Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Id take Pogba being on the bench as a sign that he is being rested ahead of a big game on Sunday.

He will prolly get half an hour or so tonight.

Even without him we should have more than enough to beat Sevilla.

Not sure if serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sevilla will be tough in Spain but I agree the plan is to give pogba a few minutes of a tune up ahead of the game on Sunday. He is going to be needed Chelsea and no sense in starting him if he isn't 100% from his illness/injury

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Id take Pogba being on the bench as a sign that he is being rested ahead of a big game on Sunday.

Ah will ya stop!! Rested for sunday? Its wednesday night Champions league game and he hasnt played in over a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We have a massive game on the weekend. I’m delighted with the team and having Martial and Pogba to come on if needed could get us an away goal or two.

As Limnan said though I’m worried Lingard and Jose have fallen out. Worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Not sure if serious?

Some people just can’t face the truth, Pogba is finished under Jose make no doubt. Question is who will last longer ?

Sevilla will be tough in Spain but I agree the plan is to give pogba a few minutes of a tune up ahead of the game on Sunday. He is going to be needed Chelsea

Get the head out of the sand lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Valencia has been the epitomy of solid for the last few years.

Might not be a world beater, but he's consistent imo.

Consistently dodgy in defense. Also at not finding his man with a cross. I guess there's no players in the world who could be better at one or both of those and still be fit enough to get up and down the wing. Which he is very good at.

Some people just can’t face the truth, Pogba is finished under Jose make no doubt. Question is who will last longer ?

Absolutely hopefully we manage to make back 15million or so from him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Pogba has been muck and subsequently been dropped.

Lingard is far more deserving of a starting spot based on form over the past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Liam O wrote: »
    Consistently dodgy in defense. Also at not finding his man with a cross. I guess there's no players in the world who could be better at one or both of those and still be fit enough to get up and down the wing. Which he is very good at.

How many goals have united conceded due to Valencia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Very little faith in that team and no excitement. Pogba benched while we play a three man midfield and Shaw not even in the squad.

So disappointing.

Imo there are 5 players on the bench/not in squad that are better than players in our current starting 11.

Pogba
    Martial
    Bailly (although a long injury so can understand it)
    Shaw
    Lingard/Rashford

Although in saying that, it was nights like these when fergie played players you didnt expect to play we went on to win the game... so heres hoping

beno619 wrote: »

Lingard is far more deserving of a starting spot based on form over the past few months.

Lingard is clearly on his way out though, relationship with mourinho is obviously in tatters.

Himself and martial will be out before next season, pogba too.

Fact

Herrera starting? Crap all season, pogba has had what a couple of bad games?? Its a joke

bangkok wrote: »
    Imo there are 5 players on the bench/not in squad that are better than players in our current starting 11.

Pogba
    Martial
    Bailly (although a long injury so can understand it)
    Shaw
    Lingard/Rashford

Although in saying that, it was nights like these when fergie played players you didnt expect to play we went on to win the game... so heres hoping

Based on form, it's not true.

limnam wrote: »
    How many goals have united conceded due to Valencia?

I'd imagine you'll struggle to find any stats that back up your argument.

I doubt his errors leading to goals would be similar to his peers playing at top 6 clubs.

Based on form, it's not true.

Ashley young been crap recently, herrera all season. Mctominay meh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Interesting team. Herrera and Lindeloff in is a bit random. I know Jose can pick a team to fit a game but they were not playing a lot lately.

The overall approach makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very little faith in that team and no excitement. Pogba benched while we play a three man midfield and Shaw not even in the squad.

So disappointing.

Kinda sums it up for me really. Expecting this to be painfully dull viewing.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine you'll struggle to find any stats that back up your argument.

I doubt his errors leading to goals would be similar to his peers playing at top 6 clubs.

You might not know what my argument is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

Take out sanchez and that team is bang average. A bad result tonight and this place will go into meltdown

You're one to talk, and the bad result hasn't even come yet...
    Hasnt been said yet but Martial dropped as well. Disgusted with that team to be honest
    Get the head out of the sand lads

I'm not saying it's all good, but you shouldn't be accusing anyone of a meltdown or any form of thread-spoiling.

Hoping linderoff has a good game too, well I hope they all do tbf....

Herrera starting? Crap all season, pogba has had what a couple of bad games?? Its a joke

Yeah Herrera is getting a chance to impress, Pogba will as well eventually.

Even if Herrera can't string a single pass together he won't completely ignore his defensive responsibilities of I was the gaffer I wouldn't trust Pogba in a big away game.

It's laughable people consider Pogba bigger than the team and manager he's done nothing here, for Juve or France for all the pandering.

Hoping linderoff has a good game too, well I hope they all do tbf....

I like his distribution from the back it's far more intelligent than smalling.

He'll be grand

*touch wood*

• Advertisement

You're one to talk, and the bad result hasn't even come yet...

I'm not saying it's all good, but you shouldn't be accusing anyone of a meltdown or any form of thread-spoiling.

Sure its all grand, hes being rested for chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Sevilla will be tough in Spain but I agree the plan is to give pogba a few minutes of a tune up ahead of the game on Sunday. He is going to be needed Chelsea and no sense in starting him if he isn't 100% from his illness/injury

Really? This game is bigger than the Chelsea game. It's not like we're going to catch City.

He benches Pogba for playing poorly in a 2 man midfield then proceeds to trot out a formation that Pogba plays best in the following two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m with Duff on Pogba “he’s got world class ability but he’s not a world class player”.

Ashley young been crap recently, herrera all season. Mctominay meh

Young has single handedly dragged us through some games.

He's been fantastic.

Mct as been solid as a rock.

I'll give you ander.

Next.

Yeah Herrera is getting a chance to impress, Pogba will as well eventually.

Even if Herrera can't string a single pass together he won't completely ignore his defensive responsibilities of I was the gaffer I wouldn't trust Pogba in a big away game.

It's laughable people consider Pogba bigger than the team and manager he's done nothing here, for Juve or France for all the pandering.

Done nothing for utd juve or france??!!!!

WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Our biggest game in God knows how long, and that team is utter sh..e!

Herrera? McTominay? Lindelof?

FFS!!!

All that money spent since Fergie left and we’ve Ashley Young playing fullback!

I hate to say it, I fear for us tonight.

Young has single handedly dragged us through some games.

He's been fantastic.

Mct as been solid as a rock.

I'll give you ander.

Next.

Ashley young v spurs?

If pogba can't or won't do the defensive side of the game it don't matter if it's a 2 or 3 man midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Pogba is surely gone at the end of the season. From being the player the team was going to be built around to be dropped for a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Rio and scholes confirming Fergie played the exact same kind of defensive formation away in Europe.....

Relax guys, this is all part of the course.

Ashley young v spurs?

Everyone vs spurs?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Pogba is surely gone at the end of the season. From being the player the team was going to be built around to be dropped for a kid.

Looking that way. Its a complete joke to be honest

Drumpot wrote: »
    Rio and scholes confirming Fergie played the exact same kind of defensive formation away in Europe.....

Relax guys, this is all part of the course.

At Anfield.

At the bridge.

People have short memories.

• LOL
    Worse this place is getting

Looking that way. Its a complete joke to be honest

No, It's not.

• Advertisement

2-0 Mata penalty and lukukau

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jayo26 wrote: »
    b_Ddq.gif

Thanks jayo26

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL
    Worse this place is getting

It's gone from meltdowns when we lose, to when we draw, to when we win, to now even before the game. :p

There's a few weaker elements. It the fact it's a 433 shows me that he's starting to try out that formation, likely to use Pogba "right" in upcoming games. He's rested a few first teasers, and gone for a "solid defensive lineup away from home".

This is a bigger insult to Pogba than the time Fergie played Rafael in midfield instead of him.

He’s finished at the club by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

The meltdown is mind boggling. Some of the stuff being spouted good god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't think Pogba is bigger than the team/manager.

I do think it's worrying for the 'club' that our manager doesn't feel like he can start a player he spent £95 million on in one of our biggest game of the past 4 years.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kinda sums it up for me really. Expecting this to be painfully dull viewing.

Like a throw back to a Fergie away game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You can tell that bangkok has his fingers and toes crossed hoping we lose tonight just so he can shout I TOLD YOU SO!!!! at the end of the game.

Managers decision is final.

And Jose will live and die by his decisions.

Done nothing for utd juve or france??!!!!

WTF

Yes nothing to justify your over the top posts he's not Messi/Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Arguably everyone on the bench, except Romero, should be in the first team!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement