Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's time we looked at Jose and hold him accountable for getting inside contes head.

Yeah. It's been since his comments that chelsea broke.

Afaik, only one team kept a clean sheet this weekend too.

Been a perfect weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Would of preferred Chelsea to get a draw to be honest I think conte will be gone pretty asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Whenever Chelsea lose or are losing I always get a cheeky grin on my face.

More so than if it was Arsenal, Spurs, City or even Pool. Don't get me wrong I still get a grin or even a fit of laughter at some teams but there is something special about CHELSEA losing with Conte as manager.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only team to keep a clean sheet this weekend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

David Luiz playing for Watford here :D

• Advertisement

I know Chelsea only have 10 men but Watford have been fantastic even before the sending off. Delefeou going to be a big addition for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Taxi for Conte ....... TONIGHT !! What a poisonous club.

Think I read that Conte was their 13th manager in 10 years.

But it's Jose's fault he struggled at Chelsea :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read on Twitter that Chelsea have 2 wins from 10 since Conte and Mourinho started slinging mud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Joses fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I can see it now.

Jose sitting down on his sofa, glass of wine in the hand and a big grin on his face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I wonder could we prise Kante from Chelsea this summer if they don't get top four? It seems as though they can't match the prices that the likes of United and City are paying for players and they badly need some investment, especially if they lose Hazard this summer to Madrid. Worrying times for Chelsea regardless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jaysus Bournemouth at home and now Watford are two awful results. I wonder if they will be after a change before Barca?

What is Di Matteo up to?

Once they leave Jose alone :pac:

kLk9e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    I can see it now.

Jose sitting down on his sofa, glass of wine in the hand and a big grin on his face

Mourinho-no-words.gif

Who predicted that when the game kicked off at 20:00 this evening..

Edit: nothing to see here move along.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I will not move along.

I demand to see what was there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Conte must be pulling his hair out over that result.

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »

PM please :P

Headshot wrote: »
    I will not move along.

I demand to see what was there lol

Don’t worry you have already seen it ;)

astradave wrote: »
    Don’t worry you have already seen it ;)

Haha everyone thinks they missed a kate Upton gif or something haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wonder will Conte be called “poison” at the club like Jose was? Doubtful.

Delighted anyway. Have little time for Chelsea as a club and even less for Conte.
    Got a free ride from the English press imo.
    Will be gone in the coming days you’d imagine with Chelsea’s track record.

Two appalling results back to back in what was already a poor run.

No sympathy for any of them involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well its not a mirror image but its a decent attempt and getting better :pac:

"....for sure we want to avoid the Mourinho season with Chelsea...."

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Jose must smile when he thinks of the toxic regimes he’s left behind and the total stability he enjoys now. One of the world’s biggest clubs, autonomy in terms of transfers, and owners who don’t interfere. But then he’ll only be with us for three years, won’t he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wazza on Sky has been excellent so far

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

So much for the advantages of continuity; since 2012, every manager who has won the league has departed the following season, with all of them sacked except Fergie.

2013 - Mancini
    2014 - Fergie retires
    2015 - Pellegrini
    2016 - Mourinho
    2017 - Ranieri
    2018 - Conte (probably)

Extraordinary.

Good news for those who don't like Pep then :P

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One can only wonder how that day was a part of how the club is as we see it today.

Had it not happened, where would it be today?

Would we be better or worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Placed a cheeky bet down yesterday for Watford to win, didn't keep up to date with the score and only found out the result this morning.

Probably for the best as I'd have cashed out no questions asked haha! Needed that. Pool and Chelsea both dropping points has relieved a little bit of the pressure on us, but should be looking to convincingly beat Newcastle now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Never forget.

article-2276489-177_A58_BE000005_DC-482_632x361.jpg

One can only wonder how that day was a part of how the club is as we see it today.

Had it not happened, where would it be today?

Would we be better or worse off.

Losing a golden generation, a team that was only finding it's stride, I think it's reasonable to say we lost a few European Cups when they died so tragically. But it's not about that really, it's about United's unrivalled youth policy. A policy that gave us The Flowers Of Manchester and a policy that helped us rebuild when we lost them. That's why playing the kids means everything, that's why Jose giving the young 17 year old Angel Gomes, his few minutes recently means everything. Because it's what United is all about. The reason United has 700 million supporters around the globe, is because of The Flowers Of Manchester, the football we've played and our world famous youth academy.

It's the most romantic story in football, a young generation that would have dominant for years, wiped out so cruelly. A club that couldn't even fill the team sheet for the league game after Munich. But we rebuilt and became the biggest club in the world and didn't need any dodgy billionaires help while doing it. That's why United will always be special and always unique. When the FA threatened to ban United if they entered the European Cup, Sir Matt couldn't careless and ignored them. Because he believed in good football and that it should not be confined within borders. So when you get clueless haters chanting "We support our local team." Our reply should be "We support a GLOBAL team." And we became a global team for the tragedy we survived, a tragedy that should have wiped us out but didn't, because we're Man United and we'll never die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Losing a golden generation, a team that was only finding it's stride, I think it's reasonable to say we lost a few European Cups when they died so tragically. But it's not about that really, it's about United's unrivalled youth policy. A policy that gave us The Flowers Of Manchester and a policy that helped us rebuild when we lost them. That's why playing the kids means everything, that's why Jose giving the young 17 year old Angel Gomes, his few minutes recently means everything. Because it's what United is all about. The reason United has 700 million supporters around the globe, is because of The Flowers Of Manchester, the football we've played and our world famous youth academy.

It's the most romantic story in football, a young generation that would have dominant for years, wiped out so cruelly. A club that couldn't even fill the team sheet for the league game after Munich. But we rebuilt and became the biggest club in the world and didn't need any dodgy billionaires help while doing it. That's why United will always be special and always unique. When the FA threatened to ban United if they entered the European Cup, Sir Matt couldn't careless and ignored them. Because he believed in good football and that it should not be confined within borders. So when you get clueless haters chanting "We support our local team." Our reply should be "We support a GLOBAL team." And we became a global team for the tragedy we survived, a tragedy that should have wiped us out but didn't, because we're Man United and we'll never die.

One of best posts I have read.

Gets to the point and sums it up so well.

• Advertisement

• Losing a golden generation, a team that was only finding it's stride, I think it's reasonable to say we lost a few European Cups when they died so tragically. But it's not about that really, it's about United's unrivalled youth policy. A policy that gave us The Flowers Of Manchester and a policy that helped us rebuild when we lost them. That's why playing the kids means everything, that's why Jose giving the young 17 year old Angel Gomes, his few minutes recently means everything. Because it's what United is all about. The reason United has 700 million supporters around the globe, is because of The Flowers Of Manchester, the football we've played and our world famous youth academy.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rooney was excellent last night on mnf. Give another real insight into the genius of sir alex and his man management. "Some games we went out and our team talk was you are better 11 than them and that was it" brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Placed a cheeky bet down yesterday for Watford to win, didn't keep up to date with the score and only found out the result this morning.

Probably for the best as I'd have cashed out no questions asked haha! Needed that. Pool and Chelsea both dropping points has relieved a little bit of the pressure on us, but should be looking to convincingly beat Newcastle now.

Jose's record away to Chelsea is not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Wonder will Conte be called “poison” at the club like Jose was? Doubtful.

Delighted anyway. Have little time for Chelsea as a club and even less for Conte.
    Got a free ride from the English press imo.
    Will be gone in the coming days you’d imagine with Chelsea’s track record.

Two appalling results back to back in what was already a poor run.

No sympathy for any of them involved.

Just thinking it would be pretty funny if Jose rocks up at a presser in a top, with AC stitched on it, for "support" haha.

He definitely has that top ready to go in his wardrobe :D

Funny to see the entire narrative of the Liverpool v Spurs game was rewritten last night. Must be something to do with that alternative league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Curse of West Brom if Conte hangs on that's their next game on Monday personally I hope he's still Capo when we play them just to see the Cheshire Cat like grin on Jose as we hammer them in two weeks.

Really good piece on bbc on the former secretary of the club and how his mother and aunt were the laundry ladies at the club in 1958 very touching.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42845471

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can I make this a sticky at the top of the thread? :D

Excellent post

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Interesting article on how Santiago Bernabeu and Real Madrid helped United after the crash.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/06/real-madrids-offer-loanalfredo-di-stefano-man-utd-munich-air/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Interesting article on how Santiago Bernabeu and Real Madrid helped United after the crash.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/06/real-madrids-offer-loanalfredo-di-stefano-man-utd-munich-air/

Liverpool also offered 5 players and would pay their wages in full

Love our club.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can I make this a sticky at the top of the thread? :D

Excellent post

Jaysus I'd be honoured, but for a nominal fee of course.:D

Only joking, but sometimes I think we forget who we are and I was thinking that when I typed it. Sometimes we get sucked in engaging with the trolls & haters. When we shouldn't really waste our time doing that, because you can't buy our history, class or pedigree and it oozes from our world famous club in abundance.

• I see Metro are trolling saying that De Gea has changed his contract demands after Sanchez’s arrival at United
    With no source either

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement