Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reps at the holiday show in Dublin today.

Options
  • 28-01-2018 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya.
    I want to tell you what happened to me today.  I am getting messed around by Bord Gais, so am looking to move.

Saw your reps today at the holiday show in the RDS and when she spoke to me, I explained I was looking to move but bonkers.ie was showing Flogas was cheapest for gas and Energia for leccy.

She did a good job explaining bonkers does not include cashback, so figures are not accurate.  She offered me a free boiler service, cashback, the works, but I do understand she was trying to sell me something, so I knew I needed to check what was being offered.

I was interested in signing up so she started taking my details for a callback.  However, the tablet she was using kept asking for more and more information.   Then it asked for a signature, then it said about "I confirm I have got terms and conditions", then it wanted my DD details, etc etc.

I pointed out I was not signing up and they were to call me Wednesday after I had researched her promises.     She explained I was not signing up, it was just the way the program ran.  

Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard!   It had my sig.  Then address, then asking me to confirm receipt of terms and conditions and then DD details ???     I aint no solicitor, but that sounds like a contract to me !!

I am still looking to move, maybe to you, but I walked away from her today.  What is your opinion of this please?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for your message.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]We have contacted the relevant department for further information regarding this.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]If you would like to send us a private message with further details (the name of the agent, the approximate time you were speaking with them, etc.), we can look into this further. We will also advise you of any updates as we receive them.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Any standard offers available to customers switching to Electric Ireland can be found online here.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Should you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,
    Brige[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Hi there,[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Thanks for your message.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]We have contacted the relevant department for further information regarding this.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]If you would like to send us a private message with further details (the name of the agent, the approximate time you were speaking with them, etc.), we can look into this further. We will also advise you of any updates as we receive them.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Any standard offers available to customers switching to Electric Ireland can be found online here.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Should you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Thanks,
    Brige[/font]
    I will try to find her name, I think she wrote it down.  You had a stall with a foreign lady a a guy on it.  There was an electric Ireland jeep outside.   She offered us a holiday show only offer of a free boiler service.

While she took my details for a call back on Wednesday, she had me signing all sorts of stuff, " but it's OK, it's not a contract, it's a template" !! 

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We are still looking into this for you, and will provide you with an update as soon as one is made available.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience while this was being looked into for you.

We have spoken with the necessary department regarding this matter. They advised that the agents located at events, such as the RDS holiday show, will request as many details as possible from potential customers at the time of the show. A call will then be made at the prearranged time to retrieve any final details, such as meter readings, that the potential customer may not have at the time of the event.

The switch is not processed until after this call, to ensure that all details are received.

Customers' signatures are obtained at the event so that, should they wish to proceed with the switch over the call, a record of the customer's signature is on file for the switch.

We can also advise that there is currently work underway to develop a standalone call back form, that will only be used to arrange call backs to discuss products over the phone. However, this is not currently available, which is why the current form is in use.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement