Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• bangkok wrote: »
    Blaming the ref again i see...

We have been sh1t

?
    Newcastle should have had a peno.
    He's been poor all game.

Nothing got to do with the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »

We have been sh1t

No one is blaming the ref, they said he has been poor for both teams..

Who’s blaming the ref? If your going to call it out at least name names..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Absolutely no confidence in the ability of any of the back 4 bar Jones (most of the time) to play a calm forward pass into midfield which is what leads to Pogba becoming isolated and an easy press for the opposition, especially with Smalling on the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We have been sh1t

We're blamin the ref for not giving Newcastle a penalty, not using him as an excuse for our performance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

We have been sh1t

And so has the ref been sh*t. They’re not mutually exclusive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam O wrote: »
    Absolutely no confidence in the ability of any of the back 4 bar Jones (most of the time) to play a calm forward pass into midfield which is what leads to Pogba becoming isolated and an easy press for the opposition, especially with Smalling on the ball.

All four were there when Fergie was.

Desperately needs attention this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

****e. That's how I'd some up that half. Play the same in the second half and we'll be lucky too come away with a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

We have been sh1t

The ref has been brutal for both teams.

Which was stated numerous times, which I'm sure you read.

Why miss an opportunity to give us all a deep insight into your thoughts on the game.

• Jose at fault for two reasons so far IMO

1) A midfield 2
    2) Playing Pogba when he's clearly not fit

I'd contribute that also to a good effort from Newcastle to close down in midfield.

We did have the best chances of the half however. A poor finish from Martial, regardless of the keeper making a good save. He had loads of space to aim at on the right hand side and should have put a little bit of height in his shot.

Lukaku, Sanchez and Jones our best players that half.

Never mind the finishing from Martial (which I thought was more a good save than a poor finish), what about that ball from Matic to set him up? Sexual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

astradave wrote: »
    Looking at the angle from behind the goal, that’s a world class save
    Thought the same until I saw the angle from behind Martial and he shoots directly at the keepers left foot with plenty of the goal further to the right to aim at.

Bad miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think we've been alright. Very controlled for the most part and had two or three good chances. Martial maybe could have went around the keeper, perhaps that's something he needs to add to his game to make him less predictable for keepers.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jose at fault for two reasons so far IMO

1) A midfield 2

I don’t think it is a midfield two. Looks like an inverted triangle to me with Matic at the base and Pogba and Lingard playing on the left and right..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Never mind the finishing from Martial (which I thought was more a good save than a poor finish), what about that ball from Matic to set him up? Sexual.

He put the ball in pretty much the only place the keeper could save it with little to no power.

woeful finish.

What a ball though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

1) A midfield 2

There just walking through the middle so easily

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Thought the same until I saw the angle from behind Martial and he shoots directly at the keepers right foot with plenty of the goal further to the right to aim at.

Bad miss.

Just seen that there, didn’t look that close from the other angle.. still quick feet from the keeper

1) A midfield 2

Lingard needs to drop back into the channels and start picking it up and dribbling from deep positions so that the defenders have to make decisions about whether to come out or not.

City get by fine playing KDB and Silva in front of a less defensive player than Matic. It's about the spacing and understanding, especially in these games where you dominate possession.

1) A midfield 2

That's a bit risky alright with some of the important fixtures which are coming in the next few weeks.

Jose seems to be trusting his player here. He did signal to Pogba early on if he was okay to continue, and Pogba gave him the thumbs up.

Not that that means Pogba is okay to continue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Pogba being an absolute stroller is nothing to do with fitness

Too busy worrying about his hair or emoji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ref has been awful. Clear peno for Newcastle. No yellow for the foul on Jesse. Both joke decisions. Oh and lol at Bangkok for his “don’t blame the ref we have been crap” when people are say8ng Newcastle were denied a peno. Sums him up.

Underwhelming. Pogba at half speed. Whether he’s 8mjured or not who knows. Seems to pull up at the start but them signaled to the bench that he was ok. Hope he isn’t playing with an injury and affecting th team negatively. Hard to tell as I’ve seen him annonymous like this before without injury.

Lukaku and Sanchez Utds best players by a country mile. Sanchez has been phenomenal.

You were spouting the same rubbish during the Spurs game..

You seem to have a major chip on your shoulder re:Pogba

• Pogba being an absolute stroller is nothing to do with fitness

Cool story bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We have been sh1t

Ahh Bangkok read the bloody thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This is Newcastle ffs. We should be winning this by 2-3 goals. What is going on with us recently. Worrying

Ahh hey there Graham welcome to the thread.

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    You were spouting the same rubbish during the Spurs game..

You seem to have a major chip on your shoulder re:Pogba

I'm starting to see a pattern alright.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106012253

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105699124

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Carrick on for pogba and maybe mata for lingard

I don’t think it is a midfield two. Looks like an inverted triangle to me with Matic at the base and Pogba and Lingard playing on the left and right..

Yea( but that’s a midfield two really with an attacker playing a little deeper. He’s not a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah here I dont get this talk of a midfield 3. Jose has almost always played a 4-2-3-1. Its just Pogba assumes box to box = "false 10" so he just ambles up to where Lingard is playing anyway leaving us with just Matic..

I think the fact a few people have mentioned they cant even tell whether or not he is injured is telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Ref has been awful. Clear peno for Newcastle. No yellow for the foul on Jesse. Both joke decisions. Oh and lol at Bangkok for his “don’t blame the ref we have been crap” when people are say8ng Newcastle were denied a peno. Sums him up.

Underwhelming. Pogba at half speed. Whether he’s 8mjured or not who knows. Seems to pull up at the start but them signaled to the bench that he was ok. Hope he isn’t playing with an injury and affecting th team negatively. Hard to tell as I’ve seen him annonymous like this before without injury.

Lukaku and Sanchez Utds best players by a country mile. Sanchez has been phenomenal.

I dont care about the ref. Yea he has been poor but its hard job.

I care about united and yet again we have been ****. Its not good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just seen that there, didn’t look that close from the other angle.. still quick feet from the keeper
    Yeah, can't deny the keeper did very well but Martial could have done a little better too.

Hopefully we'll get a few more chances of that quality and take at least on of them.

We're certainly not controlling this game but we rarely do with this setup.

adox wrote: »
    Yea( but that’s a midfield two really with an attacker playing a little deeper. He’s not a midfielder.

Its a midfield one with a midfielder(pogba) playing further forward!!

limnam wrote: »
    He put the ball in pretty much the only place the keeper could save it with little to no power.

woeful finish.

What a ball though

I'm not saying that it was his best effort, just that if you were to read the thread reaction before you actually saw the shot, you'd think Martial scuffed it wide or something.

The trouble is that it was our best chance so far in a 0-0. Of course Martial should be doing better, but I thought the keeper did quite well to react with his foot. I don't think every PL keeper makes that save. If DDG made that save at the other end, we'd likely be praising it rather than saying 'Woeful effort Newcastle'.

Anyway, it's not a hill I'm prepared to die on. Martial should have scored.

Dubravka has been annoyingly solid. Did very well against Martial and claimed a few crosses competently. Lukaku has a very nice cross on him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Once again I think Lingard is getting off lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah but it’s so hilarious and original. Cheered me up anyway. Especially the hair thing, never heard that one before.

You were taking rubbish. You said people are blam8ng the ref for the performance which was just utterly wrong. Just, for once in your life admit you were wrong and move on.

Or keep dodging the points put to you.

• bangkok wrote: »

Moving the goalposts, yet again

You implied everyone was moaning about the ref

Utd's Performance and Refs performance are not mutually exclusive

• Once again I think Lingard is getting off lightly.

You are right. Poor today so far.
    His goals might be blinding some fair criticism of late.

Thank fcuk Ritchie is off. Pawson was giving that!

• Advertisement

Lingard has gone a bit off the boil since that hot streak around December-January. Wouldn't mind Sanchez at #10 but we have to put Pogba there to have a proper midfield. So Lingard could be dropped again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Smallinh doing what Harry Kane does weekly and a foul called

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Such a scrappy game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Getting sick of watching Lingaard and Pogba trying to play the same position. Game's crying out for Mata who was excellent against Huddersfield.

• Good call from the ref tbf for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This game needs mata

Great feet by Alexis to make that chance!

Lukaku needs to stop getting so flat footed in the box. Defenders always react faster than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sanchez was fouled by Shelvey there when shooting. Won't get 5 mins after the game speaking about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just swing at it first time, for fúck sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement