Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franking Machine

Options
  • 28-01-2018 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My company sends out only a small amount of mail - maybe 4-5 standard letters per day with the occasional piece sent with Express or Registered Post. However, we have been receiving numerous complaints from customers simply not receiving what we've sent them. So I have looked at alternative ways of sending mail and came across the option of getting a franking machine. Does anyone have any experience with them?
    In particular I have the following questions:
    - Is franked mail going to be any more reliable than poststamped mail?
    - If we were to get a used one from, say, eBay, could we use it even if it isn't listed on An Post's approved machine list (http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Postage+Options/Meter/)- Would we have to create some sort of account/contract with An Post? Or is it simply plug in and go?

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Are your customers honest? - If they are not regular customers (eg online shop) and you are sending unregistered packets, its amazing how many "don't arrive".

If they have no real value, maybe check if addresses are written clearly as this is where most issues arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

From my limited experience with franking machines (in a previous job we sent out 200/300 zero value letters a day) you prepay for your post, your franking machine will communicate with an post for this so they may need you to get an approved model.

Also, it is not tracked so no better than regular post, just a hell of a lot faster than putting a stamp on each envelope.

If you are sending out anything of any value, you should get in touch with an post about setting up an account, I was surprised at how cheap they were.

Advertisement