Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Darcy Show 27th January 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arghus wrote: »
    Not to turn the thread into a Pantera love in, but they're one of the few bands from my teenage metal years that I love more now as an adult than I ever did back then - I appreciate how good some of their songs were, the amazing musicianship and, my god, Phil could really scream like a demon back in the day.

I actually gave the art of shredding a spin last week, Phil and dimebag were some combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Back to 1992... :D

Well I ain’t jacked my lumber baby, since my chain saw you :cool:

Well i'll raise you one here :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

giphy.gif

Ah yes in 1992, I was working in the creamery.

edit: No I wasn't.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I'm going out on a limb here but was there a similarily well researched article in Magill many years ago.

Due to our unfortunate Catholic ethos there was a huge anti semite culture here led by clergy. I'd say we sheltered a few nazis along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ah yes in 1992, I was working in the creamery.

edit: No I wasn't.

Would love to work her creamery .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hiberno12345

I vaguely remember a fairly damning RTE documentary on fugitive Nazis that found a home here Folen eas crucified in it.Id actually love to see it again, was surprisingly well researched, one of Charlie Haugheys business mates was named in program too.

Just watched this on youtube fascinating story.

"The Irishmen who fought in the waffen SS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

One last song from ‘92...classic :)

giphy.gif

That reminds me of sligojoek.... i've just realised i've no milk in for me sugar puffs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

1992 me ar$e.

BBC4 12:05am

The Easybeats to AC/DC: The Story of Aussie Rock

The story of the rock band, and how Australian family run company Albert Music launched them in the mid-1970s onto the global music scene. The film recalls how Scottish emigre siblings Angus and Malcolm Young were produced by their older brother George and fellow Easybeats member Harry Vanda, later joined by lead singer Bon Scott. The film retraces the band's explosion in popularity, the relentless touring and the early death of Scott in 1980

• Advertisement

As a 9/11 truther myself, can I just say two things

1) I agree with Jim that there is no way that three steel building were brought down by fire as the 9/11 Commission Report would have you believe.
    2) I wish that somebody other than Jim Corr would have led this campaign in Ireland as we now all look like complete nutters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I wonder how often the Waffen SS come up in the Graham Norton thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

1) I agree with Jim that there is no way that three steel building were brought down by fire as the 9/11 Commission Report would have you believe.
    2) I wish that somebody other than Jim Corr would have led this campaign in Ireland as we now all look like complete nutters.

Can't blame Jim for everything!

Did he get out of all that debt in the end with the banks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

If Jim was more well known in America, Trey Parker and Matt Stone would be having a field day with him :D

Whole seasons of ‘South Park’ dedicated to the wisdom of Mr. Corr :pac:

"Jaws the revenge" (on ITV now) is better than the ray darcy show, honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Get an abortion survivor on.

We've had the Marion keys and roisin ingle's plenty.

Get an abortion survivor on.

We've had the Marion keys and roisin ingle's plenty.

Aren't they all dead?

Think i'll have to stop consuming irish media because it will be non-stop abortion talk.

Aren't they all dead?

Survivor of attempted murder.

I happen to come across this link by accident on youtube, needed cheering up, although that's always a given when you watch Ray as well:P

Here is a class chatshow host Craig Ferguson & it's always good craic when another Scot is on the show, this time it's the gorgeous ginger that is Karen Gillan:)

& even he predicted a Female Dr Who ;)

• Advertisement

Think i'll have to stop consuming irish media because it will be non-stop abortion talk.

We've had non-stop abortion talk for the last 5 years.

Do you not read; The Irish times, Irish independent, Irish examiner, hot press, Joe.ie, thejournal.ie.

Then we have rte especially late late show and daily radio shows all proposing the same messages.

Or maybe I'm just another conspiracy theorist.

We've had non-stop abortion talk for the last 5 years.

Do you not read; The Irish times, Irish independent, Irish examiner, hot press, Joe.ie, thejournal.ie.

Then we have rte especially late late show and daily radio shows all proposing the same messages.

Or maybe I'm just another conspiracy theorist.

It will be really unbearable from now on.

Ray Darcy sympothing with a holocaust survivor is full of irony considering his position on abortion.

There's an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ray Darcy sympothing with a holocaust survivor is full of irony considering his position on abortion.

There's an opinion.

What's his opinion on abortion?

It will be really unbearable from now on.

To me it is actually fascinating.

The actual topic is fascinating. It questions our very being.

They call it the Stalingrad of arguments but considering the positions of the party leaders and the likely vote, we are in for some drama.

He's in favour of abortion.

M

Don't see any relation to the holocaust about him having such a view on abortion. Sooner the referendum comes the better. I believe there should be another vote every 20 years, it's a serious issue that might change over time.

Don't see any relation to the holocaust about him having such a view on abortion. Sooner the referendum comes the better. I believe there should be another vote every 20 years, it's a serious issue that might change over time.

20 more years of peopoganda.

Why not get someone on that has survived an abortion procedure?

Why not a pro life interview on Rte?

Pro life viewers pay their license fee as well.

It's censorship

• Advertisement

Sooner they call the referendum question the better.

M

Why not get someone on that has survived an abortion procedure?

Why not a pro life interview on Rte?

Pro life viewers pay their license fee as well.

Non pro lifers also pay their licence fee, with the current polls more do than the pro lifers.

Non pro lifers also pay their licence fee, with the current polls more do than the pro lifers.

Well your "polls" are out the window once we are in referendum mode.

Abortion won't be some indie music background video, comedy that you want to portray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Probably because the Catholic church is against it.

I find it a very strange stance by him given his love of all things children and childbirth.

M

Well your "polls" are out the window once we are in referendum mode.

Abortion won't be some indie music background video, comedy that you want to portray

I would put my car on the vote being passed to allow abortion.

PP giving 1/6 on.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/irish-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=3133046

I would put my car on the vote being passed to allow abortion.

PP giving 1/6 on.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/irish-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=3133046

You are not a punter.

I backed Trump at 11/2.

Have you seen the historic polls?

M

You are not a punter.

I backed Trump at 11/2.

Have you seen the historic polls?

Trump was a certainty, the yes vote is a certainty.

Trump was a certainty, the yes vote is a certainty.

You are not a punter.

M

You are not a punter.

If you put a lot of money on a no vote you will enter NAMA.

• Advertisement

If you put a lot of money on a no vote you will enter NAMA.

No I won't

@ 7/2 you can't see from that far up your hole.

Even though I know the repeal referendum will lose I will not be putting a cent on the vote.

I view this plebiscite to be immoral.

I think that the repeal will get through. Media stations like Newstalk, and all the usual talking heads from Amnesty and other "rights" groups, will push the repeal vote over the line. There is no objectivity in Ireland, where the media stations are essentially liberal lobby groups.

Jim is back...

I'm surprised to see that Jim is back posting 9/11 stuff tbh. I know that they are back touring (I think) and when they were interviewed a while back you could see that there was an enforced gag order on Jim. The three girls answered pretty much all the questions that were asked, while Jim was left at the end of the couch, essentially on his own. He seemed disinterested, repeatedly dropping one lego block into an upright section of ten lego blocks, watching it bounce off, and then shaking his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'm surprised to see that Jim is back posting 9/11 stuff tbh. I know that they are back touring (I think) and when they were interviewed a while back you could see that there was an enforced gag order on Jim. The three girls answered pretty much all the questions that were asked, while Jim was left at the end of the couch, essentially on his own. He seemed disinterested, repeatedly dropping one lego block into an upright section of ten lego blocks, watching it bounce off, and then shaking his head.

I remember that interview recently, we couldn't see his eyes so it was hard to read the situation. The sisters steered the interview, strange the interviewer didn't draw Jim into the conversation more.

M

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I remember that interview recently, we couldn't see his eyes so it was hard to read the situation. The sisters steered the interview, strange the interviewer didn't draw Jim into the conversation more.

I was convinced when watching it that it wasn't the real Jim :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement