytime soon really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's coming up to the 60th anniversary of the Munich disaster.
    The Huddersfield game at the weekend will be used to mark the occasion.

A great read in yesterday's Guardian and shows that United is much more than a money making machine and our use of the word history means more than just something to take the piss out of City.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/28/munich-disaster-60-years-manchester-united-anniversary

Jose says that he hasn't heard of any approach for zlatan but if the player wants a new challenge in a new country the club will help him.

Also said that fellaini wants to stay and the club want him to stay but they have to reach aggreement.

Good old Ballague, he's reporting on the Aubameyang transfer being completed yet still had to get a dig in at United by mentioning the wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement