Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Please Wigan, hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Please Wigan hold on to fu*k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Will Grigg is on fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

bangkok wrote: »
    How is the haircut comment funny? Pogba has a lot of power in th dressing room. If players down tools like they did at chesea under mourinho there is only one loser and thats the manager

What power does Pogba have? And if he does then even better he is taken down a peg. The manager should have the power.

GSPfan wrote: »
    What power does Pogba have? And if he does then even better he is taken down a peg. The manager should have the power.

Same power eric cantona, roy keane, ronaldo, messi have/had, players look up to him.

Just look at the video of an injured pogba in the french dressing room will tell you all you nees to know.

Anyway c'mon wigan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

Will be about 6 minutes of stoppage time in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Same power eric cantona, roy keane, ronaldo, messi have/had, players look up to him.

Just look at the video of an injured pogba in the french dressing room will tell you all you nees to know.

Anyway c'mon wigan!!

Pogba has no power in the dressing room. A Roy Keane type would grab him by the throat and throw him against a wall; based on his contribution to date, he is a charlatan and a white elephant. But he has the potential to be great; all of the raw materials are there. As for whether he becomes a United great, only time will tell.

Anyway c'mon wigan!!

Go away out of that. If any player has the power to bring a team to a halt he should be put in his place. So if you are right about his “power” then Jose is right to challenge him. If you’re wrong then it doesn’t matter what Jose says.

City and injury time, they've been doing it all season. It'll happen again.

• Advertisement

The irony of Pep moaning about dirty challenges should be shoved down his throat when he cries about losing this game over a red card.

Which was a definite red in my view. Shin high slide tackle from a player not even looking at the ball is an awful tackle.

Go away out of that. If any player has the power to bring a team to a halt he should be put in his place. So if you are right about his “power” then Jose is right to challenge him. If you’re wrong then it doesn’t matter what Jose says.

Look what happened at chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

One or two lads be pretty disappointed in here tonight I'd imagine. I guess we can safely rule city out of the champions league contention anyway since they couldn't even score against let alone beat Wigan.

Even with a play till city score ref

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that has made my season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fantastic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yup I say

• Advertisement

Delighted hahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

;)

the family and agent thing was discussed in here either last week or week before when Jose said...

He said: “I think this country produced a lot of amazing box-to-box players, I had the pleasure to coach some of them, but I think nowadays with some pundits, some agents, some family members, I think the concept of the box-to-box is changing a little bit"

L'Equipe then ran a story that Pogba was starting to regret his move working under Jose

After the newcastle game staff heard jose having a massive rant at Pogba and phil jones

the whole illness and tweet sent out for the huddersfield game as well just seemed fishy

forgot to add after the huddersfield game

"Honestly I think Scott deserves more than what he's getting," Mourinho said. "I think maybe it's because he is this kind of kid profile: a normal haircut, no tattoos, no big cars, no big watches, humble kid." Whoever could Mourinho be referring to? He can easily say it is not Pogba but he knows the connection will be made"

The box-to-box thing is very vague IMO, can't attribute that as a direct criticism of Pogba and his family.

L'Equipe could be just fabricated bullshít to stir the pot/get clicks.

Jose bollocking some poor performers out if it in the aftermath of a bad performance - Understandable.

However, I admit that those McTominay comments struck me as an indirect message to/about Pogba.

I don't actually believe that all is 100% between the Jose and Pogba. I do have faith in both of them as professionals to sort it out though, or at least rise above it. All wasn't well between Jose and other players who then went on to come back into his team and good books - Martial and Shaw for example.

Hopefully Pogba can take the criticism and the 'man management'. If his tweet before the Huddersfield game was meant as written, well then he is responding well. If his tweet was written sarcastically, then that wouldn't bode too well. I have faith in both of them making it work though.

Many manager/talent relationships in the sports and entertainment industries can be tenuous at best, but they still get the job done and make it a success. If Jose and Pogba are experiencing troubles, hopefully they can fall into this category.

Elsewhere; No quadruple, aww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

Tough to win, these real trebles...:)

No quadruple.

No true treble.

Eat shít, Guardiola.

Thank you, Wigan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'll buy a Wigan shirt if they can knock this shower out tonight.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh noes the quad is off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bloody delighted

Bring on the fancy graphs now on how much each team cost

Look what happened at chelsea

What happened?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Absolutely awesome. FA Cup just became seriously more winnable. Jose will be taking it very seriously now, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

You’ll look lovely in your wigan shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah sure Wigan is only up the road Manchester Marston ;)

Thank God I didnt Say I'd eat my hat if Wigan won.

dmc17 wrote: »
    :pac:

Shíte. That'll be my most expensive and odd all-weather top.

Who even sells Wigan shirts?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They can still win the 2nd best treble :pac:

• Advertisement

Leave it with us :)

Edit: https://www.uksoccershop.com/football-shirts/english-premier-league/west-ham/wigan

https://www.laticsstore.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Great chance now to win the FA Cup!! The only big teams left are Chelsea and Spurs if they beat Rochdale in the replay.

Let's goooo :)

State of bravo for that goal, assist to Walker for the feint to let him through?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Just noticed Wigan even tried to make city feel like they were playing at home they left the first 10 rows of seats empty in the main stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We love you Wigan we do

City fans showing class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

City fans now throwing the signs from around the pitch at the police.

Classy bunch

Sorry I meant passionate

Ahh lads look at the city fans throwing stuff at the police not for the first time either.

So true what they say you can't buy class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Aguero also lashing out at a fan

Aguero lashing out at spectators. Class all round

Mirror image of their manager really, fans and players.

I would assume aguero will be banned for that? My **** he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

City will probably send another letter to the refs about awful tackles on their players

oh wait.........

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Aguero lashing out at spectators. Class all round

Jaysus, I'm not watching. What happened?

Pep crying, City fans ripping out seats at a league one ground & Aguero fighting some kids on the pitch, City don’t take losing well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/965690588514410498

Touch of class from Pep, he just wants to hug him. Jose to get a 5 match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Ah lads the city fans are only kicking off cause the Wigan PA pumped out Wonderwall on final whistle to wind them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pep crying, City fans ripping out seats at a league one ground & Aguero fighting some kids on the pitch, City don’t take losing well :)

Are you ok tho? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Will Aguero get an 8 month ban?? He won't even get a 1 match ban and Shearer straight in to defend him..... " oh you don't know what he said to Aguero " Pr1ck. If it was a united player he would be screaming for a ban.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement