Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan hooked.

No surprise with how he played today but wouldn’t be calling him a busted flush or the like yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    I thought he went to Arsenal to play offensive football

Aye offensive to watch. He was crap today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Arsenal have been absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Miki is a 6th place team player

I imagine he loves the low expectation and comfort at Arsena, move along the less players like that we have the better.

And there are more we need rid of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There's only one Mkhitaryan (thank duck, we'd never have gotten shot of two) :p

United to Arsenal players only seem to excel when playing against United but do occasionally pull off the odd great performance, Mkhitaryan will do great things but just not all the time which is why he's gone to them in the first place. They needed midfield/holding player cover as that seems to be where a lot of their injuries happen, once he finds his way he should be just that for them unfortunately for him we don't have the place or time to allow him to adapt to such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arsenal have been absolutely shocking.

They'd have no complaints if they'd conceded 5 today.
    AFTV gonna be good later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

They'd have no complaints if they'd conceded 5 today.
    AFTV gonna be good later.

Kane should have scored 5by himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd like to see Mhki do well. He's a talented footballer and for a number of reasons it just didn't work out at United.

Seems like there's plenty who will take great joy in him struggling going forward because it somehow adds ammunition to use against the anti-José brigade.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That quote would actively offend me if I was an Arsenal fan, tbh, and is part of the reason I'm glad to see the back of him....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'd like to see Mhki do well. He's a talented footballer and for a number of reasons it just didn't work out at United.

Seems like there's plenty who will take great joy in him struggling going forward because it somehow adds ammunition to use against the anti-José brigade.

Not at all you couldn't be further wrong. All of this thread were only saying good about him it was the laughing and jeering was coming from arsenal side of it at Sanchez even tho he put in two man of the match performances.

I took great pleasure in miki performances today not because I want him to do well but because of the attitude of the arsenal fans and the people that made the snide comments about him been with Wengner he will be allowed more freedom.

It was also miki himself that made all the snide comments about Jose and attacking football so lets see how he will do that his shackles are off.

Nice of you to have a stance of wanting to see him do well most of us do too but put it into context please.

I agree with Jayo. It was all the jeering and jibes that Jose was inhibiting Mikhitryan,even today he couldn't pass the ball 5 yards to his own man.
    We saw so many of those performances from him that he became a passenger in the team. Jose has to be absolved from blame as he gave him chance after chance when others would have benched him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Seems like there's plenty who will take great joy in him struggling going forward because it somehow adds ammunition to use against the anti-Josrigade.

Its nothing to do with ammunition, its just simple human nature that people like to find out that their opinions were vindicated.

Its nothing to do with ammunition, its just simple human nature that people like to find out that their opinions were vindicated.

Imagine if mkhi had to of scored a coupke of goals today they would be some trash talk in here.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Imagine if mkhi had to of scored a coupke of goals today they would be some trash talk in here.

That will come anyway, he absolutely will pop up in the odd game here and there with a winner or another 3 assists and people will suggest we didn't do enough to get the best from him.

That will come anyway, he absolutely will pop up in the odd game here and there with a winner or another 3 assists and people will suggest we didn't do enough to get the best from him.

As long as he don't do it against us I'm happy enough for him to have a great time for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Borrowed from the United website.
    LONG READ: JESSE LINGARD'S UNITED STORY

Manchester United Academy programme adviser Tony Whelan tells the unique story of Jesse Lingard, and how the "kid from Warrington" became a flag bearer for the Reds’ youth system…

He’s always had that twinkle in his eye, has Jesse Lingard. The impish smile, too. There’s always something going on. You’re never too far away from something happening.

I came to Manchester United in 1990 as a part-time coach brought in by Brian Kidd. I then joined the Academy as a full-time member of staff in 1998, so I’ve seen the journeys of quite a lot of players in that time. This particular young man is a gem. Not only as a footballer, but as a human being, probably one of the best players I’ve had the privilege to coach; such a charming, mischievous young man and a joyous young player. He’s very, very likeable. He’s had a journey, as all players have, but Jesse’s journey to where he is now is unique. The fact that he is the boy he is just makes his journey even better.

HOW JESSE JOINED US

Jesse came into the football club under a gentleman who has recently retired, Mike Glennie. He came through the development centres to the Academy and worked through all the age groups up to Under-16s. He got himself a scholarship, came into our full-time programme, the Manchester United Schoolboy Scholarship – MANUSS for short – at the end of his Under-14 year. That was our first year, 2007/08. He was one of the first players that came into that new programme, so he was pioneering. He had to make a big sacrifice to do it, too. Warrington isn’t far away, but he still had to leave home and move into digs, which is always a big deal for any young player.

When we started the full-time MANUSS programme, we were obviously discussing which players would be selected, because obviously not everybody on our books could make it. Jesse’s name came up all the time and people – not within the football club but in general – were saying that he was so small and delicate, he might not be able to cope with the training and so on and so forth. But Jesse made you want to sign him up. His attitude and his personality made it happen, and it’s to Brian McClair’s eternal credit that he supported the decision to bring Jesse in.

BIDING HIS TIME

He played down a year, so when he was an Under-16, he was in with the Under-15s. Even when he went full-time he was still playing with the Under-16s. There was a big gap between him and the older boys, so in some of the games he didn’t play, simply because he wouldn’t have been able to get around the field and cope with the physical demands. He understood that. The thing about Jesse is that he was able to get his head around it and deal with it, and trust us to get it right.

We had to not play him in certain games, play him in others and bring him off to rest him at times, but he was able to deal with that. Some players just can’t get their heads around it. Jesse did. It wasn’t easy, but he had the patience, intelligence and trust in the coaching staff to know that those decisions were made in his best interests, that we were keeping him in cotton wool because we knew at some point he was going to grow. At some point all that ability would be able to come out.

So he went through all of that, went out on various loan spells, went on pre-season tours, finally got to make his debut - and then he injured his knee. He was out for months.

RECOVERY PROVED HIS RESILIENCE

During his long injury lay-off, I used to see Jesse hobbling into the Aon Training Complex. Knowing that he couldn’t train or play, knowing the boy he was and how much he loved to play, how energetic he was, it hurt to see him like that. You can’t help but get attached to players, especially a lad like Jesse. Seeing him so down was hard to watch.

I’ll always remember going down to St George’s Park for an event during Jesse’s recuperation. I bumped into Gareth Southgate, who at that point, was England’s Under-21 manager. We had a conversation about Jesse, who had played for the Under-21s. Gareth asked how he was. I said that I’d seen him a few times and he’d looked a bit down. That was that. It turns out that Gareth rang him, just to give him a bit of a lift, and now Jesse is in Gareth’s senior England team. There’s a lovely symmetry about all that.

It’s testament to Jesse’s resilience, determination and strength of character that he has been through all that and played his way into the England squad. To overcome his lack of physicality, to have the patience and determination to recover from that, and to then dig in and come back from such a serious injury, all of those things show outstanding qualities.

Jesse has great technical ability, athleticism and intelligence, of course, but people who think becoming a footballer is all about talent are wide of the mark. Of course you need talent, but you also need a strong character, resilience, a willingness to just dig in at times and deal with disappointments and adversities. He’s overcome all those things and in the end, that’s where it all comes together.

WARRINGTON BOY TO WEMBLEY HERO

For Jesse, it all came together at the 2016 FA Cup final.

I remember being a young boy and seeing how magical it was for any player to score the winning goal in an FA Cup final. To have that happen to somebody you know is just an incredibly special feeling.

What a goal, by the way. That superb technique and timing had been there when he was just a kid. We’d seen that kid grow up through the Academy, seen his talent nurtured, seen it come through and come to fruition, and we’d just seen the ultimate expression of that talent in an FA Cup final with a sensational, dramatic winning goal. The kid from Warrington had won the Cup. It’s very, very humbling in that moment to think: 'I know that boy, and he knows me.' And that’s part of the charm of Jesse’s story as well: it includes a lot of people.

The trophy was important, of course, but for a lot of people at the club, it was more than that. Jesse’s winner gave everybody in the Academy a great lift. It made us feel so proud of him as a person because we understood what his journey had been and what sacrifices he’d made, how he’d overcome his injury. The fact that he’s the boy he is, well, that was the icing on the cake.

THE STAFF BEHIND JESSE'S SUCCESS

It’s not just the coaches who are involved in player development. People misunderstand that. It’s people in the office – Clare Nicholas and Marie Beckley who do all the admin – it’s the whole medical staff, it’s the kit managers ensuring their kit is right, it’s Dave Price driving them around, it’s Dave Bushell looking after their education and welfare.

Of course, it’s also the likes of Eamon Mulvey, our Foundation-stage head coach, and you think about the people who took the kids in when they were really young, took them into the development centres, people like Mike Glennie and Kevin Ward, and you think: 'What was it like for them?' The same goes for the people at our partner school at Ashton-on-Mersey. A lot of the teachers who taught Jesse are still at the school, and they’re watching him on telly. To witness a young boy reach the end of the journey, to become a professional and score a goal at that level, of that magnitude, in such an iconic match, in such a way. The drama, the quality, everything. It goes beyond words.

You really do get a sense of paternal pride. No question. It works the other way too. When a homegrown player leaves, it hurts. It’s very much like how I felt about my children when they left home. There’s a sense of loss because you’ve had them for so long. So when you see them thriving in the first team at Manchester United, it really is paternal pride.

Of course, the other thing to throw in is that, over the years, you get to know their families. We really got to know Jesse’s mum over the years, and his grandad, who was an immense support to him when he was younger. You think of them and wonder: “If we feel this good, how must they feel?” It’s a shared thing. They must feel incredible to see him doing so well at this moment in time.

INSPIRING OTHERS

We would hope that Jesse's example inspires other players in the Academy. We can point to them and say that it wasn’t that long since he was sitting where you’re sitting, doing the same things you’re doing, up to all the same tricks and mischief, making the same mistakes you’re making, and he worked his way through it and got on with it because at the end of the day he wanted to be a footballer, wanted to pay the price, make the sacrifice. That’s the thing: some people want to be footballers or achieve things in life, but they’re not prepared to actually make the sacrifices, do the hard work that people don’t see. He was certainly prepared to do that, no question.

After Sir Matt Busby came to the club in 1945, Manchester United was predicated on the development of homegrown players. Jesse’s success is following in the footsteps of the Busby Babes, the Class of ’92, and that line, that legacy, is continuing, and he’s one of the gems in it.

So is Marcus Rashford, and what really resonated with me was seeing them both play in the Europa League final in Stockholm last May. Two Academy boys helping this club win a European trophy, the one trophy we hadn’t won. For them to share in that together, knowing each other’s journey, and us knowing it what those boys had to go through to get to where they’re at, was wonderful. Recently they both played for England against Brazil at Wembley. It just makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

It’s always special when you see a young boy come through the programme and achieve something. When I think of Jesse Lingard, I just think of a young kid who loves playing football and loves being with his mates. But Jesse isn’t a kid anymore. He’s a role model, a standard bearer. I think when he plays, he represents all that is good about football and all that is good about this football club: that love of the game.

When he was in the MANNUS programme he was also an ambassador. He had to be. Don’t get me wrong, any player at this football club is an ambassador. You don’t sign up to that in an intellectual or conscious way but that’s exactly what you are. Jesse though, he loves the football club, he loves football. He loves playing it. He’s been at this football club for two-thirds of his life. Most of his lifetime. His memories, his mindset, his whole being is associated with Manchester United.

ENJOYMENT AND ENTHUSIASM

I was privileged to have played under Sir Matt Busby before he retired and I always remember his message. It was a very simple mantra: make sure you pass the ball to a red shirt, and enjoy your football. You train hard all week, so just go out there and play. Don’t worry about the environment or the opposition; you have the support of your team-mates and you’re playing for a wonderful football club. Play without fear. Enjoy it.

That’s just Jesse, isn’t it? From the day he first walked into this football club at seven years of age, he always had a smile on his face. He always loved playing, always loved the game, always had enormous enthusiasm. You never had to ask him to work hard, and in some ways he’s inspired the coaches with his love of the game and love of the ball.

This is a special club. There have been special people here who have been the bastions of the youth development programme. Sir Matt, Jimmy Murphy, Sir Alex Ferguson… we continue to carry the banner in the youth department today, hoping to produce the next generation of players who are homegrown, who joined us from school, who will get in the first team. We have to believe that we can continue to do it. When you see people like Jesse and Marcus doing it now, it’s a great inspiration for us to carry on the work and an amazing inspiration for the young players who are here already.

Jesse still comes to watch the young boys play if they’re at the Aon Training Complex of an afternoon or on a Saturday morning or Sunday morning. He’ll pop over and say hello, and I know that means a lot to the part-time coaches who’ve had him, that remember him. The fact that he’s able to do that and still remember his roots is a wonderful thing and testimony to the way he’s been brought up here. He might be an established first teamer with major trophies and England caps, but to us, he’s the same mischievous lad with the twinkle in his eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

7 points from 9 for Spurs against us, Liverpool and Arsenal and a very handy run-in for them.

2nd could be dodgy.

7 points from 9 for Spurs against us, Liverpool and Arsenal and a very handy run-in for them.

2nd could be dodgy.

4 ahead of them with a game in hand, and only 11 games to go. I can't imagine us throwing away such a lead to be honest.

Not unless we decide "2nd or 4th is the same", and go gung-ho in the CL once top 4 is secure.

After a few years in the wildness, its nice to think we could be 14 clear of Arsenal by Monday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

2nd could be dodgy.

They’ve had a good couple of weeks after an average enough 5 months.
    See how they get on now when the weeks get busier.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    4 ahead of them with a game in hand, and only 11 games to go. I can't imagine us throwing away such a lead to be honest.

Not unless we decide "2nd or 4th is the same", and go gung-ho in the CL once top 4 is secure.

After a few years in the wildness, its nice to think we could be 14 clear of Arsenal by Monday night....

Arsenal ain't really a club to be measuring yourself by tho to be fair.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Borrowed from the United website.

I imagine the City youth coaches feel the same way when they see those empty seats on the bench.

I imagine the City youth coaches feel the same way when they see those empty seats on the bench.

1000 thanks.

Arsenal ain't really a club to be measuring yourself by tho to be fair.

Banter wise, yeah :P

Realistically...

They finished 6 points ahead of us last year.
    5 the year before that.
    5 the year before that.
    15 the year before that.

So basically, since Fergie left, we've never finished above them, and usually were quite a bit behind. Now we're 14 clear. Not saying its a massive thing, but it is a nice show that we're having a great year this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Realistically...

5 the year before that.
    5 the year before that.
    15 the year before that.

So basically, since Fergie left, we've never finished above them, and usually were quite a bit behind. Now we're 14 clear. Not saying its a massive thing, but it is a nice show that we're having a great year this year.

We know who to blame when we lose tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They’ve had a good couple of weeks after an average enough 5 months.
    See how they get on now when the weeks get busier.

I've missed you #nohomo

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I've missed you #nohomo

giphy.gif

Realistically...

5 the year before that.
    5 the year before that.
    15 the year before that.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/962332601842323457

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just on the list of former posters I am most certainly still here and very happy with how Jose is doing. More of a thanks whore than poster now

Best post I saw today was on Redcafe.

"How did Mikhitryan play,I missed the first half".

"So did he".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I understand it's not united related but anyone know why coleman was subbed today ? I just noticed it was the 46th minute which seems like an odd time to come off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

limnam wrote: »
    I understand it's not united related but anyone know why coleman was subbed today ? I just noticed it was the 46th minute which seems like an odd time to come off

It was at H/T. Presumed injury/fitness problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It was a half time sub, no idea why though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Slight muscle strain taking off as a precaution.

Not unexpected news, but nice to see all the same...

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/962299693064753152
    Simon Stone, Twitter; Man Utd to wear black armbands in honour of Liam Miller at Newcastle tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Realistically...

5 the year before that.
    5 the year before that.
    15 the year before that.

I wouldnt call 16 points behind city a "great year"

bangkok wrote: »

Position wise compared to last year its pretty great but yeah it's not great but heading in right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RIP Liam Miller. Thoughts with his family and those who knew and loved him personally. Only 36, only sick about 4 months, it's a very sad, sobering story.

Anyone see Vic Vinegar/Bombleswizzum around? He was another good one.

I had a quick search for a list of posters Mick put up the night of the Man United 3 Liverpool 1 (Martial!!!) result from 2015. Some of the names on his list, and others who were posting around the time of that result, are nowt to be seen these days.

In no particular order...

Roquentin
    Mewe
    Hank Scorpio
    Irishfeen
    LeeJm
    Korat
    Mythical Madman
    Trilla
    Gowlasaurus Rex
    Maximus Alexander
    Polo_Mint
    Manutd_4life
    Magicmarker
    DeanK
    Keno (Kylo)

Gas looking back at the posts that day, we were high as kites.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057485530&page=335

I'm still here. Don't post at all anymore. Sometimes I don't even read the thread for days. It's like most things in life where you just grow out of something. There were some laughs back in the day tho. You'd miss the old days. #OldManPost #BackInMyDay

Thats the spirit!

Relative to other years, I would. It's been our strongest year post-Fergie, and although City are ahead of us so drastically, it's fairly obvious in any other year, we'd be in a title challanging position, our first in years.

There's issues still, sure. Record against the top six needs to improve. Our midfield needs drastic reinforcements. But relative to the last four seasons, this has been a great season for us so far, imo.

• Advertisement

Relative to other years, I would. It's been our strongest year post-Fergie, and although City are ahead of us so drastically, it's fairly obvious in any other year, we'd be in a title challanging position, our first in years.

There's issues still, sure. Record against the top six needs to improve. Our midfield needs drastic reinforcements. But relative to the last four seasons, this has been a great season for us so far, imo.

Your spending too much time lurking in the pool thread. ;)

Your spending too much time lurking in the pool thread. ;)

But I do believe next year is our year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

6 hours later.... Wtf

We're having a great season.. cnuts, don't try telling me we ain't.. I'll just say Moyes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hold on, from years past since the greatest manager of all time quit we've gone 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th and we are now having our best season since.. 2nd is nothing to be laughed at, means were on the right track. Guaranteed every club below us would love to be second this season.
    And your telling me thats not a 'great year'
    With the people we've shipped out, fazed out of the squad for the summer and the quality brought in, youth academy players taking the league by storm ( again ) and we're 2nd so far, with some solid football being played.....

What the actual ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Aresenal/ Chelsea are crumbling so far, Arsenal need a new manager...
    Chelsea is a tough gig in itself, Conte is a quality manager but fallen to the board sword. Big contrast's between the two managers. They'll be a new manager in 1 of the clubs in the summer. ( Fully expect Arsene to be in the league next year after the usual huff and puff)

Liverpool/Spurs No disrespect but they play to they're squads streagth's.
    Where would Pool be without Salah?
    Where would Spurs be without Kane?

Two Phenomenal players but carrying their teams.

We're slotting in goals from everywhere and look dangerous from most angles.
    Yeah city are running away with the league this season, but we look the only team looking strong enough to challenge next year.

The embargoed part of Jose's press conference...

Jose on Sanchez importance to CL:

I needed a player who had that level of CL experience, who knows how to respond in the knockouts. Alexis was there in the CL for a while or rather in one club where they had the drive to win CL while he was in Barcelona. My other attackers simply don't have that experience. Lukaku plays his first CL, Rashford maybe 1 or 2 games under Mr. Van gaal, Lingard, Martial maybe one season with Monaco. Mata is a CL winner. So i needed experience there who has played in CL knockouts.

I like to have a player in my team that loses the ball in minute 91 and doesn’t stop until he recovers that ball even if he is tired. Just like he was in the last minute of our last match. I like this attitude.

I've always thought that crucial moment in football is when your team loses the ball and you become exposed and open for the opponent to hurt you.

When you have players in the team of that mentality where they say, I made that mistake or I lost the ball and I am going to recover it, that is very important.

All this combination with Alexis, his experience, his talent and his mentality makes him the player that I like.

Jose on DDG :

Do you think a club that is trying to attract the best players is a club that is open to losing their best players?

It makes no sense. We have to attract the best players, like we did with Alexis, Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba and so on."

So we don’t let our best players go.

Jose on the need to protect Sanchez :

You can see the way Alexis has been “welcomed” by the opponent! He is a tough boy, a pure guy who can cope with that.

He has received some bad tackles. I don’t like the word “protect” because it looks like referees have to protect only the top players, but they have to protect everybody on the pitch equally.

They know the rules and if the card has to come then I am sure the refs will be in control of it.

What do you want defenders to do? Do you want defenders let top players play with freedom. It is the nature of the game, the more you fear the more you target. You fear the most talented players so it is natural.

For the referees every player must be treated the same and according to the rules. So if the referee sees red card, then the red card comes, if they see a yellow, then the yellow comes and the second.

We don’t need managers speaking about this. When they see an obvious thing the referee must take care of it which I think they try to do.

Maybe his manager needs to cry a little bit more

Jose on his behaviour in the touchline:

I am fully committed to win the award this season of the best-behaved manager on the touchline. I am serious!

There are so many awards - performance of the week, manager of the month and this and that - they should give one (to) the guy that behaves best on the touchline and it should be the fourth official to vote.

I'm pretty sure that I would win. I'm serious! I didn't create one problem to one fourth official on a touchline, apart from my red card at Southampton when I put a foot on the pitch.

I'm serious, I prepare myself, I'm really happy. I'm not free of losing my temper, my control in one match. I'm not perfect.

I'm not going from the Bad One to the Perfect One, no way, but I try, I make an effort and I'm happy with the way things are going.

• Advertisement

Been a while since we had this debate with bangkok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

This has the potental to be a great season, but regardless I believe that it will go down as a pivotal one. We were going the way of Liverpool; the reigns of David Moyes and Louis Van Gaal were disastrous, but then finally the club made the right decision and appointed Jose a season and a half ago. Jose is 100% the right man for the job. He’s the victim of so much “fake news” around young players, style of football, and magpie-like flitting from club to club; all rubbish. This season will be remembered as the year we signed Alexis and captured our 4th European Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where’s Brintys train? We could use it to plough over the negitive Nelly’s in here

• MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where’s Brintys train? We could use it to plough over the negitive Nelly’s in here

M!Ck^s tractor more like

Bangkok How'd Miki get on yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    M!Ck^s tractor more like

Bangkok How'd Miki get on yesterday?

He was crap but ye love stats in here so he had 3 assists in 2 games :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement