Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It’s actually ridiculous carry on, you wouldn’t see it in pre school!

In a couple of seasons they can remix that old England world cup song, "football's coming home". "30 years of hurt, Premier League still gleaming".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It’s actually ridiculous carry on, you wouldn’t see it in pre school!

Did someone complain and more importantly did a mod actually take that complaint seriously and action on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Cmod Gav changed it anyways so we might as well leave it as that instead of getting cards for discussing it

In a couple of seasons they can remix that old England world cup song, "football's coming home". "30 years of hurt, Premier League still gleaming".

That song is a guilty pleasure of mine.. it’s deadly

astradave wrote: »
    Cmod Gav changed it anyways so we might as well leave it as that instead of getting cards for discussing it

Fecking Chavs.

It's a microcosm of everything that's wrong with this forum if some little butthurt prick was able to get a thread title that they don't post in changed because it offended their sensibilities. Pathetic if that's what happened.

Edit your post Jayop, don’t want to see you banned

Jayop wrote: »
    It's a microcosm of everything that's wrong with this forum if some little butthurt prick was able to get a thread title that they don't post in changed because it offended their sensibilities. Pathetic if that's what happened.

What about the legendary "Scouse sense of humour"? ;)

It seems that only exists if they are laughing at somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wouldnt mind but they could have their own fun for instance in 2118 I'd say they will still be able call their thread 18times...

Again ha.

• Advertisement

Great character was shown in taking the decision to change the thread title.

Or maybe it was the wind.......

Nah. Again like the thread title, if that's what it's come to around here for what offends people and warrants bans then so be it.

Playing up to these serial post reporters is the biggest problem. I posted on another forum where if you were judged to be frivolously reporting posts you yourself were in trouble. Great system that should be implemented here to stop this nonsense by one set of fans.

• I see Castles spoofing this morning saying that we are looking to sign a CM by tomorrow :P

Nah. Again like the thread title, if that's what it's come to around here for what offends people and warrants bans then so be it.

Playing up to these serial post reporters is the biggest problem. I posted on another forum where if you were judged to be frivolously reporting posts you yourself were in trouble. Great system that should be implemented here to stop this nonsense by one set of fans.

What's the saying.

"If everyone around you are assholes then maybe you should look in the mirror". There's a few on this forum that could use that advice before crying to mods at every perceived slight.

I could say something else but I'd definitely be banned.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I see Castles spoofing this morning saying that we are looking to sign a CM by tomorrow :P

Please be Fred,just to piss in Peps cornflakes again.

Why is fred considered the holygrail if midfielders all of a sudden? He been mentioned this months constantly.

I'd be hoping for a milinkovic savic type player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I doubt pep gives a sh1t to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This was from the feedback thread a few months ago.

FYI, I updated all the teams superthreads that had 2017 in them to 2018 this morning, for the first 3 pages anyway, which is why Man Utd ended up being called Newcastle for a few minutes, it was the first thread under Man Utd at the team so I copied it and forgot to change it. :o
    Now it looks like Rooney is going us united fans will have to find something else to argue with each other about.

Oh, a proper suggestion here too. Would it be possible to have more original thread titles than the ones we've had? Let the people who post in the threads decide on the next one each time? We could have some fun with it.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    The superthreads?

Would that not be pointless, it could also lead to the more casual users shuffling around the forum looking for their teams thread if one is called the De Gea appreciation society 2017/18, for example, and they could miss it, if theyre not subscribed to the thread..
    Zaph wrote: »
    There is a maximum character limit for thread titles, I can't remember exactly what it is, but the need to have the first part of the title like you have above would eat into it and in some cases seriously reduce the number of characters available for something witty.

Honestly Gav that's a bit sad. This thread is always on page one. It was still called the man utd superthread so I doubt people couldn't figure out what it was about.

Lists and lists of cookie cutter thread titles is so boring and the bit of fun could be had with it.

• Advertisement

FYI, I updated all the teams superthreads that had 2017 in them to 2018 this morning, for the first 3 pages anyway, which is why Man Utd ended up being called Newcastle for a few minutes, it was the first thread under Man Utd at the team so I copied it and forgot to change it. :o

At least put the hyphen in it :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, in fairness Gav, then how come it wasn't an issue with the last thread? I'm all for the mods saying "We don't want colorful thread titles", but the fact the "Last Chapter of 17" lasted for an entire thread, while "Twenty - Eighteen" got shut down quickly makes it pretty obvious its not really a technical issue but because it was a "banter" title this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, in fairness Gav, then how come it wasn't an issue with the last thread? I'm all for the mods saying "We don't want colorful thread titles", but the fact the "Last Chapter of 17" lasted for an entire thread, while "Twenty - Eighteen" got shut down quickly makes it pretty obvious its not really a technical issue but because it was a "banter" title this time....

Lord TSC >>>>> Mod Lord TSC

He's one of us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

He's one of us now.

giphy.gif

• Lord TSC wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I'm sure if the title was the 181 New United Bus thread, nothing would be done about it.

• giphy.gif

Too much coffee this morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wait so this hasn't been the Newcastle thread the whole time?

I just don't see how anyone can have a confusion over Manchester United twenty eighteen it's not like it takes rocket science to figure out what it's about.

As tsc said the last thread lasted 10000 posts without one confusion of what the thread would be about.

And the neutral floating posters didn't have any problems finding the United thread after we had 3 draws over Christmas time they were like heath seeking misiles on the place.

It screams of people getting offended if a thread tittle and that's bulsh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

In fairness he's right, we got a manky title initially and then this.

• Advertisement

He's one of us now.

He didn't change his name to "jayo tsc" did he????

jayo26 wrote: »

That. Would. Be. Awesome.

I'd give him the fiver

He needs a decent name,

Like Dave :D

Tbh this forum is starting to feel more and more unwelcoming when you look at the inconsistencies. Btw I'm all for carding any of us who act the bollix but it has to be fair and apply to others as well.

The crap with the non superthread compared to seeing guys pop in here for blatant trolling, rarely see them carded.

He needs a decent name,

With a **** car like an astra :)

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Wait so this hasn't been the Newcastle thread the whole time?

Should have changed it to the City thread,their minds would explode seeing so many posters.

I upgraded last year to a 171 ;) I’m no longer Astradave, can’t afford the fiver to change(well couldn’t give a toss) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote: »

omg_funny_dog.jpg

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Lord TSC >>>>> Mod Lord TSC

He's changed since he was de-modded...

I welcome this change

He's one of us now.

One of us, one of us....

JayoBrinty.... ehhhhh no........

You could be right
    He needs a decent name,

DaveBrinty.... hmmmm nope not right either

I drive an XTrail....
    I upgraded last year to a 171 ;) I’m no longer Astradave, can’t afford the fiver to change(well couldn’t give a toss) :D

XTrailBrinty.... nope.... that doesn't work either.....

Feck it now I wanna change my name to AnnaRachelScarlettHayleyJennifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah if that thread title is classified as trolling and against the charter then the forum is on a bit of a knife edge in terms of allowing anything even mildly offensive to be reported. Once something like that becomes par for the course it will be very difficult to then reverse while still being able to moderate content.

Unrelated but still in the realms of moderation; I thought we agreed a few windows ago to get rid of the kate upton gifs/"we are not signing...." etc. ****e after a particularly bad couple of weeks of it? Future Guy was exempt from the ban of it because he was the first but the rest is just annoying crap. I mean they got older faster than the "Sanchez has now cost us nintey bajillion $$" jokes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

brinty wrote: »
    One of us, one of us....

JayoBrinty.... ehhhhh no........

You could be right

DaveBrinty.... hmmmm nope not right either

I drive an XTrail....

XTrailBrinty.... nope.... that doesn't work either.....

Feck it now I wanna change my name to AnnaRachelScarlettHayleyJennifer

You left out Cookie and Mars. They won’t be best pleased

You left out Cookie and Mars. They won’t be best pleased

Sorry Cookie and Mars... and don't forget FutureGirl

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah if that thread title is classified as trolling and against the charter then the forum is on a bit of a knife edge in terms of allowing anything even mildly offensive to be reported. Once something like that becomes par for the course it will be very difficult to then reverse while still being able to moderate content.

Unrelated but still in the realms of moderation; I thought we agreed a few windows ago to get rid of the kate upton gifs/"we are not signing...." etc. ****e after a particularly bad couple of weeks of it? Future Guy was exempt from the ban of it because he was the first but the rest is just annoying crap. I mean they got older faster than the "Sanchez has now cost us nintey bajillion $$" jokes :o

Nope we didn't agree to any of that :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well at least all threads got treated the same this time.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well at least all threads got treated the same this time.

Well they had to do all threads it look even worse if it was just United thread done.

Amazing it took a month to decide to do that actually, but of a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

More articles from your Phil Jones rep within the thread.

United have not lost when he has played a full game. They have also kept 13 clean sheets, compared to conceding goals in four of the five games he did not start.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/3359898/phil-jones-enjoys-fitness-and-form-to-establish-himself-in-manchester-united-defence
    "Phil is a fighter, who knows his weaknesses but covers them," said Patrice Evra, who caught up with his former teammate when United had a warm-weather training camp in Dubai earlier this month. "He's a sweet guy, always laughing and happy. I've never seen him angry."

Has Mars bar got a big brother? There's a poster on boards called king-size mars bar. :)

• Advertisement

Luckhurst repeating what Castles says about United going for a midfielder if who they want becomes available by the close of the window.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement