Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still sick or is it time to start smashing skulls and feast on the goo inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I will be interested to see how this pans out. If its Pogba throwing the toys out of the pram, then I support Jose completely.

A good performance and result for United will hopefully show that the dressingroom is behind the manager. A defeat and bad performance will not be good going into the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

So who goes in the Summer, Pogba or Mourinho? :pac:

So who goes in the Summer, Pogba or Mourinho? :pac:

Sell Pogba to Madrid, they are all for players dictating team selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Drumpot wrote: »
    Sell Pogba to Madrid, they are all for players dictating team selections.

How do you know he is dictating?

bangkok wrote: »
    How do you know he is dictating?

I know he’s been asked to play a specific role. I know for two games in a row he was subbed off because he was underperforming in this role. I know he had a mystery illness the morning of the next game. I know that he was fit to play yesterday and that there was little to suggest he would not play. I know that he is considered one of the best players at the club.

So the question is, what’s most likely? That he’s having mystery illness and some other stuff that the club doesn’t want to clarify. Or his relationship with the manager is not good. A top coach does not drop a fit quality player.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The match thread already fs :P

Different names from the first few posts of the weekend's match thread, but still the same ol' shít from the same fanbase.

Pogba...

If he's out tonight again, I hope we can discuss it openly without all-out war erupting between holders of differing opinions.

If he and the manager are currently at odds, it's not ideal but I would have faith in both of them as professionals to sort it out sooner rather than later.

That's not blind faith either. Jose has come through 'spats' with players who have gone on to perform well in his United team, Martial and Shaw being two who instantly come to mind.

Whatever the reason is, there's a few journos now saying that Pogba is out of the line-up tonight, Simon Stone the latest to go with it. We'll know for sure soon enough anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The main perk of not being a mod anymore is not having to go near the match threads.

Doc, Afaik, the last feedback thread basically removed he whole "match talk in match threads only" thing.

I didn't know that - I thought that you were being a good Mod & allowing it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Confirmation that all isn't right between Jose and Pogba will be bad news regardless of who you think is right/wrong.

And a fit Pogba sitting on the bench will be confirmation.

No more burying of heads in sand reluctant to read between the lines and acknowledge there's something up.

Let's hope it's all bullsh*t but I doubt it is unfortunately.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Confirmation that all isn't right between Jose and Pogba will be bad news regardless of who you think is right/wrong.

And a fit Pogba sitting on the bench will be confirmation.

No more burying of heads in sand reluctant to read between the lines and acknowledge there's something up.

Let's hope it's all bullsh*t but I doubt it is unfortunately.

It was clear when pogba was "sick" there was something seriously up and anyone who didnt think so had their head stuck in the sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I see it as pogba's form hasn't been great lately which ia why he's not starting, happens all the time with players getting dropped to the bench.

Last week was a nothing game against huddersfield and we had the players to play it with squad rotation.

Tonight i reckon jose wants a solid defensive unit and bring the gane back to OT. Big game on the weekend as well to, Herrera and Mctominey getting a good game in during the week before the weekend where hopefully one will slot in to a mid 3 with matic and pogba.

Media really pushing this feud going on even after the presser last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DWlE00uW0AE3Jr1?format=jpg

Starting XI vs Sevilla: de Gea; Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young; Mctominay, Matic, Herrera; Mata, Lukaku, Alexis

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/966379553345155075

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Takes pogba out of the team and sets it up how pogba should of been playing all along strange to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

jayo26 wrote: »
    Takes pogba out of the team and sets it up how pogba should of been playing all along strange to be honest.

Setting up with those 3 in the center is nothing like setting up with a 3 including pogba IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thats a joke if true.

That's a jump really more than a joke.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

On form & availability probably our best team. Maybe Rashford for Mata argubally.

Shaw injured if Darmian made bench?

pjohnson wrote: »
    DWlE00uW0AE3Jr1?format=jpg

Take out sanchez and that team is bang average. A bad result tonight and this place will go into meltdown

Knew mata would get the start :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Setting up with those 3 in the center is nothing like setting up with a 3 including pogba IMO.

No, its worse

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I see it as pogba's form hasn't been great lately which ia why he's not starting, happens all the time with players getting dropped to the bench.

I imagine this is closer to the truth than any daily mail/sun headline

Take out sanchez and that team is bang average. A bad result tonight and this place will go into meltdown

Oh so now DeGea is average? Think the meltdowns already started.

No, its worse

It's different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

And a good result and certain posters won't be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A wet dream for Dunphy on RTE tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Oh so now DeGea is average? Think the meltdowns already started.

You're a parody of yourself with this post. Clearly looking for an argument for the sake of it. Give the bangkok bashing a rest for a bit.

Happy enough with the team and a good strong bench then too with plenty of pace to get at them if they fatigue.

Only change I'd have made would be Shaw for young really but its not unexpected.

Great to be back in the knockout stages of the CL tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The worst team united have put out this season. Defense and midfield are (upper) mid table PL standard.

At least the front 3 are all probably good enough to pull them through.

• Advertisement

You're a parody of yourself with this post. Clearly looking for an argument for the sake of it. Give the bangkok bashing a rest for a bit.

Righto. Everyone is average so.

Even Mata??? I thought he loved Mata

Liam O wrote: »
    The worst team united have put out this season. Defense and midfield are (upper) mid table PL standard.

At least the front 3 are all probably good enough to pull them through.

Looks pretty damn solid to me.

Not Augero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Looks pretty damn solid to me.

I'm confused. You say solid but I see Herrera, Smalling and Valencia. The exact opposite of solid.

I'm confused. You say solid but I see Herrera, Smalling and Valencia. The exact opposite of solid.

Aye that confusion can be a tricky one alright.

worst players ever.

You're right.

Looks shiote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Forgot Carrick was available, I'd have a midfild of himself pogba and matic in that case
    Happy enough with the team and a good strong bench then too with plenty of pace to get at them if they fatigue.

Only change I'd have made would be Shaw for young really but its not unexpected.

comical-ali

imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCfmg_PxW8AAHaNn.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjohndunlop9&docid=PdqZIsfz83GReM&tbnid=A98qY7_aX_HIlM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwignZTu1rfZAhVI6mMKHWE6B04QMwgrKAMwAw..i&w=600&h=447&itg=1&safe=off&bih=590&biw=1280&q=iraqi%20minister%20of%20information&ved=0ahUKEwignZTu1rfZAhVI6mMKHWE6B04QMwgrKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Even Mata??? I thought he loved Mata

Stop bashing him :pac:

Things change!

I would have liked Shaw aswell over Young but I havto think he is injured. Can't see Darmian picked ahead of Shaw to be sub fullback!

• Advertisement

Come on Ander mom performance. Skwan united

Stop bashing him :pac:

Things change!

I would have liked Shaw aswell over Young but I havto think he is injured. Can't see Darmian picked ahead of Shaw to be sub fullback!

Young has been far better than any performance shaw has put in.

Granted shaw has done little wrong, he just hasn't been great.

Young has put in some great shifts.

Young has been far better than any performance shaw has put in.

Granted shaw has done little wrong, he just hasn't been great.

Young has put in some great shifts.

True aswell I guess. Funny in a way how we've gone from struggling at the LB position to having two who have been pretty reliable and both deserve the slot!

I'd say it's a balanced team as opposed to a solid team. Jose clearly feels the approach he took for the Spurs game is not viable and he's going back to basics.

Hopefully he'll pull out a result.

It's a real shame to see that between Pogba and Martial there is £150 million of talent sitting on the bench but let's hope he somehow figures out how to get the best of both worlds as the season continues to progress.

Sorry Oswald, in an ideal world obviously I'd have pogba in there. I am happy enough with the team as I said and I am ok with pogba either being not fit enough to start or having a kick in the ass for his underperformances. Hopeful he gets a few minutes to earn his spot back.

Hasnt been said yet but Martial dropped as well. Digusted with that team to be honest

• Advertisement

No one seems to care than lingards relationship with Jose is in the pan.

Hasnt been said yet but Martial dropped as well. Digusted with that team to be honest

Jose obviously punishing him for joking with pogba

Are people not excited... I'm excited......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Liam O wrote:

Valencia has been the epitomy of solid for the last few years.

Might not be a world beater, but he's consistent imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Id take Pogba being on the bench as a sign that he is being rested ahead of a big game on Sunday.

He will prolly get half an hour or so tonight.

Even without him we should have more than enough to beat Sevilla.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement