Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• ElChe32 wrote: »
    The meltdown is mind boggling. Some of the stuff being spouted good god.

It isn't worth it.
    Might peek in the match thread but staying out of here until the match is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You can tell that bangkok has his fingers and toes crossed hoping we lose tonight just so he can shout I TOLD YOU SO!!!! at the end of the game.

Managers decision is final.

And Jose will live and die by his decisions.

Dont be so ****ing ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

A big performance from Alexis tonight would be delightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I don't think Pogba is bigger than the team/manager.

I do think it's worrying for the 'club' that our manager doesn't feel like he can start a player he spent £95 million on in one of our biggest game of the past 4 years.

I'm not too worried José just needs to keep us in the top 4 and find a midfielder he trusts to carry out his game plan.

I'm sure we'll make a profit on Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I can live with Pogba leaving in the Summer. I love watching him when he’s on his game but they have been few and far between in fairness.

I could also live with Mourinho leaving in the Summer. He’s there long enough and still baffles everyone with his team selections. Doesn’t seem to have us playing any style of football. It’s just a load of individuals doing their own thing by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I don't think Pogba is bigger than the team/manager.

I do think it's worrying for the 'club' that our manager doesn't feel like he can start a player he spent £95 million on in one of our biggest game of the past 4 years.

Not to beat a point I’ve made over and over again but perhaps the clubs transfer policy over the last 5 years is a part of the problem? Managers have input but don’t choose all players that are signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

You can tell that bangkok has his fingers and toes crossed hoping we lose tonight just so he can shout I TOLD YOU SO!!!! at the end of the game.
    And the usual mob will be mocking him personally if the game goes well for United.

beno619 wrote: »
    Yes nothing to justify your over the top posts he's not Messi/Ronaldo.

So why did Jose and United smash the world record transfer fee to sign him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

FatherTed wrote: »
    Really? This game is bigger than the Chelsea game. It's not like we're going to catch City.

He benches Pogba for playing poorly in a 2 man midfield then proceeds to trot out a formation that Pogba plays best in the following two games.

In his opinion he has played pogba in a midfield 3. This game is big, but it is a two legged tie and the team picked is pretty functional for getting a result with back up from the bench if needed. He said it was pogbas decision not to play and has alluded to him not being 100%, after confirming he would be playing the day before the game at the weekend.

It's not about catching city, it's about ensuring a top 4 finish tbh and the game v Chelsea is a 6pointer in that regard

You may not agree with decisions but you can accept there are reasons even if you don't agree with them.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL
    Worse this place is getting

It's actually hilarious to see the levels of pathetic which keeps being exceeded by what you assume are grown men, and women.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

It's not much of a stretch.

Bro to bro here you might want to take a little break and a walk you are getting very emotional already. Can't be good for your health my friend.

Hey you'll like this #pogbench is trending on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

So why did Jose and United smash the world record transfer fee to sign him?

You'll have to ask José/Man United. I honestly don't know. He's been incredibly underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Stop been so aggressive and targeting posters :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Pogba is going nowhere, jaysus lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You play your biggest stars in the biggest games. What is the point if the player can't do the job you need him for?

Jose doesn't trust him, simple as. There is no other way to look at it.

Its a PR disaster for Pogba, Addidas and Utd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ElChe32 wrote: »
    The meltdown is mind boggling. Some of the stuff being spouted good god.

I mean, it makes sense if you look at them as not actually being serious....

I can live with Pogba leaving in the Summer. I love watching him when he’s on his game but they have been few and far between in fairness.

I could also live with Mourinho leaving in the Summer. He’s there long enough and still baffles everyone with his team selections. Doesn’t seem to have us playing any style of football. It’s just a load of individuals doing their own thing by the looks of it.

He won 2 trophies in his first season and has united looking like a regular Champions league qualifier and there is tangible proof that the club is on an upward trend. What did you expect after 20 months?

The football might not be great but he will Get there like he’s proven at every club. United are doing ok not playing great so it’s reasonable to ascertain that they will be there or thereabouts when Jose gets things the way he likes.

Incidentally I think he might think the team is low on confidence. SAF regularly reverted to a defensive formation after defeats or when he felt it was the best strategy.

We all want united playing free flowing football but they just aren’t there yet. In the absence of being the finished article Jose is choosing a more solid strategy. Pogba doesn’t suit that strategy. I think that makes compete sense.

beno619 wrote: »
    You'll have to ask José/Man United. I honestly don't know. He's been incredibly underwhelming.

Still the best player by a mile in europa league last year. 9 assists this season

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You play your biggest stars in the biggest games. What is the point if the player can't do the job you need him for?

Yes and a PR disaster we may never recover from!!!! Think of all the pot noodle sponsors that will walk because of this! It's a disgrace!

How can he do this to us? Worst decision of all time, never wanted him anyway. Never wanted to win this anyway. Be lucky to avoid relegation relegation next year by the looks of it

'Off the Ball' hammering home the narrative that one of Pogba or Jose won't be at United next season. Martin Lipton from the Sun with the following...

- Pogba is jealous of the attention and wage packet Sanchez received.

- Jose is going to be attracted to a vacant-by-Summer PSG job, his best chance at winning a 3rd CL as manager with ample Qatari funds.

- Recent contract renewal doesn't matter, Jose left Chelsea 6 months after his last contract renewal.

Ger: 'Martin, you've completely convinced me about the dynamic between Pogba and Jose, and Jose's links to PSG. thanks for that'

OTB used to be quite objective, or at least sensible.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »

A Pr disasters thats a new one tbf and who cares if we win

Right lads, enjoy the game. Might pop back at half time. Can't wait!

#wontsomeonethinkoflingard!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not much of a stretch.

Bro to bro here you might want to take a little break and a walk you are getting very emotional already. Can't be good for your health my friend.

Hey you'll like this #pogbench is trending on Twitter

Wanting the team i support to lose? No, never, i will never want united to lose EVER. Unlike some who were happy for utd to lose under both moyes and van gaal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

And the usual mob will be mocking him personally if the game goes well for United.

He brings much of the mockery he receives ENTIRELY on himself.

He brings much of the mockery he receives ENTIRELY on himself.

By being correct more often than not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Supersubs will shine tonight. Only logical reason to leave all them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Everyone else sound a little out of sync on rte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smalling against Muriel already scares me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

duffman13 wrote: »
    Everyone else sound a little out of sync on rte?

Yeah I switched to BT. Annoying as it's not hd.

• Advertisement

By being correct more often than not

Absolutely.

Everyone is out of step but our Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Absolutely.

Everyone is out of step but our Johnny.

In fairness the usual mob have given him sh*t on a number of occasions for saying stuff that has turned out to be true.

In fairness the usual mob have given him sh*t on a number of occasions for saying stuff that has turned out to be true.

Such as?

If someone posts enough soundbites from various reputable and not so reputable sources statistically they are bound to be right at least once or twice.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And Herrera is gone. :/

Ander injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

feck

• Advertisement

I would love nothing better then Pogba to come on and have a stormer and for him and Jose to high five after a win!

Balls but Sanchez in midfield:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Stupid back heel attempt and injures himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pogba to be subbed off in a sec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Here’s Pogba

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What’s the betting on José subbing Pogba after 60 mins now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Such as?

If someone posts enough soundbites from various reputable and not so reputable sources statistically they are bound to be right at least once or twice.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Well he spoke about how good City were earlier in the season and took plenty of sh*t for it, and still does. I think it's quite obvious that City are very good.

Sometime before Christmas he said our attack wasn't great or something to that effect and took some sh*t for it. With the "2nd highest scorers in the league" line coming out once or twice. We're not the 2nd highest scorers anymore and have struggled to score in plenty of our games this season.

He took sh*t for suggesting Yeovil might put in a few hard tackles on Sanchez and that's exactly what they did.

He took sh*t on Monday for downplaying the Aguero incident and suggesting he wouldn't get a ban. Aguero didn't get a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What’s the betting on José subbing Pogba after 60 mins now?

Ha ha. Imagine. I think Pogba is sulking about something and Jose Is proving a point that it’s his team. It’ll work itself out. Best thing Pogba can do is work hard and make himself undroppable.

Well he spoke about how good City were earlier in the season and took plenty of sh*t for it, and still does. I think it's quite obvious that City are very good.

Sometime before Christmas he said our attack wasn't great or something to that effect and took some sh*t for it. With the "2nd highest scorers in the league" line coming out once or twice. We're not the 2nd highest scorers anymore and have struggled to score in plenty of our games this season.

He took sh*t for suggesting Yeovil might put in a few hard tackles on Sanchez and that's exactly what they did.

He took sh*t on Monday for downplaying the Aguero incident and suggesting he wouldn't get a ban. Aguero didn't get a ban.

Fair play, you have a better memory than me. I could only remember 2 of them.

Said we should have signed salah for our right hand side as well.

Also.said pogba wasnt "sick"

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can’t remember the last time I enjoyed watching a United game.

That’s fake news cause bangkok was arguing he shouldn’t get a ban, not that he wouldn’t.
    It was in fact most everyone else who was saying Aguero would get away with it.

He likes Man City, Pep, Aguero. No denying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why sidefoot it? Laces!

GSPfan wrote: »
    That’s fake news cause bangkok was arguing he shouldn’t get a ban, not that he wouldn’t.
    It was in fact most everyone else who was saying Aguero would get away with it.

He likes Man City, Pep, Aguero. No denying that.

I cant stand pep

Lukaku should have at least hit target there

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Can’t remember the last time I enjoyed watching a United game.

What was the cup game against a lower league team we played in where we scored late through another Lingard strike? That was deadly. Think we won 2-0 in the end.

Derby County 2-0. Just checked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement