Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The league, back in September!

Funny coming from Liverpool fan but lack of self awareness is not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ha, ye could only wish ye won a league recently.. :D

• Time for some fun considering the day that's it....

Think a new bromance is brewing....

5nj6lAb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 you are my valentine according to boards

Commiserations

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Time for some fun considering the day that's it....

Think a new bromance is brewing....

(Image)

blwkss.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yermandans one will have 10 hearts for everyone, all posters in here!

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    jayo26 you are my valentine according to boards

Commiserations

How did you check? Remember last time there a link for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20180214_222634.jpg

Astradave is just a thanks slut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Funny coming from Liverpool fan but lack of self awareness is not surprising.
    astradave wrote: »
    Ha, ye could only wish ye won a league recently.. :D

Could'nt resist lads!

Anyway, this thread makes interesting reading, it surprises me how few of you are willing to see the problems within your own team, those that do seem to get a hard time for expressing their opinions.

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

For shîts and giggles

Mine:

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    jayo26 x10
    M!Ck^ x7
    Lord TSC x5
    adox x4
    Whatsisname x3
    Cookie_Dough x3
    Cantona's Collars x3
    Business Cat x3
    Stu Redman x3
    yermandan x3
    RobertKK x2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Anyway, this thread makes interesting reading, it surprises me how few of you are willing to see the problems within your own team, those that do seem to get a hard time for expressing their opinions.

That's not true at all.

I think the vast majority of people understand there's some issues. They just don't drone on constantly like a spoilt child so you probably don't notice them as much.

But thanks for reminding us.

Could'nt resist lads!

Nonsense. I expressed my opinion and got lot of fair posts in the arguments.

There are few who can't see anything except CVs and results but there are many who posted fair opinions.

It is surprising how Liverpool fans all of a sudden started teaching what and where problems are.

astradave you whore.

fdNcn5p.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

bangkok wrote: »
    Why would anyone watch liverpool porto over real psg??!

Secret liverpool supporter?? :)

Either that, or they have both games on it the pub....... we may never know

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

**** this, I’m going GIF free and none of ye are getting my thanks anymore yiz ungrateful sods

KL43eyu.jpg

KL43eyu.jpg

So that's where Pro. F has been! Delighted for you guys. You should start your own analysis channel on Youtube, that would be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ohHSXmAh.jpg

The-Mask-Meme.jpg

So that's where Pro. F has been! Delighted for you guys. You should start your own analysis channel on Youtube, that would be pretty cool.

Pro F, the voice of reason. Does he not post anymore?

• Advertisement

I’ll tell ya who isn’t on Pro F’s list anyways.. your airbag, that’s who :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pathetic :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Nonsense. I expressed my opinion and got lot of fair posts in the arguments.

There are few who can't see anything except CVs and results but there are many who posted fair opinions.

It is surprising how Liverpool fans all of a sudden started teaching what and where problems are.

It’s all about the gap, no sign of them a few weeks ago. Just wait until they go ahead...

It’s all about the gap, no sign of them a few weeks ago. Just wait until they go ahead...

It's kind of cute though.

Even weird is Oil FC guys talking about Proper football :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Previous experience of winning trophies and managing a big transfer budget are prequisites for a potential United manager; the Moyes debacle must never be repeated. Pochettino is merely the flavour of the month and shouldn’t be let next or near the place until such time as he has actually achieved something in the game. Speaking hypothetically, and notwithstanding the fact that I’m an avid Jose Mourinho fan and believe that he’s doing a good job, if Jose did go I’d be lobbying for Carlo Ancellotti. But there is no vacancy and we have the right man for the job.

Flavour of the month. You keep saying that.
    He has progressed right from his time at espanyol, southampton and now spurs. Nearly 10 years in the managers game. He is an excellent manager

No he is not. By what metric is he an “excellent manager”? He has never won a trophy. He seems like a decent guy but he remains untested at the highest level.

It's kind of cute though.

Yeah. Especially when they come in after a good win. “Look what we did”
    It’s sort of like a cat bringing a dead bird to their owner.
    Cute and disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

limnam wrote: »
    That's not true at all.

I think the vast majority of people understand there's some issues. They just don't drone on constantly like a spoilt child so you probably don't notice them as much.

But thanks for reminding us.

I've seen this before, the spoilt thing and I take issue with it. From my lurking.... The posters who have tended to be sympathetic to an anti-Mourinho sentiment are the ones who stuck with DM and LVG the longest, hardly the actions of spoilt children.

It is in fact the opposite. Being Pro-Mourinho, is pro-Instasuccess ....that would be more akin to being spoilt if you ask me.

Lots of United fans don't like Mourinho. I for one, never will, I know this regardless of what he wins. If he was gone in the morning I would be delighted. I don't like his style and I don't like his manner or his attitude.

As for bangkok and his loyalties....I remember him being quite a partisan United fan when he first came on the scene....unless of course it was all a massive work :pac:

Yeah. Especially when they come in after a good win. “Look what we did”
    It’s sort of like a cat bringing a dead bird to their owner.
    Cute and disgusting.

Yeah agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Sensible United fans flew the plane against David Moyes and demanded Louis Van Gaal’s head because both men helped to wreck the club and were abject failures. To rail against Jose, however, is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Previous experience of winning trophies and managing a big transfer budget are prequisites for a potential United manager; the Moyes debacle must never be repeated. Pochettino is merely the flavour of the month and shouldn’t be let next or near the place until such time as he has actually achieved something in the game. Speaking hypothetically, and notwithstanding the fact that I’m an avid Jose Mourinho fan and believe that he’s doing a good job, if Jose did go I’d be lobbying for Carlo Ancellotti. But there is no vacancy and we have the right man for the job.

Flavour of the month. You keep saying that.
    He has progressed right from his time at espanyol, southampton and now spurs. Nearly 10 years in the managers game. He is an excellent manager

No he is not. By what metric is he an “excellent manager”? He has never won a trophy. He seems like a decent guy but he remains untested at the highest level.

Eh just the 2 Bundeslegas with Dortmund but sure I suppose that doesn’t count

ericzeking wrote: »
    I've seen this before, the spoilt thing and I take issue with it. From my lurking.... The posters who have tended to be sympathetic to an anti-Mourinho sentiment are the ones who stuck with DM and LVG the longest, hardly the actions of spoilt children.

It is in fact the opposite. Being Pro-Mourinho, is pro-Instasuccess ....that would be more akin to being spoilt if you ask me.

Lots of United fans don't like Mourinho. I for one, never will, I know this regardless of what he wins. If he was gone in the morning I would be delighted. I don't like his style and I don't like his manner or his attitude.

As for bangkok and his loyalties....I remember him being quite a partisan United fan when he first came on the scene....unless of course it was all a massive work :pac:

And then there are ManUtd fans like me who likes Jose and what he brings to the team, at the same time I can also see where we are lacking and the issue that has been there for so long and have no hope that Jose will or can address.

If we can't even discuss pros and cons of our coach/manager then what is even the point of this thread?

If trophies won is all that matters, I will read Wiki and honours section all day.

• Advertisement

Oh dear.

Pochettino was Dortmund manager and won 2 Leagues?? News to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A Chelsea fan tops my list! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Could'nt resist lads!

You're not wrong there. Did you know that we were the 2nd highest goalscorers in the league there for a while?

You're not wrong there. Did you know that we were the 2nd highest goalscorers in the league there for a while?

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

limnam wrote: »
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Were you speaking about me in your last post?

Anyone know what the actually story is with Bailly?

He just seems 'injured'. I've no idea what the injury is or when he is expected back - have United provided any actual information? It seems really odd.

This type of vague injury can sometimes point to something else being the actual issue.

Ive thought thus all season tbh something strange with it all imo

Ive thought thus all season tbh something strange with it all imo

Apparently he is back to the training and might be available for CL game or Chelsea game.

Apparently he is back to the training and might be available for CL game or Chelsea game.

Just seen that catching up on the thread, right off to the conspiracy forum with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Haha in your hurry to be offended you forgot to read the posts.

• Advertisement

There was nothing vague about Bailey been injured he was always going to be out until middle March.

He can't come back soon enough only problem is how long will he last we need him badly judging by recent performances.

jayo26 wrote: »
    There was nothing vague about Bailey been injured he was always going to be out until middle March.

He can't come back soon enough only problem is how long will he last we need him badly judging by recent performances.

Na it was very vague when it happened and his comeback date was been pushed back at least once.

That been said the sooner he is back the better

Na it was very vague when it happened and his comeback date was been pushed back at least once.

That been said the sooner he is back the better

I thought he just got injured again that's why it was pushed back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Username Compatibility
    Headshot x10
    headshot x7
    Headshot x5
    Headshot x4
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x3
    Headshot x2

Popp.

441780.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/love.php

For shîts and giggles

Mine:

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    jayo26 x10
    M!Ck^ x7
    Lord TSC x5
    adox x4
    Whatsisname x3
    Cookie_Dough x3
    Cantona's Collars x3
    Business Cat x3
    Stu Redman x3
    yermandan x3
    RobertKK x2

You,yermanden and jayo26 came in as my top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I guess I love no one. Fúck the lot of yiz then!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Popp.

441780.jpeg

SqPitCx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Third or fourth year in a row.... its jayo26 who's my main person and it wasn't even close

jayo26 * 10
    The_Kew_Tour * 6
    yermandan * 5
    astradave * 4
    Whatsisname * 3
    sigmundv * 3
    Adamcovic * 3
    MagicIRL * 3
    RobertKK * 2
    paulbok * 2
    Lord TSC *2

no jayop, Cantona's Collar and most surprisingly no Mars Bar or CookieDough. That surprises me an awful lot

And where the funk is that little bangkok... I'm gonna have words with him this evening when i get home...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement