Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    They dont head the ball in rugby so that doesnt make any sense to use rugby as an example

They challenge for the ball in the air.. so of course It can make sense to use that as an example..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Only Bangkok can turn a losing argument about tonight's game into another argument about yesterday's game haha. Serious poitician in there somewhere pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There are two problems with VAR, whether you could and whether you should.

That penalty touches on the former. Hours later and with all the different viewpoints and still people cannot actually agree if it was a penalty or not.

Had it went to VAR and a decision made you still would have 50% of viewers disagreeing and frustrated at the decision making, so when it comes to the bigger picture VAR wouldn't have made a whit of difference.

If VAR was in place the penalty wouldn't have been given. Lamela was offside in the build up.

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/960223351254978560?s=09

I wouldn't expect a linesman to see the above in play but he is just off.

I think for VAR to be implemented the manager/captain gets two or three "challenges" per game. If your challenge is correct then you don't lose that challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Only Bangkok can turn a losing argument about tonight's game into another argument about yesterday's game haha. Serious poitician in there somewhere pal.

That final video of van dijk from linemans view looks a peno alright. Soft one but a peno. If it was given against utd i wouldnt be happy as lamela makes a meal of it

That final video of van dijk from linemans view looks a peno alright. Soft one but a peno. If it was given against utd i wouldnt be happy as lamela makes a meal of it

This post is going to be quoted in years to come it will be up with some of the most famous from Shakespeare I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was a peno all day long.

Not even a argument.

Good enough result for us although would have rathered Spurs win.

Bit will take it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That was some goal by Izquierdo for Brighton this weekend.

Anyway, Herrera is a puzzling situation, Mc Tominay starring yesterday is greag from Jose, to give a young mana chance but it is bizarre that Herrera ended up in a position like this after last season.

It is a big problem for the squad as well, lots of football to be played and Herrera of last season is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thing is if Lamela doesn't make a meal of it it is less likely to be given. Especially considering Moss -as per usual- bottled it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Opposition to the introduction of VAR makes no sense at all. Football has had its head in the sand for too long; there’s simply too much at stake in the upper echelons of the game. My sense is that there’s a negative narrative being spun by the media because they fear that VAR will mean less controversy and less money to be made on the back of that controversy.

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    Thing is if Lamela doesn't make a meal of it it is less likely to be given. Especially considering Moss -as per usual- bottled it anyway.

I seen someone posting that Moss was the best ref in the League, I had a wee chuckle at that one

A few good things about the first goal yesterday

Matic - was able to step up the field and get involved in the forward play. With McTominay in the side it allowed him to do it. Something we don't see him do when Pogba is the only other mdfielder.

Mata - moving around and getting wide, United don't get attackers wide, on their strong side often enough. Great pass into the front post that could be delivered without delay.

Lukaku - movement to get free and reading who was out there, that a pass would come quickly and of course the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DM_7 wrote: »
    A few good things about the first goal yesterday

Matic - was able to step up the field and get involved in the forward play. With McTominay in the side it allowed him to do it. Something we don't see him do when Pogba is the only other mdfielder.

Mata - moving around and getting wide, United don't get attackers wide, on their strong side often enough. Great pass into the front post that could be delivered without delay.

Lukaku - movement to get free and reading who was out there, that a pass would come quickly and of course the finish.
    McTominay knew the midfield position well enough to know to hold if Matic advanced. Matic has to stay back if hes "beside" Pogba as he knows Pogba has already advanced.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/960279591800725504

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/960279689427390466

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/960279795669065729

Simon Peach

@SimonPeach
    Mourinho does not intend to make any attacking reinforcements this summer as Alexis Sanchez's acquisition means the #MUFC manager now feels he has the components to kick on

Mourinho: “I don’t want attacking players so don’t speak about attacking players that are coming here because nobody is coming here. We have Mata, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Alexis - I don’t want attacking players so speculation in the summer, you have to go to other areas” #MUFC

Mourinho: “Attacking players, I am really happy (with). We have to improve not in the quality of the players, we have to improve in the dynamic of the team and the efficiency because even (against Huddersfield) it is a game to score more than two” #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Opposition to the introduction of VAR makes no sense at all. Football has had its head in the sand for too long; there’s simply too much at stake in the upper echelons of the game. My sense is that there’s a negative narrative being spun by the media because they fear that VAR will mean less controversy and less money to be made on the back of that controversy.

There is just as much at stake as there ever was. Billionaire owners throwing hundreds of millions around hasn't anything significant.

And of course there will be less controversy. The real issue is whether or not controversy is good for the game. And that is not a straightforward issue in the slightest.

One day later, I'm still quite happy with Alexis' Old Trafford debut. What he offers to the team shines a new light for me on just what Mkhitaryan was lacking for the most part in his United stint. And why the team's progress is limited once that kind of player isn't firing on all cylinders in Jose's United team.

I know that there are fans who didn't bat an eye at Mkhi's departure from the club, but whether you were a fan of the player or not, it marked the end of something, an admission that part of Jose's original plan for success wasn't working and needed to be addressed.

When Jose first came in we were impressed at how he identified those "4 targets" for the first team in that first transfer window, and apart from the inevitable Pogba circus which was going to happen wherever Pogba went, he got that business done quickly.

Even though we knew that Zlatan's future with us would be short, most of those players were hopefully going to be part of the next genuinely successful Manchester United team. As Jose was the manager who was brought in to make us that club again, those 4 as his first signings were important players. Now Mkhi is gone (not like Zlatan, because of injury or age) and it is an admission that something didn't work.

Why was Mkhi brought in originally? It sure wasn't to replace Mata, or anyone in the team like we might have first thought. Having viewed how Mkhi and Mata play in the United team since then, I can say that apart from them both being creative attackers, they are very different players.

Looking at Mkhitaryan while playing at his best in the United team, you could see that he was brought in to do something that no one in the United line-up was capable of doing - receive the ball basically anywhere on the field with his back to goal, turn on the spot and run like a bastard towards the opposition goal. Sure, we have impressive dribblers, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, even Pogba, but that kind of player who can blister an attacking move out of nowhere, out of an opponent's attack, was in short supply in our team and squad.

At his best, Mkhi demonstrated an ability to do that for us. Jose chose him among those original signings, and clearly saw the need for that type of player in order to build a successful United team. Now, Mkhi did manage to score the winning goal in the Europa final so there is a level of success to his time at the club. But overall, in the context of what he was brought in to do on a consistent basis, his time at the club was a failure and therefore the reason Jose had to sign that type of player remained unfulfilled. His recipe for success was missing a vital ingredient.

Looking at Sanchez against Huddersfield, it's now very clear to me why Jose sought that kind of player in the first place and why it could prove to be central to a successful United side. Mkhi wasn't supposed be just another attacker, he was supposed to be a game-changer or influencer on a regular basis.

There were just so many moments from Sanchez in that one game against Huddersfield where he reminded me of those dozen or so times Mkhitaryan made us go 'Wow' with his play over the course of 16 months. Sanchez was an absolute nuisance for Huddersfield, and not just in the third of the field we were attacking. Late on in the match, he was back near our own box poaching the ball from a Huddersfield player and turning it into an attack for United.

I don't want to get too carried away, it was only Huddersfield, and Sanchez' performance yesterday wasn't the best in a United shirt I've seen from a player recently. It wasn't flawless. Nothing like that. It's just that it was the most positively different thing I've seen from a United player in a long time. As I said, we saw shades of it with Mkhitaryan, but with Sanchez yesterday I can see why it's so important to our first team. That, along with the more stable midfield we saw yesterday, could be the key to unlocking all of these attacking players who have bags of potential, but just aren't realising it consistently yet.

No harm to Alexis, but I won't be getting my hopes up of him putting in that shift in 100% of his games. Does any player in the top tier offer that level of consistency? But if Jose can get that level from Sanchez in 70-80% of his appearances, if Sanchez can physically give it, well I think we've added something very important to our first team and our chances for notable success in the near to medium future. Certainly, it's a great head-start to next season and our Summer transfer business.

That kind of forward drive and game influence, I can see now that that is what Jose was looking for when he signed Mkhitaryan in that first Summer. That was what was missing once Mkhi was out of the team or under-performing, which was for the majority of his time at the club.

There are United players who we can argue over their 'luxury purchase' status. However, I think Alexis was a very necessary signing. Jose is merely correcting what he wanted to originally employ 18 months ago with the purchase of Mkhitaryan.

TLDR - I'm quite excited about Sanchez' forthcoming time at the club.

• Advertisement

The club was simply too big for Mkhitaryan I reckon; talented player but he looked haunted at times.

Sanchez on the other hand has a touch of arrogance that will help him to succeed; he probably wonders whether the club is big enough for him which, even though he’s mad to think that, isn’t a bad trait in a number 7.

Hopefully Luke Shaw establishes himself, in which case the summer (for me) is all about getting the final piece of the midfield jigsaw; someone to play alongside Matic and Pogba. Beyond that, I genuinely don’t see much else that’s urgently required.

• bangkok wrote: »
    I said it was a peno... all along.... 100% a peno!!

I mean red. Typo there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Simon Peach

@SimonPeach
    Mourinho does not intend to make any attacking reinforcements this summer as Alexis Sanchez's acquisition means the #MUFC manager now feels he has the components to kick on

Mourinho: “I don’t want attacking players so don’t speak about attacking players that are coming here because nobody is coming here. We have Mata, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Alexis - I don’t want attacking players so speculation in the summer, you have to go to other areas” #MUFC

Mourinho: “Attacking players, I am really happy (with). We have to improve not in the quality of the players, we have to improve in the dynamic of the team and the efficiency because even (against Huddersfield) it is a game to score more than two” #MUFC

Good to hear, easily have enough there to make for a brilliant attack.

Besides, the transfer attention will need to be on CB, CM, and full back in that order anyway.

Simon Peach

@SimonPeach

I think your the first person ever to zerk yourself and to do it in the same post is a fair achievement :):)

Looking at Jose quotes, I’d agree. I think the following First XI can take on anyone:

De Gea
    Tony V Bailly Jones Shaw
    AN Other Matic Pogba
    Sanchez Lukaku Martial

The AN Other is this summer’s big project.

• Advertisement

I think your the first person ever to zero yourself and to do it in the same post is a fair achievement :):)

What did I do? I am using the touch site so I am not sure what mess I made of the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Off topic

Hon on the Eagle's! Love the superbowl even though i have to relearn the game every year its on

What did I do? I am using the touch site so I am not sure what mess I made of the post.

I think only me and Jayo will get the joke in fairness :pac:

He’s saying you zerked yourself by posting the tweet then the words below.. you basically posted the same thing twice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd love a RB, CB, 2 CMs one top class, one squad.

Theres tackles in this thing reminisent of the mctominay challenge yesterday.

He strikes me as a fair strong chap for his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Theres tackles in this thing reminisent of the mctominay challenge yesterday.

He strikes me as a fair strong chap for his age.

Still good either way according the refs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is there no match threads anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think it is sad, but it's probably best to just post about United or non rivals. If mods (I have to be careful and fair here as I don't post too often) are handling things differently/oddly then that's probably creating more unnecessary noise than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I actually find it funny that some are taking the piss conceding a last min goal to spurs when we only played them 4 days ago and got hammered all over the pitch by them!!

Bit late to the party, do you understand the concept of home and away? We won our game against Spurs, in fact we got 3 points in 2 games vs Spurs, Liverpool got 1 conceding 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

https://twitter.com/AA_Richards/status/960226097303576576?s=17

Changed my mind after seen this.

That appointment is booked for 10 in morning.

He did kick Bishop Brennan in the ar$e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

On a lighter note, we had Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp As pundits for the liverpool game. Does anybody remember :

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/175419/Liverpool-fans-Never-say-Gary-Neville/amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RAWK Irish Style.....

Jayop wrote: »
    No mate. My problem was someone breaking about three rules very clearly being let off scot free while it was barely arguably my post was trolling and it gets a card. It's shocking crap but standard enough.

No I mean you should ignore him because he's always complaining about something. He's never happy and always ranting about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oh no!! There's a rival fan in here I'm reporting him.He must be only here to troll.
    Only messing emmet. I'm just trying to see how the hive mind works. I don't like it, I don't like it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jayop wrote: »
    Dude I appreciate your point of view but if you seen the list of nonsense that I have been carded for here in the last few months you'd be going ape **** too. It's as if every post I make of being reviewed and if there's any way at all that it can be twisted to an infraction I get it. Last night was a joke when you look at the post I replied to and the post after which had 4 different insults, neither of them carded but my honest opinion that wasn't trolling in any way was acted on.

Sorry buddy but that's not a case of just get on with it and keep the head down. It's ****e and needs to be called out.

I have been carded a hell of a lot over the years, not so much the last few years thankfully. Some I fought, some I didn't. I haven't looked in that thread since I posted in it yesterday so no idea what happened last night.

I am not saying keep the head down and get on with it, I am saying if its important enough to you to fight then do it in the correct way. That's all, doing it in this thread is only likely to draw further action at some point as it is off topic, and discussion of moderation is a no no anyway.

There are Cmods who are very good if you don't like anybody on the mod team, there is a feedback forum. Start a thread, use the system. If its for nothing more then venting at least you are doing it in a place you won't get further infractions? If you want to actually change something it is your best option also once you are prepared and right.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Drumpot wrote: »
    On a lighter note, we had Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp As pundits for the liverpool game. Does anybody remember :

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/175419/Liverpool-fans-Never-say-Gary-Neville/amp

Souness and Redknapp were also Spurs players in fairness

Oh no!! There's a rival fan in here I'm reporting him.He must be only here to troll.
    Only messing emmet. I'm just trying to see how the hive mind works. I don't like it, I don't like it at all.

I was going to say have you only seen my posts from October now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

8-10 wrote: »
    Souness and Redknapp were also Spurs players in fairness

Souness never started a game for them.

• Advertisement

• This place is going to explode when Utd play Liverpool in the league :P

Honestly there is a guy who has been banned here for years still writing about people on this very forum to this day. He went on a hunt to find out other peoples personal information on twitter and I only found that out this weekend as I was messaged.
    It's actually kind of scary.

And over what? An anonymous forum? Oh my feelings are hurt because he laughed at my team even though I do the exact same thing.... boohoo..

Some lads need to seriously take a look at themselves and get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ade is still at that??? ****ing hell

Things got very dodgy there a good while back with stuff spilling into peoples personal lives alright.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Ade is still at that??? ****ing hell

It's beyond creepy at this stage, I won't say any more here but feel free to PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Drumpot wrote: »
    This was a post I made nearly 5 years ago, sounds awfully similar to the ones being mentioned here a lot lately. It’s one of the reasons I stopped coming here. It felt like United were fair game for anybody to attack but when I reacted that I got penalized.

On a forum where you have people with pre conceived bias and passion you are going to have this problem. This includes the people regulating the forum who to be frank I don’t envy. I was a mod for a brief time of a forum and it’s no fun. I’m guessing this is the hardest forum to mod cause I’ve never gotten any other bans (that I can remember !) but it’s because rival fans can be infuriating and it’s difficult to keep your head when you feel you are listening to bullsh*t that’s not being addressed.

The problem , as I see it, is continuity in holding up the forum charter.

Problem I'd say, as I've experienced from other forums, is the blanket template charter that gets pushed down onto a community or sub fora, from the over arching boards.ie brand.

The site always have and always will be scared of legal threats and basically moving a foot out of safe for fear of being held accountable. Site owners here were very scaremongering about that Labour TD Sherlock legislation that came out in the last government that had a tangible impact of 0 on the normal use of a website, but boards has always been like this since it exploded.

Obviously other forums or platforms can be more visceral. I like posting here because there isn't a tolerance for childish bashing. Constant swearing or "wanker" emojis or gifs and basically just tribalism. There is good discussion to be had generally.

And even when one group rips of another, its actually more tolerable then most other platforms or forums out there, where its a free for all, and the abusive nature of anonomymous messaging and posting is encouraged and let run free for all.

I do agree, we as United fans seem to be expected to take more than we give. I personally don't agree with the carding of rival fans coming to this thread or a dig or vice versa. It's part of the community aspect, taking the piss and slagging other fans misfortune. When its not visceral and abusive.

If it drags on, a mod can just request things get back on track.

But like I seriously remember eyerolling when nicknames for teams or even the Steven Gerrard reference got added to the blacklist of things you can get carded for, when you frequently see SAF and other United figures mocked about. I personally don't mind, sure get defensive as a fan, but as I don't normally engage in the tit for tat it doesnt bother me.

I know some of you do though, and it can be tough viewing seeing some people walk into the trap of a card they dont see coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This place is going to explode when Utd play Liverpool in the league :P

Honestly there is a guy who has been banned here for years still writing about people on this very forum to this day. He went on a hunt to find out other peoples personal information on twitter and I only found that out this weekend as I was messaged.

And over what? An anonymous forum? Oh my feelings are hurt because he laughed at my team even though I do the exact same thing.... boohoo..

PM the details please, have too much time to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The lack of intelligent movement or dynamics in attack is such a problem! I've said it before but we have no player that plays intelligent runs from deep apart from Lingard but nobody else seems to spot him or we're too afraid to play it.

We just don't cause too many issues unless it's a clear counter attack.

:cool:

Mourinho is reading Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This place is going to explode when Utd play Liverpool in the league :P

Wider debate that football fans en mass need to take a look at themselves. Watching a few games over the weekend just casually (apart from ours) and I still find it just disgusting the amount of grown men that act like animals, in the presence of children.

Even on Second Captains last week they got a mail that while wasn't celebrated it wasn't denounced either, just seen as a funny story. A lad in the Wigan family section throwing wanker signs at Joe Hart.....

With the atmosphere debate coming back up again after the weekend with Jose calling out fans, again, and then the advocacy rolling out for safe standing, there will actually come a point where football fans in general need to probably consider what they want to be and how attending a football match should be like.

I tire of the Jose complaints because he seems to be under the impression fans should be roaring the place down for 90 minutes, when infact the onus is on him and his team to provide the catalyst for fan reaction.

And again no journalists with any guts to put forward the hypothesis that maybe its possible fans are simply not enthused or excited by the football happening at times? In fairness the same happened under Fergie, remember manly a dead atmosphere at OT. But when your playing a Huddersfield or West Brom (game I was at last year) I don't see how the fans are going to roar the place down over what should be an expected and run of the mill 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :cool:

Mourinho is reading Boards.

He'll be bringing you in after he hears about your stint with Juventus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Wider debate that football fans en mass need to take a look at themselves. Watching a few games over the weekend just casually (apart from ours) and I still find it just disgusting the amount of grown men that act like animals, in the presence of children.

Even on Second Captains last week they got a mail that while wasn't celebrated it wasn't denounced either, just seen as a funny story. A lad in the Wigan family section throwing wanker signs at Joe Hart.....

With the atmosphere debate coming back up again after the weekend with Jose calling out fans, again, and then the advocacy rolling out for safe standing, there will actually come a point where football fans in general need to probably consider what they want to be and how attending a football match should be like.

I tire of the Jose complaints because he seems to be under the impression fans should be roaring the place down for 90 minutes, when infact the onus is on him and his team to provide the catalyst for fan reaction.

And again no journalists with any guts to put forward the hypothesis that maybe its possible fans are simply not enthused or excited by the football happening at times? In fairness the same happened under Fergie, remember manly a dead atmosphere at OT. But when your playing a Huddersfield or West Brom (game I was at last year) I don't see how the fans are going to roar the place down over what should be an expected and run of the mill 3 points.

I agree, there is a fine line between banter and antagonistic spite.

To be frank at united games I can feel very uncomfortable with some of the chants. At the Liverpool game I heard some truly unsettling stuff and on the tram back to the city , even after thumping them, some fans were celebrating Hillsboro.

Coordinated chanting in a celebratory manner where you are encouraging your team, not putting the other one down, is what should be promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

TheDoc wrote: »

I love watching soccer but i hate most soccer fans. I've been to 2 games in England and never again. Mob mentality from grown men, disgusting chants and just that laddish mentality that you should have grown out of by 25 years of age. Then there's the our supporters are better than your supporters because we support team A and you support team B. Christ above. It'll never change though. I know everyone won't agree with that view but that's how i see it. I won't even go into a pub to watch a game anymore as it's getting the same as going to a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ollkiller wrote: »
    I love watching soccer but i hate most soccer fans. I've been to 2 games in England and never again. Mob mentality from grown men, disgusting chants and just that laddish mentality that you should have grown out of by 25 years of age. Then there's the our supporters are better than your supporters because we support team A and you support team B. Christ above. It'll never change though. I know everyone won't agree with that view but that's how i see it. I won't even go into a pub to watch a game anymore as it's getting the same as going to a match.

its all only a bit of craic, well most of it anyway.

I love being in the pub (or old trafford) when utd play liverpool. banter is always good and thats the way it should be. you will always have a few idiots on either side but thats just the way society is

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement