Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surely City will appeal that result on the grounds of doing football an injustice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I thought talking about City was frowned upon in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    Quiet you. Answer my question from earlier or keep it buttoned.

Which question?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Didn't think Wigan can pull that off, so waking up and checking the score, it's a good surprise.

Hopefully Arsenal wins the league cup final.

lol,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Drumpot wrote: »
    “City slickers tear Wigan’s stadium up but still go home empty handed”.

Or

“Wigan fan runs into Aguero elbow”

I like it. :)

“Delph see’s red as blues fail to out score Wigan warriors,”

“Pep in Wigans step.”

“City to buy Will Grigg as “finances are tight”, says Pep.”

bangkok wrote: »
    Which question?

What happened at Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sees. Seeing as we're correcting spelling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

“Delph Shattered as Pep’s Flops Wash-Up”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Good man

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Sees. Seeing as we're correcting spelling :pac:

I actually changed that from sees to see’s and all. Shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I actually changed that from sees to see’s and all. Shíte.

'Sees' doesn't look right, but it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

"money's too tight to mention", according to United fan mick hucknall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

“Pep in Wigans step.”

“Delph sent to the shelf as Wigan’s Will prevails”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Fun fact. Will Griggs has scored more goals against the Premier Leagues top 6 this year than Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mood:

The grammar Nazi stuff of the past pages is a little grating.
    The next preosn to crroect splling wil fnid teihr psot dleted nad it mya eslctae to crad.

JoshRosen wrote: »
    Fun fact. Will Griggs has scored more goals against the Premier Leagues top 6 this year than Lukaku.

Fun fact, Aguero has hit more rival fans then Lukaku this year.

“City to spend big in Summer market to compete with best teams in League 1.”

“Aguero confirms that Wigan fans insults didn’t hurt his feelings, but his face hurt his arm.”

Drumpot wrote: »
    Fun fact, Aguero has hit more rival fans then Lukaku this year.

Can you clarify if you mean with a fist or a ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Delph on the shelf for the next 3 games.

• Advertisement

Well this is surely one the daftest stats banter posts......lets see....oh!!

Sean Maguire has scored more LOI goals in his career than Aguero. Fun Fact.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Mood:

The grammar Nazi stuff of the past pages is a little grating.
    The next preosn to crroect splling wil fnid teihr psot dleted nad it mya eslctae to crad.

The capitalisation of the word nazi is killing me. Must not google to see if correct!

Fun Fact: ManCity lost to league 1 side more than other top 6 sides this season.

Tbh this would have more fierce derby competing at equal level if not for owners.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fun Fact: ManCity lost to league 1 side more than other top 6 sides this season.

Tbh this would have more fierce derby competing at equal level if not for owners.

Fun Fact: there would would be no Man United without Man City bailing them out of bankruptcy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's nice to see Pep's halo slip and his nose get bloodied a little. He made a tit of himself in the tunnel tonight, he clearly felt the quadruple was on the cards from the looks of things.

Rival fans, notably City fans loved seeing us lose under Fergie, sadly City will most likely go on a run now, not that they've been struggling thus far.

We can enjoy this before we potentially slip up ourselves on a larger stage this week, City losing to Wigan will be forgotten about rather quickly if we don't do the business against Sevilla.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Fun fact: Nobody gives a f*ck about your “fun” facts.

Ah lets not get too serious about tonight. City are a great team who will win the league and probably smash us when we next play them but they just lost to Wigan and lost the plot in one night. I’m enjoying it for what it is, a chance to laugh at a better team than yours when they slip up. Basically what every Liverpool fan does to us for the last 25 years.

Sevilla have been really inconsistent this season. Only concern I'd have for united is they are a lot better against two man midfields. Jose will surely have spotted that and compensated for it. They really struggle against the press. Real and Eibar utterly dismantled them with it.

Except for those who reply. Salty aren’t you. Why? It’s the best night of Manchester United’s season so far.

• Advertisement

I think "fun" must have a different meaning nowadays :(

Easy there tiger.
    Except for those who reply. Salty aren’t you. Why? It’s the best night of Manchester United’s season so far.
    Don't post in this thread again.
    (For at least 48 hours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Edit:

Pep good, Jose bad yada yada yada..

There’s your headline

Fun Fact: there would would be no Man United without Man City bailing them out of bankruptcy

Why were ManCity called as James Gibson back in 1930s?

astradave wrote: »
    What’s with all these new forum members coming straight to this thread these days.. they seem to be city fans tonight..

Going by the rules as they have been explained tonight you are perfectly entitled to smack every one of them with no repercussions as they aren’t technically supposed to be here.

Ah lets not get too serious about tonight. City are a great team who will win the league and probably smash us when we next play them but they just lost to Wigan and lost the plot in one night. I’m enjoying it for what it is, a chance to laugh at a better team than yours when they slip up. Basically what every Liverpool fan does to us for the last 25 years.

I’d say any fan of any team still in FA cup would of enjoyed tonight. It’s not just their blip (they will prob thump arsenal in cup) ,it’s the manner they lost and took defeat.

Seriously if united players surrounded ref like cities after Delphs red, manager had a row at HT, a player had an incident with a rival fan and united fans tore up parts of a stadium, do you think it would get more or less negative coverage? Rememeber the outcry when Keane and the team harangued a ref about a peno?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If it was United/Mourinho instead of City/Pep it would of course be a lot more negative from the press.

They would bellow about how toxic the club is right now, the nasty undercurrent, sore losers, no class, how the tone is set from the manager, how he is a poisonous individual and he is spreading throughout the club. The reaction of the players, the behaviour of the fans is all feeding off that constant negative energy propagated by the manager. His demeanour will be questioned, his thuggish behaviour attempting to intimidate the opposition manager and the officials and much much more.

Of course though, Pep = all that is good with football so you won't hear that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Going by the rules as they have been explained tonight you are perfectly entitled to smack every one of them with no repercussions as they aren’t technically supposed to be here.

?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

?

If you aren’t meant to be somewhere then it’s ok to assault someone. As in a fan on a pitch.

De Vrij is leaving Lazio on free transfer this summer, Lazio sporting director confirmed.

We should sign him, very good ball playing CB and we missed the trick not signing him after 2014 world cup for just 10 million. Now it would be even better deal on a free transfer.

Btw, we should sign him if we offload any CB only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Love it M!Ck^

Lets just hope we've not set ourselves up for a massive fall.

I'd really love to see us tear into Sevilla tomorrow night and score a couple of early goals and get this tie in the bag before Old Trafford.

I'm hoping that Alexis will really turn it on tomorrow and show what he can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

A player revolt led by eden hazard ending in the sacking of mourinho

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

With even more sinister undertones that completely exonerate Jose. All that gets told is the narrative around his bizarre comments regarding the doctor.

With even more sinister undertones that completely exonerate Jose. All that gets told is the narrative around his bizarre comments regarding the doctor.

And they're at it again this season.. That Chelsea squad should be a lot closer to United and Citeh. They've gotten away with a lot in recent years in terms of spending and under performing as the Manchester clubs have been more active in the transfer markets and garner more headlines with Jose and Pep in charge. I'd be extremely disappointed by Chelsea if i was a supporter given the last five years or so. Two titles and not raised a gallop the season after winning and effectively gotten the manager the door both times. As much as the manager must accept their share of the blame the players have been massively at fault.

So going back to the original point.... you think Jose needs to mind what he says incase Pogba does the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

brinty wrote: »
    And they're at it again this season.. That Chelsea squad should be a lot closer to United and Citeh. They've gotten away with a lot in recent years in terms of spending and under performing as the Manchester clubs have been more active in the transfer markets and garner more headlines with Jose and Pep in charge. I'd be extremely disappointed by Chelsea if i was a supporter given the last five years or so. Two titles and not raised a gallop the season after winning and effectively gotten the manager the door both times. As much as the manager must accept their share of the blame the players have been massively at fault.

They are having a very similar season to utd 3 points behind in the league. At the same stage in the CL and Fa cup and went a round further than utd in the caraboa cup.

They are having a very similar season to utd 3 points behind in the league. At the same stage in the CL and Fa cup and went a round further than utd in the caraboa cup.

That shouldn't be a measure of success.
    19 points behind in the league as defending league champions is not acceptable.

Look at the performance of the last 5 league champions the season after they won the league. Look at how many managers survived past 2 seasons after winning it. Even Ranieri couldn’t last a season.

I think the drive and character the modern footballer is just not what it was in the past. Players, particularly top players (Hazard?!!) , can just turn up whenever they want and since there is a limited amount of these players with plenty of options for them , they get away with it. Also, press and fansg give players a pass Everytime. Like beaten housewife’s they are afraid that the top players will leave them so they take whatever disrespectful behavior the players get up to.

There is also the weird thing where some fans would support some players over managers. It also seems to be an accepted norm now that sacking a manager is the goto strategy if things aren’t working out.

I miss the Fergie machine where literally anybody could be discarded if they didn’t follow his orders. IF Jose asked Pogba to play in a more defensive position and IF Pogba isn’t giving it his all (cause he wants to play further forward)and at least trying , I would like to see him dropped. He’s not at the club so we can make him look good. A player who has respect for the club they play for and an in built drive will want to try their best no matter where they are played. I still find his temparement questionable and hope he grows up out of the perceived petulance. If it ended up as a choice between a player that can play impressive, is inconsistent or a manager who has a proven track record in success, I know who I would be supporting. But the gas thing is that , like before, players can influence the decision of the hierarchy, which is quite sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So going back to the original point.... you think Jose needs to mind what he says incase Pogba does the same?

I can imagine the Glazer's reaction when Pogba or any other player asks for a dinner date to discuss Jose.

Discodog wrote: »
    I can imagine the Glazer's reaction when Pogba or any other player asks for a dinner date to discuss Jose.

It would have to be a skype date anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement