Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Previous experience of winning trophies and managing a big transfer budget are prequisites for a potential United manager; the Moyes debacle must never be repeated. Pochettino is merely the flavour of the month and shouldn’t be let next or near the place until such time as he has actually achieved something in the game. Speaking hypothetically, and notwithstanding the fact that I’m an avid Jose Mourinho fan and believe that he’s doing a good job, if Jose did go I’d be lobbying for Carlo Ancellotti. But there is no vacancy and we have the right man for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Previous experience of winning trophies and managing a big transfer budget are prequisites for a potential United manager; the Moyes debacle must never be repeated. Pochettino is merely the flavour of the month and shouldn’t be let next or near the place until such time as he has actually achieved something in the game. Speaking hypothetically, and notwithstanding the fact that I’m an avid Jose Mourinho fan and believe that he’s doing a good job, if Jose did go I’d be lobbying for Carlo Ancellotti. But there is no vacancy and we have the right man for the job.

Flavour of the month. You keep saying that.
    He has progressed right from his time at espanyol, southampton and now spurs. Nearly 10 years in the managers game. He is an excellent manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So funny, against us keepers do be having the games of their lives. Then you see this kind of ****e.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

So funny, against us keepers do be having the games of their lives. Then you see this kind of ****e.

Why would anyone watch liverpool porto over real psg??!

Secret liverpool supporter?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »

Not everyone has bt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Should be a klopp to united conversation starting anytime soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How did you know the poster was not on about PSG and Real?

Hococop wrote: »
    Not everyone has bt

If you have internet, you have bt ;)

DM_7 wrote: »
    How did you know the poster was not on about PSG and Real?

Well im watching that and neither keeper has made a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How did you know he was watching the Pool match.. could have been watching lynx vs mins Calpe in the Gibraltar Premier league..

You a secret Liverpool fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

limnam wrote: »
    Should be a klopp to united conversation starting anytime soon.

He turned Utd down once before, what makes you think he'd change his mind now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's 2 nil for any of you that don't have bt by the way.

niallo27 wrote: »
    It's 2 nil for any of you that don't have bt by the way.

That'd be nil 2 BTW Niallo

.......... can't be arsed listening to Dunphy at half time so decided to become the grammar police :o

It was said in jest but you probably knew that and just wanted a reason to post that up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    It was said in jest but you probably knew that and just wanted a reason to post that up :)

If he had have taken over we would have 3 less trophies in the cabinet.

Bullet dodged tbh.

• Advertisement

Bullet dodged tbh.

Well in fairness we would have 3 runner up medals

7CoXasO.gif

Bullet dodged tbh.

C'mon, get it right. It would be four less trophies if he'd come in instead of LVG wouldn't it?

Game back on.

Carry on.

I don't recall stating an opinion one way or another.

C'mon, get it right. It would be four less trophies if he'd come in instead of LVG wouldn't it?

Game back on.

Carry on.

You tell me.

You post as much in here as you do in the LFC thread so you must know alot and care alot about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

You tell me.

You post as much in here as you do in the LFC thread so you must know alot and care alot about us.

Depends on the gap and the days results to be fair.

• Advertisement

Bullet dodged tbh.

Or we could have had 3 more

And we're off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What is the correlation between stadium expansion and quite crowd according to MUST?

What is the correlation between stadium expansion and quite crowd according to MUST?

It’s just an excuse by MUST

limnam wrote: »
    And we're off...

You going on holidays?

You going on holidays?

I'm hoping it's just a fact you're very young.

No I'm going to try to explain to my kids that when I told them clowns didn't really exist.

I lied.

Ronaldo what a player. Hope psg get knocked out

You tell me.

I did :confused:

How do you know how much I post in the LFC thread? You a secret lurker? No need to be shy when you're spending time there, say hello.

Yes, I do spend time in here for two primary reasons:-

1. You girls and boys are a very welcoming bunch and make me feel right at home.

2. I much prefer the style and pure volume of humour in here, not all of it deliberate of course but it's constant, enjoyable and much appreciated. The LFC thread doesn't have half the funny $h1t that goes on in here and for that I thank you all.

Not a bad match between the two small clubs tonight BTW. 5 goals away from home and a clean sheet against the unbeaten league leaders and some cracking football.

Where would you be going with no bell on your bike eh?

Im not going to get into it tbh because it will only attract others giddy after results elsewhere, though I'm sure a few will be along shortly.

I'd suggest if you want to praise Klopp you take it to the LFC thread or the champions league general thread because I for one, and I'm sure I'm not alone, do not give two shiny shytes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Neymar was supposed to elevate them in ties like this.

Hasn't done a tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If psg gat knocked out that's gonna be a massive failure for them

(Edit I know it's a pretty obvious statement :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ugh looks like Pool will prob rest most they're starting 11 before playing us now. I can see them doing very very well in the Champions League.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Neymar was supposed to elevate them in ties like this.

Hasn't done a tap.

Neither did mbappe

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ugh looks like Pool will prob rest most they're starting 11 before playing us now. I can see them doing very very well in the Champions League.

With that front 3, they will give any team problems at the back. Wait til they come up against smalling and jones, they will sort them out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

And thank **** he did. He just isn't going to deliver trophies on a regular basis and that is a requirement at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

With that front 3, they will give any team problems at the back. Wait til they come up against smalling and jones, they will sort them out :)

When things are going bad your posts actually make me want to vomit. Like a constant happiness about your posts to see the team failing.

Your post are so one tracked it's unreal same vibe from them constantly.

Your posts are really really unlikable I find myself drifting between yeah they are grand at times to drifting back to nope actually they are really odd posts.

Before any one says anything I'm attacking the posts not the poster!!!!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    When things are going bad your posts actually make me want to vomit. Like a constant happiness about your posts to see the team failing.

Your post are so one tracked it's unreal same vibe from them constantly.

Your posts are really really unlikable I find myself drifting between yeah they are grand at times to drifting back to nope actually they are really odd posts.

Before any one says anything I'm attacking the posts not the poster!!!!!

r66kl.gif

There’s at least 2 lads posting here pretending to be United fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Europa and league cup. what's the 3rd mourinho won?

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »

It’s a joke in fairness so don’t take that post serious, the third is the community shield, again, no one thinks that is a serious trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just to confirm. I am a united supporter. That joke must have gone over a few of yer heads

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Charity shield?

Your been very conservative with your estimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Name and shame them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

The league, back in September!

• Advertisement

Liverpool must have won...

VanGowl and the FA Cup.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Name and shame them.

That’s against the charter in fairness, basically acusing someone of trolling..

I'll be honest lads, a lot of the bullshít that went on in the aftermath of the result on Sunday and which has crept back in yesterday and today - You are giving it rise by constantly quoting and debating it and letting it piss you off. A lot of us should know better by now.

I'm not suggesting using the ignore function, at all, just to be more selective with what you engage with, or try to have a better tolerance for the bullshít.

The place wouldn't be half as bad if we didn't quote and amplify the bullshít.

Note: Not necessarily aimed at rival fans.

I'll be honest lads, a lot of the bullshít that went on in the aftermath of the result on Sunday and which has crept back in yesterday and today - You are giving it rise by constantly quoting and debating it and letting it piss you off. A lot of us should know better by now.

I'm not suggesting using the ignore function, at all, just to be more selective with what you engage with, or try to have a better tolerance for the bullshít.

The place wouldn't be half as bad if we didn't quote and amplify the bullshít.

Note: Not necessarily aimed at rival fans.

You know the funny thing is that the rival fans are grand because at least you know where their loyalty lies and what the agenda is and the agenda is grand because it goes in both directions you can take that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement