Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    smaller squad, smaller budget, but you know that already

Ponch has spent over £200,000,000 in the last two seasons, hardly chump change considering that figure is about the same as Spurs total revenue for 2016.

• fullstop wrote: »
    It's cute that you think that because I thanked a post making **** of yours :)

Jose got ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jose got ya ;)

Nope

• fullstop wrote: »
    Nope

Yep

Yep

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Oddly I'm starting to like you as a poster
    Niallo is my #1 through

Stunned-Gif1518560911.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Ponch has spent over £200,000,000 in the last two seasons, hardly chump change considering that figure is about the same as Spurs total revenue for 2016.

Net spend?

Night all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That Juve record can’t be right? Or is that just in the Champions league? They haven’t let in a goal in 7 or so matches in the league/cup so that would only be 630? Anyone got the link to that record?

fullstop wrote: »
    Nope

Do you follow Mick everywhere just to have a pop at him? Seems everywhere he posts you are there getting in a dig..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

i said city were great tonight, im not a united supporter either

You've been a closet blue and pep fanboy all season.

Come to think of it, so have I.

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    Do you follow Mick everywhere just to have a pop at him? Seems everywhere he posts you are there getting in a dig..

It's a strong fanbase :P

It's a strong fanbase :P

I know you mentioned him first but it’s just an observation I’ve had on the SF.. it’s mental :D

astradave wrote: »

Lol, are you his mother? It was him who had the dig first so maybe you should be asking him :rolleyes:

fullstop wrote: »
    Lol, are you his mother? It was him who had the dig first so maybe you should be asking him :rolleyes:

Nope.. just an observation.. it’s like you get a notification every time he posts on the soccer forum that you need to have a say on it.. not talking about this instance but in general..

Oh and back at ya ;)

giphy.gif

Nope.. just an observation.. it’s like you get a notification every time he posts on the soccer forum that you need to have a say on it.. not talking about this instance but in general..

Not sure what your point is...he brought me into the conversation a few posts after I had posted a reply about the Spurs game to someone else...so yeah whatever you're having yourself :)

• astradave wrote: »
    Nope.. just an observation.. it’s like you get a notification every time he posts on the soccer forum that you need to have a say on it.. not talking about this instance but in general.

Glad somebody noticed it, thought it was just me!

The fanbase come and go, although it can be a bit odd at times...obsessive in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

limnam wrote: »
    Yet only had 38% possession at home against spurs.

People would be calling for jose to be sacked.

I think you'll find they were not going for it.

But you knew that all ready

38% possession is about the norm for Mourinho. Fair ****s to Pochetino 62% possession away to juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    ManUtd is all about playing without fear, players expressing themselves on the pitch and young players coming in and play as if they are seasoned players.

You know what? That's what Spurs team did today and reminds me of ManUtd of old. Play without fear and always try to play on front foot.

Obviously they aren't as good as ManUtd but the attitude of the team was same. That's what Manutd team should be.

A jose team will never play like that.
    When he won the league with chelsea in 2015, he famously said "go play on the moon" when defending his "boring football"

I cant find the quote now, but i remember him saying that when he tried playing attacking football, the team lost so he switched to a "winning" style

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-tells-chelsea-critics-to-go-play-on-the-moon-10208442.html

jose will never change, he will win you trophies but it wont ever be pretty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Robson99 wrote: »
    38% possession is about the norm for Mourinho. Fair ****s to Pochetino 62% possession away to juve

54.4% for Mourinho this season

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32/Show/England-Manchester-United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

But you were congratulating both teams for going at it.

Now you've switched to fair play to spurs.

Clueless.

duffman13 wrote: »

Thats very poor. I'd imagine worst of Top 6 is it ?

The 4 _beneath_ us in the league have better?

Possibly.

limnam wrote: »
    But you were congratulating both teams for going at it.

Now you've switched to fair play to spurs.

Clueless.

I was being sarcastic. Did you watch the game???? . It could gave ended 4-4
    Its seems to me that unless everyone drools over Mourinho like you do then they are clueless. Whatever keeps your toys in the pram

That Juve record can’t be right? Or is that just in the Champions league? They haven’t let in a goal in 7 or so matches in the league/cup so that would only be 630? Anyone got the link to that record?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I often dream of the good old days where we would be guaranteed 70% with King Louis.

• Advertisement

So Juve countered well with their 38% possession?

hmmm

Sounds very Jose like.

You sure you enjoyed the game?

You seem very confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

smaller squad, smaller budget, but you know that already

Than Leicester?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And We could have slotted 3 past Newcastle at the weekend if Martial had buried his two chances and Sanchez had as well.

Trying to paint tonight's Juve performance as what we strive for under Jose is really showing a disconnect with reality, cause that "counter at home in a big game" is EXACTLY what Jose has been trying to do...

You've been a closet blue and pep fanboy all season.

Come to think of it, so have I.

I don't think you have, nor do I think bangkok is in the closet anymore though tbf.

He has had his head turned, it happens I'm sure. When he fully accepts it he will find peace again.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Your wrong.

• Advertisement

I don't think you have, nor do I think bangkok is in the closet anymore though tbf.

He has had his head turned, it happens I'm sure. When he fully accepts it he will find peace again.

Pep is rather dreamy :o

Tell you what, its much worse than Arsenal thats for sure.

We should aspire to be like Arsenal!

We should aspire to be like Arsenal!

They play aggressive, good football.

But wait, they've won fck all.

Something is wrong with the algorithm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Is it worse than City?

Well, at least we'll always have Monday's calm, sensible discussion. Never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone?

I checked for you there, they had 8 clean sheets in a row before tonight last conceding in the 19th minute against Benevento. So thats roughly 820ish minutes since they last conceded at home, from that Benevento goal until the Spurs one tonight.

Is it worse than City?

Arsenals? Yeah. City are top of the possession stats, not surprisingly being that they have been by far the best,most consistent team this season and they play a high possession game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Over £30 million for Herrera anyone? That's what the Star are saying United will want from AC Milan for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You get bonus points based on possession stats right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Talk about missing points. Everything in football is just black or white. Whether possession based team or counter attacking team, whether all out attack or park the bus. It's a binary world.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I checked for you there, they had 8 clean sheets in a row before tonight last conceding in the 19th minute against Benevento. So thats roughly 820ish minutes since they last conceded at home, from that Benevento goal until the Spurs one tonight.

Yeah I thought that it was around 650-800, didn’t know were the 1450 came from, hence why I was asking for a link. Cheers

The biggest concern for me with Jose is he still hasn't got us rock solid defensively like his team's in the past were so impressive in defence and while I know we have a good record in the premier league we still look so open so often. He has had 4 transfer windows and we are still lining up with a fairly uninspiring back line.

Its the one thing I thought he have gotten right by now and if he had done I'd have given us some hope in the champions league but it's hard to be confident of making the next round the way things are at the moment.

Bailly can't come back quick enough or Fellaini for the matter. If we had the big fella we don't conceded that goal against Newcastle either he is a man mountain defending high balls in his own box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Gas seeing AVB mentioned. I remember I was hugely in the camp of people who wanted AVB to be Fergies replacement. Still am a big fan of his.

Once Chelsea dropped out of the top 4 it all went horrible and the relationship with the board and some of the more experienced players soured. Thought he did ever so well at Spurs during his first season and was unlucky to miss out on the champions league despite setting a record for their total points. Didn't help losing Bale then obviously.

Saw he's currently out of contract after turning down an extension in China, hurt his back competing in a rallying event last month though (I'm not making that up).

Now I'm not suggesting I think he should be next in line for United but would love to see him get back to managing a team in a top league again, then who knows down the line.

Apparently he wants to go to either Japan or South America as he wants to experience the culture. Got to respect that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Apparently he wants to go to either Japan or South America as he wants to experience the culture. Got to respect that

Is it too much to ask him to take my opinions into consideration?

Get back to the top leagues Andre. Heard Sheff Weds wanted him but don't know about that haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Worst in the the top 6 however Arsenal is second best. I wouldn't get too hung up on possession stats tbh. King Louis showed that

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/ballbesitz/wettbewerb/GB1

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Eric Bailly’s absence is hugely relevant to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

duffman13 wrote: »
    Worst in the the top 6 however Arsenal is second best. I wouldn't get too hung up on possession stats tbh. King Louis showed that

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/ballbesitz/wettbewerb/GB1

Yeah possession for the sake of it is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask him to take my opinions into consideration?

Get back to the top leagues Andre. Heard Sheff Weds wanted him but don't know about that haha!

They were chatting about him on Totally Football the other week. Apparently he only wants to work another few years and that'll be him retired. Fair play to the guy, there's more to life than football!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Anyone?

It was actually one goal conceded in 16 games which would be around 1500 mins

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2018/feb/13/juventus-tottenham-hotspur-harry-kane-champions-league

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement