Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shíte. That'll be my most expensive and odd all-weather top.

Who even sells Wigan shirts?!

Ebay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jaysus, I'm not watching. What happened?

Nothing, and no one will ever talk about it. Now if it was a United player reacting to an abusive fan in a violent way then I’m sure he’d be banned for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ElChe32 wrote: »

Should have let aguero at him. Id say he wasnt wishing him well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Imagine if Pogba did what Aguero just did. There would be outrage and we wouldn't hear the end of it for weeks.

City without Aguero in their final this weekend would be a major boost for Arsenal. If this is their reaction now, imagine if they lose on Sunday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Imagine if Pogba did what Aguero just did. There would be outrage and we wouldn't hear the end of it for weeks.

City without Aguero in their final this weekend would be a major boost for Arsenal. If this is their reaction now, imagine if they lose on Sunday :p

TBF some would just blame Jose for Pogba's actions :P

Its always somehow Joses fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

No doubt Pep will say its Wigans fault the fans were on the pitch and no one was protecting the players.

Cue Wigan being thrown out of the Cup and City getting put through by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

No Aguero. No proper left back. Bravo in goal.

My concern is how rubbish Arsenal's backline have been - and their midfield. If Jesus is fit again then the Aguero loss is pretty much reversed. (City are better with Jesus playing between the lines imo).

Regardless, Arsenal have more than a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Ninthlife wrote: »
    No doubt Pep will say its Wigans fault the fans were on the pitch and no one was protecting the players.

I think this is a valid point - the fans had no business being on the pitch.

As for Aguero 'lashing out at fans' it looked more like a push than a punch. His reaction isn't surprising considering he has a Wigan fan in his face taunting him I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sh. That'll be my most expensive and odd all-weather top.

Who even sells Wigan shirts?!

DW Sports.

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    I think this is a valid point - the fans had no business being on the pitch.

As for Aguero 'lashing out at fans' it looked more like a push than a punch. His reaction isn't surprising considering he has a Wigan fan in his face taunting him I presume.

GTFO. Even a fan walking up and laughing in his face doesn’t justify a criminal act of assault. He hammer fists him or at least forearm slaps him in the side of the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Did pepsi give an interview or still hasn't calmed down yet :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

GSPfan wrote: »
    GTFO. Even a fan walking up and laughing in his face doesn’t justify a criminal act of assault. He hammer fists him or at least forearm slaps him in the side of the face.

Any chance you right for a tabloid with that level of exaggeration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just seen that we are only 4 points better off this season in comparison to where we were at this stage last year. Thought we were doing much better than that points - wise.

Although it would take an abysmal run of results for us to finish with less points given we only won 4 of our final 11 games last year.

We should really be finishing with an improvement of at least 10 points which isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Considering I have seen players get bans for swearing on camera you would think assault might carry a ban, not a cantona ban but a ban none the less. It wont though.

It's been a good night though overall.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Did pepsi give an interview or still hasn't calmed down yet :pac:

He did on bein sport he denied having any issues at half time and said fair play to Wigan they deserved the win.

Anything he was asked opinionwise he avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

irishman86 wrote: »

The fan could have been killed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

GTFO. Did you not applaud Cantona when he kicked the toerag?

Same rules apply even if your ridiculous exaggeration had happened

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Considering I have seen players get bans for swearing on camera you would think assault might carry a ban, not a cantona ban but a ban none the less. It wont though.

It's been a good night though overall.
    haha a "good night" absolute state of yoonited fans, you are 16pts behind in the only domestic cup that matters

• Advertisement

Write.

haha a "good night" absolute state of yoonited fans, you are 16pts behind in the only domestic cup that matters

I don't even know where to start with this to be honest.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

No need for lemons lads. Back to your own thread. Sure you's didn't want to win it anyway.

GTFO. Did you not applaud Cantona when he kicked the toerag?

Same rules apply even if your ridiculous exaggeration had happened

I applauded it and was only delighted with his punishment. I hope they go slightly easier on Augero as I like him. Half the punishment Cantona got would be appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Assault?? Ahh here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Join the soccer forum less than two weeks ago and only post to have a crack off united fans.

Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Hmm. Didn't realise it was possible for us to make up ground in the league tonight.

While yeah, our biggest rivals got knocked out of the only competition being played tonight.

So yeah. A good night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Cringe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Who in the ****e are you?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

I applauded it and was only delighted with his punishment. I hope they go slightly easier on Augero as I like him. Half the punishment Cantona got would be appropriate.
    Entering a football pitch is a criminal offence and seen as the policing and stewarding was non existent, he had every right to defend himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'll buy a Wigan shirt if they can knock this shower out tonight.

Better buy that shirt sir...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just noticed Wigan even tried to make city feel like they were playing at home they left the first 10 rows of seats empty in the main stand.

Was that not the city bench?

Entering a football pitch is a criminal offence and seen as the policing and stewarding was non existent, he had every right to defend himself

Hahahahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Defend himself from what? Do you know what happened?
    Is chasing after someone after an incident defending yourself too?

MOD:

Don't post in this thread again.
    (For at least 48 hours)

bangkok wrote: »
    Assault?? Ahh here

Quiet you. Answer my question from earlier or keep it buttoned.

Write.

Well done

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thank God I didnt Say I'd eat my hat if Wigan won.

Eat a hat anyways ye miserable git....
    still waiting in the one from January too...

No he didn’t as the act of entering a pitch is seen as trespassing and not violent assault so you cannot assault someone just because they tresspass.

Also, this is the second time this season Aguero has got physical with a fan on a pitch. Last time he was getting aggressive with a copper. Think it was at Palace?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cheers Linman, I needed a laugh. Perfect picture :P

• Advertisement

Well done

My editor insists on spell checks.

Quiet you. Answer my question from earlier or keep it buttoned.

Listen here mate, leave the son alone or you’ll have me to deal with... :rolleyes:

He is currently finishing his homework, italian tonight isn’t it son... ciao Bello eh....

We’re all happy tonight so don’t be ruIn it on us all

My editor insists on spell checks.

If only he did quality checks :pac:

Its weird that I can’t distinguish bangkok from the sour City fans who ran in here to defend their heroes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

As a Sligo Rovers fan who had the privilege of having Paul Cooke take us to two league titles I'm absolutely delighted for the man.

A total gent and a great interview after

Its weird that I can’t distinguish bangkok from the sour City fans who ran in here to defend their heroes.

Please desist from the personal insinuations about other posters.

If only he did quality checks :pac:

I get paid for sensationalism. How about these headlines....

“Most expensive squad ever assembled, beaten by League 1 team.”

“Star striker strikes jubilant fan.”

“Pep’s campaign to protect players from bad tackles is successful.”

Turtwig wrote: »
    Please desist from the personal insinuations about other posters.

I’ll take that one.

Just delighted to have something fun to talk about instead of Lukaku’s terrible two goal performance and Jose’s blood feud with Pogba.

Got carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I get paid for sensationalism. How about these headlines....

“Most expensive squad ever assembled, beaten by League 1 team.”

“Star striker strikes jubilant fan.”

“Pep’s campaign to protect players from bad tackles is successful.”

“City slickers tear Wigan’s stadium up but still go home empty handed”.

Or

“Wigan fan runs into Aguero elbow”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Forget the whole, media protects pep/city, can aguero be done or will it be brushed a side?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement